Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite source of protein??
Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc) 10 25.64%
Fowl (chicken, turkey, etc) 15 38.46%
Meat (beef, lamb, pork) 9 23.08%
Fish 2 5.13%
Eggs 3 7.69%
Beans 0 0%
Nuts 0 0%
Vegetable Protein (soy products) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 11:27 AM   #166  

Thumbs down orlando meeting

hi girls,

just a quick not to confirm all that sonya wrote, IT WAS A VERY WONDERFUL DAY! everything she wrote was true, she should be a reporter, a very thorough and accurate commentary, GREAT JOB SONYA!

the day went by way too fast and we did all have a great time, any of you who live fairly close should really try to get together!
it is like getting together with old friends that you have not seen in a while, as i said the last time from cyberspace to face-to-face!

sonya and vince were the perfect hosts for a day of eating, talking ,photos, shopping and just enjoying spending time together. my daughter ( almost 10 years old) wants to be a sugarbuster so she can go to all the meetings too. she had a great time at dinner and wished she could have spent the whole day with us. i gently explained that this was my special time and we sometimes need to leave the kids home, i hope she understands!
you guys were great with her especially her new best friend vesna!

need to run and develop my film at walmart and fill up the fridge, the BIG KNIGHT is home for spring break. sonya was correct in her story about the waitress taking his plate, then he finishs my daughters dinner, we never have leftovers at our house!

everyone have a wonderful week!

chris
Old 03-10-2002, 11:36 AM   #167  

Hi all,
It looks like a bright and sunny day in Dallas. Maybe that will encourage me to get outside and walk. I believe if
I put as much action into what I intended as I do thinking about it, I would be so much closer to my goal. I try in
my mind all the time. Luckily, I always stay on program with my eating. However, I eat more of the things I am
allowed and therefore, I am at a stand still. I am still having that major problem with wanting to eat in late
afternoon to dinner. I try to have controlled snacks but then I want to go on to more.

Beth: It sounds like you were triple ambitious with the cleaning. All that mopping, etc must burn a lot of calories.
Thanks for the offer on the Sweet Cactus Farms agave nectar but I think I will try to continue to find a lead here. I
did find something on the net about some home brewing shops that I am going to pursue.

Fillise: I, too, tried the carb cake mix and did not like it as much as the spice cake. I hope the date code on your
spice cake turns out to be okay. Quilter said you are interested in crafts. Which ones?

Deb: You are famous! When I was trying to find some information on agave, I searched Google and your name
and recipe for Crustless Cheesecake came up.

Sef: So good to hear about your improvement after the fall. I always enjoy your posts and would miss them if you
couldn’t type.

Slaphappy: Thanks for updating us on the goings on at “The Meeting”. It was fun to hear about people and the
food.

Solshine: Thank you also for the exciting report on the day. I could almost hear Vesna whistle. I have heard a lot
about the Skyline Chili. Is there a recipe somewhere for it?

Toni 48: Welcome. I have only been posting a week but have been on the program 1 1/2 years. You are smart to
get onto this board right away so you can receive the support of these great women. (and man.)

Hope this is a great day for everyone
Old 03-10-2002, 05:34 PM   #168  
Mel

Default Sunday

Hi everyone- I feel like I've been off the board forever, it moves so fast these days. This has been an exhausting week-end and isn't quite over yet, but I wanted to sneak on to the computer for a few minutes.

The Forida contingent sure had a good time this week-end Boy, do I wish I lived closer- especially because it's going back into the teens tonite and has been so windy for the last few days I can't even walk or jog. Your feast(s) sounded great- what a treat to sit down with a bunch who all eat the same way and don't look at you cross-eyed when you try and explain about white flour and sugar. I got a good chuckle thinking of all those horny peacocks that Vesna startled into action!

Where is skyline chili from? It started showing up on the board a few weeks ago, and I'm still in the dark about it. I gather it's an Ohio thing? Can I get dd to send me some from COlumbus or is local to Cinci?

Last night I had my bfl "free meal" and had all sorts of non-SB food at a neighborhood progressive dinner wich ended with about 40 people at my house for dessert. It was only the third time since last July that I cheated on foods and each time I wonder WHY? I feel like something that washed up on the beach three days ago and I wasn't even a . I really look forward to "flushing it all out" this week and staying SB legal!

Gotta go, hopefully next week won't be so crazy and I can address everyone. Welcome Toni, this really is a great place! Hope all you Florida gals make it home safe and sound.

mel
Old 03-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #169  

Thumbs down SKYLINE CHILI UPDATE!!!!

a quick note to explain about skyline chili, it is yummy! in cincinnati many years ago a greek family started what is known as cincinnati chili. they have chili parlors all over town like we have mcdonalds and wendys. there is skyline chili and goldstar chili, the skyline being the best. it is a spicy but watery kind of chili with a distinct taste, it is served over spaghetti with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese and that is a 3-way, add onions or beans and you have a 4-way or 5-way. then you have the cheese coneys which is on a hotdog with cheese and or onions. when i was in college in cinti 30 years ago the skyline chili parlor was the place to go on a friday nite after the clubs closed. my husband probably had skyline in his bottle as a baby, he literally grew up on the stuff, it is addicting.
now in addition to the restaurants you can buy it in the can at krogers in cinti, or thankfully for my family here in florida you can buy it frozen at publix. of course being a sugarbuster now i am limited in the ways i can eat it, i make a legal dip with cream cheese , chili and cheese served with pita or triscuits or legal wheat breadsticks.there is no added sugar and as far as i can tell the ingredients in the chili are legal, there is a recipe that BOB has where you can make it from scratch, too much work for me.
kim and BOB will attest it is terrific! Meliris if you are coming to south florida there is a skyline chili in ft. lauderdale, lucky for you! i am jealous ! hope you like it , ENJOY! info from chris
Old 03-10-2002, 07:57 PM   #170  
Child of God

Default SKYLINE

Funny, I did not know till I came to this board that Skyline wasn't everywhere. I grew up in columbus and it was a great "after bar hopping at Mustards snack"....but as an adult, I like it as regular food too!

Man, the weather here has been weird. On Sat., it was so windy, it blew over our basketball hoop. We had no electricity for 6+hours. I was ready to go to a hotel. We went to go eat and came home to check...and the lights were back on. Thak goodness..saved 75 bucks. The problem was it was getting cold in our house. I had just started painting and boom!!! out went the lights, up woke the baby, and none with painting I was.

As for Scottis....no. I have not been there, but sounds good! My hubby is 100% Itallian and I am sure he would like it. He may have been there with his work...they get winned and dinned all the time Lucky him.

Take care all!!!

Old 03-10-2002, 08:34 PM   #171  

Default Sunday Evening

MEL---Well, BKM really did a great job with her description of Skyline. I think the key to their success is not just the taste, but the fact that everything is so FRESH. If we keep talking about it, I'll have to go eat some. Now when I drive by one, which means about every 5 minutes, I now think of you SugarBusters! I find that so funny.

BKM---I am loving that your daughter is drawn to us. So cute!!!! Makes me want to hug her neck. I'm so glad that you got to join in with the fun yesterday. Yea for YOU!!!

ROSE---I am so with you on the difficulties of limiting those legal food items. It is soooo hard. I can only think of one thing to suggest. Have you gone to FitDay.com and tried inputting your food into that. That's been helping me keep my calories down. It does take a lot of time, but if you do have that little bit of extra time, I'd encourage you to try it. Good luck, and don't beat yourself up. Just remember that each day is a new start and each meal for that matter.

Well, friends, I'm hoping that you all will have a tremendous week. I sure do hope that we all are successful with staying on program. Remember, each time we cheat, we're only setting ourself back further from our goals.

Take care.
Kim
Old 03-10-2002, 10:09 PM   #172  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

BOB'S HOME

I am bushed and my big ole arse is dragging!!! Please forgive me
not posting tonight, but I'm putting one foot in the bed as I type!

SOL and VINCE...THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!
I had a really good time and enjoyed being at your house so much!
Vesna...BKM, SUE, MARIE, ANNETTE...SO good to meet you....
BKM...REALLY enjoyed being with your family...

I'll fill you all in tomorrow on the new board!!!

OH, Yeah....SOL..VESNA....we went back to ITALIANI'S and Deb got us a FREE LUNCH!!!! YUM YUM YUM

BOB

BELIEVE ME....THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG TONIGHT>>>>
Old 03-10-2002, 10:44 PM   #173  
Clay Girl

Default Fabulous Weekend

To all MIA!

It was like a dream weekend with the best friends! Totally. And yes, everything that everyone wrote was true. Especially how Vince and Sonya generously opened their beautiful home to us. We were there from 10:30 until 2:15, and Vince is a genuine trooper, fitting quite nicely in our bustling group of sugar crazed ladies. Sonya's report is great! She has a computer for brains, that one. I could hardly follow all that was happening, let alone remember it later.

FOOD - Absolutely delicious! It is exactly true what the girls said. So great to spend time with people who understand that brown sugar is not o.k., and who don't cringe their noses at WWflour. Skyline chilli - YUM! Thanks BKM, now I'll be regular at Publix again. And it really goes well with that cream cheese. GOWD! What Sonya forgot to mention on her food list, was that she made a spectacular beef pot roast. I loved it! Had it with Narda's green beans with a bit of taco dip and skyline chilli. Yawl know about the deserts. I took some home for my MIA friend. Now I am thinking that it may not be too good for her to eat such sweet and dangerous things, and because we are good friends, I should perhaps sacrifice myself and eat it all. I know, I know. It is asking a lot from our friendship, but what can I say. I love that girl!

BOAT TRIP - I had no clue I had peacock sex appeal. And yes, Debbie and I are definitely trouble. Narda has a positively fantastic evil eye, so Debbie and I had to hide behind a Southern Cook Book to avoid it. Someone should have taken a picture of that look! I could definitely use it in my classroom.

SUNDAY - More shopping. Debbie, Narda and I met with my DBF at Sanford Flea World. Debbie can tell her impressions, I will just say it is BIG! We shopped until 1PM, and then the girls had to leave to go home. BUt I know I will see them soon! Ricky want to meet Skeeter, and what Ricky wants, Ricky gets.

WRAP UP - I really enjoyed meeting everybody. As far as the non SBs go: Anita is a trip and she fell right into the group. Big Night is GRANDE Night, a very polite and well mannered young man, and SARA, BKM's daughter, is ADORABLE! And so smart! Her father is also very charming and I have to say CHRIS has a very nice family. I hope Sarah stays in touch, she is a book worm, just like me!

MARIE - It was really nice meeting you. I would like to see more pictures of your family on the board, and also, Canada. Did you guys get to see it at EPCOT? I am looking forward to reading your impressions of the trip!

Have a grat day everyone and start planning for NC!

Vesna
Old 03-11-2002, 12:52 AM   #174  
Goddess

Red face Sunday night

It sounds like everyone had a great time in Orlando this weekend! I'm going to have to check Kroger for Skyline chili.

I made a killer black bean soup on Saturday night--I'm posting the recipe on the recipe board. it is easy, delicious, good source of protein without a lot of fat.

YR--I do needlepoint, cross stitch, scrapbooking, i make wreaths--I'll try just about anything except painting. Are you a crafter?

OK off to bed

Susan
Old 03-11-2002, 06:09 AM   #175  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

New week, new board, just click on the link below!!!

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=14237

See you on the new board
Closed Thread