Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What beverage do you find yourself consuming most through a normal day?
Water 29 72.50%
Soda 5 12.50%
Juice 0 0%
Milk 1 2.50%
Coffee 1 2.50%
Tea 2 5.00%
Soy Beverage 0 0%
Crystal Light (or similar) 2 5.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 01:39 PM   #76  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

DEB...make the sticky flash or something....maybe it will draw attention and they will read it before doing a STRAY POST

BOB
Old 03-13-2002, 02:56 PM   #77  
Goddess

Thumbs down WIW

Weight same--but TOM is here--should see a loss in the next day or two. My rings are tight so I know I'm in the midst of TOM water retention.

The board has been busy yesterday and today--wow! I'm not going to be able to respond to everyone.

I LOVED the post about the coke and the water--I'm trying to push the water today and this post will help motivate and remind me--THANKS!

Congratulations to this weeks losers--some of you had really terrific weeks!

Frog--I'm thinking about you and hoping for the best with the family situation.

Have a good day everyone!

Susan
300/240/150
Old 03-13-2002, 03:10 PM   #78  

ummm.. WOW! I miss a day and when I come back there is 6 pages in this thread! Yikes I'm enjoying spring break and still trying to get my water intake back to what it once was. Thanks for all the kind words regarding my mini-goal. My church had our annual greek festival, so I had a cheat day of sorts! I didn't go overboard, though. Sure was some good food! I imagine that Filo dough is not legal? *shrugs* Bye for now!
Old 03-13-2002, 03:44 PM   #79  

Default Daramus..on filo....

No, regular filo is not legal, but if you like filo stuff, you can get whole wheat filo and whole grain spelt filo! I have some in the freezer I have been itching to try. The ww filo has a bit of enriched flour in it, something I did not notice till after I bought it, but the spelt is 100% whole grain! I am going to make spanikopita one night soon!
Old 03-13-2002, 06:34 PM   #80  

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!!

Hope everyone's day was good....at least it's HUMP DAY... and only two more to go...these weeks move faster and faster as the years are quicker and quicker

Catherine....We both may have to give in and watch the WOLFPACK

MISSY..wouldn't that be a hoot...but I think we play you all on your turf this year.
Did you get my email?

SUSAN..how's your election progressing?
Miss Belle ok? Haven't heard from her in a while..is she still mad at you?

QUILTER...THUNDER is talking about her growing tummy because she's PREGGO!!!
Any butt crack showing at your house this week? (for those of you who don't know...Kim has the electrician visiting)

I'm making this a short one...I'm going to finish a few things and then get reclined...

FROGGIE... We're here...whatever you need to do..whether it's blow off steam, rant or cry...you can do it her with us..

BOB
Old 03-13-2002, 07:15 PM   #81  

Arrow Thanks everybody!

Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement. It was helpful to read what y'all had to say. Thanks to our many newcomers who really don't know me very well yet but don't think I'm a complete wet blanket and still fine my success helpful in their self-improvement journey.

I am tired tonight with a "crick" in my neck (is that a Southern phrase) and a twitching eye, a sure sign of stress that I've had for several weeks now. Sooo... I won't post a response to everyone, although I'd like to.

Work today was h*ll!! BUSY to the 10th power! Tomorrow is a short day for me and my "little Friday" (since I don't work on Fri) so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

As if my week wasn't already interesting enough, a good friend "came out" to me yesterday. It felt great to have him trust me with this private, personal information. I had a friend many years ago who is gay, most new it, but she never chose to share it with me. It always made me sad that she didn't trust me after many years of friendship.

Tomorrow we have a builder/hunting friend of DH's to come talk to us about rennovations to our house in the future. I'm fixing dinner as payment for his time.

Have no real plans for this weekend and I plan to keep it that way! Right now my plan is to get vertical in the living room with a blankie and get ready for Survivor.

Bye for now!

Peace,
FROG
Old 03-13-2002, 08:50 PM   #82  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

NEWS ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Got a call this evening from a gal named Patti who was calling on behalf of Donna at SWEET CACTUS FARMS. She told me that Donna has been out of the country for the past 2 months, a reason she did not return my phone call that I had placed long ago to her. Anyhow, the latest news that I was given was that Donna's company, SCF made an agreement with one of the largest producers of AGAVE NECTAR and will have new stock in about 2 months time. She told me this would be BLUE AGAVE not the wild. This is better as this one has the lower GI. She also informed me that they will have their own website up and running in a few weeks where you will be able to purchase the agave on line not only in the 8oz bottles, but even 32oz bottles.

Of course, I am thrilled and delighted to hear this news! Even if I do have 72+ bottles in the house already, I'm a happy camper!!!

Anyhow, SURVIVOR is back on and I have to run-will try to get a post in after AMAZING RACE!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/120/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-13-2002, 09:27 PM   #83  
Bustin' Buddy

Evenin!

Hope everyone had a good day today - mine was OK - nothing much to brag about. But, I did have a little excitement in my first grade class. Here's the story.....3 of my students (boys) were caught drawing nudie pictures at little recess - can you believe that? 2 of them drew the butt, balls, bird, hair, pee, pooh, etc. and the other drew a naked lady peeing! So, needless to say they got their butts paddled good by the principal! I always enjoy watching them get paddled - such satisfaction for me being that they have put me through such **** this year! They get 3 licks from the principal and I think my smile gets bigger with each lick! I'm sure all of you mothers out there are thinking that I am horrible BUT spend just ONE DAY with the class I have this year and you would totally see why I'm saying that!!!

QUILTER: Yeah - I guess we do have something in common with the reading huh? I tell ya - I'm trained in so many things that I confuse myself sometimes!! HAHA! I've never worked with adults - always the little ones with fluency and comprehension. Right now I'm working with a Sophomore with his spelling and that is really hard. He is very intellegent - scores 2 grades higer on all standardized testing but scored 6th grade in spelling. I'm at the end of my rope here - I don't know how to "fix" him and that frustrates me! Any suggestions? All of the other kids I tutor - I work with reading.

BOB: Hey - yes I got your e-mail - sorry I haven't responded yet I've been trying to keep up with this board!! HAHA! That sounds great - have SOL e-mail me and I'll give her my address! THANKS! You're the best!

Not that anybody cares but here's my 2 cents on the woman that murdered her kids:
1) I understand that she has mental problems and if they are as bad as they claim they are she should have never been left alone with those children.
2) She said that she had decided the day before that she was going to kill them and then kill herself. Well, why didn't she kill herself? She followed through with the other plan.
3) I don't feel sorry for her because here I am trying desperately to have a baby, I've had 5 miscarriages, etc. and this crazy loon was given 5 beautiful children and she killed them. It makes me sick. There are so many women like me in this world that want children so desperately and then they have crazy people like her that just kill their kids.
4) I'm not one for the death penalty but I think they ought to drown her just like she did her kids! Let her go through what those 5 innocent children went through just because their mother was a nut bag!

OK - sorry - but since someone brought it up - I just had to vent!

Ok my friends - have a great evening watching Survivor cause I know that's what all of you are doing!!

Missy
284/267/170
Old 03-13-2002, 09:44 PM   #84  

AMEN LITTLE SISTER!!!!

I think she knew just exactly what she was doing...and the father is just as much to blame for those babies as she is...HE KNEW how she was....

BOB
Old 03-13-2002, 10:40 PM   #85  

Hi Guys!
It's been a **** of a week (can I say that?)! Friday night a friend and coworker was killed with her boyfriend/baby's father in a motorcycle accident. It has been bike week here and thousands of motorcycles in town. They were hit by a woman in an SUV that had been drinking and ran a red light. Grace (my friend) was 35 years old and the boyfriend 32. She leaves 2 children, a 6 year old boy and 7 month old girl. The 7 month old was the also the daughter of the boyfriend. So she has lost both parents. Friday, Grace had the baby at work, and she was standing in the door way saying ma ma ma ma ma ma!! This is so incredibly sad! We went to the wake last night - no exaggeration - there had to have been 600 people there. We had to wait in line to get in. The line was wrapped around the building. Also, they had open casket. It was horrilbe! I have never been to a wake with so many people in attendance. She was a great person and well loved. The boyfriends service is tomorrow. I think I will skip that one. Also my son had some kind of stomach flu and now I've had it since Monday. So I have not been on plan, as I am eating anything that makes me feel better. I've been on antibiotic (Levoquin) for sinus infection and am thinking that is what may be making me sick. Also, my uncle down in South Florida had open heart surgery last week, and had a stroke during surgery. He was non responsive for almost a week. Still waiting for the verdict on whether there's permanent damage or not. They were suppossed to do barium swallow today to check his swallowing but they did not do it yet. They are so hateful in that hospital when you call. If I lived closer I'd go slap those nasty nurses. I am a nurse, and if I ever spoke to family members the way they speak, I would be fired! Guess they think there's a nursing shortage and their irreplaceable. Hope they never have a ***** nurse take care of them!
Anyway- enough of this depression, just wanted to let you all know whats up with me. I've been reading but no time/energy to post! Keep on losing, I'll be on track soon, as soon as my bellie feels better.
Nitey Nite!
Old 03-14-2002, 12:09 AM   #86  

Default Finally getting to post this...

Sounds like you all had an excellent weekend! Noticing many of you are starting Spring break, something those of us on the west coast won't see until the 1st week of April.
Today is Wed., but all of this was written Monday and Tuesday, I have been having a horrible time trying to get on line. Today I weighed 164. Not bad, not good...it just is. Have to run, but wanted to get a hello out to all of you.

Slaphappy, I can't stay to read all of your email right now, but I caught enough to know that you and yours need extra prayers right now and I'll be adding you to mine.

This is from the inspirational/motivational messages I receive each day. Although it deals with recovery, it carries the same theme as yesterday, Finding A Way and fits with the motivation that we must all carry as we move forward on a path of better nutrition and better health.
Today's thought is:

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed. . .nothing will be impossible for you. --Matt. 17:20

When we repeat the message, "nothing will be impossible for you," we offer ourselves hope and power for the future. We can also change that message to the present tense: nothing is impossible.

Recovery has opened the doors and windows of our lives. We are starting to realize that we can be all we want to be. Today, we enjoy the pleasures involved in getting to know a new self. We practice believing in ourselves today. We are full of life and positive energy. Today we know that we are living the adventure of getting to know ourselves and others.

Today let me believe that with the help of my Higher Power, I can achieve all that I dream.

Deb, this week's MM is just perfect! Reworking daily life to incorporate the things I need to be doing. I may even do a little "chore" schedule until I get things rolling more smoothly. Went to make the oatbran muffins last night and discoved the box with the recipe on it had been ditched - yikes! I'll be doing some web surfing today, trying to find a new one. As for Sticky Threads - Sounds great!

Daramus, We will be re-focusing together my friend. This week's goal is to stay out of Starbucks until the weekend or at the very soonest Friday when I'm off with my son for his medical appts. I have expresso roast at home, it's just a matter of learning how to make it right. If I can reduce my visits there the caffeine, fat, and chance of cheating with those darn muffins goes down. (Wrote this Monday, Tuesday I went to Starbucks. I changed my coffee to be made with 2% milk, but didn't skip the muffin. Next time I go in with breakfast in my tummy!)

Melf, EVERY STORM WEATHERED WITH DETERMINATION BRINGS US CLOSER TO SUCCESS, another great reminder of how we will succeed and how gracious He can be to help us through. Also, thank you for the beautiful email you sent me. Size 6 - what's that? Congratulations, you have come a long way!

Fruitloupe, Sorry to hear that you'll have more medical trials to go through. Hope you get to feeling better really soon.

Toni, Nice to have you on board.

Beth, Sorry to hear your feeling icky, hope the strep clears up soon. My sister and her family (with the same name as yours coincidentally) are going through an awful time with strep. I hope that you and yours get well really, really soon.

Sef, You didn't say, but I hope that your are feeling better after your fall.

Zanne, Your temps sound wonderful, it's back up to 88+ today here. Summer is just around the bend for us. Congrats on your all time low.

AdronsGirl, It must be nice to have your hubby on board with you. I certainly hope that one day my DH will see the light for himself, for now he motivates me and helps me to eat right and I really appreciate his support. Is your 7-year-old ok?

Gracious, How is your DH doing now, I hope he passed the kidney stone and is feeling better? I noticed you and I are both headed for about the same goal and are about the same place, but I know that I need to exercise to get rid of the rest. I'm not an aerobics person and was doing some calisthenics before, may I ask what you are doing? I did start using the bathroom downstairs at work, so this means I run up and down the stairs many times during the day. It's just a beginning I realize, but to exercise I'm going to have to do it spurts as I don't have 45 minutes to exercise each day. That's how I ended up getting off the exercise wagon before, getting up at 4:30 in the morning was doing me no good as I was simply exhausted, even though it was for exercise, I just couldn't live on 4-5 hours of sleep each night.

Music, I read your post and could relate whole heartedly. My son's last asthma treatment runs between 11 and midnight, on a good night I check all my children when he's done and go to sleep (again). On some night's I finish with him, just get comfortable and one of my daughter's wakes up and then just as I get comfortably snug back in my bed the other awakens, and then, Michael needs me once more. It's not until I read your post that it really set in, although we lack sleep at times, isn't wonderful to be fortunate enough to have 3 beautiful children who need us.

To all that I missed, I hope you're having a wonderful week!
Old 03-14-2002, 07:04 AM   #87  
Bustin' Buddy

GOOD MORNING!

Well, it's Thursday - only one more day to go!!

SLAP: So sorry to hear about your friend and uncle. Both are horrible situations. I know that you said they were hit by a drunk driver and that is just terrible. I just think motorcycles are dangerous! I find that they are hard to see - that's why so many people are killed or hurt every year! My sister is a physical therapist and at one point my hubby wanted a motorbike - she would always tell him "I've got several paraplegic patients that would give you their motorbikes - you won't even have to buy one!" He changed his mind after she said that a few times. Just know that you are in my prayers during this hard time.

BOB: I figured that you would like my opinion on that crazy woman! Great minds think alike!

Ok - off to get ready for work - YUCK! Hopefully I won't have any nudie pics today!

missy
284/267/170
Old 03-14-2002, 07:21 AM   #88  
"I'm working on it!"

Wink Peace and quiet........

........for now!

It's spring break for us too. My munchie has a wee friend sleeping over. Gosh I don't know how all of you with more than one do it! These 2 guys have had me going. Right now the angels are sleeping--they both had to sleep in the TOP bunk.

Inlaws arrived home last night for a week's visit. They brought me a surprise--2 cases of AGAVE!!! They kept telling me they couldn't get it and then when they found it, they only reserved 3 bottles. I asked them to get more than 3 bottles--didn't think they'd bring it on the plane! I'm gonna have nearly as much stockpiled at DEBELLI, cause MARIE is gonna bring me another 2 cases! DH thinks I'm nuts spending so much money "to sweeten your coffee" but I may start to try a little baking since I have a stash now. And hey, I'm worth the money!

I made pizza last night using the WW dough recipe YELLOWROSE posted. I liked it! Mine came out a little sticky (couple of drops of veggie oil on my hands and the pan helped) but I didn't have to play with it like the white dough I buy. When I spread it in the pan, it stayed! So, we'll be eating a little more pizza at this house.

I still haven't had a thorough read thru of all the posts. Gonna be a busy week here with the inlaws in.

THANKS to all for your kind words about my loss yesterday. I'll have to keep reading for motivation cause the needle sat 2 lbs heavier this morning

HOPE ALL OF YOU WHO ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR HAVE FAMILY WHO ARE NOT WELL, ALL GET BETTER SOON!

FROG I'm sorry! I posted right under you yesterday, but didn't even look at the post--I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. But please, as others have said, come to the board for whatever reason. We're here to support you no matter what. We don't expect you to be "up" every day. Take care of yourself and try to have a relaxing weekend.

HAPPY Oh my goodness! What a tragedy! My thoughts are with you, your uncle's families and your friends' families. And please get better soon!

FRIUT We haven't had the strap in our schools for a long time. When I hear about how terrible some kids are, I think that maybe they would have been different with some discipline in their lives. Just having the threat of it kept me straight when I went to school!

DEBELLI The agave my inlaws brought (SCF) says that it is made from Blue agave. Could this be the new stock already? I've only been getting Cucamonga here, so I don't have an "old" bottle of SCF to compare to.

SEMMENS How's the BFL going?

MELIRIS Great explanation of BFL for KIMMY. I'm not always good with explanations. I know that experienced BFLers don't recommend modifying the program, especially with the first challenge. I tried the eating for a couple of days but I'm just not the right personality to have to plan out my meals, let alone 6 of them Heck, at 3 in the afternoon, I still haven't figured out what's for dinner that evening! I wanted to add an exercise routine to go with my new WOE and liked the layed out plan in BFL--it's kept me going for the longest stretch I've ever gone with exercising. So I describe myself as doing SB eating and BFL exercising.

Oh Dear. Better go. One of the wee darlings is up. Have a GREAT day everyone!`

Last edited by Zanne; 03-14-2002 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2002, 07:48 AM   #89  
super mom

What a beautiful moring!! It still on the chilly side but the sun is out after days of grey and rainy weather. The rain is helping our grass turn a bright shade of green and all our flowers are popping up - we even planted 2 more flats before the rain hit last weekend. I hope spring stays here this time. I always like this time of year - refreshing. Fall is my absolute favorite season though.

My dog is going wacko right now - there's a duck walking around in our front yard and she is freaking out. I know her heart is gonna pop one day - she can get so worked up. Usually she chases the squirells and has never seen a duck before.

My DH hubby got to call yesterday. Since my son was home sick he got to talk with his dad and that made him so happy. When I took the phone we only spoke about a minute before getting cut off and he didn't call back It is starting to sink in that he is going to be gone for a very long time.

Slaphappy - I am so sorry sorry to hear about your friend - we've added you to our prayers.

Debelli - great to hear about the Agave - maybe it won't be so hard to find around here. We have 7 health food stores in the area and only one knew what I was talking about. She special ordered it for me (remember at a very high price of $3.35 a bottle) and it is supposed to be in today. If the company will offer it for sale it still may be cheaper to pay s/h than to get it here. I am looking forward to seing the site they are putting together - keep us posted.

fruitloupe - I feel for you with those out of control kids. I was just an aide in the kindergarden room and couldn't believe how aweful some of those kids could be. I also am a Cub Scout den leader and this year I have 2 that are always out of control. Problem is one of them is mine They just seem to push each others buttons. I was surprised to hear they still spank at your school. Is is a public or private school - thought they were not allowed to do it since it has been a no-no in every school we've been in. But now when I was a kid....I went to one of those strict Catholic schools - we towed the line or else

I'll have to catch up with everyone else later - time to get the kids ready for school and out the door. Have a great day everyone!!
TTFN
Denise
Old 03-14-2002, 07:56 AM   #90  

Zanne-

I've decided to go your route and do BFL exercise but SB eating. I understand the BFL food principles and agree with balancing protein and low GI carbs (though I still don't know why he classifies "vegetables" separately from "carbs" since veggies ARE carbs). And while I understand the "free day pig-out", I don't think it would work for me . At this point though, I'm just not ready for the separate meals concept (I cook for dh and 4 kids). So we'll see how it goes.

Did LBWO yesterday and it went well, only my quads are a little sore so maybe I need to push it further. Back to the gym today for cardio; I'm still amazed that only 20 minutes is supposed to get such good results, the time went by fast.

Laura
Closed Thread