Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When do you find yourself to be the hungriest?
EARLY MORNING 2 5.88%
MID-MORNING 5 14.71%
NOONISH 1 2.94%
MID-AFTERNOON 8 23.53%
EARLY EVENING 5 14.71%
EVENING 5 14.71%
LATE EVENING 7 20.59%
MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT 0 0%
I CAN'T PICK ONE! CONTINUOUSLY-24/7! 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 12:08 PM   #121  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Friday Morning!

Morning everyone!

I didn't get on the board at all yesterday--and it seems to have been busy. I won't get to respond to everyone today mostly because I feel like crap!

All day yesterday I felt a cold coming on and presto today here it is! Purring kitty in my lap helps, but I'm probably headed for a nap soon. Ick.

Of course the danger here is that when I don't feel good the temptation is to eat anything I want. So I need ALL the SB angels on my shoulder today--and bring your whips ladies and gentlemen! The good thing is that there is nothing in my house that is not SB legal. Of course I can always overeat on that--but that's not as bad as getting into the sugary--refined flour stuff. So If I don't leave the house today, I should be OK. As it is rainy and miserable and I don't have any outside appointments, I might be able to make it.

Frog--gosh the beach house sounds like so much fun, but October is out for me. I'll be with y'all in spirit though!

Sol--good on taking the measurments! I think having your thighs rubbing together less counts for a LOT! I was thrilled when I realized I could actually cross my legs for the first time!

Susan
300/238/150
Old 02-01-2002, 03:07 PM   #122  

Hi everybody. TGIF. Boy, I need it too. This has been the week from...well, you know where. And now I have a terrible headache. OK. I'm done whining now. I've done pretty well this week. A few slip ups along the way, but it hasn't caused any real setbacks. I just keep thinking of the pounds I might have lost if I hadn't messed up. Oh well, onward and upward. Congrats to all who lost this week. There were a lot of you. TOM is here and I'm Mrs. Bloat so I'm not even looking at the scales.We have a bday party to go to tonight for one of Sarah's classmates at Pizza Hut. I'll hit the salad bar instead. Sorry I can't reply to y'all. I'll be lurking. Have a good weekend.
Old 02-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #123  

Angry Friday Afternoon Note

Hello! Here is my attempt to respond to all this week. Hope I don't miss anyone.

Have been to coffee with Allison today, who still hasn't heard from her DH's uncle, maybe this afternoon or in the morning.

Went to the gym and had a GREAT workout. Lots of weights and a mils aerobic workout. Felt good too!

Went to TJ Maxx this week and got a few goal clothes in a smaller size. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they will all fit this Spring/Summer.

Gotta tell y'all a quick funny story about a kid we saw at work this week. He is of normal intelligence but has some moderately impaired social skills (he's 5). Anyway, his mom reported the most precious story! During the past 12 months he apparently called 911 when he couldn't find his Power Puff girls!

Had a revealation yesterday. I am no longer embarrassed to meet DH's old college buds or coworkers anymore. We met one while out at lunch and I told DH that I was glad about that.

Kitty update: She must be feeling better because when I got in from Chiro visit last evening the back door was open. I shouted "hello" to DH and he said, "We have a problem. Keep Dixie (dog) back there with you!" I thought, OMG what is going on! Then he said "Kitty has a mouse and the mouse is alive!" Then I could hear him running around in the bedroom. Next thing I know he comes through the kitchen with the live mouse trapped in my house shoe! I always feel bad whenever we have the need to put out a trap because I hate to kill something like that. I hope that mouse will run awau and find another place to play. DH said he didn't know if she caught the mouse inside, or brought it with her from outside!

DEB - Glad that Lauren was happy with her performance at the audition. Thanks for your work on the recipe board. WOO-HOO on the tape measure exercise! You sound like you are having a rough time with sleep lately. Hope you catch some Zzzzs this weekend if you still need them. New pics for us yet? BTW - a trip to the bathroom took 4/10s of those pounds away. You have really made some great progress with your running! Keep it up chick!

MELF - WOW! You're face shows MANY changes in your overall appearance. Good for you!

SEF - Is your booty better? Sorry that your trip to NO got nixed. Sounds like the fog was very thick!! Sorry to hear that your trip to the doctor didn't bring the news you were hoping for.

Big Knights Mama - The scale moved, SUPER! Also great that the sugars are down too! No GS cookies! Cookies in green boxes are bad!

MEL - Thanks for the BFL info. Think I may check out the book at the store this weekend. Bathing suits! UGH! You are brave. I bought 2 2-pcs at the end of last year for $10.00 each and have them as goal suits for this year. They are the bare you belly kind and I don't think that I will be in them by first beach trip at the end of April, but I'd sure like to be! That's one of the reasons I asked about the BFL info. Brag on with that 2 lb loss girl!

BOB - As wonderful as Eli is, he's not a girl. Are you becoming a "gym honey?" Good job on the workouts! You sound serious about it too! Go on wich yo bad sef! Thanks for your "skinny" comments. Don't feel skinny per se, but I do feel much better about myself.

JMUIR - Take it from the Queen of Sole herself, wait until you lose 7 more and get this S&L shoes for an even deeper discount! TJ Maxx is getting in alot of summer shoes! I gotta get a toenail in before I can think about open-toes!

NANCE - I've been to Lane Bryant and have left feeling the way you did. I got myself together and went back and found some lovely things. What a cool thing with the sewing machine! Sweet! Thanks for the haircut comments. This is a style that I really like. Are you into Creative Memories?

QUILTER - The luncheon speaker sounded great! Your pictures on the photo baord are great! I pictured you with longish brown hair. Why, I have NO idea. Like your hair the way it is! Is your DH a red head? Mine is. Remember your yoga while on your TOM, "Be one with your womanliness." Glad you're feeling better. I continue to enjoy your enthusiastic posts.

FILLISE - Glad the banquet was a success. Feel better and let Belle help. Sorry you won't be able to make the beach trip.

BETH - This is an easy WOE isn't it? Glad you're feeling better too. New work gear! Hooray for you! You're really making great progress! I have than Ex-Lax prob with some of the SF stuff too!

ZSU - I hear the sleepiness will wear off soon! Great job on the charity walk!

SHEANN - Glad you're able to sleep at night. Y'all have had a mild winter haven't you?

PRAVDA - Glad you're feeling better. Would love to hear more about growing up in Africa.

TV - Sorry to hear the report from your doctor wasn't good. My thoughts are with you.

NASCAR - Yeah that you're down! Your gonna be a Winston Cup girl when you get to Daytona!

DARAMUS - Sleep is so important to me! Sounds like you have had several years without some! Sending a lullaby your way!

BUSDEB - Almost 1/2 way to goal! YIPPEE!! Would like to ride English some to work on the lower body! Take a ride for me will ya!

ZANNE - Would like to find that computer gremlin and get rid of it!

SLAPHAPPY - You gotta hook-up with other board members in O-town!! You will make life-long friendships and the board will be more meaningful than ever! Employee of the year! What on honor!! Happy for you!

SOL - Glad your review was positive. We know how terrific you are, glad to know your bosses do too! Love the WDW coutndowns. It will be fun with everyone! I that Vince will walk it with you. It is such a meaningful experience, one worth sharing with others. And just think of the picture at the end! BTW - you do glow!

JRED - Hang in there with the up and down on the scale! We've all been there and will see you through!

HAMSM - You're making good progress!

ROSALIE - You're gonna really enjoy the Orlando get together. I wanna come too!

LAMAP - Like your dating philosophy. Good luck and have fun! This can really be an enjoyable time in your life.

AMADA - Sorry I goofed on the spelling of your name! Hope you're out there!

OK. That is all I can do for now! Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Peace,
FROG
Old 02-01-2002, 07:34 PM   #124  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Finally got some time to post-boy do I feel like I've been off of the board forever and not for just the day.

Didn't think I'd get my walk in this morning, was raining when I took the kids to school, but luckily stopped. I only walked today, no jogging-got a lovely blister on my heal that made me walk slower and painfully slow

Scale is up yet another lb, 3lbs in 2 days, 5lbs from my low-hope I'll see a downward trend soon!

The 11th graders event went off without a hitch-they had a great time and the rains basically stayed away.

Went to Penneys today to see what they had on sale. Got Michael a few things, one pair of sneakers orig. $65 got $19. I tried on a few items-I HATE SHOPPING FOR MYSELF! I tried on a pair of stretch capris-they feel so weird on my calves, plus, the size 4's were too big (trust me, they can't be true 4's)-I tried on a couple dresses in the petite sizes, I'm not a 6 for sure, more of an 8. Big on top I guess. One thing for sure, I WILL NEVER WEAR ANYTHING SLEEVELESS IN MY LIFE EVER AGAIN-I've never seen anything more gross then my arms!

Please forgive me if I don't answer everyone this evening. Eli is due home soon and I don't have the time to do so. I have read all the posts though I'll be back into the groove tomorrow (I hope).

BUSDEB, I know exactly what you are saying about the chocolate. Being a recovering Chocoholic I KNEW if I even tried to eat any at the beginning of SB I'd be in BIG trouble. That's why I steered clear of it for the first year. Now, it's not an issue with me. I think SB did a big disservice in not explaining that chocolate should not be eaten until at least being near your goal weight-not even high cocoa content. Sorta defeats the purpose of GETTING THE SUGAR OUT! I can get you a case of agave, but the shipping is about $10 for the one case. The store would be the same, as they would ship it via USPS, same as me. I think the only place on line who still has it is FRANKFERD FARMS. I just called SCF to see if I could get any word on how stock is there and who she may be able to suggest us trying to get it from on the web.

MELF, you KNOW we won't stay at that one weight and also that one day of eating isn't going to make you gain. As much as I WISH I could of stayed at the 118 a few weeks ago, I know that I should be happy with staying within that 5lb range. Have you determined what range you want to stay in? You had me laughing I loved your bobaganouse, made me think of BOB! It's funny, with ME foods, there's so many possible spellings of the same thing, sorta like Hanukah/Chanukah/Hanukkah! At home, we spell it baba ganoush

BOB, you THINK you're back on track-haven't I taught you anything at the DETOX DUNGEON You must say I AM BACK ON TRACK!!! Girls night out????

BETH, be careful with that malitol crap, in can make your stomach and bowels do flips! I don't suggest anyone having that stuff. CONGRATS on detoxing from the soda! Were you drinking regular MT. Dew? I met a lady who drinks 6 Cokes a day, which equals to 54 tsp of sugar! YUCK!

MEL, YOU'RE COMING TO TOWN!! WOO HOO!! Absolutely, most definitely I'll come up. Guess what's in Plantation-OLE OLE! Ask your Brother how far he is from Broward Mall on University and Broward Blvd. I can come up any day but the 28th, busy that day. If we can at least do lunch and Carbolite, if nothing else, that would be great!!! Sorry, tell them to go to the beach without you for one day!

JRED, if you're doing everything right, then just be patient, it will pay off!

HAPPY, CONGRATS ON YOUR BEING NAMED EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR!! How exciting! I was very much like you, and actually, feel I still am. I know if I have a bite of something off plan I won't be able to stop at one bite and will run in the completely opposite direction. It's bad enough when I make something SB LEGAL, I have no self-control! It's good that you recognize this, should help keep you on track. Don't tempt fate-stay away from the foods that drive you to go on a rampage!!! I split the pita in half

SOL, Eli LOVES fattoush! We'll probably have some tonight in fact. Great use for the old pita bread.

NANCE, picture brought back memories, huh? Vegas! Lucky you-I'm jealous!!!!

FROG, hope you got my e-mail-I can't wait to get a final word so we can start planning. Forgot to get the pictures from Kmart-will try over the weekend-should probably call them to see if they are even in-would help, I guess.

Okay, the big boy is home, no kids are though, so it's just us two. I'll try to post later, otherwise sometime tomorrow after garage sales.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. If I didn't get a personal post in to you today, I'm sorry, I truly was thinking about each and every one of you!!!

Toodles

Debbie
194/123/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 02-01-2002, 07:53 PM   #125  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default :)

HIya Everyone... TGIF and that it's almost OVER!! Work has been crazy today, and the only thing that kept me from pulling my hair out was the paycheck...(ok that and the lecture from my dad about being the only grandchild who inherited the curls, and what a shame... blah blah blah.. too much guilt..LOL!!)

Deb- Yup.. I was drinking about 80 - 100 ounces of REGULAR MOUNTAIN DEW EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!! Up until the DAY I started SB. I quit cold turkey exactly 12 days ago!!!! I've done GREAT!

Foodwise I've done AWFUL today... I never felt full. I kept it all SB legal, but good gawd I thought I'd chew off my fingers. TOM is approaching and once it gets here I'll be back to non-starvation-mode. (and I'll get rid of this bloat I have aquired in the last 2 days! UGH!!!)
I had... 2 eggs, about 3 servings of triscuits and cheese dip.(why yes I do want to vomit thanks for asking).. 2 bowls of salad, a piece of biscotti, a sugar free popsicle... I just never quit snacking. I guess if I add the calories, I didn't do too much damage, it just felt like I was. The fat was too high though. But hey... considering all the available snacks in my house... I'm kickin a$$ and taking names at staying LEGAL during PMS!!!
Tomorrow is another day... and I'll be on the road to Nashville to visit the outlaws. They'll probably take us out to eat for DH's birthday... I hope I can find something legal to eat!!! They love Chinese food... and SO DO I... if they take me there, what are my best options (I know I know.. NO rice! Duh..LOL) But Dish-wise, is there anything I can have that would be my best choice if that is where they take me? I love hot and sour soup... it has tofu in it... I love tofu, but is it legal??
I'm babbling again... geez I have diarrhea of the fingers lately.

No walk today.. it's rainy and cold and I have sick kids, can't leave them inside alone. DH is still at work. It's ok... I walked at work till I thought my legs would fall off today.

Deb you sound like me.... dresses have never fit me.. even when I was a 4 at 17 years old..LOL. I've always had bigger than a DD chest... so I have to wear pants and tops, no dresses or they hang down like maternity dresses... I'm not a dress kind of gal anyway. Most of my clothes are Lane Bryant Elemental Stretch button down tops, and pants.. and some knit pants... I'm a 16 tall.. I love their jeans and pants cause they fit right!!

Oh yeah... I recall someone on the board saying they were a Lane Bryant size 20... I have a Black Elemental Stretch (if you shop there, you know what I'm talking about) Blazer/Pants set. If you want it... pay to ship it and it's yours. I wore the suit twice and it's gorgeous!!! It was about $120. Looks great with any color button down under it. Too bad they don't sell it anymore, cause I'd love to have it in a 16! (actually... I'd LOVE to not be able to shop there anymore.. but as long as I have to.. I'd like one! LOLOL!) -Email me if you want the suit- [email protected]

Ok that's enough out of me.... Have a great weekend in case I don't get back

Later Losers ) *that's a GOOD thing!!*
Old 02-01-2002, 09:17 PM   #126  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

Just passing thru

DEB...I could have sworn that you said you were doing a girls night out last night! Guess I dreamed that one

FROGGIE...I'm trying to get to the gym 3 times a week..two for sure! I haven't gone as far as getting the leotard that threads thru the buttox area..I've seen a few, and if that's any inclination of what I would look like in one...NO THANKS!!!
Maybe since ELI can't come, he will let DEBBIE bring the machine I think between all of us, we could figure out how to make coffee drinks!

BETH...AM I GLAD TO HEAR THAT I HAVE HELP ON THIS BOARD DURING FOOTBALL SEASON!!!
I need to cut WAY BACK on my caffeine, but like I said, I am SO HOOKED on my STARBUCKS Got two coupons today in the mail from HEADQUARTERS

JRED....DON'T YOU JUST LOVE CSI??? I never miss it..I like the AGENCY too...but have to tape it because I watch ER too!!
CAN ANYONE SAY ADDICTED TO TV?????

TEN MONTHS OF NO SMOKING AS OF MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!!!!

HELLO everyone....don't mean to slight you, but I watch the JUDGES at 9pm and LAW & ORDER at 10pm....Have to get reclined!!!

Please have a great weekend...Mine will be spent here at home..must do some cleaning...PLUS....on the HALLMARK channel every SATURDAY in FEBUARY...THE NORTH AND THE SOUTH the complete saga is one...ONE OF MY FAVORITES....SO if anyone needs me...I'll be here!!

BOB
Old 02-01-2002, 09:23 PM   #127  

A quick post before I get off my tush, as my dd says, and ride my bike. The scales gave up the two pounds today, so I'm back to where I was on Tuesday. I hope my patience is winning out and the scales will keep on moving down.

The weather was crisp and sunny today. Hope all you ladies in the midwest and northeast aren't being hit too terribly bad by this storm that moseyd through the Lone Star State.

I woke up this morning thinking I was hearing a toilet running but discovered it was my FREEZER!!! The icemaker water valve had gone out and there was an inch of water on my kitchen floor.
We grabbed every towel downstairs and some blankets, too to soak up the water because our wet/dry vac tube was cut. At least DH was home to clean up the mess. That happened one day after the dryer quit heating. Luckily the same repairman was able to fix both appliances. We had an electrical switch out in the dryer. Now I just have to clean out the clean-out drain so the dishwasher will stop leaking from underneath! When I rains, it pours.

Hope you all have a restful, relaxing, replenishing weekend. I plan on it.

Keep on track and keep on losing!
Jeanie
196/168/130
Old 02-01-2002, 09:54 PM   #128  

Hi all!
Just a quick hello to all. Had a fairly good day today. Hope you all did also. Made reservations to go to Gatlinburg TN in June. Does anyone know anything to do in Gatlinburg other than Dollywood?
Hope you all have a great SB legal weekend!!
Sue
Old 02-01-2002, 10:27 PM   #129  
Little Engine That Could

Hello all. Had a pretty good day and was Sb legal with lots of veggies. Had a PB sandwich for lunch, but should probably cut that out because it makes me start craving illegal foods.

We went on a mini-vacation tonight by driving over to Winter Park and walking down the Avenue, looking in all the store windows and actually going into Restoration Hardware. Pottery Barn was just closing by the time we got to that store. We checked out a new chocolate candy store and the homemade icecream store, but resisted.

To welcome Beth to the board, and to remind Big Orange that the Gators are still mighty, I will sign off with this wonderful insignia.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:10 PM   #130  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HEY SLAP....Aren't you in luck...you just happen to be going to the OUTLET CAPITAL OF THE SOUTH!!! in PIGEON FORGE...about a ten minute drive down from GATLINBURG...GREAT SHOWS at the music theaters in PIGEON FORGE too.. GATLINBURG is mostly little shops that are WAY TO EXPENSIVE, but it's so much fun to look around and touch everything..Pssssst...I won't tell Debbie if you happen to wander into the SMOKEY MOUNTAIN TAFFEY SHOPPE
You will encounter the world's best taffey and without a doubt the best caramel apples you will ever have in your lifetime!
Park at the city auditorium and walk all the way one side and back the other..
CHRISTUS GARDENS...the storey of Christ
Go up on the mountain..they may have the fake snow on the ground and you can ski...
Ride the TRAM up the mountain...
Go over to MAGGIE VALLEY and CHEROKEE...and DON'T go via the interstate...go across the SMOKIES..once on the other side..you'll be in Cherokee (Indian Reservation) and then follow the signs over to Maggie Valley...You won't be sorry...There is a MULTITUDE of things to do in the area...I'll let you know when I think of more!

BOB
Old 02-02-2002, 07:58 AM   #131  

Default Saturday

Morning Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days been busy! Had a Dr's appt. and all is going well! (If I forgot to tell you I'm trying to have a baby)

Frog - I''m gonna check those dates to be sure it's not Talledega weekend; if not I'm planning on coming and meeting all of you wonderful ladies! Ok, a winston cup gal? Ya know those chick are models! I don't think I'll ever be that thin!

Daramus - Maybe you need more water. Sometimes that could be mistaken for hunger. our tummies don't really know the difference. If you drink the water and in about 30 min you are still hunry then chance are you may need to eat. Especially if 8 hrs has past since your last meal. Hang in there!

Sol - The lady from Frankferd farms called me thursday at work and said they were out temporarily so I told her to call me that I wanted a case. It is on sale $22 and some change for a case.
She's to call me back once they get it in. Ya know I'm counting down the days! It will be hectic there not time to do much. I wish I could meet up with some of you! But Daytona will be a nightmare to drive in for race week! I look forward to the Oct. trip that is if it's not Talledega weekend. If you want to go to that one let me know I may be able to swing the tickets for next year we get 4. They are great seats!

Deb - I got a sample from Golden tropical The shipped me a jar for free to try! The cheese cake was delicious! my Stepson loved it! of course DH has not tried it yet. He's not a sweet eater! I think my oven cooked faster than most so it's a tad bit dry on edges but yummy! How much is the shipping on the Agave? I may want to get some until the Frankferd farms stock comes in(hopefully).

TV - hang in there! I too have had those female problems that's why I'm where I'm at now! Trying to have a baby!! Thank goodness you have 2 little angles already!

Take care!
Going shopping today Rich's is having a sale and I have to get some wedding gifts!
Old 02-02-2002, 09:20 AM   #132  

Talking Saturday AM Post

Good Morning Busters!

Went to Longhorn for dinner with DH last evening. Had a little fried shrimp appetizer then a grilled chicken salad. YUM!

Then mosied over the bookstore and bought the Body For Life book. Have some questions for Mel about that later in the post.

Too early today to have heard from Allison about the beach dates yet. But, given the information I have - being one of those 2 weeknds in October, 10-13 or 17-20, Who thinks they will come? I am so excited I am chomping at the bit to know! DEB and I have been emailing each other about some FUN ideas for that weekend and will spill the beans when we make some decisions. One that I will toss out is a massage therapist from here (she is my massage person and she is also Allison's SIL) who has been soing SB and Somersizing may be available for massages at the beach. She will bring her massage table and supplies and set up on the 3rd floor. Just think of it ladies, a massage with REAL ocean sounds, not just coming out of the speakers! Ahhhh... Anyway, I asked her the rate she would chage for that weekend and she said $20.00 for a 1/2 hour and $40.00 an hour. More deatils later, but a schedule would be made for the weekend for those interested in this form of pampering! I have had numerous massages with her and think she is GREAT! I know y'all were hoping for a naked male masseuse (sp?), but "that ain't happening!"

So, who thinks they are coming to beautiful NC in the fall?

Need to clean this junky house today. Plan to get BUSY! in here after this post!

MEL - I probably have the most questions for you about BFL. I came home last night after 9:00 and practically read the book before going to bed! Here are my MANY questions!

1. Are you trying any of the supplements? If so, how do they taste and is there much sugar? Do you think the supplements are safe and that you can achieve the same results without using them?

2. How long have you been doing it?

3. What changes are you seeing?

4. Are you doing your own skin-fold tests or having someone do them for you?

5. Can you believe the before and after photos of these people?

6. Did you buy his other book too? If so, do you find it helpful?

7. Do you personally know anyone who's done this?

8. What do you know about maintenance?

9. Anything else you'd like to say?

Thanks for entertaining all of my questions MEL! I've got 11 weeks until my first bathing suit appearance and I think I'm gonna do the challenge and may enter the contest! I think that may keep me focused.

SLAPHAPPY - I found some sites on Google you may want to try for info on Gatlinburg. Galtinburg Info 1 and Gatlinburg Info 2 . Hope these are helpful! Look for info on Cades Cove too.

Have a happy Saturday everyone. WIll check back in later!

Peace,
FROG
Old 02-02-2002, 10:02 AM   #133  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking 27 DAYS AND COUNTING.....

27 DAYS TILL REGISTRATION FOR THE WDW MARATHON AND HALF MARATHON!!!!!

34 DAYS UNTIL MARIE HITS O-TOWN TO MEET THE FLORIDA BABES!!

Good Saturday Morning, Ladies!!!

Today will be my longest day ever - I'm planning to walk 5.5 miles today. I'll keep up with my time, but I will not worry about what it is or try to go fast - just get through the mileage without dying and having to crawl back to the house - or worse, call my neighbor to come pick me up because I can't get home. I hope my foot doesn't give me fits today. I'm also thinking of taking an extra water bottle, but that would be 3 of 'em and I already look like a total goober out there.

NASCAR - Are you talking about getting us tickets to Talladega this year or Daytona next year? We're tapped out on funds this year because we're going to the Gator Nationals, but I would LOVE to go with you to the 500 next year! BTW, we just got our new checks in the mail from www.checksunlimited.com = our NASCAR checks! We have to finish the Garfield checks before we can start using them though.

SLAPHAPPY WHOO HOO!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Employee of the YEAR!!! That's awesome! Don't know much about Gatlinburg, but I do know my grandparents love going up there and we've had quite a few friends honeymoon up there.

FILLISE - Kick your feet up and let Miss Belle comfort you. I'll bet you overdid it in your preparations for the big dinner and now that it's over your body is going - Whew! NOW we can rest! I do know what you mean about being sick and thinking I deserve to eat whatever I want because I don't feel good. My biggest problem is that there just aren't many soups to choose from in the store that are legal and when you're sick you don't want to fix anything. I do make French Onion Soup now and it's quick and easy, but I sure do miss my Chicken Corn Chowder and Chunky Beef & Vegetable Soups when I'm wanting comfort soups. I hope you feel better soon!

FROG I don't think I'll be able to make the beach gathering much as I would like to.....but I'll be at the WDW Marathon! I am jealous of that massage, though - I'd probably buy her for a few hours - even though she's not a handsome nakkked man!

BETH My Meister used to drink about 5 Mt. Dews at work, but he cut that down to 1 or 2 Diet Mt. Dews - I don't think I could go cold turkey on the caffeine. You ahve my utmost respect!

DEBBIE We also bought some Caradmom to add to our coffee, but can't get the amount down. I added 1/4 tsp to my coffee before brewing it, but I can't taste it. It smells so strong you'd think it wouldn't take much. We had some Cardamom coffee a few years ago and haven't found it since - and we loved it. I have a co-worker who's from Turkey and he gets a kick out of 'sampling' our attempts to cook ME food. He said I should add tomato paste and less water to the lamb and veggies dish next time. I think we'll be having fatoush quite frequently here - Vince loves it too! He made a whole big ole bowl of it and by the time I got in there to eat most of it was gone! I guess he could be mowing on worse things.

BOB We faithfully tape CSI, The Agency and Alias every week! Getting frustrated with the freaking re-runs though. Why the heck do they do that?!?!?

Ooops! I hear the cartoons - that means I've been online too long! Gotta go clean house!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!

Last edited by SolShine; 02-02-2002 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-02-2002, 12:15 PM   #134  
Goddess

Cool Saturday Monring (hack, hack... SNEEZE)

Ugh, feeling worse today. Sore throat and chills. I have a little work to do, but then I think I'll crawl back into bed.

I left the house yesterday, so I gave into the "poor little me" syndrome. I really don't think i'm going anywhere today.

I made a breakfast burrito this morning with scrambled egg, a little melted cheese and a WW tortilla. It was good, quick, and oh-so easy. I'll probably make some pastina for lunch. Am forcing liquids today--mostly hot green tea.

Sol--speaking of soups. My Italian grandmother used to make pastina when anyonew as sick. It has been passed down and is known as "Italian penicillian" in our family. Hint it is the same as chicken noodle soups except instead of noodles, we use the star pastina. I was thrilled to discover recently in the Glycemic revolution GI list that star pastina was something like 38 on the glycemic index. All you do is heat up a little chicken broth (or even bullion) and put in a tablespoon of pastina for each serving you want to make. Use whatever seasonings you want and presto you have a good soup. BTW, this is also good for the stomach flu--you can usually keep this down when you can't keep down anything else. My mother makes it whenever someone she knows is on chemo therapy and is having trouble keeping food down--for a while there she was keeping half the neighborhood alive on the stuff!

BOB, Gator,and Missy--that wailing sound you hear is all them BAMA fans learing about the wages of sin! If you read the NCAA memo, it is clear that the vote on the death penalty was close--they ought to thank their lucky stars they escaped. But now they have to be good for 5 whole years. I'm thinking they won't make it

Here is my plug for the beach weekend. NC beaches are GORGEOUS in October! It will still be warm, but not hot--and you will only share the beach with the fishermen. Go if you can---I'd be there in a second if I could!

Nascar--I'm crossing my fingers on the baby making! I think Winston-cup girl is NOT out of the question!

Jred--my sympathies. My washing machine loves to spew water on my kitchen floor every so often. The roto rooter man is one of my best friends!

Beth--If Nance doesn't take you up on that LB pantsuit, I might. I'm thrilled to be a size 20 (When I began SB I was wearing any thing from a 26-32). Now I am in the 20-22 range depending on the cut of the clothes. All the 24s I bought last year are about to fall off me.

UG--I have to get my work done so I can get into bed. You would know this is the one Sat. in ages it has been pretty and i can't go out and enjoy it!

Susan
300/238/150
Old 02-02-2002, 12:36 PM   #135  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Smile Mornin Ya'll :)

Good Saturday Morning!!

Got the boys registered for ball this morning. Corey's 10 and is playing his second year of "kid pitch" and Andrew is 4 and this is his first season ever!! Don't you LOVE T-Ball... all those tiny kiddo's in uniforms running with the bat still in their hand, with that big helmet bobbing on their heads, and usually going the Wrong Way!! I'm Soooooooo looking forward to being a TBall mom again. I adore baseball!!! I don't like to watch any sport but Baseball!!!

Nascar Girl - DH Was born and raised in the Nashville/Brentwood area. He grew up around the corner from Bobby Hamilton and his dad still races in Nashville. He knows a LOT of the "old timers" in racing, and has just purchased his first race car. ( Boy am I gonna keep tabs on the $$$ he spends, so I can get new clothes while I shrink!!!) We go to Talladega every year, as Keebler is a sponsor and has a box. Last Talladega race, they were sponsors of Tony Stewart ( I love that guy, he is exactly like me!!!) and he came up and autographed a CheezIt box for Dave. This year they dumped Tony for Terry Labonte.... what the **** were they thinking? Dump number 3 for number oh-my-gosh-i-don't-have-enough-toes-to-count-that-high??? But oh well. Lots of folks don't like TS cause of his brash nature, but I'm a LOT like him in personality and I respect his decision to be himself and not act fake and PC because of anyone watching him. He is who he is.. I love it.

Fillise - It's a gorgeous pantsuit... I'm guessing you're familiar with the Elemental Stretch material. It's not shiny, but it is "forgiving" and wears so comfortably... it's yours if you want it. Nobody else has asked.

Well, I'm off to get our stuff ready to head to Nashville to see the outlaws... everyone have a lovely weekend and happy losing
Closed Thread