Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: ARE YOU ABLE TO KEEP YOUR "STARCHY CARBS" TO THE SUGGESTED 2-3 A DAY?
ALWAYS 5 12.50%
MOST OF THE TIME 19 47.50%
SOMETIMES 11 27.50%
RARELY 2 5.00%
NEVER 1 2.50%
WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 01:52 PM   #76  

Hi Again!

I decided to post recipes early since tomorrow will be a very busy day. While I was posting, I added a breakfast oatmeal recipe that is very yummy and easy to make.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:53 PM   #77  
Goddess

Default Hey

I'm trying out my new avatar. Miss Belle is a black cat with yellow eyes--so she is staring at you!

At the bottom of this page I'm going to try to upload a picture of a cat that looks just like Miss Belle.

Susan
Old 03-20-2002, 05:06 PM   #78  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Miserable Wednesday :(

Well, Beth is still scale-less, so I don't know if it's moving. TOM left town yesterday, so it should have moved in the right direction... except for that ENTIRE BAG OF SF CANDY I ATE YESTERDAY. WTHECK is wrong with me??? I had a sweet craving, and started on some SF Russell Stover Truffles, and before I knew it, that little baggy was empty. Thank goodness it was a small bag. I'm paying for it in the potty today for sure.

I STILL HAVE @(#$*&@(#*%^@(#*&$PINKEYE . I have no idea what is going on here, I've been wearing my glasses (which does NOTHING for my self image, let me tell you!!) and putting in my drops, and I just can NOT get rid of this crap. I have an appt at the eye doc Friday, because my regular doc has tried 2 anitbiotic eye drops, and an oral one too... NADA. Sheesh, can you tell I'm ticked?

Well, the football star has moved into our house... come to find out he's allergic to CATS and my m-i-l has SIX of them!! He didn't want to hurt her feelings, so he wasn't gonna say anything... but his MOM did and now he's here!!

ANyway.. hope WIW is kind to all
Old 03-20-2002, 06:13 PM   #79  

Since last we spoke, my world has been shaken just slightly, but enough to remind me that not only is life a bed of beautiful roses, but occasionally there are thorns!

Michael, my 3 year old, became quite ill over the weekend and fortunatley is pulling out of yet another viral/bacterial battle. His fevers were very high and I thought we were going to be in the hospital this time, but fortunatley after taking temps from every possible area and starting him on motrin, we got it down and manageable. Treating with antibiotics as a precautionary, dr. sure thought he had brohncitis and was real surprised when his x-rays came back normal. There is a really bad flu going around the valley it may be that, the anti-biotics is a precautionary due to the high fever and the fact that we only did this a few weeks ago. Meanwhile, I haven't stayed 100% and between the caffiene and too many carbs, not sleeping and stressing over my little one, my GERD/Gastritis has now got the best of me. I need to learn how to meditate! (Not to mention, stop drinking regular Starbucks and eating to many starches) Anyone have suggestions on how to start and please, I need more than sit in a room and try not to think. I'm really bad at that. Back at work, I'm on another payroll deadline, so catching up on everyone's goings on will not be an option

Down to 163.5 but I think it's just because the scale was nice today.

Have a good week all, I will try to get back on and see if anyone has any ideas for me....
Old 03-20-2002, 06:59 PM   #80  

ldblond-I am sorry to hear what you and your wee boy had to go through this weekend. However, I am very glad to hear he is on the mend. Hopefully, this round of meds will help him as he recovers and keeps him from becoming sick again so soon. Watching your child suffer is so hard. Especially since the little ones are not really able to understand why they feel so terrible ..that makes it much more wretched. All of us moms out here sympathize with you! I have a 3 year old boy as well and he is so precious. He is my youngest and that tugs at my heart too. I will hold you both up in prayer and trust that he is on the road to a full recovery.

I can't give you any advice regarding the Starbucks. No offence to Debelli but I think they make the most wretched coffee going! I used to have to put tons of sugar in if I ever *had* to have one. Now that I don't use sugar or sweetener in my coffee, I simply know it would kill me! Why not just try switching to decaf? Strabucks must make an equally harsh decaf
Old 03-20-2002, 07:32 PM   #81  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey ladies!

Well, WIW reflected my terrible eating this weekend. I was up a half a pound from last Wednesday - it could have been worse! So, I'm not too upset! I just know that I can't do that again!

MONET & THUNDER: Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

DEB: Don't know what I'll get if I decided against the cockatoo - she has plenty to pick from. I just want something that will talk.

MEL: CONGRATS! I know you feel and look great! Keep it up!

LDBLOND: Hope your son feels better soon - we are all keeping you in our thoughts!

Well, let me run - I want to do absolutely nothing but lay on the sofa and watch TV tonight!! So...see ya later!

Missy
284/267.5/170
Old 03-20-2002, 09:55 PM   #82  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

COUNT ON MY ARRIVAL TO HAPPEN IN H'VILLE and I'll BRING AT LEAST FOUR PEOPLE WITH ME> let's see....that's will get me about ten bags of cofee.....COLUMBIAN PLEASE!!!!

SARAH IS GONE BABY!!! She needs to pack up her bikinis and move on!!!

Off to recline...I'm pooped...went into PUBLIX to pick up a few things and ended up spending $122!!
Bought some PRITKIN WHOLE WHEAT PENNE PASTA...have never tried whole wheat and hear it's got a nutty flavor..I'll let you know how I like it.
Also got some
OLIVE PASTE and some PESTO

EVERYONE...

BOB
Old 03-20-2002, 11:07 PM   #83  

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a great day! I was lazy and read an ebook this morning. I postponed my walk with my friend at the mall until tomorrow. My 15 year old brought me a surprise breakfast in bed! I was so surprised, since she got up at 5 am to make it and have it all ready when I got up at 5:50. I had to crawl back in bed and eat the omelet she made. It was great, though I think she must have used a pound of cheese in it! I could not finish it, so she did! LOL.

Tonight, we went to Lone Star Steaks for dinner. I got a small sirloin, baked sweet potato and a salad. My daughter ordered a Texas Rose...their version of the blooming onion, and I fell to the temptation. I also ate two cookies, and two white chocolate truffles. Back on the wagon tomorrow. That was the first sugar I have had in weeks, and I am pleased to say it made me feel rather ill!

I did not even entertain a moments thought about getting on the scale today. Since it was my birthday, I decided to let go of all that stuff for the day, and just have fun! I sure hope that on Friday, when I usually get on the scale, I will not faint or something!

DEB: No beatings with a wet ww noodle... If you were checking on the bio board, I had not done one yet. I felt bad when I realized that. Did not mean to come across critical! It was on the calendar, but no bio. Mea culpa!

LDBLOND: I am so sorry to hear your 3 year old has been so sick. It sure is hard when little ones get sick. Hope he is all better soon!

BETH: I sure hope the eye doctor can help that pinkeye! It sure has lingered, and I know you are frustrated with it. I would be too!

There are so many others I wanted to address comments to, but I am bone weary, and ready to hit the sack. Tomorrow, I hope to catch up. After I walk and get a massage! woo hoo! Can't wait! (I trade dinners for massage with my massage therapist! It is a great relationship!)

Night all! Sweet dreams!
Old 03-21-2002, 12:30 AM   #84  
super mom

It is way past my bedtime but WIW isn't officially over for about 40 more minutes. I had a nice jump of a4 pound loss. It was a very nice surprise. I keep reading how you all journal but I didn't think I wanted to do that - now I see the importance of it. I sure wish I knew what I did differently. With this loss I am down 30 pounds now I had a family support group meeting this evening and a few of the ladies know I'm SBing - it's so funny because the first thing they say to me now is to ask for my weight loss report. One of other ladies just read the book and is giving it a whirl.

I want to write to everyone but I am really tired. I thought I could catch up but there was so much to read - what a great group of gals we are (pat yourselves on the back)

Happy Birthday Monet and Thunder

I missed the first 15 minutes of Survivor - rushed home from my meeting but still missed some. How and why did they switch people around???? I loved Amazing Race tonight but was sad to see the grannies go - they were cool.

Nighty-night
Denise
Old 03-21-2002, 12:31 AM   #85  

Cool Wed and refusing to Weight In

This has been a tough week, seems like daily the scales go up (I know....don't weigh daily, but it's an addiction!) Anyway...we'll just hope their is light at this tunnel next week. Of course, that's when TOM will probably arrive!!!

Good to read all the postings...you all seem so close.

Have a great Thursday!
Old 03-21-2002, 12:41 AM   #86  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

I don't have a scale! But I will go to my mom's on Friday, and weigh in then...so I guess I'll have a WIF?

Pooch: They made the teams come together, and had two cocentric circles of discs (it looked like a section of a log). Everyone stood one a disc, and under them was their new buff (dumbest name in the world )- so, everything got messed up, but for the better, IMHO.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:44 AM   #87  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

I could not get out of my own way today!!!! Played computer games, read, watched TV, took shower, 15 minute nap and went to church dinner followed by choir practice.

Our church has a caterer coming in for the Lenten season. It's Wednesday nights, $5; followed by a short devotional in the sanctuary. Then we have choir practice. The caterer doesn't make money at it, she does it because she feels it is a way to do a Christian act to help bring church members together. Provides salad, entree with vegetable and potato or some other carb, rolls & butter, desert, various drinks. Not bad. I can't go every week, can't afford to. I didn't really feel like going tonight, but I had signed up and besides Sunday is our special music program, so I went.

The scale at the gym had me down another pound. Seems like it's harde to lose the regained pounds than the original pounds!!!

DEB - There is no maltodextrin listed for the chickory, it is fructose and dextrose. Hope you feel better soon.

ROSALIE: Yes, legal spaghetti sauce is what I use. I used to use straight tomato sauce, but with out the breading/frying I feel the spaghetti sauce adds more flavor. I would swear I posted recipe, altho there really is no set amounts of ingredients just common sense.

ILBLOND: Hope your little one is better soon, there is nothing more pitiful than dealing with a child's illness. Even tho you do all you can, you feel helpless. Prayers being sent your way.

Takie care, sef
Old 03-21-2002, 02:05 AM   #88  

Hi all,

I'm doing well and I hope you are, too! I am still staying OP and losing weight, although it's coming off slow. I'm happy that it is coming off at all, so I'm not complaining. I managed to get my water intake back up to my normal level. I sure can see the difference! I feel so much better when I am properly hydrated. I finally got around to posting on the bio board tonight. Sorry I don't post more often, but I do try and read as much as I can. I am trying to get better at replying to people that ask me stuff or offer encouragment, but I am not used to this yet. I see some of Debelli's posts and I think, WOW, it must have taken an hour or more to write all that! Well, plus I'm not the best typist in the world, either. One question.... I noticed there is a chat on a regular basis? How can I participate? Thanks for any info. Take care!

224/198/160
Old 03-21-2002, 08:10 AM   #89  

Red face I'm back home!

Hey everybody! Got home last night and went straight to the gym - stress relief! GM is doing better physcially (she has pneumonia and was having this sudden incontinence problem), but she has many episodes of serious confusion during the day. She often asked me if I have a baby (I don't), if I have a brother (I do, he's the only sib who lives near them and is over there all the time), she obsesses over money and her purse and thinking that she is in Ozark, AL where she was born. So confused at times and so clear others!

We were able to find a great nursing home (if there is such a thing) that is only 13 miles from my parents (they live out in the country and nothing is really very close, so this is a plus), however they did not have a bed for her so she is on a waiting list. It is possible that she could be in a room by Friday, but there was no way to tell how long it may take, so we thought it best that I come back home.

I'm exhausted and have had a real education about NH placement, Medicaid, etc. Knowing about these things BEFORE you need them is important!

The scales read 147 this a.m. I had my body fat percentage calculated last night at the gym, exactly one month ago and it shows that I have gained 3.5 pounds of muscle and have lost 2.5 pounds of fat! ROCK AND ROLL! Went to the gym Tuesday while in Columbus to try to maintain my focus and deal with the stress. It helped immensely.

Gotta go get ready for work. Will attempt to catch up on the board this weekend.

Thanks for all the support!

Peace,
FROG
Old 03-21-2002, 08:44 AM   #90  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

Still feeling icky, but no where as bad as yesterday. I slept and slept all day/night-just got up to watch Survivor, but wasn't able to stay up through all of TAR, had to climb back in bed. I don't know what the heck I have/had, but whatever it is/was is a doozie. I sweated up a storm, yet was cold, even the hairs on my arms hurt! I do feel a bit better today, but still not 100%. Didn't eat much yesterday, mostly fruits-at least the scale is down today after all this=though I suspect it's from the non-stop potty calls, not drinking water and not eating much-not from following the plan 100%.

Needless to say, I won't be exercising today

FILLISE, my Belle is ALL black??? Remind me to tell you the black cat story one day! I don't think I've ever seen a cat with yellow eyes.

BETH, sorry to hear you too were in the bathroom all day yesterday. I think those candies should not be bought, look how they affect your system-would much rather have the real stuff if it can be found. Also, if you know you have trouble eating just one, don't buy them at all, or only buy just one piece. Too easy to cause you trouble, better not to buy them at all. Just my 2 cents, as I've seen so many people fall off the wagon from eating stuff like this.

LDBLOND, sorry to hear about the turmoil going on at home, it seems if it's not one thing it's another-I think yo deserve a nice long vacation sometime soon!!! I hope the kids and you stay well and nothing new pops up.

GRACIOUS, I'm not a coffee drinker, so I don't know much about coffee, though maybe you tried one of their stronger blends-some of that stuff is gross and I don't know how people could drink it either, but there are some blends, with enough milk in it and little coffee that even I will drink. It amazes me how people are addicted to coffee! Well, LINDT finally came through, had an e-mail waiting for me, so here's the info-was thrilled to see the sugar count so low!!!!

Thank you for your inquiry. Please find below the nutritional information on our 85% cocoa bars:

Serving size = 4 squares (40g)
Calories per serving = 212
Proteins per serving = 4.4g
Fats per serving = 18.4g
Carbohydrates per serving = 7.6g
Sugars per serving = 5.2g

FRUIT, a half pound is nothing, easy cheesy to get right off! How about a cockatiel, I hear you can teach them to talk.

BOB, $122, I don't think even I have ever spent that much on groceries!! Hey, got the preztels yesterday at Publix, $1.69 a bag, they didn't say they were on sale so I'm going back to get more since they are good til July. I love them, and they sure were good to eat when I was feeling so icky yesterday.

MONET, glad to hear you had a good birthday! Thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD and letting me know I hadn't forgotten your bday, just had not a clue when it was.

POOCH, CONGRATS on your 4lbs loss, that's wonderful! So, you are now journaling? I wasn't quite sure from your post if you had or was thinking about doing so. I personally think it's important to do so.

JUDY, the gals on the board will tell you there's no one more obsessed with the scale than I am. It's a love hate/relationship. You say the scale is going up-any known reasons? I know for me there's 2 times, TOM and mid-cycle that I know the scales will go up. So many factors can make the scale rise other than eating off plan. As long as you know you are eating right then the scales will go back down, just have to be patient.

FREEDOM, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! Glad you decide to join us, and thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD, it was nice to learn more about you and I LOVED the picture collage! Ahhh, the Texas gals will be happy to hear their numbers are growing on this board!!!! Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have at any time, we're all happy to help and throw out our 2 cents

SEF, thanks for letting me know about the chicory, though I probably wouldn't bother with it due to the dextrose and fructose in it. Still, let me know what you make with it and how you like it, curious to know what you think.

DARAMUS, thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD, always nice to be able to learn more about our board members LOL! It's true, some posts take me easily an hour, sometimes more. You do want you can, not everyone has the time that I do. Sounds like you are doing well, keep up the great work!

FROG, glad to hear you're back and that GM is doing better physically. That's good that you were able to find a place that you find nice to have her taken care of and that's not too far from family. 147, you go girl! More muscle, less fat-you're doing great!!!

Well, time for me to start to prepare for my day. Kids get out of school early today and then I have to rush to the Tennis Tournament to volunteer. Don't expect to get home til around 11pm tonight-so won't be posting until tomorrow.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Closed Thread