3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   In the "Good Old Summertime" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/174669-good-old-summertime.html)

Talitha 09-02-2009 05:50 PM

hey ladies. Forgot to post my weigh in last friday. It was 176 but I had a date night the night before and ate like a pig. The second round of AM BL starts on the 11th, so I'm hoping that I can get down to 160 in that 13 weeks. This next week is going to be busy with the kitchen construction and the holiday weekend. But once the 11th hits I intende to be more active here as I work on hitting 160 by christmas :)

I'm working on a new blog. Sooo many people are asking for recipes that I decided t o just start a blog so I can point them all to the same place.. My favorite titles are TheUrbanPioneer.com or WhatTalithaMakes.com Any opinions?

CountryMom4Him 09-03-2009 04:22 PM

Howdy

Good afternoon. I hope ya'll are having a good day. I've been lazy. :) Not a lot going on here in Texas.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Toni48 09-03-2009 05:37 PM

Same lazy day here in Missouri. Just got my shower. And didn't make my pot of soup I was going to. Can't believe the day is almost gone.

Talitha - How neat a blog with your recipes. You're doing so good with your weight. You deserved a little break.

Solly- I'm so sorry about your aunt. Hope you're getting better and better....

Crystle- Maybe tomorrow we'll perk up. LOL....

Have a good evening everyone. Hi to Ellen, and Juge.

Ellen 09-03-2009 10:46 PM

A quick post...

Talitha, I like what Talitha makes .com.

I have been sick...Tom has a cold and I think I am getting it. We all got it from my grand son. My other son in law was out of work two days with it too.

Tomorrow is our 33 anniversary. I don't FEEL that old..

Solly, I am sorry about your aunt. Its so hard to lose those older family members....

:wave:

Solly 09-04-2009 03:28 PM

Hi you lazy ladies, just kidding.

Nothing going on her major. Spent the night with my DD last night as the baby had a bad day, crying the whole day. I think she was frustrated. So I got about 3 hours sleep on top of being up late the 2 nights before with her. I hope to get to bed early tonight.

Talitha, I must have missed it, I assume you won the competition. Watch out, they will be gunning for you the next time. You have done great and I know you will reach your 160 goal by Dec. Good idea on the blog. I like was Talitha makes too.

Ellen, sorry you have a cold. Little ones just seem to pass it around don't they. Happy anniversary. We just had our 36th this year (it got swept under the rug with the baby stuff) but not only do I not feel that old, that just sounds like a long time with someone. More than half my life.

Toni, nothing wrong with having a lazy day. We all need them, especially at our age.

Crystle, enjoying your lazy day?? Have a great weekend.

Judge, :wave:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I sure need a day off. :hug:

CountryMom4Him 09-05-2009 04:45 PM

Howdy

This computer has been trying to drive me nuts *smile* This is my third one in the last two weeks. I really like HP and haven't had these kinds of troubles before. Praying it will behave this time. The house smells good I'm making chicken gumbo tonight. Mr. Rooster chased the wrong person..LOL You should have seen my crazy hiney running and screaming the other day as he chased me across the pasture all the way to the front door. My husband and son were laughing so hard I think you could have heard them in town. :)

Talitha...I really like the urbanpioneer....if I saw that I would stop and take a peek to see what it was all about.

Ellen...happy belated anniversary. ((hugzz))

Solly...I hope you got some much needed rest.

Tony...Hope you are having a super weekend.

I need to finish loading the kiddos school. ((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48 09-07-2009 05:50 PM

Hope your week end is going good. Ours has been so nice. Today I'm cooking a big pot of fresh green beans. We're going to grill steaks later, with mushrooms and onions, fresh green beans,and homegrown tomatoes All I've had to eat today is a fresh peach, rye toast and a tiny bowl of green beans. We also bottled up some plum wine we made. Lots done.

Ellen- Happy belated anniversery. That sucks to be sick on your special day. I hope you're resting well. And feel better.

Solly- How are you feeling? Between the shingles and that foot. Are you playing with that Grandbaby today?

Crystal-How'd the gumbo turn out? That sounds so good. Guess I've never had any chicken gumbo. But it sounds like I would like it.

Guess I'll go and get the mushrooms ready. Sorry for the misspelled words I can't get the spell check to work on this old computer of DH....

Ellen 09-07-2009 08:21 PM

Happy Labor Day, Ladies! Its been a bit of a food fest here. This morning we were invited to breakfast at our Jamaican's friends house. They made a traditional Jamaican breakfast...it was incredible...very different. Then we had a young single mom over for dinner with her three kids. She goes to our church and is going to join, so Tom was doing the membership interview for her. It was fun. Her two girls are sweet, and she has a year old adopted son from Ethiopia. He was abandoned, so had some problems with poor nutrition etc. until he was adopted a few months ago. I made a simple dinner, but we all ate too much. Now I feel stuffed and miserable. I had chicken in a teriyaki sauce, grilled, fried home grown okra, homegrown tomatoes, and rice.

I wanted to check in...will try and spend more time on here later...

CountryMom4Him 09-08-2009 12:28 AM

Good evening

I had a really good confession typed up but it got lost in cyber space. Does that mean I've been resolved of all my POOR eating over the last few days. :) There should be laws against buying sugar wafers.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

CountryMom4Him 09-08-2009 01:24 PM

Good afternoon

Howdy ya'll. I sure miss everybody. Hope all is well. Today is a good day so far. Eating was a bite here and a bite there when I was cooking and an iced coffee made with 2 percent milk. I was cooking fresh broccoli with onions, peppers, celery and brisket. The guys like broccoli for breakfast.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Solly 09-08-2009 03:12 PM

Hi ladies,

Crystle, I'm with you on the cyber confessions. I hope we are resolved of our eating sins. Mine were tremendous this weekend. Why or why can't we learn. Hope eating is going better for you today.

Spent most of the weekend with my grandson. Oh what a wonderful pleasure. I can hardly tear myself away from him. Went to a ballgame and just ususal stuff.

Did get up this morning and made it to the gym. Eating today has been good.

Ellen, sounds like the weekend was hard for all of us. Today is a new day. Hope you are feeling better.

Toni, sounds like your eating was the best of all of us. Keep up the good work.

Got to run, we have a bid due in just a few minutes. :wave:

Toni48 09-08-2009 05:37 PM

BAck from the beauty shop with a new permanet. I'm curley now. And so much better. Ran in the house starving because I only had a piece of sausage and a piece of rye toast for breakfast. So I made me a sandwich of turkey and mustard on whole wheat toast. Now I've had enough bread for the day. I've got to get some exercise in. My poor treadmill is so covered up in the backroom its almost overwhelming to get it out. But I've got to.

Ellen- Oh boy fried okra. I love it and haven't had it in years. How much fun the breakfast must have been. Sounds like you're busy. Hope you've got over feeling bad.

Crystle-Hope you eating is better today. Isn't it just so darn hard!! I can't seem to get on an even keel with the eating.

Solly- Well I can tell you're spoiling that little one.... Are Grandbabies the best. Its like the icing on the cake.

Time to run going to have to start dinner soon. We're having tacos tonight.

Solly 09-09-2009 02:09 PM

Hey me, 2 days in a row to the gym :cheer: Today I rode the bike for 30 minutes. It wasn't easy with this boot on my foot, but I did it. My chest and arms are sore so I opted for some cardio. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do weights again. Eating is good. I had too many snacks yesterday, but they were all legal and I was starving. Today is a little more in line.

Toni, aka curly top, Glad you are liking your new perm. That is something I have avoided since my youth. I have a dab of curl in the left side of my hair, but perms seem to kink up on me. Start digging on the :tread: You will be glad you did.

Ellen, Crystle, everyone else - hope you are having a great day :wave:

Off to do some work here. Talk to you tomorrow.

CountryMom4Him 09-09-2009 03:22 PM

Howdeeeee

Good afternoon. Eating has been fairly well the last two days. Lunch wasn't SB legal but it was not that many calories and what I wanted. Potato salad with diet mayo and pickled beets. The beets turned it a funny pink color but they taste good in it. Breakfast was just an ice coffee. :) Dinner will probably be brisket, okra and pinto beans. I wouldn't be having beans again so soon but I cleaned out the freezer and a pack tore open so I figured why not..LOL

Solly..WTG on the exercise. That is the one main thing I'm missing these days. It is so nice to hear how much you are getting to visit your grand baby.

Toni..I bet your hair looks so cute. I LOVE curls but I quit getting perms about 5 years ago. Sometimes I'm tempted then I remember how hard it is to pick out my hair. One time when I went to get it cut it had gotten long and my daughter had to pick it out for the lady halfway so she could just cut the bottom off. I used to dye also. Boy do I miss that as the gray is coming in thicker everyday. :)

Ellen...hope all is well with you and yours.

Talitha...you smearing all your competition? How is the blog coming?

Guess I'd better finish playing onlne so I can get back to my crochet. Talk about ugly..LOL I'm using doubled up remnants of thread to make a really heavy throw or rug depending on how many scraps there are. I'm teaching the kids that functionality isn't based on beauty but strength and design.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48 09-09-2009 05:17 PM

What a wonderful day in the woods. It rained a soft and nice rain today. And now the sun is out and I was watching a squirrel play and gather acorns in the big oak tree outside. I had a perfect view from the front door window. Eating has been good today. Oatmeal for my 12:00 breakfast. (remember hubby works nights) and then for a snack I had a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. I'll have a nice salad later and maybe some barbecued pork.

Solly- You're such an inspiration, exerciseing with that boot on your foot. Thats amazing. Keep up the good work. Eating sounds good too. You're on your way to a good week. Yes you're right about the treadmill. Maybe when Steve goes to work tomorrow I can start on it.

Crystle- You're like me "love those beans" and they're so good for you. I finally let my hair go gray. So I'm one of the silver heads. LOL Wish I could make a rug. Thats way to cool you doing that.

Well off I go to investigate the boards here.