Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When was the late time you ate food from a fast food joint? (burger/pizza/sub, etc)
This past week 11 32.35%
Within the last 2 weeks 7 20.59%
Within the last month 6 17.65%
Within the last 2-3 months 3 8.82%
Within the last 4-6 months 3 8.82%
More than 6 months ago, but less than a year 2 5.88%
More than a year ago 1 2.94%
More than 2+ years ago 1 2.94%
Never have! 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 07:21 AM   #91  
"I'm working on it!"

Thumbs down Good Morning Everyone!

I'm here for my weekly checkin.

I was really upset with myself last week I only got in 2 days of exercise and my eating was BAD!! The scale showed all my poor choices over the past couple of weeks and shot up to 170 I haven't seen that number in a LOOOONNNG time. Seeing that number made me get my rear in gear---literally! I decided NOT to beat myself up over my indiscretions and lack of exercise. I decided it was a learning experience and to just carry on.

I got back on track on Monday and so far have eaten 100% OP 2 days and about 95% for 1 day. I've exercised every day too. Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of myself I've been really craving chocolate, but have resisted buying any (I don't have any in the house). I'm taking things one food choice at a time. I'm even drinking more water! And the scale rewarded me this morning by saying 168!

I've only skimmed the posts, so I'll apologize now for not replying to everyone. I do think of you all!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO FROG and SHEANN Hope you both had a wonderful day!

WELCOME to all the newcomers! This is a wonderfully supportive place to be.

CONGRATS to all the "losers" this week!

(((((HUGS))))) to those who didn't do so well. Just take it one bite at a time and try not to get down on yourself. We all make mistakes--but we learn from our mistakes.

SOL--Congrats on the home purchase! I hated looking for a home. Once our offer was accepted, I was less stressed. I hope that's the way it goes for you too!

MONET--looking forward to seeing pics of the wedding. Now you have time to make time for you.

FRUIT (I think it was fruit)--Sorry to hear you started bleeding after the splints came out. I hope you're feeling better soon. Do as doc says so that you'll feel better ASAP

I know there was more I wanted to say to others, but without my morning coffee, my short term memory is not working.

Have a great day all! Try to make every bite a legal one!

Old 06-13-2002, 08:09 AM   #92  

Default Thursday

I feel like I am running around with my head cut off! This week is going to just about kill me. Every night we have something going on with the work on the house during the day and 5 kids to boot! Tonight we have a graduation dinner and I ordered ahead for steak and salad so as not to be tempted while there.

Congratulations to all the losers, some of you are doing awesome!

MERCY- Welcome to SugarBusters and to the board. I had to smile when I saw your name...we can be grace and mercy!

Thanks to everyone for their congratulations on my daughter. It certainly is wonderful to see your children achieve such things.

MONET- You are quite right, starting FLYLady now that your house has gone through the *enema* is a great way to keep it clean. It just makes you feel better when things are in order, doesn't it? There is my anal retentive personality talking!

DEBELLI- I liked that ONE POUND thing...it is so true. Thanks.

FROG & SHEANN- Happy Birthday to you both.

KIMMYTHEKID- I still have an APB out on you!

Gotta go separate the kidlettes...it is starting early today
Old 06-13-2002, 08:13 AM   #93  

Angry

Good Morning....
Just a quick note to all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Frog and Sheann Birthday Hugs to you. Hope you had a great day.!!!

I didn't get to post yesterday and really didn't want to. I was afraid to get on the scale. I ate way to much b-day cake over the weekend and gain too much weight. I have been trying to stay op though starting Monday and today I am down a couple of lbs. I eat to much on the weekends. I have to figure out how to break that part of my habit.

Ed and I are going bike riding this weekend. Hoping that will help.

I want to tell you al that I truely enjoy belonging to this board. It doesn't seem like I am posting that much and lot of you probably don't know me but I do get to lurk from work and enjoy the conversation. Don't forget me. I am always around. Trust that everyone has a great day.

Talk to you all soon.

Cyndi
168/161/135
Old 06-13-2002, 08:35 AM   #94  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Busy, busy, busy…..

MUSIC - I wish we were closer, too! Not just because it would be nice to have an inspector we knew we could trust! Congrats on resisting the illegal goodies and sticking to plan! It definitely pays off.

SERENE - I used to get that pain in my side all the time. Now it only happens occasionally. I do some side bends while I'm walking also and that helps a little. It seems to go away if I keep on working through the pain. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that happens to.

ADRONSGIRL - WTG!!! OMG! You've lost so much weight! That's awesome!!!

MARIE - If you find out how we can lose weight eating that much please let me know!! Once again we're stalled together. At least we know we're eating right and healthy, right? I figure if I keep saying that eventually I'll believe it and quit wanting the scale to go down so bad.

SEF - Those new glasses are wonderful, aren't they?? I finally got prescription sunglasses. Everyone on the roads should thank me for getting off my lazy duff and ordering them. Now I can see where I'm going.

DEBBIE - I LOVE shaving cream fights….of course, you have to follow them up with water gun or water hose fights! The house has a slightly different layout and the bedrooms don't seem as large, but it is a very nice house…..and it has a FRONT DOOR! They had more furniture in the living and dining rooms so it may seem bigger when we get our furniture in there. The sq.ft. is bigger by about 100 sq.ft., but I don't know where that is. You'll just have to come see it for yourself!

MERCY - WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! You'll find all the support and camaraderie anyone could wish for here in our little corner of 3 Fat Chicks.

TONI - Thanks! I'll check out that website. I could certainly use some more organizing tips!

BOB - We can't wait for you to come back to our neck of the woods! ONE puppy. Sorry, I must have mis-typed something. We go visit all 4 puppies every week-end, but we're only bringing the little feller home. His 3 sisters are going to have to go to other good homes. Now……in a year or so we may get him another playmate. Meister is partial to Char Pei's so……. We just got through watching MEMENTO. Have you seen that one? Reminds me sort of of Blue Velvet. Have you seen COOKIES FORTUNE yet?? You're gonna love that one!! Especially the t-shirt COOKIE wears in the first half of the movie.

QUILTER - I don't get on the puter at all in the evenings. Meister does his Snipers Online stuff in the evenings and then we spend time together. I get here early to work and can get some posts done or at least read and then quickly at lunch. Sometimes it's just lunch or a few minutes before I leave for home. Whatever works for you! You don't have to type a bazillion lines to each of us, either. Just a few to let us know how you're doing is fine, ya know? 'Course, I know you're like me and want to say something to everyone….I can just imagine the first time we get to meet in person….we'll have to schedule it for a WHOLE week so we have plenty of time to talk!

ZANNE - It's getting better now that we have the house and the contract in the works. Vince seems to actually be getting excited now that he's realized we won't have to scour the ads and the neighborhoods going to look at houses anymore. My exercising hasn't been so good since we started looking. It's too easy to get out of the habit and sooo hard to get back into it, isn't it?

RED - We NEVER forget people!! You keep lurking and doing what you can…..just make sure you stay on plan or the Dungeon Mistress may show up at your door!! There are some people who may be lurking with you……

RHOO, AMSERAPHIM, GATORGAL, VIV, NASCARGIRL, SPARKLESCAMP, ZSUZSU, BEACHFAN, LAMAP……….. Come on, gals! BOB's out and about in the wagon!!

Have a GREAT day!!!
Old 06-13-2002, 08:49 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thursday All!

Hope everyone is doing great today. Another day, another chance to stay 100% OP. We can do it, Yes we can. (just keep repeating this all day).

Deb, loved your message about the 1 lb. It is so true. Those 1 lbs. add up quickly, but don't decrease quickly.

Going to be busy here today. Going out to lunch with a friend. Yes it will be legal. Either Taco Bell, (salad no shell) or a deli. Then this afternoon I have a meeting that will last about 2 hours. So I may not get back on so don't post a lot. LOL

Fruite, How are you today? Better I hope.

Sef, Wow, sounds like you got some bargains. It's amazing what glasses can do for you. Hope they help. Glad DS is doing better.

Deb, I used to go to jazzercise classes. I really like it. Good cardio. Years later I tried Shapenastics. Same as jazzercise, but they did step aerobics. Jazzercise may too now. It's been years. I quit when I got hit with RA.

Mercy, Welcoem to this group. It's great. I have made so many new friends. I also lost 8 pounds my first week. I know it was only water, but it was 8 pounds less on the scale. I think that is what motivated to keep going. I think this is a great WOE. Good luck. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Toni, yes we are doing it. We are only 1 pound apart. I too have a lot of flab. In fact it is driving me crazy. I'm beginning to obsess about it.

Bob, You are a hoot. I don't think we could survive with you and Nancy in the room. We would laugh ourselves to death. What is the pic of?

Quilter, You are on the right track, back OP. Hope you stay there. Yes I think this is a peaceful WOL. If we want to lose and maintain, we have to do something that will be easy for the rest of our lives and SB is it. Good luck.

Beth, seems like you have had more than your share of broken things and money troubles. I agree about the tags. Here in KY we have VET testing $11.00, All they do is stick something in your exhaust pipe. That is a rip-off! Glad you are buckled in tight.

Jbug, Just make that committment to do it. Stay 100% OP for 1 week. You can do it and you will be so thrilled with the loss and how good you feel.

Serene, Congrats on the 3 pound loss and also onthe 21.5 total loss. That is great. Don't you feel so much better. Keep on going.

Zanne, Congrats for getting yourself back in gear. You're right, one meal at a time. Plan and prepare. That's my motto. Exercising really does help. Plus it makes you feel better. Good luck.

Gracious, What a good idea calling ahead for your dinner. That's what I call good planning. It sure makes this WOE a lot easier.

Red1, We won't forget you and we lookf orward to your posts. Just post when you can. Glad you got right back on that wagon. Start again.

Solshine, Prescription sunglasses are great, now if they would only make something so I can see to driave at night. Watch out. LOL. You will have a ball decorating your new house. We moved 3 years ago and I'm still not finished.

Have a great day.

Jackie
257/186/145
10-10-01
Old 06-13-2002, 09:03 AM   #96  

Default Happy Thursday

Well, I cannot post to everyone because of work and leaving to pick up DS. I will be off line for several days as there won't be any online computers where I am headed.

I cannot even respond like I want to to everyone's posts....

I do remember one thing, Deb's question, what am I doing different:

I stopped eating Triscuits and cheese and replaced the snack with grapes, a pear, an orange, or even a small salad......

I took away the fatty meats and replaced them with lean meat, or vegetarian meals - adding more vegetables to my meals.....

I exercise every day - I do weight training 3 times a week for 60 minute sessions (dripping sweat, heart pumping sessions) and I walk no less than 5 nights a week, and each walk I try to add a little more distance, and a little more speed.....

But, most of all, I have had wonderful support. I have this wonderful group, my grandmother, my best friend, and the people around me every day who say You Go Girl!!!!

I think the one thing that hits home the most, is my son. Zach has been telling people how his mother is doing SBers and exercising every day and is getting so thin. He talks to people about how proud he is of his mother. He talks about how healthy he is getting as well.... and he is the most important thing in my life - my pride and joy - my little boy, and his opinion, his reaction, his comfort is what really counts too.

I have a long way to go before being a healthy and fit woman. But, I know there is an end to this rainbow, and the pot of gold is my health and happiness!

So - I hope everyone has a wonderful OP week, weekend, and that I will miss you all while I am on my travels!

Sabrina
272/250!!!!!!/157
Old 06-13-2002, 09:52 AM   #97  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Morning Ladies.....I'm happy to report that I am down 1.5 pounds, so since yesterday, down 2.5.....I knew something was up becausing I was a frequent flyer in the restroom...all that water retention coming off! I'm at 237.5...only 5 pounds away from where I was, so mentally I'm feeling MUCH better.

Sef I forgot to post it, but I love your new color...much easier to enjoy your posts! I know exactly what you are talking about in regards to gettng into a "warm" swimming pool, not very refreshing, but still feels good to get wet! Your chicken sounded good...I'll have to try that as I'm always looking for new ways to cook the bird!

Deb Thanks for not putting me into the Dungeon! I'm feeling better each day. I keep thinking what you said about how much happier I am when I do the right thing...and that is worth alot!

Tranquil You go girlfriend! WOW!!! You have it going on!
You are such an inspiration. Where are you going on your trip?...Must have skimmed the posts too quickly one day

Quilter and SolshineGlad to see the two of you BACK ON THE BOARD!!!!! Missed you two alot!

Mercy Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start.
WAY TO GO!!! Great support here...for weight loss, and much, much more!

Well, I just got an e.mail from my sister Barbara that she is going to FERNDALE with her girlfriends for the weekend for the Scandanavian Festival!!! I told her to take tons of pictures, find me a pen pal and collect all information she can get her mits on!

Gonna sign off...will check in later! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-13-2002, 10:41 AM   #98  

good morning everyone, getting ready to go grocery shopping. Made out a menu for the week yesterday so it will be a little easier on myself this week. It rained all night. Our world here is beautiful and lush green. Wild flowers are everywhere. I picked a small bouquet of black eyed susans while going up the road the other day. They look so pretty on my table. Now if the humity would just go away......

The Quilter- Sounds like you're on the way to getting back OP and to me you're doing it just right. One meal at a time.. It has to be hard when you work outside the home to stay OP. But I guess sometimes its hard being where the fridge is all day...

Bob- A big howdy to you. Hope you're feeling better...

Sef- Oh I hope chickory syrup is a sub for Agave. I can't believe just as I finally got some its off the market.. Wonder whats going on with it.. Your chicken dish sounds good..

Beth- Sorry the bird of paradise went over your house. It just seems like sometimes ya get blasted from all sides. I hope it all works out all right...

jbug I think when you're not doing well is a great time to post. Then everyone can help support you... So here goes gal you can do it, climb on the horse and JUST DO IT!!!

Serene- Congrads on your 3 lb. loss girl. WAY TO GO.....

Gracious- Hope it settles down for you soon... OOO eee.

red1- Just step on that ole metal monster and get it over with.

Solshine- Hope you have a great day. Sounds like you're busy busy...

Jack-K- Yep we stay about the same in our weight. Hope you have a good day.. Do you order the salad without the shell at taco bell?

Tranquil- I loved your post... It was so inspirational... I love to hear how other people do SB...

Nancemeitster- Congrads. on the loss and getting back OP. You truley just really gave an example of how it really is. You can get so down and then come back swinging.. Your post was great!!

Well have to hurry and go do my shopping.. I'm running a bit late now. Have a great day....

213/185/130
Old 06-13-2002, 01:25 PM   #99  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Talking Cheese!!!

Took a new picture yesterday My Nana requested that I email her a recent pic since she hasn't seen me since I started losing weight!!! So, I sat right down and snapped one on the spot.
Hope I can get it to post... it's not too bad of a picture. At the time I took it, I had been awake almost 30 hours straight, so I'm looking a little dazed and confused. But then again, I look like that most of the time
Old 06-13-2002, 02:05 PM   #100  
Wannabe skinny babe

Default *waving hello*

Hey everyone!

This week and next will be crazy for me here at work... we're releasing a new section of our web site at the end of the month, so we're in full-blown testing and such for the next two weeks. Ugh!

I'll keep reading when I get a chance, but don't know how much I'll be able to post until this dies down.

WIW was okay - still at/around 180-181. Doing the Weight Watchers points thing to try and make sure I'm eating enough (it's easier for me than counting calories). As long as I hit my "points" for the day, I've at least eaten the minimum. Hopefully that will trigger a loss!

I'm joining Curves for Women next week, along with a co-worker. We've pledged to go three times a week. Yay! I also purchased the 1-mile Walk Away the Pounds tape to do in the morning before climbing on the elliptical.

We've been in contact with my friend who does real estate mortgages... she's looking over our finances and credit to see if we can qualify. Wish us luck! *fingers crossed*

Tie me to that wagon - I'll need it with the stress at work! I brought in 1-1/2 lbs. of cherries to munch... better than reaching for candy or chips! Besides, that way I can share them with co-workers.

(Hugs) to all. Sorry I didn't respond to everyone!

Jenn
Old 06-13-2002, 03:14 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I managed to get out this morning for a walk. That makes a grand total of 2 times. I want to be able to go Mon-Fri and really try to go on Sat. Anyway, today my appetite has been ravenous! I am just so hungry. I already have ate way too many starchy carbs and then I was still hungry after lunch, so the only thing I could find was some oranges. I ate them right after eating some turkey Well, at least it was better than the Doritos I was fixing to grab. It is the day before grocery day, so we are out of most things. I am trying the deli chicken in a crockpot(by Jenn) for supper. It's only been on for an hour and already smells good I will probably make brussel sprouts w/light velveeta cheese and squash to go along with it.
Old 06-13-2002, 03:18 PM   #102  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

Well, I finished all those french knots, I am about knotted out. All I have to now is sign it, clean it and frame it. Then I want to start an appropriate one for the HFH Bird House Auction. It is cute, with a duck swimming in a tub, bees flying around a hive, chickens climbing into a coop, etc. All "homes". That will keep me out of trouble for a while!

Today was current events at the NH. The big news locally is a 2 y/o that was left alone in the yard for a few minutes by her parents. She toddled off. This was about 6p at 4a they found her body in a lake about 450' from her house. You can bet this generated a lot of discussion about parental care, etc. Those poor parents will have to live with that the rest of their lives. I'm sure they will be extra watchful of their 6 y/o and 2 mo.old.

I love the discussions that get started. These people have a wide range of opinions. Many times I play devil's advocate just to keep them going! Near the end of the group time we will do Dear Abby, that is always interesting. There is one lady that every week tells me she's never been with us before, yet when it comes to sensible advice she can cut to the chase with great insight. She must have been a good arbitrator in her day!

Tonight is the HFH Board meeting. I have everything in order. So am ready to go!

BETH - Love your expression about looking up! You certainly seem to have your plate full. No A/C!?! YIKES!!!! With this humidity it must be terrible! Here the DMV charges you 10.00 to have you turn on your lights, toot your horn, and blink your blinkers, then they charge for plate. VaVAVoom on piture!!

ZANNE - Isn't it great what a little fear can do. I am so afraid of going back up.

Will check in later if I'm able.

Shirley
Old 06-13-2002, 03:41 PM   #103  

Default Quick Thursday report

Just wanted to check in to let you all know that I made it through yesterday 100% OP. Yeehaw! Feels good. And this morning I got up little earlier and did my a.m. yoga. Gosh, I'm going to be so "at peace" today, I won't know what to do. Thanks for all the support. I love reading all your messages.

Just a couple of quick responses:
SOL---I laughed when you talked about us meeting and scheduling extra time. We will both probably spontaneously combust from talking so much! Keep telling us more about your house. Are you going to do any painting. When I moved in here years ago, I painted everything white. Now I am bridging out and trying some really great colors.

JACK-K---You are so right about needing a WOE that we can do forever. I wish I would just keep in mind how sugar is so poisonous. I certainly wouldn’t chug drain opener. So why am I so eager to down sugar? (Okay, maybe this is a bad comparison! LOL)

NANCE---Thanks for the welcome back. Believe me, I felt a void in my life when I was away from you all. I hope you are doing well. Each time I successfuly make it through a meal or a snack session, I think about you and the others who have struggled and send a good thought your way. It's helping to keep me honest and on the path.

Take care everybody else. I'm presenting tonight at our genealogy group. So I don't think I'll be back on today.

Kim
Old 06-13-2002, 04:39 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Checking in quickly,

Just thought of what happened last nite, though you all might get a kick out of it. Me & my 2 DD went shopping for father's day and on the way home we stopped for ice cream. I got sf of course and they didn't (of course). We were driving home and my youngest offered me a bite of her chocolate. I shook my head and my oldest screamed, don't give that to her she might go into sugar shock and wreck and kill us all. She always says that since I've had no added sugar since Oct.

Have to go to the funeral home tonite, yuk Friend's gp. Then go make fruit baskets for our church picnic this weekend. Fun time. LOL

Tranquil, What a sweet message. It brought tears to my eyes. It is wonderful to have all that support and help. it sure makes this a lot easier. Have a nice time picking up your son. Hurry back on board, we will miss you. Have a safe trip.

Nance, I knew the old Nance wouldn't be gone long. Glad to hear the scale is moving inthe right direction. Keep up the good work. You can do it. I believe in you.

TOni, Boy between you and Tranquil, what an upbeat message. You all really put me in a good mood. WTG on planning your meals for the week. I try to do that to, but something always go wrong. I order the taco salad with the shell, just don't eat it.

Beth, you are so pretty. You surely don't look like to you need to lose any more weight. Im' jealous. ANd young too. Your Nana is going to love it.

JEnn, Don't worry about posting. Just keep reading. It will help keep you on track. Good luck on the mortgage qualifying. Sounds like the curves for women will be fun. Glad you have someone to join with. It helps.

Heartmom, WTG on your walking. Sometimes its those crazy hormones that make us ravenous. Your dinner sound delish.

Sef, One good thing about keeping your hands busy is you can't eat. The elderly always amaze me with their insight. They can be far away most of the time but really opinated. I bet you get some good stories in the dear abbey portion. SOme of the stories I hear from ny Niece who works at a NH make me blush. LOL.

Quilter, WTG, 2days OP and exercising too. I love it when I get everything done and I don't have to worry about fitting it in. Today I still have to work out with wts and walk. I'll be until midnight getting it all done.

Have a great evening everyone.

Jackie
Old 06-13-2002, 05:29 PM   #105  

Hi Everyone

This is just a quickie as I just got in from work and have to be out again by 6.30. Was kept busy at work to-day, didn't have time even to read any posts.

Toni48 - That's a good feeling when the clothes start to feel big. Sometimes the inches disappear before the pounds.

HeartMom - Hope Boogie is better. It's so hard to stay op during such stressful times. Hope you can climb back on the wagon.

Deb - I did Fitday for several weeks, just stopped again a couple of weeks ago. I will try it again but may have to wait until next week as I have a few busy days ahead working and other stuff. I liked the falafels, they were fine without the bread. I liked the idea of baking them as they absorb such a lot of fat when fried. I think next time though I will cut down on the bulgur. I used the one cup of bulgur as the recipe said but this turned out to be three cups after soaking. That seems a heck of a lot to me for 1 cup of peas. That's why I added the whole can of peas. Next time I will try it with one third cup of bulgur which should give me 1 cup after soaking. I don't usually bother with the tape measure - I just go by how my clothes feel. This morning I was up to 201 compared to 198 a couple of days ago (that's aon the new scale which is about 5 pounds heavier than my old scale) and yet my pants felt a little loser than usual.. Go figure. Who knows maybe I am getting some muscle.

Sorry I can't respond to everyone but thinking of you all.

Bye for now.

Marie.
Closed Thread