Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

It's time to go home, be back in the morning.

Jackie
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #17  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 225/220/170

Height: 5 ft 6 inches

Default Happy Tuesday

Hi to all,

I have been reading posts for the last week or so, but have been quiet.

I am doing pretty well with my eating, up and downs. My weight is still down, but wish I could have 2 days in a row on track.

Has any read the book "Potatoes for Prozac'/ It is about getting sugar free. It has steps to follow and work on slowly to get sugar free and healthy.

Crystle: It will be great when PA has weather in the 70's. We are to get up in the 40's for the week end. When I was out for a walk it was great to feel weather in the 20's being comfortable. No bad wind or -minus chill factor. Glad you are doing well.

Tech: Aren't boys a delight. They are soo sweet, and can smooze their Moms. Glad you are doing better and that your children are enjoying church. Chur, families can be a blessing, and growing in grace is a blessing.

Meowee: Hope you are feeling better. It has been colder here, but our days have been sunny, which is a blessing. Just think, we are closer to April than we were in November

Toni: Glad you have been making progress with your exercise. Don't feel bad about your lazy day. I took today off with all these thoughts of projects I could get done. Well I was lazy all day, did do some wash. I fell asleep on my bed with the blinds open and the sunshine pouring in. It felt so good, I sleep 2 hours. I had friends for dinner Saturday, and Burgit saw my Total Gym. She has osterarthritis and wants to get a machine at her home to exercise her whole body. Said she would be glad to buy it since I wasn't using it Well I should get on the ball and use it...I would feel so much better.

Talathia: Hope your family is adjusting to Eden arrival and that you are getting stronger.

WELCOME NATALEA this is a great group,

Hi to Ellen. Solly, Mary and Bob

Check in later, have a great Evening

She
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

I'm so excited. I made my first whole wheat pasta today and it was delicious. I think with a pasta machine to help make it thinner I'll be making it more often. Rolling it out took a bit of elbow grease..LOL Both my boys liked it so now it just has to pass the hubby test. A friend is gonna come over tomorrow and get me off my hiney. It is so much easier to walk with a friend. We can talk talk talk and the walk is over before we know it.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #19  

Sorry I have been MIA again. My daughter went to the hospital yesterday to be induced. The baby was born this afternoon at 1:45...8 lb 3 oz, two weeks early! (daughter's bp was high...they were worried) I went up there and got there about an hour after she was born. My SIL's mom and step dad were there too, so we all went in at the same time. What a beautiful baby! Well, to me anyway. She has a full head of black hair like my babies had, and is red as a little beet! We were going to go back up tonight, but decided to wait until tomorrow. My daughter was SO tired.

So, I am a Grammie again! I am excited.

Eating today was not worth repeating.

COUNTRY: I know exactly what you mean about walking with a friend! I went for a walk last Friday with an old friend I had not seen for years until we reconnected on Facebook. We went twice as far as I normally do...yakking and yakking the whole time. It was great! Except for the COLD. I hope it starts to warm up around here soon.

Good night everyone!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #20  

Not much going on here. Did walk on my treadmill this afternoon. Congradulations Ellen on the new Grandbaby..... Hope you show us a picture soon.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #21  

Where is everyone today??????
Old 02-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #22  
Addicted to potato salad!

I'm beat. Last night, we went to the hospital ER for Shelley at around 8pm because she was having such severe anxiety issues. She was in the recliner reading and I could hear her breathing all the way across the room! And she had tingling in her hands to her elbows, tingling in her face, shortness of breath, seeing spots and her mouth was being pushed into an O shape. I was scared for her, so I took her to ER where they gave her some Xanax and it made her feel better. In about 20 minutes, her face was relaxed and she was breathing normal and she was back to her normal sweet self.

We didn't get home until 1:30am. I'm totally bushed. They gave her a prescription for the xanax and we just got home from that. We went out to dinner while we waited for the prescription...I had chicken scampi over rice and I'm stuffed and feeling a little gassy from the garlic. Good thing Derek's in Buffalo!

The kids were home from school today after being out so late last night and I think we'll all be turning in early tonight. I know I could go up right now.

Anyhow...I have to go sit down. TTFN!!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #23  

Default Hey ya'll

Good evening. Tech, I am so sorry to hear your daughter is having anxiety. I suffered with it when I was younger also. It is a very lonely place. ((hugzz)) I'm praying that she will find her triggers before she is an adult and will be freed from the attacks.

Toni..WTG walking. I did not...bad me. I've just been both busy and lazy.

Ellen...CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to see pictures.

Solly...I hope you are warm and with power still.

Candoit..I've been struggling with getting in two in a row myself. I'm hoping the warm weather will keep me busy and out of the kitchen.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 02-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #24  

Oh boy I got my walk on the treadmill in. That makes 3 days this week. Hope I get one more. I'm hateing it but making myself do it whether I eat good or not. I just need to move. Having me a big cup of hot tea right now. I love one in the evening.

Tech- I'm so sorry about Shelley. What an awful thing to happen to one so young. You're a good Mom.....

Crystle- I know the part well about being lazy. I need to walk earlier cause I barely made it tonight. I was trying hard to think of an excuse not to.

Well ladies almost time to heat my leftovers for our dinner. I'll go and finish my tea....
Old 02-05-2009, 12:29 AM   #25  

Crystle - I lost you whole wheat pie crust recipe could you by chance post it? Thank you Toni
Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #26  

Good morning ladies. I have to get on here first thing or forget it. My days get crazier and crazier.

We are celebrating today. It is my 5 year anniversary fro being cancer free! I am excited but also a little scared. It is something you never get over I guess.

Ellen, congrats on your new grandbaby. Can't wait to see pics. I think that is a great reason to have bad eating. I am so jealous.

Toni, good for you 3 days on the I am so proud of you. We have been having a cup of apple cinnamon tea in the evenings also and it is so relaxing.

Tech, how scarry for youa nd your DD. Plus your DH was not at home to help out. I would have been out of my mind. I didn't realize anxiety can do all of that. I hope the Xanax works for her.

Crystle, funny how we find so many things to do but exercise. That is why I have been doing it in the morning. It is not an option, I just know I have to do it. Walking with a friend is so much better. You are right, time just flies.

Candiot, You can do this. Just make up your mind to have a OP day. Ask yourself before you make a bad choice, just what do you really want. Food or to lose weight. I always try to think of the number on the scale when I am tempted. That is enough to scare me into eating right. Not always, but I try. Good luck.

Got to get started, they are already hounding me wanting this and that. Have a great day.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #27  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there gang . . .

Don't think it ever plans to stop snowing around here. If anybody needs some, let me know and I'ss see if I can figure out how to package it up and get it to you.

Nothing much else is new around here . . . have to take a couple of critters to the Vet for booster shots at noon . . . hope we can find the place under all the white stuff.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #28  

Default Howdy

Good evening everybody. It was a beautiful day today. You would think I'd be motivated to just walk walk walk but I wasn't. I did however get out and stroll for about 20 minutes.

I also tried a couple new recipes today. This morning I diced some sweet potatoes and sautéed them in olive oil with Cayenne pepper and agave syrup. For dinner I sautéed some shredded cabbage in beet juice. I really like how it turned it pink.

Solly...I can't believe it's been five years already. Praise God for your good report and all that he has brought you through.

Toni...I don't have a whole wheat pie shell recipe but if I find a good one I'll share it.

Meowee...sorry you are still stuck in the snow. When does spring come to your neck of the woods?

Ellen...are you having a blast with the new grand baby?

Talitha, Bob, Tech, Mary, Sue ((hugzz))

A nice warm soak is calling my name.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 02-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #29  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

The sun has deciuded to sparkle on the ice that is coating the top of all this snow -- very pretty. Hopefully this will just be a nasty memory by mid-April or early May.

Nothing much new around here -- first thing this morning I thought it was Saturday -- guess I'm trying to make the Winter hurry along a bit.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #30  

Good morning ladies,

I could hardly drag my lazy arse out of bed this morning. I finally made it up at 5:20 and got dressed for the gym. I would have stayed inthe nice warm bed except that I knew I had to get up and see my DD off for Colorado anyway so I might as well go on. I did and of course I was glad I did. So I made it all 5 days this week. My trainer kicked butt last night. After not seeing him for 2 weeks (power was out all week at the gym), it was hard. Amazing how fast you lose your level of wt you can do just after such a short time. I guess I should learn not to let myself miss and get back there.

DH has already made plans for us to go to some walking track or park tomorrow since it is supposed to be in the high 50's here. Thank goodness.

We are going to the Toby Keith concert tonight. DH is a huge fan so I gave him tickets for an early Valentines. Nothiing else planned for the weekend except cleaning and grocery shopping.

Meowee, you just keep all that white stuff. I hope to never see any more.

Crystle, 20 minutes is better than none. You will get back into it. Call your firend and make a set date. That will force you to go. Those sweet potatoes sound so good. I may try that. Not big on beets myself. And yes, I do thank God every day for all my many blessings.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Talk to you Monday.
Closed Thread