Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What 1 statement below best describes why you chose now to try and lose weight?
I have a special event that's in the near future. 0 0%
To feel healthier and live longer 7 21.88%
My Dr. told me I better do it, or else! 1 3.13%
My husband/SO encouraged me to try. 0 0%
I hated what I was seeing in the mirror 12 37.50%
My clothes didn't fit anymore 3 9.38%
Someone made a comment about my weight 1 3.13%
I just knew it was time to take charge 5 15.63%
Finally hopped on the scale and was shocked! 2 6.25%
Nothing above so I choose, OTHER 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 11:50 AM   #16  
"I'm working on it!"

Default I forgot,,,

Sorry, I forgot to WELCOME the newbies Slaphappy and Sue

Shean You got on while I was typing. Hooray for the 5 lbs down. Sorry to hear you've got headaches, but it could be because you're "detoxing"

Music Teach You got in too while I was typing. HOORAY you passed up the chocolate cake. Good job! Try not to worry too much about the pound. It's probably hormonal. I'm up a pound from last week too! Our bodies weights fluctuate all the time. You'll see that pound gone in no time. I'm being nosey too: What's TTC? We went thru a bunch of stuff too, but maybe used different terminology.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY
Old 01-15-2002, 12:25 PM   #17  
Sonya

Unhappy

Hey what happened to yesterdays post!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

I posted yesterday but it looks like it dissappeared into cyberspace. Sorry I have not posted the last couple of weeks I've had a chill and just couldn't shake it. But it finally went away thank goodness. So glad to see all the posts. We had a great Christmas. It wasn't very big but it was nice and thats all that counts. I lost 1 more lb in the last 2 weeks so that puts me at 58 lbs lost so far. Makes me feel good to see the scale go down if only one lb. Glad to see the ones that got to go to Florida had a great time together. Welcome to the newbies this is a great way of eating. Sounds like terrible news on the agave front. I can't find it here so I use sugar sub with my baking. My daughter finally got to bring her weiner dog home. It is so cute black and tan and it is a miniature. And a lacy one at that with curly hair that looks like lace. She named it Susie. I made some gingerbread last week and it turned out great. Seems like everything tastes better made with wheat flour. My mom fell out her back door 3 days before Christmas and fractured her leg so I've been cooking up meals to put in the freezer for her and my step-dad. Shes lots better now that she knows shes not going to have to have surgery. I want to lose at least 8 more lbs before my birthday in March. That would put me below 200 lbs.

Well I guess I've rambled on enough I better get this finished and maybe it will post and stay here this time.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Started SB July 1, 2001
265/207/155ish 58 lbs lost so far!
Old 01-15-2002, 02:01 PM   #18  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default quickie

DEBBIE

HOW ABOUT

ALL OF THE ABOVE??????

Old 01-15-2002, 02:24 PM   #19  

Well, after seeing that the boards went down yesterday and all the posts were lost, I don't feel so guilty about not posting.

Things are pretty good with me. I fell off the wagon a bit over the weekend, but i climbed right back on. So here's hoping it doesn't do me in too much tomorrow.

I purchased my first bottle of agave this weekend. I feel like I'm now part of a special club. i bought it at Whole Foods. It was my first trip to Whole Foods and generally it looks pretty good. I found a bag of cookies that is sweetend with fructose and fruit juice. They are basically sugar-free teddy grahams. They aren't bad.

I have also joined the ranks of people looking for stuff on eBay. I've looked there before but i have never bid on anything before. I'm trying to get an Apple iBook. I registered for Paypal and everything.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend and I wish you the best for WIW.

Here's to losing.

JM
Old 01-15-2002, 03:03 PM   #20  
"I'm working on it!"

Exclamation WHEW

Just finished 20 min BFL cardio. WOW!

Munchkin was feeling better and wanted to go to school for the afternoon. Dropped him off and did a couple of errands then had time to do workout. Very glad I did

C'mon all of you who don't feel like moving! I was dead tired but told myself to try, just for 5 minutes. That 5 minutes turned into the whole workout. So just try, for 5 minutes. just march in place, walk up and down the stairs, walking on the treadmill, whatever. You may surprise yourself and do more than 5 minutes.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! RAH RAH, SIS BOOM BAH!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 03:14 PM   #21  
karen3000

Deb - you asked what price I paid for the agave - I'm not really sure what she told me on the phone and I bought two other things with the case of nectar, it came to $32.xx. I think what I remember is that it was $25 something plus $4 'cause I'm not a member. I'm sure it's still cheaper than shipping.

Also, have you ever tried New Balance shoes? I had usually purchased Rebok or Easy Spirit, but after a couple of months (not even heavy use) my feet would start to ache after a few hours, especially my heels. I went to Sports Authority for their end of summer sale in August and got a pair of New Balance for 1/3 the normal price. I really like them so far. I didn't use them right away 'cause I had a pair of Asaics that were pretty new (they are bothering me now and I put one of those heel devices in, whatever they are called). I had to go up a 1/2 size but I really like how they fit my feet so far - and I have wide feet.

So far so good with the eating. It's starting to come off again. I got on the new walker, or whatever you want to call it, last night and didn't last very long. It's much more of a workout than walking or walking on the treadmill. I'll just have to get used to it. It's really a lot more quiet than the treadmill, so that's a plus

Almost time to go home from work (thankfully I only work part-time), so I'll check in later. Don't know if I can make chat - it's on when I'm watching NYPD Blue.

Karen

Old 01-15-2002, 05:20 PM   #22  

Deb-

Have you posted your recipe for zuchinni bread? You've mentioned it a coupld times in your posts really interesting and good.

Thanks.

Jen
Old 01-15-2002, 06:55 PM   #23  

Talking DEB and those shoes!

Ok DEB, let's talk about the shoes. I've seen the shoes, I've seen the feet, let's get down to business.

You're gonna laugh at this, but I thought you knew those were aerobic shoes! When you showed them to me I knew what they were, but I knew that black shoes were so important to you so I thought you didn't care what type of shoes they were.

You have GOT to get some appropriate shoes. "Right tool for the right job." You need the right shoes for your foot type, exercise routine, etc.

Those places on your foot that you showed me a CLEAR evidence that your shoes are murdering your feet. You have to protect those tootsies with good shoes AND socks. Remember: all cotton and sweat together are a bad combo! Say it with me, all cotton is good for sheets and skivvies, but not for athletic gear.

Regarding where you buy them... IF you buy them from somewhere other than a running specialty store, you are running the risk that you are buying from a salesperson that knows ZERO about feet, running mechanics and shoes. And sales people will lie to you all the way to the cash register. I've attached a list of running stores in Miami. I suggest you go to one.
Footworks
New Balance Miami
The Runner's High

You are lucky to have this many specialty running stores available to you. And if it is walking shoes you want instead, they can usually sell or advise you on these too.

You can expect to pay between $65.00 and $100.00 for a good pair of mid-range shoes. If you pay less you will get less. Less physical and structural support, less protection, less durability, and MUCH less satisfaction.

Your shoes (especially running shoes) should be 1/2 size larger than your largest foot. You should have enough toe box room to wiggle your toes (i.e., play the piano with your toes). If you don't, then the shoes are too short and possibly too narrow. You should buy your shoes after you have been on your feet awhile, and you should try them on with the socks that you plan to wear with them. Even though you may not want to buy your shoes from Road Runner Sports, you should look at their shoe size/type info. The info is good. You can also see which shoe companies offer wide widths. New Balance, Saucony and Brooks do. I'm sure there are probably also others.

I think once you get used to seeing a different color shoe on your foot you will adjust. I remember the first pair of black Reeboks I bought, I had to wear them a while to get used to looking at them. It seemed odd for them to be black. Time for some sistely honesty...You aren't able to find those shoes in black anymore because that is not what is considered "in-style" and the shoe manufacturers aren't gonna sell to just you, not even fabulous DEB! There are some trail running shoes that come in darker colors, but they are meant for surfaces that are softer than asphalt and concrete.

I would love to run with you in H'ville, but only if you invest time and money in the right shoes. I will not be a contributor to damaging those paws of yours. Now take this as a challenge and get to the store! You gotta unleash those feet!

I hope this helps and I hope you accept my gentle teasing. However, I am serious about getting the right type and fit for you.

Love ya mean it!

See ya at chat!

Peace,
FROG

If you don't do these things then all I can say is "Danger Will Robinson!"
Old 01-15-2002, 08:01 PM   #24  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

This is just a quick note. If you haven't tried Deb's Cheesecake, DO SO!!!!! I made a double batch in oblong pan and took it to Presbyterian Women's meeting.

When I said I was going to have cheesecake, a loady who likes to dig said "OOOOOH! Shirley's going to cheat!". I didn't answer but got my cake. Others did too and the compliments started pouring out!! When they were told it was SF they were shocked. Didn't know SF could be so good! So I said I didn't cheat!!

My hat's off to you Deb! Thanx.

Don't think I will make chat!

Take care, sef
Old 01-15-2002, 08:44 PM   #25  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

KIMMY...good thought about "partnering up but I'm afraid that there's been a dungeon master sitting on my shoulder for a while now... ...watches EVERYTHING I do...any idea WHO IS IS????

FROGGIE DEBBIE PAY $65 to $100 for SHOES????? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND????? This is QUEEN of the BARGAINS you're talking about...if she does it, and can prove it, I'll buy you a DIRTY MARTINI when we get to the beach!!

DEB....it's NOT that I DON'T have FAITH IN YOU....but come on...you're just like me...we're ALWAYS looking for a BARGAIN!!!

Ladies....sorry I can't address each and every one of you...My LITTLE SKEETER DOG spent the day at the SPA today...no teeth pulled, but a wart removed from his upper gum...ouch his teeth were cleaned, and his pedicure resulted in his nails being cut to the fur!
He's not feeling to good, and I must play MOMMY ...GOOD NEWS is that the Dr says he's 13 and has no sign of any failure!
Said he was sliding into OLD AGE with GRACE

I'll check in later....

BOB
Old 01-15-2002, 08:55 PM   #26  

Default Tuesday, Tuesday (ala the Mamas & the Papas)

Hello, Group!!!

I can just tell by the way I’m feeling that this is going to be a LONG one. Whew! First of all WELCOME TO OUR NEWBIES!!! Come right on in, pull up a chair and sit yourselves down. Grab a piece of any of our SF delights and have fun. We are all here to help each other. Ask as many questions as you can. Just think that somebody else (who’s lurking) is probably asking the same exact thing.

Now on to the responses.

FROG---I so enjoyed your post telling us all about your trip and the race. Woman, you are MIGHTY and I hear you roar. I cannot imagine walking five feet in pain, and you ran many miles in pain. I take my hat off to your will, your spirit, your drive, your commitment. Awesome!!! Did you get into a “zen” like state with the pain? How did you cope with it and not just say, “screw it”? I’d just be real interested to hear some of the thoughts that were going through your head. Unless that’s too personal of a question. Also, I loved your advice to SOL. Your words of wisdom really hit home with me, especially that part about moving your body. Makes sense. Oh, I wish I could have been there to cheer you on. And I’m sorry I was AWOL during those last few months before the big event. I really feel like I let you down, by not being here to give you encouragement and all the rah-rahs you so deserved!!!

DEB---Really enjoyed your motivation yesterday. The solution has always been right there in our hands. Or should I say our minds??? Yes, I like zeroing in on that positive attitude. Thanks. Viva la Ralph Marston! Viva la DEB!!! OH MY GOSH, I am so excited that Suzanne is going to be at the October get-together. How cool is that!!! How did that come about? Did you just invite her or what?---Sorry to hear that your dawgs have been aching. That is truly not a good thing. When your feet ain’t right, nothing is right. Hey, I found New Balance BLACK walking shoes at a local runner’s store last summer. Try that brand. I’ll bet they will have running shoes too. Have you tried looking on the net? Do these shoe companies show there catalogs online? At least you would know who makes what. But be prepared to PAY. They are NOT cheap. I think my NB walkers and my Saucony runners were over $80. Yikes!!! But they do last and they do feel great!

RL---Way to go on skipping the muffins! That’s a great and excellent victory you had there. I hope you patted yourself on the back for it. Also when you see the number on the scale go down next time, you can think back on how strong you were and how there is NO WAY that muffin tasted as good as your new low weight!

SOL---Are you sure you didn’t get a speeding ticket last night? Wow, you were really hawling you-know-what!!! Great job! I like the way you have your workouts planned and know exactly what will be accomplished every night. I’m going to try that approach. You are a woman with a plan!!! Hey, thanks for keeping an eye on me today. Even though your day isn’t until Thursday. Ha! I felt you presence because had a lunch meeting at a local italian place that has yummy pizza. I sat down decided on the grilled chicken salad, then saw a picture of this wonderful looking veggie topper pizza and considered how wonderful it would taste and smell. But then thought about certain people’s eyes watching over my shoulder and I went back to the grilled chicken salad. Yeah!!! And I’ll bet you I felt a whole lot better all afternoon with just that healthy salad sitting in my belly. You made me LOL when you talked about DEB being able to see everything. She sees us when we’re naughty, she sees us when we’re nice. Maybe she is related to Santa Claus. I’m also going to copy your idea of putting an SB picture up on the bathroom mirror. Good energies have to flow from those smiling faces!

NASCAR---Did you just feel that??? I just sent a whole bunch of good thoughts your way. They should be getting to your house just about now. Listen, I was SOOOOOO where you are about the lack of motivation. I can feel for you. Sadly, I didn’t get my butt back here on the board and ask for help. I should have done something months ago and now I have even more weight to lose. So here’s the thing . . . pat yourself o the back for taking a stand to start today. Tackle one day or one meal at a time. It sounds like you have a whole lot of stuff on your mind and a whole lot of stuff going on with your body right now. Bless your heart, I’m really pulling for you to just take ten minutes and get on that treadmill. You will feel so much better. Try not to set too high a goal for yourself at first and just make the act of getting on it, be the success. Once you get started, there will be no stopping you. Take care and hang in there.

Oh FILLISE---I love the New Day’s Resolution idea. I have this little day by day calendar that’s done my that Mary Englebreit (spelling?) Anyway, each day she give me a new incentive for the day. Yesterday’s was “Live in Kinship”. Some others have been “Live With a Splash,” “Live Endearingly,” and “Live By Trust.” I love these little thoughts and use them throughout my day. Way to go on the loss today. You will be at that low number before you know it!!! Keep up the good work! BTW, I’ll pencil you in for Friday. Thanks, kiddo.

SHEANN---Oh, man, break out the trumpets so we can blast a fanfare for you!!!!!!!! AWESOME job on the FIVE POUND LOSS!!! Fantastic, super, terrific!!! And lest we forget . . . . yippee and yeehaw for your mom and her encouragement for you to get on the scale. That is SOOO cool. I am thrilled for you. Hearing that success makes me want to stay on track. I think you just firmly hoisted me back up on that wagon. And I feel semi-firmly planted. Let’s hope BOB doesn’t make any sharp turns. LOL.---Also, don’t let me fool you, I am clear on the other side of the SuperWalmart Parking lot away from a SIZE 8. Actually I am in a whole other county away from a size 8. My goal is to just get into the regular sizes. Yes, I’ll confess this to you. My goal right now is to get into a 16. That would make me do cartwheels . . . which in and of itself wouldn’t be all that pretty. LOL. Let’s both keep working hard and staying focused and we’ll share having Little DEB’s (not the cookies!!!) sitting on our shoulders whispering encouragements into our ears. I swear that really worked for me today thinking that she was sitting right there beside me and BOB was on the other side. There was no way I was going to eat a pizza in front of them. (Refer back to my note to SOL for the details.)

MUSICTEACH---Hello there. I have to say what’s been said to me many times. Look for another avenue to find success in this adventure. Take your measurements. Try on some jeans that were too tight. (You know I’ve got an entire store of clothes in my closet. Name the size and I’ve got it!) Monitor how good you feel walking up the steps. But get away from that scale. Sometimes it can be cruel, and we really do give it too much power. I’m sure it will calm down soon enough.---Also really glad to hear you have an accountability buddy. That’s so great. But you can use an SB angel anytime you want.

ZANNE---So sorry to hear of your rough night. My hubby has been sick and has just turned the corner the past couple of days. I think sick husbands are more work than sick kids. But since I don’t have kids, I really can’t authenticate that last statement. Anybody want to give me a hand. ---You made me LOL at your little finger wagging face that would appear and hover over the cookies. What a great idea. I think I shall try to print him out and tape him up over my desk at work.

JMUIR---Oh, another Apple User. Yippee!!! I just got an ibook in November and I LOVE IT. Actually, we bought the apple airport hub, so I can go wireless in the house. yes, I’m sitting on the couch right now and am fully connected to the internet. What’s really sweet is checking email in bed. Listen I bought a factory refurbished machine. It’s in beautiful condition. I have absolutely no complaints. This is the one that plays cds and or dvds. But it doesn’t burn cds. My husband has a burner so I didn’t really feel like I need it. Oh, I hope you find one. Here’s where we ordered mine through www.powermax.com. No problems and it really looked brand new. Check it out. Mine came with a one year warranty as all brand new models do.

Okay, well I think I’ve rambled on just about long enough. Hope everyone has a fantastic WIW. I’ll be thinking of everyone as I do NOT get on the scales. Remember I’m waiting for three weeks until I can go back to the dr’s scales. The sight of the horrible, horrible weigh-in witnessing. LOL.

Well, I don't have time to proofread this. Let's hope for some funny typos. Now on to the chat!

Take care.
Kim
Old 01-15-2002, 08:59 PM   #27  
Mel

Default Oh where oh where have our little posts gone....

I'm sure I posted a nice reply to EVERYBODY on the board yesterday morning! Sorry- I have no idea what I said.

OK -what the heck are all these muscles for? I went skiing today for the first time in 8 years, and after I remembered how, took a few hard runs, and could barely stand up. Talk about feelin the burn- my quad s were quivering! Now, I know I've just started BFL, but really, I've been lifting for 6 years! Aren't these muscles supposed to be good for something? Or just decorative? Today was supposed to be my "no workout" day but I may re-evaluated that in the morning! I'm soooo tired!

Deb- Listen to FROG!!! not just your feet are in jeopardy but your knees (and that's really not fun), your hips, back, and even neck and shoulders! When I first started running, I had no idea what I was doing and wore what turned out to be intended for indoor track surfaces. Every inch of me was in pain after a few weeks. Shin-splints, hurt back, the whole works. And I was only 23 !Course, I was so brainless then I thought if it hurt, it was good for me! Think of all the effort you've put into getting your body healthy- aren't you worth a good pair of shoes? BTW- New Balance makes darker colors, but not black. How about grey and blue?

Got my case of agave from Frankferd Farms yesterday. I think it'll probably last me 5 years at the rate I've been using it, but when that's what you want, NOTHING else will do. I hate Splenda!

I don't think I'll last until chat tonite, I'm so tired I'm getting cross eyed and hitting the backspace key more than any other.

Tomorrow's another day, will try to reply to all, hope everyone that is sick or tired feels better, everyone who is feeling lazy gets up of their you know what's and goes for a walk and the rest of you have great evening.

mel
Old 01-15-2002, 09:16 PM   #28  
Mel

Default Great article, we all knew this but...

Here's an article I copied from another board. We all know this, but it doesn't stop me from whining about my stomach!
quote:
FAT COMES OFF EVENLY

As you may know, you can get fairly good estimates of your bodyfat composition simply from a
single skinfold, or by passing a tiny electrical current through your foot, ankle or hands. What this really means is that fat is distributed fairly precisely on the body. And while it's true that some people have larger fat deposits on some parts of their body than others, it's also true that percentage-wise, the fat on your body comes off fairly evenly. That's important to remember when you measure your progress. See, one of the first places you're probably looking for fat loss is on those areas of your body that you think are "too fat." But in fact, that's the last place you should look, because I can guarantee that those areas are still going to look "too fat" for a little while.

Think of it this way. If you have a roll of paper towels (or a cassette tape), and you start to
unravel it, you can get a good amount off of the roll before you really see a visible change. But as you get further down that roll, even taking off a little more is very apparent.

The same is true with your body. The first place you're going to see greater definition is at those
areas where the fat deposits are relatively thin already. For most people, this is around the
shoulders and clavicles (the two long bones that run just under your neck, connecting your two
shoulders to the breast plate).

Another reason why this is important is that advertisers often prey on the belief that fat can be "spot-reduced." All the twisty ab-crunchers on the market are perfect examples. Basically, these
companies get a fitness model that has followed months or years of weight training, aerobics, and
proper nutrition, and have them roll back and forth in one of these things, as if they actually got in shape that way.

Or look at all the books promising to help you lose fat "for your type" - pear shaped, apple shaped, dodecahedron shaped - you name it. It's true, for example, that people who are insulin resistant tend to store more fat in the midsection, and that women tend to store more fat in the thigh area. But so what? If you lose the fat, it comes off EVERYWHERE. If a problem area looks "too fat", training that area with exercise may very well improve the definition of the underlying muscles and the overall form of that area. But it will not accelerate fat loss relative to other parts of your body.

If the body didn't lose fat uniformly, we'd all wobble around like Weebles because our relatively fixed bone and muscle structure wouldn't be able to tolerate the variation. The best way to change the size of your body is through caloric deficits. The best way to change the shape is through resistance training. The one thing you need to achieve a total physique and fitness transformation is to do EVERYTHING - aerobics, intervals, resistance training, cross-training, small frequent meals, high-quality protein and carbohydrates, low-glycemic nutrition, proper supplementation, water, and rest....

So again, if you're looking for results in the mirror, look for the first signs of improved definition at those areas where muscle is relatively close to the surface. For most people, this is the upper chest and shoulder area. After two weeks, you probably won't see enormous visible changes elsewhere. But those changes are happening anyway. You should definitely be keeping track of how your clothes feel. Go to the closet and pick out an outfit that's just a little too tight. Put it aside. You'll want to try it on occasionally. Waist measurements can also capture fat loss that isn't necessarily evident in the mirror.

PEAK-TO-PEAK, TROUGH-TO-TROUGH

As for the scale, remember that just on the basis of things like water retention , digestive contents, and other factors, your scale weight will typically fluctuate about 4% from peak to trough in any given week. So if you weighed 130 pounds last week, and you weigh 135 today, it's not any sort of evidence that you've gained or lost fat. What you really want to know is what's happening from peak-to-peak or trough-to-trough across a number of weeks.

I always get a little concerned when people start reporting their 2-week progress. Invariably, people who had been eating high carbohydrate diets prior to starting their program will report huge weight losses of 8 pounds or more (mostly water), which just depresses the heck out of people who aren't seeing those numbers. And it eventually depresses the people who report the huge weight losses because they typically slow down to a more normal pace after a few weeks.

You should be neither elated nor discouraged by your two-week progress. Just keep tracking your
results from peak-to-peak, trough-to-trough. If fat loss has been difficult in the past, there's
nothing quite like the feeling of breaking to a new trough. You'll get used to the fact that your
weight will pop higher for a few days, but if you're sticking to your plan, it won't be long before you hit an even lower trough.

end quote.

Yeah! let's hear it for those troughs! I promise I won't hit my scale, I promise I won't hit my scale....

mel
Old 01-15-2002, 10:46 PM   #29  

Default Tuesday night post

Good evening all. Have talked to friend regarding beach house and am awaiting info from her this week. Will get it to you as soon as I have it.

DEB - Missed you at chat but I understand.

QUILTER - GREAT to chat with you! I've got my water jug ready for you! I drank over a gallon of the stuff today myself and I still feel dehydrated. Regarding this race thing, hon you did not let me down! I knew that you would be cheering for me! I dealt with the pain the best way I knew how. I tried to relax and do some yoga relaxation techniques. I listened to music and focused on the words. I tried to ignore or pretend that the sensation was comfort/pleasure instead. I still find it hard to believe that I cried like I did, but I think alot of that was fatigue (mental) and the emotion from running past so many people encouraging us. I also told myself that I was almost there and not to give up, that the work was hard now, but in a few more strides I could rest. Marathons are sooooo mental. After about 20 miles it isn't physical for me anymore. Hope that gives you some insight. Thanks for asking.

SOL - Go on now you little walker girl! Let's set a registration date for the WDW 1/2. Do you think we could crash at your place next year? I haven't even talked to Bill about going back in 2003, but I will not miss this!

NASCAR - Hope you're feeling better soon.

FILLISE - How is your back? I like your new day's resolution ideas. Way to go on the scale!

ZANNE - Great motivation on the workout!

SEF - Glad the cheesecake was a hit. We liked Deb's too!

BOB - What is a dirty martini? And Deb better not skimp on this purchase! MEL and will have to break bad on her if she does! Love to Skeeter! I bet he looks and smells purdy!

MEL - Thanks for getting my back on those shoes for DEB! The more of us who preach it to her the better! Skiing huh? That sounds like fun. Would like to go again sometime soon. Have friends that go out west every year and invite us. We should take them up on it sometime. We went skiing on our honeymoon 9 years ago and haven't been since.

Good luck on the scales tomorrow everyone!

Peace,
FROG
Old 01-15-2002, 11:30 PM   #30  

Red face

hi everybody just a quick note before i go to bed. had fun at chat as usual. it is fun, kind of like having a silent conference call!

frog- love your image at the end of your post! i think though that those thighs bicycling on the left could be mine! where did you get that photo of me? LOL! am glad you are feeling better, rest and drink plenty of fluids (my 9 year old and i had a conflict over whose lovely purple water bottle was on the counter! thanks again for the thoughtful gift which i am using religiously. keep us all posted about the beach house in the fall, sounds like so much fun! i bet we could get a major carpool of gals from the florida area to come up led by our fearless leader!

deb- missed you at chat. i did not get on until after 10p.m. as daughter had to put the finishing touches on her science project which is due of course tomorrow! i wonder where she gets her procrastination from, maybe her mommy?

quilter- it was good to meet you on-line! nice chatting with you, we will definitely have to get to gether this summer when we come to cinti. we are having a family reunion topped off by a wedding! will be in harrison the week of the 18th or so. keep in touch! i read in one of your posts that you have a calendar like mine,mary englebreit. she cracks me up, i love her calendars. i especially like the one for tomorrow the 16th LET GO GO ON, then it says live courageously with the pix of the girl walking away from discarded stuff. that is what i feel like on this WOE, i need to keep moving on and get rid of old eating habits. pretty profound from an old lady like me!

hope everybody has a good weigh in wednesday!

take care,

chris
Closed Thread