Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When do you find yourself to be the hungriest?
EARLY MORNING 2 5.88%
MID-MORNING 5 14.71%
NOONISH 1 2.94%
MID-AFTERNOON 8 23.53%
EARLY EVENING 5 14.71%
EVENING 5 14.71%
LATE EVENING 7 20.59%
MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT 0 0%
I CAN'T PICK ONE! CONTINUOUSLY-24/7! 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 08:19 AM   #91  

Default thursday

Trying again; my post was lost Well I am proud to report a loss on the scale!! I guess it's the TM walking!
Congrads to all those who lost this week! Looks like we may have lost a small person amoungst us!

Well I'm tired for some reason I don't know why, I've already completed the 5:30 AM walk!
I think I didn't sleep too well last night so that could have added to it!

Made the world famous Deb's cheese cake last night and it's waiting for me to try it today at lunch! I finally got a small container of agave. I'm still looking fo it though. Frankferd farms never responded to my email.

Well better get to work everyone have a great day!

started SB 10/01
178.5/177.5/140
Old 01-31-2002, 09:06 AM   #92  

Good morning everyone! I'm very tired this morning I got up at least 3 times last night, and I'm feeling it this morning. I think a good portion of my weight was put on in the middle of the night over the past couple years. I don't know why, but I have slept through the night about a total of only 12 times in the past 2 years! I can't even remember the last time I had 8 hour of uniterrupted sleep. A "good" night is one in which I get up only once. Since i've been on SB, I have managed to stop the "night eating," but for some reason last night I decided to eat a bowl of cereal (kashi). I was genuinely hungry so I decided to go ahead and eat. Anyway, I'm going to make some coffee so I can wake up.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:25 AM   #93  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

Got in from my jog/walk already-had my third best time yet, 44:56-not too shabby with it being hot, humid and a bit windy out there today!

I was looking back on my jogging and when I started trying to get in small spurts of jogging back in May (adn thinking I was dying in trying!). Having the WC Program, I can easily look back in the entries I made and was quite surprised to see just how far I have come. It means a lot when, even as a kid in Elementary School, I couldn't run when we had to for PE and to see where I was just 8 months ago to where I am today, for me, seems unbelievable. Thought I'd just share some of my entries with you all-hope I'm not boring you!

May 10, 2001-Did 4.5 miles today, 1 mile jogged, broken down in 5 spurts. Did it all in 58 1/2 minutes.

May 14, 01-Jogged longer than ever before. Did 4.5 miles in 57.15-not too bad

May 21, 01-Did 4.5 miles this morning with 11 short bursts of jogging, time was 56.15, my best yet.

June 8, 01-NEW BEST TIME-Best walk/jog time yet for 4.5 miles, 53:08!

June 27,01-NEW NEW NEW BEST WALK/JOG TIME!!! Did 4.5 miles in 52:01!!!! WOW, that's really unbelievable! I beat my other best time by 1 minute 7 seconds!! WOO HOO!

July 16-01-NEW BEST WALK/JOG TIME!!! Can't believe it, that I beat yesterdays best time by over 1/2 a minute! I did the 4.5 miles with 17 jogs in 50:56-awesome!!!!

July 31,01-BEST WALK/JOG EVER! I can't believe I was able to beat my best time before this! It's OVER 1 1/2 minutes BETTER than my last best time! I did 18 jogs in a time of 49:21! Right under an 11 minute mile!

Oct 3, 01-NEW BEST WALK/JOG TIME EVER! 48:59 and even got in a 1 mile jog!!!!

Oct, 23,01-NEW BEST WALK/JOG TIME!!!! Was running late getting back from taking Michael to school, Eli left early and I had to get in my walk fast, or make it short. I did my 17 jogs, some combined lengths, in 48:31, 28 seconds better than my previous best time!

Oct 28, 01-NEW BEST WALK/JOG TIME!!!! Umbelievable-I did it in 47:27, over a minute faster than my previous best time last week :

Nov. 25, 01-NEW BEST WALK/JOG TIME! 46:23 which beats my previous best time by 1 min 4 seconds!!!!!

Dec. 26, 01-New best jog/walk time: 46:13

Jan. 07, 01-Best walk/jog time ever, 44:20, almost 2 minutes less than my previous best time!

I am up 2lbs from yesterday. Though I know I ate way to much in all departments I know it would not cause me to gain 2lbs overnight, I think I owe this to hormones and being the fact it's day 14 of my cycle-hoping to see it go down next week as it usually does. At least I'm not feeling like I did yesterday, wanting to eat everything in sight and nothing filling me up.

Found a delicious bread yesterday at the HFS. It's made by a bakery up in (where else) BROWARD called GERMAN BREAD HAUS. I've seen other types of their breads, but first time I saw this one. It's called COUNTRY POWER and is a WHOLE GRAIN RYE BREAD Ingred. are SG Organic Whole Grain Rye, Orangine Wheat Flour, Oat Bran, Water, Vinegar, Spices, Liquid Aminos and Kosher Salt. A 1.3oz slice is onlu 75 calories and has 3 grams fiber-delicious! I'm going to call and see if they have a regular place open to the public next time we go up that way on. They even have printed on the back that the grains are milled daily on the premises! Cool!

HAPPY, tell DH that you aren't nuts, that you are meeting a group of friends in person, you already know them on the board! Any time I've gotten together with either 1 person, or a group from the board, it's been like seeing someone I haven't seen in a long time, not ackward as meeting someone you don't know at all. Ask any of the gals that met earlier this month and they'll all say the same thing. All skinny, LOL! Don't we wish! Besides, who cares, we aren't wanting to meet each other to see who has the most to lose, it's really just a way to connect to each other that much more and solidify the on-line/board friendships that we've already been able to establish. Trust me, when you come, you'll feel like you have belonged forever! Thanks for the name of the bldg, I had a blast there-in front of those carnival mirrors, I was in stitches!!! LOL!!

LAMAP, good going on the swimming! That's great that you are exploring all the options you have when it comes to men. I think, with age and experience, you can easily take your time and be selective, choosey, discreet, etc. It's not like we were when we were younger, I think with maturity comes lots more options. Have fun and enjoy yourself-if Mr. Right comes along, you'll know it!

FROG, thanks for posting AMADA'S post on this board

AMADA, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! I'm sure you will find the support you are looking for here-as we all have. The gals are great and more than willing to help answer any questions you may have-so don't be shy. Thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD, it's always nice to learn more about our current board members!

QUILTER, okay, stick me on your arse instead of your shoulder this weekend, I can kick you when you get out of line! I just think weekends are probably harder for most because they aren't kept busy as they are at work, and being home, with access to the fridge wrecks havoc with some people-the change in the 5 day routine just turns some into feeding machines. Do your best and that's all you can do

NASCAR, CONGRATS on your loss and for keeping up with the walking. Let me know how you like the cheesecake! Remember, you can get the agave from the guy down here, but once again, it's the shipping that's costly-finding it locally is definitely better. How'd you find the one bottle??

DARAMUS, hope you can conquer your sleeping problem, not good when you can't sleep-I'd be miserable-and *****y to boot!

Well, I'm going to go, for now. I'll be back on later to post a few recipes. I have so many, it's hard for me to decide which to post. I try to post ones I've already tried, but since you all know how much I "love" cooking sometimes that's hard. I'll see what I can find between now and then.

Have a wonderful day!

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-31-2002, 11:15 AM   #94  
Little Engine That Could

Well, I'm down a pound. but since last week I was up a pound, I'm even!!! LOL

SlapHappy--No, we definitely are not svelte down here in Orlando. Debbie is, but she has been on SB for a while, and you can get inspiration from her when you see what SB accomplished. So you can feel very safe in coming. Furthermore, we don't judge anyone, but just give support. We are in person like we are on the board.

My husband was kinda like your husband, wondering if I was crazy meeting some people I had just "met" on the internet. Only kooks do that, right? Anyway, after our first meeting, he actually joined right in, and went out with our group to dinner. He had a very good time, and was able to meet some people with whom he had other interests in common. And my husband is very conservative! So your husband might just give it a try, and join the crowd.

Re. whether I will be able to come on that weekend, someone needs to give me the dates again. Somehow I missed out on all the plans and am in left field about it. We are going to Cuba for 6 days coming up this spring, and I have also accepted the responsibility to speak at a conference this spring, for which there will be several planning meetings. So I'm starting to get maxxed out. Hopefully I can fit it in.

As far as other things to do in Central Florida, it depends on what you like to do. If you pretty much just like the touristy (fill in the blank)-World park type of thing, anything down on International Drive, Disney, MGM, Planet Hollywood, etc., etc. is available. You can spend weeks visiting all those parks. I think Sea World (another World!) is one of the best because it comes the closest to being real. You've got real animals, and you can get close enough to some of them to touch them. But, of course, we don't have too many penguins or walruses here in Florida otherwise. And I don't have a dolphin leaping in my backyard fishpond! LOL With all the attractions in that International Drive-Disney area, you can see why Orlando is a big tourist center.

If you need to come up for air and get away for some more sedate and quiet R & R, the little village of Winter Park is quaint with its cute shoppes, brick streets, central park and good restaurants. There also are guides who will take you on a fishing trip in one of the many big lakes around here. There are bike trails, and even a winery to visit. With your grandchildren, though, Rosalie, I think you probably will be 100% in the park scene.

Gotta go. I did well on my French test last night. I still haven't heard back from the person from Uganda. Catlover I am taking a golf lesson tomorrow. I'm not sure what it will be on. I need help in several areas. Today is just for housework, laundry, some studying, and cooking a good dinner.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:50 PM   #95  

Hello Everyone!

WELCOME AMANDA!!!

I am stuck inside for a while. We had an ice storm last night and are supposed to have another tonight with snow on top of that. At least I am one of the lucky ones that still have power. So today, I am going to plan my meals and snacks for next week. Maybe if I plan everything, I will do better in eating the amounts of veggies, fruits, protein, etc that I'm supposed to eat. In the past I have just been waiting until the time came and finding something.

Debbie: Thanks for posting your information on your walk/jogs. You should be very proud. It just shows how far you have come. Soon, you'll be jogging half of the 4.5 miles. I saw your pictures on the Photo Board. At your heaviest, is that when you started on SB? I look at your progress (I think we were about the same weight, unless I'm thinking of someone else) and it helps me to know that I can do it too. Also, seeing Filiese and Lamap and Melf and everyone else that has done so well. You are all a real inspiration. Thanks again for your help and support.

Daramus: Sorry to hear about your interrupted nights. I know how you feel. I'm up 5 or 6 times a night. Not eating, but up and down anyway. I do have to say, that since I have been on SB this past 3 weeks, I have slept better and not had to get up quite so often. Hope things get better for you and you start getting a great nights sleep.

Well, I'm going to plan next weeks meals. Everyone take care.

Sheann
287/277/150
Old 01-31-2002, 01:19 PM   #96  

I am feeling so much better today. Thanks for all the concern. I am not planning on going anywhere on my vacation. I am going to rest and clean house and work out side. My ds birthday is on Monday, he will be 9. And his party is on the 9th, so I will be planning for that!

I still did not make it to the gymn last nite. Dh didnt get back from church until almost 9p. So, I just ate dinner and went to bed.

Well, I guess that is enough for now.
Pravda
Old 01-31-2002, 01:25 PM   #97  
Little Engine That Could

Well, I found out about the e-mailer from Uganda. Her name is Fiona, and she like to eat traditional dishes, such as bean stew with bananas. She also eats normal food (normal to us) such as fried chicken, tea, toast and sandwiches.
Anyway, she got my name off of the French language website, and I believe she got it inadvertantly, thinking she was posting something on a discussion board. I gave her detailed info on how to get to the spots she would probably want, and hope that she can navigate to the correct URL. I got the idea that she was not very computer comfortable at all.
Might be interesting to correspond with someone from Uganda, but I just don't have the time. If anyone is interested in an African pen pal, I'll send you the e-mail address.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:40 PM   #98  

GatorGal-

I would be interested in a pen pal from Africa. I grew up in Africa! Thanks
Pravda
Old 01-31-2002, 04:03 PM   #99  

Thumbs down

hi everybody,

have had a good week, staying sb legal has not been too much of a problem. i find that planning is the key. one of the doc's bought pizza the other day and for once i did not feel deprived. i had a nice salad and a sandwich, then for dinner that nite i got my heavens bistro pizza, i find that some days i do eat more carbs than i should but at least i am legal.

the girls at work are really into the walking and doing some of these mini walks around the county, i guess i will drag out my ortho knee brace and catch up! i may not be ready for the wdw but after the fun we had last january i will definitely be in orlando to cheer the rest on!

zsu is off the weekend in march for the get together in orlando, so i hope she will drive over with me, if not deb can i stick out my thumb on I-95 and hitch a ride? it will be fun to see everyone again. slaphappy my husband too wondered about my going to meet people "from the internet" but as i walked into sonya's house i knew these women were my friends and that i had known them for a long time. the support and caring from this board is what helps me on a day to day basis meet the challenges of eating legal. i may not post everyday but knowing you guys are out there really helps me stay on track!

i am off tomorrow, will be going to orlando to bring the big guy home for the weekend. he wants to see his little sis play basketball sat. morning. or the real reason is he needs money or
has a slew of laundry!

hope everybody is feeling better, weather here is beautiful 78 degrees with a nice breeze, perfect florida weather.

chris
Old 01-31-2002, 04:40 PM   #100  

Hello strangers! Been MIA for a couple of days, but am trying to catch up.

Well, I got the dreaded phone call (I really, REALLY wanted the blue card). The pap is showing moderate dysplasia. The nurse is having me come in for one of those “long visit” consultations. I had told the doc when I went in last week that if anything showed up that could possibility lead to really bad stuff, that I preferred that it all be removed. I have been waiting to see how this turned out before scheduling a tubal anyway. I had 2 major “female” operations when I was younger, so I’ve had my share of problems. Those organs have served their purpose and now I just don’t need them anymore. I have 2 beautiful boys that really need their mommy and I’m not willing to take any chances, whatsoever! The nurse said that the Dr. told her to tell me specifically that he wanted to discuss a hysterectomy. I think he was relaying to me that he was willing to go along with my expressed wishes. He seemed to think I was being drastic when I was in the office, now it seems he has changed his tune… we’ll see – I go in on the 12th unless he has a cancellation for a “long visit” before then.

Really wanted to respond personally to everyone, but time doesn’t permit. I worked a 16-hr. day yesterday because of a huge project that had to be completed and I’m exhausted! Gotta run for now.

CYA,
tv
Old 01-31-2002, 05:33 PM   #101  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Thought I'd get in a post long before Eli was due home.

Finally got the YEAR 2000 RECIPE BOARD put together. All the recipes from our first year are on there. It's not a full year since we didn't start a recipe board until May, but it's there! Now, instead of having to bring up 7 months of boards, I have just one. When I get some time I'll do the same for our 2001 recipe boards. Just wondering if I should do it in two parts, first 6 months and the following 6 months-or just do one board for the entire 2001 year-ANY THOUGHTS??

Was able get a few recipes posted on the recipe board today

GATOR, thanks for the skinny plug-wish I felt like I was deserving of it. Getting together on the 9th for sure, which is a Sat., though I'm planning on staying until Sunday. Cuba, does that mean you are coming to Miami? That's what we tend to call Miami these days. Hey, it's 90 miles closer than the real Cuba. What the heck are you going to do there?

SHEANN, ice, cold-what's that? We're dying down here-send some cool weather our way PALEEESE!!! Our newest member AMADA is also from MICHIGAN I see-are you close by each other? Actually, I jog probably 4 out of the 4.5 miles I end up doing Sure didn't start out that way. I'd start jogging and get maybe 20 feet before I thought I was going to faint. Each day I got a little farther. Never thought I'd be doing what I am doing today. My "fat pic" was taken almost 18 years ago, right before I got my stomach stapled and weighed in at a weight of 284lbs I don't have any picture of myself when I started SB at 194-I thought I'd just be screwing up again. If I took a picture each time I started a diet in the past I'd have more than a photo album or two packed! I went to 2 affairs at the beginning of my SB ODYSSEY and would love to try and get a copy of either picture-will try. I do have a picture taken early June 2000 and what a difference I see between then and now. I don't see it much in the mirror, but pictures speak volumes to me.

PRAVDA, I hope you have a good vacation and take some time for yourself to relax and maybe get into somewhat more of a routine that you can enjoy and look forward to. Have a good time at your DS's party!!!

BIGK, congrats on resisting the pizza the Dr.'s got. With once owning a pizzeria it amazes me that I don't crave it. I guess with being able to have a pita pizza when I want it helps. People can't believe I haven't eaten pizza since I started SB, knowing how I use to eat it before. That's great ZSU is off that weekend in March-of course, if you end up needing a ride up you let me know, though I am going to try and get up there on a Friday evening-leaving as early as we did on Saturday to get up there was tiring Have a good trip to get your son tomorrow, enjoy him while he's home!

TV, boy, it sounds like you have some decisions to make. I'm sure you've pondered all the information and will make the choice that suits you well. I think your way of thinking is good and it seems that your Dr may have realized that. Whatever the decisions are that you make, please know we are here for you in any way and are ready to help any way we can Your boys are very lucky to have such a level-headed Mom!

Well, that's about it for me, for now at least. You know I'm never at a loss of words I'll probably hit the hay again early, will watch THE PRICE IS RIGHT special and then go to bed. I have a busy morning tomorrow and may not get on til afternoon. I'm volunteering for an event for the 11th graders who are having a picnic at one of the families homes that live in what's called HORSE COUNTRY and I got 125 subs to p/u at Subway in the morning (even got those donated!), so if I don't get on in the morning, I surely will in the afternoon.

Have a great evening!

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-31-2002, 06:04 PM   #102  

Default Thursday afternoon

Hey All,

I have to say I feel so good since I finally got my act together. I just can't figure out what took me so long. I must say chocolate of any form will never cross my lips again. That is what started the whole thing and once I started I couldn't stop. I know now that I have a terrible addiction and I just can not handle even a bite. Thank you all for the encouragement .

DEB......at a loss for words......WHEN **** FREEZES OVER. I am out of agave syrup. If you or anyone else knows of some places to order on the net ......please let me know. Thanks

TV........I am glad you finally found out where the problem lies. I think the decision you have made will be a good one for you. I love life a lot better since I had my hystorectomy. I am a much better person to live with also. It will probably help a lot with your mood swings. I thought I heard someone mention a new job for you ......did you change jobs?

Big K......wtg girl for staying on plan. I would think that being in an office like that with other ppl eating whatever would make things difficult...so I am so proud of you. They will be jealous as you continue to drop those pds.

Pravda......enjoy your vacation and wish your ds a happy birthday from the SB gals.

Sheann......I am with Deb....send some cooler temps down this way. It has seemed like spring all week and as much as I love it I know we are in for some bad stuff when this happens. I predict a snow or ice storm for sometime in Feb....just hope it is not the last weekend as we are heading to Gatlinburg then.

Gatorgal....congrats on lossing the pound you picked up.

Daramas......I can not sympathize with you about lost sleep....when I finally hit the hay.....I sleep all night long until my 5am alarm goes off. I think it has something to do with the country air we have here. Also working at the barn ....all the pysical labor helps too. I am proud of you for sticking with us. Keep up the good work ......you will enjoy the results.

Frog......good to see you. If I was there I volunteer for a wieght lift partner. I need one too!!

To all others hello and I will see ya later. I am going out with the girls tonight ....so it will be a fun night for me.

Smiles,
Debbie
Old 01-31-2002, 06:26 PM   #103  

Default Hello Everyone

Would love to respond individually, but I just don't have the time today. I feel like I'm always up to the ears with things to do that just can't be put off, so I scanned the board real quick.

Looks like WIW wasn't too bad for most. Congrats to all the losers. Those of you that stayed the same or gained, have faith & continue to put out the effort to do this WOE & it will happen.

I was back at 135 yesterday & today, so can't claim that new low any longer, but I WILL persist. Seems like yesterday was a day of cravings. Guess I ate something I shouldn't have. Anyway, there was no time to eat much of anything today, so I'm heading for the kitchen before DH gets home.

BOB , I'm gone cook some chicken! Your favorite!

MEL , looks like you'll catch up with me soon! WTG!

Debelli , You're so sweet to put all those recipes onto one board! I think that will really make it nice when we go to retrieve a recipe, that we don't have to go from one board to another! I haven't forgotten that you asked for the Chocolate Cheese Cake recipe I mentioned aroung the holidays. Will try to post it after supper tonight. I made some Bobaganose yesterday. I LOVE that stuff!

Later ya'll,
174/135/135
Old 01-31-2002, 07:02 PM   #104  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

MELF...I fixed chicken Sunday night and thought about you while turning the little cluckers!!!

SLAP...Don't worry....I'm bring my big ole arse with me...I've been meeting these people for a year now.....I'm still the same size..I've been loosing and gaining the same three pounds all along...just can't pull myself away from these people though...
Once you know them....you're hooked!!
I'm back on track I think..I'm not telling nothin until I see everyone in March...SO...come on...

DEB...you and DARAMUS should have called each other last night...Since both of you were already up!
Where are you going on you GIRLS NIGHT OUT???

ROSALIE...no doubt in my mind that you will find something to do in Otown...Didn't get to the gym today, kinda feel a little guilty!

Went to SAVEALOT this afternoon and bought some fruit...also got some avacados (haas) for $.69 ...can't wait for them suckers to get ripe!

Anyone just watch the NBC NEWS??? My mothers cousin JOHN DEAVER was on there! Disabled vets are banning together about their benefits...He lives in Knoxville...Couldn't belive my eyes or ears...ANYONE WANT MY AUTOGRAPH????

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 01-31-2002 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:10 PM   #105  

Thumbs down Beach Dates for October

Get out your sunglasses ladies!

I talked to Allison today and we've narrowed down the beach house to one of 2 weekends, I'll know for sure NLT Saturday. Looks like we have a reservation for 10-13 (Thurs-Sat) or the following weekend 17-20. We will have to take the one we are given, so hope that both will work out for most. My bet is on the 10-13. The rate for the house is $150.00 per night which will be divided among attendees. There is also a MINIMAL amount of check-out cleaning that we'll need to do, no big deal though. Allison will also be joining us for the weekend. Y'all will enjoy her!

The house is in Atlantic Beach, NC and additonal plans for payment and "reservations" with me will be forthcoming, as will some other ideas DEB and I have been talking about for the weekend.

Now, I said "LADIES" and I do mean LADIES. Sorry gentleman (ah hem... Daramus - I think you're our only male at the time) this is a Ladies's retreat only. Hope you understand. We'll have to plan a mixed company get together some other time.

Please don't hestitate to send me any ideas or questions. More tomorrow!

Peace,
FROG
Closed Thread