Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When do you find yourself to be the hungriest?
EARLY MORNING 2 5.88%
MID-MORNING 5 14.71%
NOONISH 1 2.94%
MID-AFTERNOON 8 23.53%
EARLY EVENING 5 14.71%
EVENING 5 14.71%
LATE EVENING 7 20.59%
MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT 0 0%
I CAN'T PICK ONE! CONTINUOUSLY-24/7! 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 01:00 PM   #136  

Hello all I hope I'm welcome to come on this board. I've posted for quite awhile at low carbs board. But got off the plan and on the plan and off the plan. You know how it goes. But I've had the SB book for along time and I would like to give it a really good try. I sat down and read it this morning after I had got on my scale and was horrified to see my weight. I also have severe coronary artery disease which makes my weight a real risk factor for me. I've got along ways to go and have just got to get a handle on this. So anyway here I go. I'll have allot to read to catch up on who everyone is. Oh yea I'm a 53 year old, married woman with three grown children and three grandsons. I live in the beautiful hills of the Ozarks of Missouri. I've got a least 85 lbs to lose. So here I go.......... Toni

Starting weight 215
goal weight 130
Old 02-02-2002, 01:52 PM   #137  
"I'm working on it!"

Exclamation Checkin' In

Good Afternoon All!

Haven't had a chance to read the board, but thought I'd better check in. Had our first winter storm on Thursday! Yesterday was really bad winds.

Just got back from our 3rd meal out this week. I think we've passed our quota for the year!

Overall, I think I've eaten well. Tuesday's dinner, the only "cheat" I had was one small roasted red potato. Today's breakfast my only "cheat" was a half slice of lemon poppyseed cake. Last night was the whopper tho. Buffet dessert! WOW! All the tempting cakes. Took a couple of slices of cake and a bowl full of fruit. One cake turned out to be mocha cheesecake--left it on the plate, I'm not a big cheesecake fan. The other slice had lots of icing which I left most of, ate the cake part tho . The fruit was yummy, but alas, mostly pineapple. I suppose the pineapple was the lesser of 2 evils as I got some fiber from the pineapple, but I know it's a

I really found I didn't like the icing! I found it too sweet! I'm not too much of a dessert person, but there are a couple of things I used to enjoy. So I guess eating mostly SB way, I've curbed most of my sweet cravings.

I took measurements today and I've lost a total of 2.75 inches in the last 2 weeks! One inch off the waist and one inch off the belly! I guess I'm doing something right.

I guess the moral of the story is that I'm not perfect. I just keep trying my best and things are happening. I was stuck for a few weeks gaining and losing the same lb. I lost a lb this week and also inches. So those of you who are stalled, just keep trying your best and you will get results.

I've gotta run. I hope everyone is keeping well. I'll try to read the board later.

Old 02-02-2002, 03:02 PM   #138  

Default Saturday Salutations!

My patience is paying big dividends today. I was down 2 more pounds and that makes --tah dah-- 30 pounds lost since August!

I thought I'd lost my post from last night because the laptop froze and I almost reposted my freezer experience. I'm glad I reviewed the board. Otherwise, I'd have bored you twice.

Welcome Toni! This is a great place for encouragement and support.

I'm hoping to make the trek east in October. I found today that Continental has $88 roundtrips from DFW to Baltimore so I'm going up to Annapolis to visit my DS at the end of April. Wish the sale lasted until Oct. It's through June.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Take Care,
Jeanie
196/166/130
Old 02-02-2002, 04:15 PM   #139  

Hi everyone

Went to the library to-day and picked up a bunch of books on Disney. So have lots of reading to do for the weekend. Can't believe it is only 34 days to go. I booked up a couple of motels for the journey down. Didn't want to be searching for a place to sleep at 9 or ten oclock at night.

Just made some granola bars. I used an oatmeal cookie recipe and added and changed a few things. If it turns out o.k. I will post the recipe. The first one I made tasted good but was a little dry and crumby, probably didn't put enough oil in. This time I have used butter, as the recipes says. I wasn't sure if the creamed butter would mix well with the agave but it turned out o.k. I planned on making the cheesecake as well but only had enough agave for one thing. Now I am completely out, may not have any for another couple of weeks. I have ordered a case but don't know when it will be here. It is coming from Vancouver B.C. but they had a big snowstorm the day before I phoned so it may be held up a bit. They aren't used to snow out there. I guess everything stops when it happens.

Slaphappy - If you plan on going over to Pigeon Forge when you visit Gatlinburg you will find lots to do there. They have about 9 theatres there. I've visited there several times and always enjoyed the time I spent there. You may want to check out their website. http://www.mypigeonforge.com/

Sorry I don't have time to respond to you all. I'm off up to my dd for dinner.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Marie.
Old 02-02-2002, 05:59 PM   #140  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Saturday Evening All

Finally getting my "chance" on the computer today. Had to beg Michael to take a break so I could get on-I was getting antsy.

Garage sales sucked today. I spent a whole $2-guess that's good, in a way though

Last night, I was all ready for Eli to walk in the door and the phone rings, he had left his keys in another Mgrs car that he went to a meeting with, and couldn't reach him. Sooo, I had to take the 2nd set of keys to him. He was hungry and wanted to get a bite to eat, though I told him I wasn't really THAT hungry and really thought I'd only have a small bit of something at home when he was coming home (so I thought). Anyhow, we ended up at SHORTY'S and I ate, not a lot, but more than I would of at home-than when we got home, ate some more. I swear, he's like a partner in crime!

Today's been a good day, eating and journaling-though we haven't had dinner and it's still being thawed out (going to make some meat, not sure what though). For me, I'm one who picks being more hungry at night. In fact, I'm hungry now and since din-din isn't going to be ready for a LONG time, will go make a milkshake when I get done with this post.

BETH, good for you for going cold turkey on the soda! I stopped drinking all soda in June 2000 and I really don't miss it at all. Even when Eli offers me a sip from a can I decline. I use to drink a lot of Crystal Light as well, stopped drinking that the same time. After reading about the Aspertame and having trouble with my memory I knew it was time to quit putting that stuff in my body. I have to say, besides the weight loss while following SB, subsiquintly, it's done good in other areas, besides giving up soda, I also started paying attention to what was in foods and thus started eating even healthier than any book ever suggested. I look to see what ingredients are in the foods I eat and for the most part, I don't buy things with preservatives in them, esp hydrogentated oils and things I can't pronounce. Forget that SF Ice Cream and all the crap in it, why eat that when you can have the real stuff (like Breyers) with no preservatives. This is just my way of thinking Anyhow, as you will well see, there are certain times of the month, esp. mid-cycle, that you will see me post that I've eaten myself out of house and home, that nothing seems to satisfy me, that I've probably had about 3,000 calories, though all of them being OP. There are times that hormones just wreck havoc on our systems and nothing seems to fill us up, listen to your body-try to eat more protein and more slow-releasing carbs (beans, high fiber foods). This will help some, but eat as you feel you should, just try to stay with foods OP, usually by the next day, you wake up feeling back to normal and wondering what the heck happened to you the day before! I can tell you, making one of my "milk shakes" does help get me full, at least for a while Hope you had a good time for DH bday and dinner-tofu is legal BTW. Hope wherever you ended up going for dinner making choices weren't that hard.

BOB, of course I can snag a machine to bring with us to NC, but if there's a SB in the area, surely I'll be able to snag some free coupons and save ourselves all the dregery of making it! You surely don't want ME to make coffee-gosh knows, it will probably come out tasting like sludge! LOL!! How'd you snag some free coupons AGAIN?? 10 MONTHS OF NO SMOKING IS AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

JRED, CONGRATS ON HITTING A NEW MILESTONE!!! 30lbs, AWESOME!! I always say patience ALWAYS pays off The same thing happened to my Aunt and her ice maker a few years ago. Problem was, she was out of town at the time and they had a split-level ranch home where the kitchen was on the top floor. It flooded the top, and bottom. They had MAJOR damage. Thank goodness yours wasn't worse. I'm sure with Oct being an off month, rates to get to NC will be decent-I'll help find you a deal!!!

HAPPY, I too have been to Gatlinburg a few times-love Dollywood! We take the kids up to OBERGATLINBURG to go ice skating up there-it's been years though and I haven't a clue if they still have it, or what else is up there now, besides the restaurant. Pigeon Forge, very touristy, but nice to walk around. Try to see how far ATHENS, TN is from there. We took the kids there as well to the MAYFIELD DAIRY FARM for a tour of their factory-being ice cream freaks, it was great! Mom and I had ice cream before AND after the tour Oh, and that Smokey Mountain Taffey Store BOB mentioned-forget about it, I have my spy cameras all over the place-I'll be watching!!!!! LOL!

NASCAR, hope FRANKFERD can still get some agave for you-have been in touch with a couple places and they no longer have it. I thought I had 6 cases, but only have 4, so I think I'll be ordering another 2 cases-and praying they still have it in stock! That's great you got in a free sample from that company. When I checked the USPS site for shipping, it was something like $9 without any insurance or confirmation delivery. E-mail me with your zip and I'll get the exact cost it would be from here to there. Just watch you oven next time and remove the cheesecake when you see it starting to lightly brown.

FROG, you KNOW I will be there in Oct unless something unfortunate happens (like death). That's my birth month and this will be my present to myself. Actually, there's quite a few of us with Oct b.days that should treat ourselves to this time together for our bdays! Of course, I wish EVERYONE could come, but I know that's not possible. Those who come will definitely have a memorable experience! I love the idea of the massage-maybe we can put a picture of a naked guy somewhere within eye-sight since we can't have a male massues do the honors!

SOL, did you get in your 5.5 miles today? How'd it go? I thought that when we finally get a little cooler weather I was going to extend my walk/jog another mile and see how I do time wise, not to mention how I feel. At the rate we've been having a heat-wave here, that doesn't look like it will be happening any time soon. Why don't you think you can make the NC trip in Oct.-it's going to be cheap (probably about $50 for accomodations, depending on how many come) and you can carpool (cheap again)-you just HAVE to come! We'll definitely work it out! I won't register for the WDW until you say YES! BTW, let me know if you need anything from down here before next month, will be asking everyone to see who needs what and then will go shopping. I've used cardamom in some baking, but never in coffee, haven't a clue how much to use.

FILLISE, hope you feel better! Take it easy and crawl back in bed, I did, and I'm not sick, just tired. Why can't you make the Oct. get together???

TONI, WELCOME TO THE SB BOARDS! Of course you are welcome to join us, no need to ask! If you've been lurking our boards, you can definitely see that we are a friendly and inviting bunch, and you'll feel like you've belonged forever in a very, very short time! We are more than happy to help answer any questions you may have about SB, if you do have any, and we are eager to support you in helping you reach goal and feeling healthy and getting healthier. Thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD! It was nice to learn more about you. Again, welcome!!

ZANNE, sounds like you had an interesting time at that buffet. I hate buffets, okay, I don't hate them, it's just a waste of money for me since I hardly eat anything and then with being on SB, I wouldn't eat half the stuff on there anyhow. BUT, I know, come April when we go up to NC we'll be hitting a Ryans at least once, or twice-so I'll be faced with eating a buffet most likely (though they may have regular meals). PERSONALLY, in my old days of eating stuff like that, down here, we have PUBLIX and I love their buttercream frosting on cakes. Any bday cake that was leftover, I would freeze and THEN I'd eat the frozen icing-hmm, and sometimes I wondered why I was gaining weight! LOL!!

ROSALIE, I wonder, on the Almond Granola, what if we took more agave and some egg whites and tried coming that and making bars? Any thoughts??

That's it for me, for now at least. I'll try to check in later, otherwise, will be back on tomorrow after my walk/jog.

Have a great weekend!

Debbie
194/122.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Last edited by Debelli; 02-02-2002 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2002, 06:22 PM   #141  

Whats happened with the Agave, I've tried a few sites and no way Jose!!!!
Old 02-02-2002, 07:16 PM   #142  

Talking Beach Date Info

Saw Allison today. She reported that the weekend of the 11th has been reserved. However there is one minor glich that will be easily remedied. Allison's husband told the uncle to reserve Fri-Sun instead of Thurs-Sun. She said they would talk to uncle soon and get it straight.

I am keeping a list of RSVPs for that weekend and I have responses for SOL, DEB, FILLISE, and JRED. Please let me know if you are a definite or a maybe. I hate hearing NO's but I understand

Well, going over to a friend's to play cards with DH and her beau. Gotta go put my goat smelling self in the shower!

Peace,
FROG
Old 02-02-2002, 07:44 PM   #143  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default I MADE IT!

5.5 MILES TODAY! That's my longest walk EVER! It took me all of 1 hour and 41 minutes - but - by golly I did it!

I drank every single drop of the water I took and came real close to pepper spraying a dog that scares the crap out of me every time I pass their yard. I swear that dog is going to make it over the fence one day. Vince says I shoulda just sprayed him, but instead I yelled at the owners - next time I'm spraying his a**!

I've got a blister coming back on my pinky toe and the balls of my feet feel real tender, but overall I don't really feel any more tired or fatigued than I normally do. I think I'll stay at 5.5 miles on my long days for at least one more week though - maybe 2.

I'll get back on and personally respond tomorrow - gotta fix din din. Trying to decide between taco salads or falafels. DEBBIE - THIS IS YOUR FAULT! I'd have never known how good they were if it werent for you.

TONI WELCOME!! You're definitely at the right place for encouragement, advice and friendships.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:45 PM   #144  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

ME...ME...COUNT ME IN....I WANT TO COME!!!!

OK...back to my mini series...I've been watching NORTH and the SOUTH since 2pm...

Feel better Susan...Ky is getting ready to get almost as harsh a sentence..They lost scholarships and if they get caught again in the next few years...they will have their entire football program suspended for two years! I bet BEAR BRYANT is rolling
no...make that tumbling in his grave!!

I WANT SOME SHORTY'S BBQ CHICKEN!!!!!

BOB
Old 02-02-2002, 08:33 PM   #145  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Question

What's a falafel?
Old 02-02-2002, 09:32 PM   #146  

Good Evening everyone!
Had a fairly good day today - hard to stay on plan on the weekend. Is sourdough bread a ? I had a tuna sandwich today on sourdough. Anyway my real goad is to start fresh again on Monday and plan my meals and take my own food to work so i don't get sucked in (I am weak ) Anyway, as Scarlett always said "I'll think about that tomorrow". Well hubby is feeling better and waiting for me so I better get going. Have a great day tomorrow!!

BOB: Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about Cherokee! Do you think they have fake snow in the summer? My son loves country music - so he'll be in his glory if we find some country stars!Really looking forward to the trip but not until June! I sent for info from Chamber of Commerce. Hopefully my clothes will be a little looser by then and I can sneak some taffy. That is my goal! Oh, by the way 10 months without smoking and still on SB????????? That is great. I want to quit but know it will cause me to gain weight so after I lose some of my weight I will try....................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't you just love North and South? I saw it several years ago.

FROG: I will definately check out the google site. Thank you! And if I was able to make October the massage sounds wonderful!!! But doubt I will make it - send her this way!

SOL: Do you have a recipe for that French Onion Soup?

BETH: I'm with you on the baseball thing! Just signed mine up for his 2nd year of T-ball (he's 6). He can't wait for coach pitch though! My husband is a racing fan and I dread Sundays during racing season, our lives revolve around the tv!

TONI: Welcome!! You have come to the right place. I am somewhat new here also and these are a great bunch of women and man (1)! I'm slow to start because I'm not good at planning but next week I'm going to plan every day and stay on plan!!! Good Luck to you!

JRED: Congratulations on your loss! You are very inspiring to us "newbies"

ROSALIE: Hope you find all your disney info interesting - You'll be Disney'd out by the time you get here! Thank you for the info on Pigeon Forge, I will check it out!

DEB: My husband is a q-tip with hair, and often gets me in to trouble!!! Did you make a legal SB milkshake? If so, how? If you spy on me while on vacation in Tennessee you may be shocked......because I'm sure I will try the taffy

Good Nite All!
Old 02-02-2002, 09:45 PM   #147  

Thumbs down I FOUND PRETZELS!

hi to everyone,

welcome to toni, this is a great place to find support and lots of ideas for making that weight loss journey easier.

i found pretzels today that i believe are sugarbuster legal! deb, please say that they are because i am hooked. they are snyders of hanover organic oat bran pretzels. they are baked , 120 calories for 18 sticks, 2g of fiber, 3g of sugar, 0g of fat. the ingredients are organic wheat flour, water, organic oat flour and oat bran, ORGANIC AGAVE(!), salt, yeast and sodium bicarbonate.they are very yummy and satisfy that salty craving that i get right before my period. please let me know if they are o.k.

i am on a baking frenzy again, zucchini loaf and deb's cheesecake. we are having friends over for super bowl sunday and i am putting out a sb legal spread! i found a sb chili recipe on one of the boards or may do a cincinnati chili recipe i found (ooh to have real skyline chili quilter). the kids will have hot dogs on the grill, but everything else will be sb legal!

fillise- hope you are feeling better, so far knock on wood, in spite of the temperature swings here in florida nobody has been sick except for "the big guy in college".

BOB-am looking forward to meeting you and the others in orlando. we can talk football, we live , breathe and eat football at our house. alabama and kentucky will suffer for their ncaa indescretions. my son is a scholarship football player at UCF and his best friend from kindergarten is a gator. from what i hear the regulations are very strict and to lose bowl opportunities and scholarships will definitely hurt their recruiting in the future.

frog-i will let you know about the n.c. trip as soon as i know the UCF football schedule. when i was a kid(many years ago) we used to vacation in that area and also around wilmington. it was pretty then, i would love to see it again, the florida beaches where we live are not as nice now with all the erosion. i will keep you posted.

quilter- nice photo of you and hubby, you do look familiar! i did break down and bought some frozen skyline for my husband to have tomorrow, i think sometimes he dreams about the stuff.

sol- i was in orlando friday picking up jeff at school but i figured that you were at work (330p.m.) my husband will drive him back tomorrow after church so he can watch the game with his new family, the football team! the next time we are over there on a weekend i will definitely give you a call.

deb- i did it, i bought a scale! after my aggravation with the scale at work not weighing accurately i decided i would get one, i got one at sam's a scale with BIG numbers so i can see those pounds slipping away(ihope). this way i can WIW with the rest of you, during the rest of the week i will keep it covered with a sign that my daughter made that says keep off except for wednesday, i hope that will work!

all for now, husband neds the computer,

take care all,

chris
Old 02-02-2002, 09:48 PM   #148  
karen3000

Happy - Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are great places to go. If you have never been, do go to Dixie Stampede. It's a dinner "theater" in an arena where you are served dinner while the shows goes on in the middle of the arena. It's based on a western theme with actual wagon races, etc. and lots of humor. Dolly started this concept and has other sites, but I'm thinking this is the original one. We really enjoy it, but you will pay about $35 dollars for the dinner/show. There is a Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg that is new and looks great. We've been to the one in Myrtle Beach and enjoyed it - I assume the Gatlinburg one is very similar. Gatlinburg is known for its artist community and you can take a trip around to the various artists' studios to look/buy. If you have kids there is always miniature golf and go carts. Obergatlinburg is interesting, at least for the cable car ride that takes you up there. Drive around the countryside - the roads and natural beauty are amazing there. Obviously, there's the Smokey's and Cherokee is fun to go to. Maggie Valley is beautiful, like BOB said. The whole area is touristy - but if you go with that in mind, you will have a great time! If you are driving, stop at a vistor's center on the Interstate (not a commercial visitor's center, but a state one) and pick up lots of brochures and flyers. You will find coupons for restaurants and some of the shows, sometimes for stores at the outlets. Hope this helps!

Karen

Old 02-02-2002, 09:51 PM   #149  
Mel

Default Saturday

Hi all! My cable connection was down all day and I've felt cut off from the world! I'm about to fall asleep, so this may be short. I did WAY too much yesterday and am paying for it today. As long as I can keep from launching a fibromyalgia flare up I'll be happy. I did my carido in the morning, then decided I'd better do a good lower body w/o cause somehow I'd missed one this week, then I let another tennis mom talk me into 2 sets of singles while waiting for our kids to finish.... That was the proverbial straw . Woke up this am feeling like I'd been trampled, and real PMS'y to boot. Poor me. I had a session scheduled with the weight trainer a noon, so I had to go to the gym, but he took one look at me and said "we'll make today more instructional than a real workout" so I know my tail was dragging. He usually loves to torture me!

Sol: Congrats on that walk! I'd keep that distance for a few more long days before I upped it, too. Aside from your stamina, all sorts of other things need to adjust and get used to it before you throw more at your body.

Toni- Welcome! This is a great place and WOL (way of life). Ask questions, I'm sure someone on the board will know the answers, and just use us a support and long distance girlfriends.

Beth: NO! I hated T-ball. Luckily so did my son! He pronounced it "really boring" so that was the end for us. I much prefer watching soccer games. Glad you like it 'tho. I'd have suffered thru it if ds had enjoyed it, but both of us found baseball way tooo sloooow! We are hockey fans, here.

Frog- I'm a maybe, verging toward yes. When do you need to know for sure? October 13 is dh's b'day and I'm not sure how he'd like being abandonned.... Maybe he would I'll attempt some of the BFL answers, but as I said above, I'm losing it today, so if it doesn't make sense or I forget a question, just ask again!
(every one else who is bored silly by this, good nite!)

1.Are you trying any of the supplements? If so, how do they taste and is there much sugar? Do you think the supplements are safe and that you can achieve the same results without using them?

I use a protein powder from GNC (eggs and whey protein) sweetened with stevia to get in usually 1-2 of the six meals a day. I put it in the blender with water and a portion of frozen fruit(strawberries, blueberries, peaches, rasberries) and have in the last 2 days be cutting that to 1/2 portion fruit and 1/2 portion raw oatmeal. That gets the protein and carb both in. Tastes like an ice cream treat to my detoxed tongue. I have not yet used glutamine, but may start. I DO NOT AND WILL NOT USE CREATINE! The bodybuilder-trainer and my gym feels that only people training for contests should use it, and even then, not most women. Since it mainly helps muscles hold more water, women don't need any extra help in bloating! It seems nost poeple doing BFL use it, but I don't want to. I've avoided any of the meal replacement drinks because of all the artificial sweeteners (myoplex and lite have asperatame), and just make my own with the protein powder. I've also adapted his authorized food list to stay SB legal- not hard. Just didn't see the point of adding high GI foods to my diet.

2. How long have you been doing it?

I'm just starting week 5

3. What changes are you seeing?

I've only lost 1 pound of scale weight, but my arms, chest, upper abs, butt, thighs and calves are harder and more defined. I know I'm much stronger, and have significantly increased the weight I can do and maintain form. The scale part is depressing and BFL people are pretty disgusted with those of us who are scale obsessed. The husband-0-meter says I'm a lot leaner, and is annoyed that I can now wrestle out of his grip- playing, no he doesn't beat me!

4. Are you doing your own skin-fold tests or having someone do them for you?

I bought an electronic skinfold calipers and measure once a week, taking the readings 3 times and use the average. According to it, my BF has gone down 3% since I started. Not sure if I believe it.

5. Can you believe the before and after photos of these people?

I think some of those transformations took place over multiple challenges.

6. Did you buy his other book too? If so, do you find it helpful?

Didn't buy it.

7. Do you personally know anyone who's done this?

I hang out on a board at www.leanandstrong.com- pretty much all BFL'ers ranging from newbies on day 1 to people that have been doing it for 2-3 years. Check out the Transformation gallery there. I don't post a whole lot, but it's real helpful. Some of them tend to be a bit holier-than-thou, and a lot less warm and fuzzy than here, but it is a lively and dedicated group!

8. What do you know about maintenance?

???? keep liftin? Most of the long-timers on L&S (above site) say they'd never go back to their old ways. I personally enjoy lifting, but would probably take breakes from the intensity.

9. Anything else you'd like to say?

The meal planning is a pain in the a$$ with trying to get in 6 "feedings" a day, but it does seem to be the best way to do it. Speaking of which, its time for my peach blueberry smoothie treat!

Sorry to bore everyone else, hope that helps.--oh, there is a mini-board of runners at L&S doing BFL. Generally distance running is incompatible with building muscle (cannabalizes it after about 20-30 minutes, but look into the MTGBIS (Miles to go before I sleep) team board if you decide to do it. Hope this has been helpful, I'm passing out. Bye for now!

mel

175/138/130??

Last edited by meliris; 02-02-2002 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2002, 10:36 PM   #150  
Mel

Default to Frog re BFL

Froggie- Forgot something that's real important to me- I stay SB legal on the free days. I (unlike some of the BFL newbies) know how crappy I'd feel if I pigged out for a day on junk food! 'tho I've been craving a cinnabon for about 2 months now....have to think up some legal concoction that smells like one.
Now I'm really falling asleep. Hubby's out playing hockey til midnight and I know he'll wake me up when he gets in, but i'm heading for bed.

mel
Closed Thread