Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many magazines do you subscribe to or buy on a monthly basis?
1 2 5.88%
2 8 23.53%
3 0 0%
4 8 23.53%
5 1 2.94%
6 3 8.82%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 or more 3 8.82%
None 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 08:05 AM   #61  

Quick WIW report - I have lost 2 pounds and pretty happy about it - with you Quilter, no shakey needle here -

Sabrina
272/246/157
Old 07-17-2002, 08:34 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW Everyone

Hope the scale is good to everyone today. So far the losses have been great. Guess I am going to mess it up. I was down 1 today. Sure was disappointing. I was sure I was going to be down at least 2 or 3. Oh well, better than gaining. I need to start journaling again. At least I am in a new set of numbers. Finally reached 179 today. My clothes are loser this week, braclets and watch too. Guess I lost more inches than pounds. That's ok.

Someone is coming to look at my computer tonite. I sure hope he can fix it. If not, by BIL is coming Sunday and he is a computer guy so finally I will get it fixed. I really miss chats.

Mercy, You are doing great with your walking. Keep up the good work.

Sef, Cute joke. It thought it was serious at first.

Bob, How awful about your car. Sure wish there was some way to prove it. It hink I would take out an ad in the newspaper or something letting everyone know what they did. They shouldn't gt off scott free.

Monet, sorry you are feeling so poorly. I know I have asked you before, but I have CRV (can't remember sh--t), what meds do you take for Lupus? Why have you gotten off some of your meds? Feel better soon. Hang in there. At least you know the reason for any weight gain.

Miliris, Got a good laugh about the pizza in the tree. I tend to dream about food. I am always relieved when I wake up that it was only a dream and I really didn't eat the food.

Deb, It is horrible about that little Samantha. They still haven't found the other girl in CA. It's been almost 7 weeks. You have to believe they can't be alive. My heart goes out to those families. How do you make it through soemthing like that. You're coming right along with your cleaning. Could it be that Eli is coming home soon an you want it to look good for him?? I wish yuo could talk to my DD too. They think I'm obessive. I think I have to be. My youngest is getting discouraged after 2 days. She is starving.

Quilter, WOW, 3.5 how wonderful for you. Send me your secrets. Sometimes it's fun, other times......

Zanne, Congrats on the 3 pounds. But I don't want it that way. How horrible. Feel better soon.

Mel, WTG on the 2 pounds.

Marshmellow, Welcome to this board and SB. This is a great place for support. Congrats onthe 3 pound loss. That will help keep you motivated and keep you going strong. We're here to help if you need it. I don't understand watermelon either. Isn't it mostly water? But I don't like it, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Have a great day. Check in later.

Jackie
257/179 /145
10-10-01
Old 07-17-2002, 09:09 AM   #63  

Default WIW

Just a quick post, I'm happy to report that I'm holding steady at 233. What, you ask, I'm happy about not losing? Well, not really, but considering that I ate my way through East Texas this week-end and TOM should be here any day, I'm thrilled!

I forgot who it was that asked about Macaroni Grill. I'm sure it's too late, but for future reference, they have a chicken piccata type dish that's wonderful. They also do a shrimp in lemon butter sauce with fresh sauteed spinach that's really good as well. We've also found that they are very accomodating with substituting veggies for the pasta on most of their dishes. Now if I could just stay away from that bread!

Gotta run now and actually get some work done. Only 1 week and 2 days until vacation!!! Yippee!
Old 07-17-2002, 09:19 AM   #64  

Default WIW

After losing 5 lbs last week and the 3 lbs that seem to be coming and going I can only report an offical 1 lb loss for me this week. I am glad there is at least that though, mind you, with all my exercising I was hoping for more. Today I have switched back to a full blown SB's menu and gave Atkins the heave ho. I am always grateful to good ole Atkins for the boosts he gives me like that 5 lbs but I know it will stop there. I want to be eating healthy and normal so SB's it is!

JACK-K- I am with you with that lone 1 lb but let's not get discouraged by that. Let's be happy there was at least a loss and just keep going. Not every week is a stellar loss week but we can't let that get us down or let it make us less vigilant. On the contrary, let's try all the harder this week and see what happens!

ZANNE-Sorry to hear about the food poisoning that is no fun at all, even with the weight loss! But congrats on getting into the 160's! Glad you got hold of the WATP tapes. Let me know how it goes once you are able to try them. The 1 mile is such a good place to start because it goes quickly yet you can feel that you have truly done some exercise. She does build as she goes up and she varies things in the different tapes. The weather there is supposed to be wicked but here it is nice and cool. We have had more than our share of thunder and lightening storms but it is keeping things from being too hot and I will take that anyday! Mind you are garden is too wet this year and last year it was too dry. A happy medium would be nice!

MONET- So good to see you check in with us again. I had noticed that Buggie has popped back on at the LCC which I peek in at from time to time still.

MARSHMELLOW- Welcome to another CANADIAN!! I have been living in NB for nearly 2 years now but I was born and bred in Southern Ontario. There are only a few of us Canucks on the board so you are a most welcomed sight. ZANNE and ROSALIE are both in Ontario too. Congratulations on the 3 pound loss, you are off to a terrific start!

MERCY- Way to go on the treadmill walking! It sure makes you feel good and that you have really accomplished something doesn't it?

DEBELLI- My kids do the same thing with their cups and it drives me batty! They go through about 25 in one day. I keep telling them to set their cups beside the Culligan Cooler and to just use the same one again but that is just too hard!

I think you are so right DEB. I mean about eating on plan, exercising and drinking water. If we just keep doing it, even with no losses, eventually *something* has to happen and get us to lose. I think that is the part that kills most of us though. When we are doing everything right and are still not losing. I said to hubby today that maybe I am destined to stay at this weight. But that is defeatist and I am just going to keep trying because what else can I do but gain more back! I *want* it bad enough to keep going and I will!

Hehe....a little pep talk to myself there it seems!

QUILTER- How wonderful for you to get such a fantastic loss this week! You are inspiring me to go go go!

And on that note, I gotta go! I am going to get my exercising in before the kids get back from VBS. It is so nice to not be talked to or asked for anything while I am puffing away. Happy WIW!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:03 AM   #65  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Ladies

Just popping in to say hello. Sorry I've been away but I've been very busy. Also, yesterday I had to have another procedure done in my nose. Something didn't heal right in there so I had to get it corrected. Now I've got the splint in my nose again for another 8 days.

My eating has been crap so I haven't lost anything. I haven't gained either so that's good. It's time for me to get my act together again and get remotivated. I just find that when I'm not exercising, I don't do good on the plan. And since I've been unable to exercize, I've been eating bad.

Well, I just wanted to say hello - I miss all of you. I'll try to check back later today.

Missy
284/240/170
Old 07-17-2002, 11:18 AM   #66  
Little Engine That Could

The food link was great, Deb. I, too, am flabbergasted about some of the GI listings. The rice listings seemed all over the map, with some white rice being really low and others, even brown rice, being high. Who knows?! Also, I was surprised about plain durim semolina pasta. Most all white pasta is made of durim wheat or semolina, and the ratings did not seems too bad. I love pasta.

There was an article in USA Today about the medical field finally doing tests on the Adkins diet and their agreeing that people actually do lose weight on a low carb diet. I don't think I could ever do Adkins, though, with the restrictive policies re. any carbs.

Thanks for the info on Agave Nectar. I'll try to give them a call. That means that the price has increased about 40%. If we had not been buying the bottles for $2.50, would we think $4.00 was a lot?
At least now I can still make that famous cheesecake!!

Marshmellow--What a cute screen name. Are you, in truth, a mellowed-out kind of person? Welcome to the board, and your mellowness will be a great addition and help when we are stressing out over our eating!! At least you are not "Marshmallow" like the Sta-Puf Marshmallow Man. That would be a pretty funny picture! Hope we can be of help to you in your new WOE adventure.

Got my 3 miles in this morning. It's hot and after about a mile I start getting bored. It'd more fun if I had someone to walk with, and it'd be easier to stay faithful.

Did not weigh. I'm working on staying OP and not stressing about the weight. Will probably weigh in a week or 2.

HI FRUIT! Get well soon.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:02 PM   #67  

Default Hello ALL!

WIW has not been my friend today! I'm up to 139 which I have not seen in a while, but then again, I have not seen 135 in a while either I've mostly been hanging around 136 these days which is not real bad, but certainly is not below my goal.

Debbie, I'm afraid one of my biggest problems with staying OP is that I have allowed myself to get tempted with off program foods when I've been elsewhere. As in the past, when I get to the point that I'm too busy to cook & plan meals at home, we're eating out more & that is where I've gotten into trouble in the past also. I need to plan & remember how long it took me to get to this point & stay focused.

That's been one of the greatest benefits of this board is that it has not only given me new friends but also the motivation to stay focused when I felt tempted to cheat. It is just harder these days to find the time to come to the board. When I do, I want to read all the posts & respond & I just don't have the time to do that. Instead, I've stayed away. I'm sorry. I really want to keep in touch with all of you!

I will try to at least post once a week, maybe on WIW? That may help to keep me accountable & at least say hello.

On a more positive note, I have been able to maintain my weight within a 4 LB range. I REFUSE to get over 140. I am renewing my goal of 135 & am as of today, getting back into a determined routine regarding what I will allow myself to eat & what I WILL not allow myself to get tempted with.

I will even go to the recipe board & post a fabulous recipe for Cranberry Nut Muffins that I made over the week end.

Jack-K Yes, it is a wonderful feeling to tuck & wear belts again! I even wear my swimsuit proudly! LOL I just have to remind myself to stand straight & tall!

SEF, Thanks for wanting to send out a posse for me. Really makes me feel loved! I've missed you too. You know, I can't remember the last time I opened my AIM or ICQ even. Need to do that & get back in touch. We have really been getting a lot of rain here. Feels like we'll float away into the gulf soon if this rain doesn't stop. However, the garden has produced like crazy, so we've been getting lots of fresh veggies. Had calf-high water getting to my fig tree yesterday afternoon. LOL You know, that's probably one of my problems with this extra few lbs. I didn't realize how many calories were in just a few figs! OMG!!!

Bob, you know, I thought of you the other day too cause I bought DH a new gas grill for his BD & he has been grilling us alot of chicken & veggies on the griddle. Oh, soooo tasty!

QUILTER/Kim, Well you just go girl! You are in inspiration to me to really get back to work!

Tranquil, So proud of you girl!! Keep it up. BTW, loved your MM thoughts.

Meliris Hey, I passed by that Pizza tree Friday night. Unfortunately, it was all too near & I gave in to it. I'm paying for it still with the scale reading of the past few days.

fruitloupe, Sorry to hear about you having more problems with the nose! That sucks! Hey, we still need to try to get together before school starts up again. Email me & Sef when you're feeling up to it.

Gatorgal You're right, that sure is a marker increase on the Agave Nectar, but at least we can get it again. I've been trying to conserve what little I have left. Hey, did you go to Cuba yet? I remember you had mentioned that the last time I read the board.

Hello to anyone else I may have missed.

Well, got to go. Have to start setting up my class room for VBS which starts in less than 2 weeks. I have a helper coming to give me a hand this evening, so I'm taking advantage of the help. Hope to check in again before too long. It has felt good to be back in touch with all of you!

174/135/139
Old 07-17-2002, 01:35 PM   #68  

Height: 5' 7"

Default WIW

Howdy all! After fighting two pounds of water weight all week I'm so excited that I stayed the same as last week....156
This week I am going that extra mile sooooo hopefully I will have a loss next week.

I did tae bo this week twice instead of the walking....man I am so out of shape.

Contrats to everyone for all your hard work this week.

Love,
Crystle

235/156/140
Old 07-17-2002, 01:46 PM   #69  
Wannabe skinny babe

Hi all,

Been MIA this week, sorry. Have to go in Friday morning for an ultrasound on my gallbladder - turns out those stomachaches I have intermittently were gallbladder attacks, and if ultrasound confirms stones, I will have to have it taken out.

Needless to say, I DON'T want surgery! Am researching alternatives, but skeptical of the "cures", such as cleansing.

Anyhow, to relate this to SB, it turns out that the foods to avoid for future attacks are those very foods that are not legal, including white bread, sugars, etc.

Interesting correlation... I can't recall having an attack since I started SB, but have been SERIOUSLY off plan the past week. So my motivation for staying OP will also have to include no stomach pains!

WIW was okay - still 183 on my scale. Maybe I'll weigh again Friday morning, since I have to fast before the ultrasound.

Wish me luck - I'm such a big baby when it comes to doctors.

Jenn

ps - we put a bid in on a house, but lost out to another offer.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:55 PM   #70  

Hi Guys,
I'm up 1# this week 166.5......but I'm still happy I am in the 160's!!
Congratulations to all that stayed OP this past week!
Congrats to all the losers of pounds!!

Deb, thanks for the compliment on my pic but I am no Elle!!

Oh yeah, I was wondering how Barilla Pasta could be legal. It has the same ingredients all the other pasta has.

Off to do my excercise video.

Take care,
Chris
Old 07-17-2002, 04:16 PM   #71  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Weigh In Wednesday Afternoon!

Would you believe, I went and did another 6.5 miles today! Okay, so I walked the entire length, too darned hot to even try to jog, but I had the desire to do the 6.5 instead of the usual 4.5. Not too shabby.

WIW, I'm the same, still stuck up at 126. Not sure when it's going to break and go down I know it will though, it has to, eating right exercising-something's gotta give, and soon! I want so much to get back into my cushion!

Went to the HFS today, not one of the usual ones I go to because this place tends to be a lot more expensive than any other, but sometimes they have stuff the other HFS'S I frequent do not. I found some wonderful SOY CHIPS, brand name SKINNY-they are delicious! Lauren even said they taste like Tostitos! A real winner! Also, found some other chocoalte, one bar in particular was 74% cocoa content-ummm, confession time, I ate the entire bar! Thank goodness it was a smaller 2oz bar-it was more than good, absolutely delish! Hmmm, did I say I was eating right? Well at least it's an SB LEGAL chocolate, just a little too much legal eating there.

I heard from Mr. Coffee. I ended up staying up late and calling him. I figured I had this calling card, I should use it. He answered the phone and luckily, I didn't wake them up (7am there). Not too much to tell that's worth passing along except that he broke his big toe and it's causing him a lot of pain. Also, when I asked him if he was having a good time, a bit of hesitancy came across and he said not as much as last time. He also said he wasn't sleeping well, which of course I knew from evidence of the pictures I saw-said maybe it was due to all he was eating, more evidence to the pictures I saw. His plane leaves at the ungawdly hour of 2am Friday morning and he arrives home after stopping fro 5 hours in Paris and a 19hr trip back, here in Miami at 2:15pm.

MICHAEL is in heaven! He got his AP SCORES. He had to explain things to his stupid mother here as I didn't have a clue why he was jumping up and down and what it all means. He had 3 AP classes this past year, CHEMISTRY, EUROPEAN HISTORY & PHYSICS B. I knew at the beginning of the year the AP EURO was going to be the worst of his problems as the teacher, on Parent's Night said 40-60% of the class would not pass the AP EXAM and thus would not get an AP Credit. Michael needed a 3 or more to pass, he got a 3. On Physics B he needed a perfect 5 to get the credit, which he acheived, as well as getting a 5 in Chemistry. AP grades are a measure of achevement in college-level course work. Getting a 5 means you are extremely well qualified and that you have proven yourself capable of doing the work of an introductory-level course in a particular subject at a college and that he more than likely will not have to take these courses in college It seems he also receives an AP SCHOLAR AWARD, whatever that is! Can you tell this is a Proud Mom moment

Has anyone ever had REFLEXOLOGY done on their feet? I love a good foot rub and thought about getting this, or maybe asking for it for my bday-anyone?

QUESTION Do you think I should delete any pictures on the photo album board that have people who are no longer on our board? If it's just a picture of themselves, not a group shot, or say a shot of a board member currently on the board and one who is no longer on there, or should I just leave them??

Well, it seems this past week was a good one for most on the scales. Wish I could be included with the losers, but maybe next week.

QUILTER, WOO HOO! That's a wonderful loss for this week. You should be proud! I'm doing a happy dance for you. I think I also did a DOOKIE HOUSER for you as well

ZANNE, good job on the loss this week, even though it was helped by you being sick, ick, not the way to do it, but I'd probably go for anything to get the scale to move on down a bit at this point. Hope you're feeling better!

MEL, you go girl!!!

MARSH, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! Glad you've decided to join us and I know the Canuks on the board are happy to have another homey join them CONGRATS on your loss this week, doing good, doing good. I see you've lost some weight before hand, before SB-how so? You started just where I did, at 194 and your goal weight is just 1 pound above mine. You're a little taller than me-lucky! Thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD, it was nice to learn a little more about you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. I can tell already you aren't shy, you just jumped right on in, which we love!!!! Again, welcome!

TRANQUIL, gosh girl you are doing so great! See the rewards of staying OP! I definitely HAVE to make sure not to tempt you in any way while you are down here

JACKK, you didn't mess anything up, a pound loss is wonderful. PLUS, hitting a new milestone is wonderful, being in new territory! Just think, another 5 pounds and you'll hit another great milestone of under 175!!!! No, if anyone messed anything up it would be I, who lost nothing, then had chocolate today to boot (figured I have a week to work it off).

TRISH, good job this week holding your own-definitely better than a gain!!!

GRACIOUS, good job on the loss this week, you're doing good girl! I know from the past and journaling not only my foods, but my ups and downs with the scale that I go through periods of not losing, even gaining, all with being totally OP 100% and that if I'm just patient and continue to stay on track, my patience pays off, and so will yours!!!

FRUIT, thanks for checking in! Can you talk yet? Hope your nosey gets better and this time for good!!!!

GATOR, I never bought the agave at $2.50, but to have a price near that would be great! My supply will last me a while, so I don't have to worry at this time. Hoping by the time I run out it will be an easy commodity to get. Glad you liked that link-I'm going to print it out.

MELF, I know how you feel, I haven't seen my cushion in a while and can't believe that I hit 118 at one time long ago, now I can't even get back to my cushion! I don't think eating something off plan when you are out has to be the worst thing in the world. If you think about it, it's not something you have in your house, once you leave, it's not going to around again, you can have a little and not eat all of whatever it may be, and as long as it's only once in a while, it shouldn't hurt much, if any. I have decided to allow a few things back into my eating-like popcorn. I have a brand that I think is the lesser of all evils. It's from a company called BEARITOS and it's a microwave popcorn that has only salt, no oil, nor anything else. I don't feel guilty now when I eat it and it satisfys me-luckily, it has fiber to boot. It's not a daily occurance, but if it were, I wouldn't worry about it as long as I don't see a gain from it, should I, I'll cut it out.

COUNTRY, congrats on holding your own this week-always better than a gain!

JENN, hope you don't have to have GB surgery! Let us know what happens. At least these days they can do it with such a small incision. when I had to have mine removed, well, let's just say I have a long ugly scar down my stomach-not pretty at all! I'd look into other alternatives if you can-I wish I could remember where I read something about stones, but I think it may of been kidney stones that I read about, where diet was able to reduce them so they could pass, but can't remember for sure.

CHRIS, you are very welcome, the compliment was genuine! Don't worry about being up a pound, mystery fluctuations occur all the time

Okay, I hear the thunder coming! Just in time, I'm caught up for now and can get off before the lightning comes along as well.

Will check in later!

Toodles

Debbie
194/126/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-17-2002, 04:53 PM   #72  

Went to the doc and he weighed me at 148..and I'm happy with that. If I ever get to 142, I'll be happy..but I won't be upset if I don't.

Not exercising enough..but I'm eating a lot better. I had some soft tacos last night and I didn't eat the shells!! Only veggies, beans and chicken. I don't know how OP that was, but it's a big deal if I skip things like tortilla shells. I live for that sort of thing. Feeling better now that I'm back to WW bread and salads.

Deb- Change things up a bit..that usually helps lose the weight no? I found some dark droste chocolate. It's so bitter and rich I can only handle two discs at a time. Talk about a lo-cal chocolate dessert!

Chris - you have the right attitude. stay on track and you'll lose maybe two lbs by next WIW

Jenn-I hope everything will be ok. When i'm at the doctor I think, in two hours I'll be eating ice cream or reading a magazine or sleeping. I repeat it over and over to forget about any pain. Wishing you luck!!

CountryMom- water weight can be such a drag. Keep drinking water and exercising and I'll bet you lose by next week. BTW, how's the job? Haven't heard much about it lately.

Melf - I know how you feel completely. I'm having trouble avoiding eating out. I'm also having problems getting to 142, although I'm glad I'm not over 150. I can't stand moving that big weight over to 150 when I weigh myself. I don't have problems with breakfast and lunch so much as I do with dinner. Good luck getting back to 135!

Gator- Avoiding the scale huh? I think you have the right idea

Gracious- Do you think atkins could help get those last 5lbs off? I'm not having problems maintaining..just need a boost to get the last 5 off...

Trish- sometimes a pig-out doesn't affect me either. in fact, on some occasions I lost. although this is not a recommendation to pig out

Jack-k - Inches are more important than pounds. You could've gained muscle!

Marshmellow - I dropped 3 the first week as well.. I went through cycles where I lost for two weeks and then maintained or lost .5lbs. I got into it pretty slowly too..so the shock wouldn't kill me there were just some things that were really difficult to reverse.

Zanne -don't make this a habit

Quilter- I can't stand that shaky needle...Congrats!!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:03 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just checking back in.

Sounds like WIW was good to most people. Congrats.
Those who didn't, it is a new week and it will be better.

Tranquil, WTG on the 2 pounds. You are doing great.

Trish, Glad you are holding steady. Now just come on down. It was me that asked about Macaroni Grill. Unfortuanley all the things like the shrimp and other legal things, I don't like. I ended up splitting the chicken parm. with my DD. Counted it as 2 carbs. Didn't eat the pasta. Took a pinch of the bread, but didn't really like it and really didn't like it dipped in the oil. Lucky for me.

Gracious, I'm with you. Going to be hard core this week. I may go back to my journaling. I just seem to be so unorganized lately. Still OP but not just prepared. Summer is too busy. Liked your little pep talk.

Fruit, I am so glad to hear from you. I was getting worried. At least you haven't gained. Now you can start on the downward trend. Good luck Welcome back.

Gator, heard that about Atkins too. But they said they are still not sure it is a safe way. Especially for a long time. I want something I can do for the rest of my life. Walking with someone really helps make the time fly. Only my DH walks with me at night, but he is not a talker.

MELF, gET BACK ON THIS BOARD, ONLY IF IT IS TO READ THE POSTS. wE DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T POST TO ALL , JusT SAY HI. iT WILL HELP YOU STAY ON TRACK. Good lcuk (sorry didn't know it was on caps).

Country, Liked your attitude about staying the same. Good for you. Determination. Hope to see a loss next week.

Jenn, Sorry to hear about your gallbladder. Probably removing it is best. Gets rid of future problems. Interesting about the causes isn't it? Sorry you lost the house. Maybe your "dream house" is out there waiting. Good luck.

Chris, sorry you were up 1 this week. Maybe next week will be better. Hang in there and stay on track.

Deb, 6.5 again today, great job!. Glad yo got to talk to Eli. A big congrats to Michael on a job well done!. THat is wonderful. My oldest took those AP classes, she graduated college 1/2 year early. He must get his brains from Mom. Don't know anything about reflexology, sorry, but I do love a good foot rub. As far as the pics go, I really don't get to go there very often so I don't feel justified to say. Stay away from that chocolate.

Have a great night everyone.

Jackie
257/179/145
10-10-01
Old 07-17-2002, 05:15 PM   #74  

WIW is not good today, up 2#, but am glad the up and down is between 160 and 162 instead of the 162 and 164-166 of a couple of weeks ago. I will make sure I'm getting in my water and get back on the bike.

Congrats to all the great losers this week. You all are doing a wonderful job!

I finished my book last night. It was good, but not as much stomach tightening suspense as in some of the earlier books. Those of you who read the Left Behind series: it's getting closer!

Deb: The MM idea was great. It is inspiring to see what we all use as motivation. And the writer in some of us is really shining through. Wanna come clean my house next? My DH is home all day long because he still hasn't found a job. I'll trade ya!

KTK: I'm so glad you got to meet the other Kim. I loved my visit with Beth. We had a great time, just wish we'd had time to go shopping, too. Maybe next time!

Marshmellow: Welcome to the board. This is a great place to hang and it won't take you long at all to feel comfortable. I remember the first time I posted here last August. What a fraidy cat I was.

Jenn: Hugs and prayers are coming your way.

Melf and Mel: Glad to see you ladies back.

Mel: Your vacation sounds exciting! Were you able to take lots of pictures? I'm jealous that you have your college kid home to mess up the house. My DS is still gone, but will be home the 27th for 2 1/2 weeks. Then he's back for his third year and I can't believe how fast the time is flying.

Serene and Tranquil: You two are so lucky to have each other. It is hard sometimes to do this alone. It's good to have someone to lift you up in person and keep you laughing.

Jack-K: Congratulations. You are doing so well. I started SB last August and have dropped 34 pounds. But I've only lost 4 since the beginning of April. Talk about slow. I know I've lost inches, but it is hard to stay motivated when the pounds are so slow to come off. I keep telling myself "It's a way of life."

Quilter Kim: I hope you got your sink fixed. We've had to flush out the drains from the outside of our house before. And once we had to have Roto-Rooter come, Yuck.

BOB: I'm sorry about your car troubles. We wonder what happened to honesty and integrety. It seems to be a problem at all levels. Too bad those people have forgotten the Golden Rule.

Monet: Hope you feel better.

Mercy: Congrats on your loss and your hubby's kind words. It makes you glow inside, doesn't it?

Gracious: Loved your MM. My faith has gotten me through so many hard times. Can't imagine what my life would be without it.

Crystle: We sure are having weird weather, aren't we. I just saw the sun for about 30 minutes but now the clouds are back and I hear thunder. Who ever heard of rain in July in Texas? I just hope the summer heat doesn't decide to show up when we have to go back to school. Keep up that exercising, you're doing much better than I!

Missy: I hope you hurry up and get better. You gotta feel good for those precious babies come August!

Heartmom: Just cute as a bug, that Boogie is! Such a happy face.

I must run now and peel some potatoes for DH's potato salad. He has to have it with the ribs I'm slow cooking in the oven. I'll have my sweet potato and squash my mom brought me.

Have a pleasant evening, Y'all!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:45 PM   #75  

Default WIW

I am happy to report that I am down 1 lb this week, for a total of 26 lbs lost since starting SB. I was 241 and am now at 215. See Deb, told you that Tranquil and I had been good this week.

Sadly, I am unable to respond to posts now. I spent two hours getting all caught up earlier today, and just as I was ready to submit, my puter froze on me. Anyway, I will have to try again later tonight when I have more time.

Hope everyone is having a good WIW.

Take care,
Wendy
Closed Thread