Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Support July 31 and August!

Welcome to Sugarbusters! This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 07-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #2  

CHALLENGES!

Drink your water!

Exercise at LEAST three times a week!

Try a new recipe! Share how it was!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:24 PM   #3  

I started the new thread because I am leaving tomorrow for a week. I am going to Chicago to visit my sisters. I may be on some via my blackberry, so ya'all behave! And talk amongst yourselves while I am gone!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies. Thought I would pop in before things got busy here.

Well I got great news from the Dr. Everything was fine and my blood work was normal. So thank you all for your prayers. They do work.

Toni, I am so excited for you. 5 lbs is awesome. Keep up the good work. I wish I could have a legal weekend. Maybe this one will be it. My scale seems to be going the other way.

Sef, I feel your pain. The junk I had to drink for my CT scan gave me the trots and severe cramping. So lovely.

Rosebud, Sorry, I must have missed the post about you eating as you want. I didn't mean to offend, just wanted to let you know in case you didn't know. I think it is great you can eat what you want and still lose. Moderation is the magic word. It is something I cannot seem to master. You can do whatever you like and still belong with this group. I lost 105 lbs on a strict SB diet. Then I gained about 30 back when I went thru chemo. I have switched to Weight Watchers mainly to help my DD lose some wt. They still let me be a part of this group. I agree that removing a certain food from your life (especially if it is one of your favorites) is unrealistic and causes binges. That is why moderation is so important. Now if I could just work on that.

Bob, are you back on track now? I know last week you said you were starting over. Good luck.

Monet, I was wondering why we couldn't post on the old thread. Have a great time.

Got to run. Have a great day.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:26 AM   #5  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just a quickie: I HAVE IN INTERVIEW THIS MORNING!! Another Teacher's Aide position, this time at the other elemenary school in our district. But, it is full-time, with summer/vacations off and health insurance...so it's a biggie and I really need well-wishes and prayers!! WISH ME LUCK!!

Kris
Old 07-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #6  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey friends!

Just popping in to let y'all know that NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!! I"m so ready to deliver this baby!! I'm not patient anymore!!! I am 38 weeks today and I was hoping to have some action by now. At my visit last week I was 70% effaced. So, hopefully we'll have some action soon!

MONET: Have a safe trip!

SOLLY: Glad all of your Dr. news was great!!! I know that takes a load off!

TECH: Good luck with the interview!!! Sounds like a great opportunity! Can you believe we start school MONDAY?! Teachers go Monday kids go Tuesday.

EVERYONE ELSE: Hope y'all are doing well! Have a great day!!

Missy (who hopes to have happy news soon!)
Old 07-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #7  

Good afternoon,
We've had showers all morning with a few rumbles of thunder. Hope we're through for the day.

Solly, ok I'll stay put this time. Glad that all your tests are fine. I know what a relief that is to hear. Prayers really do wonders.

Kris, good luck to you with the interview. I hope you get the job.

Toni, congratulations on your 5 lb. loss. That is very impressive.

Monet, have a great time!

Rosemary, I really like Leslie Sansone's walking tapes. I have quite a few going way back to her first ones. I do have her 1 mile, 2 mile, & 3 mile using the weighted balls. Some of them are still packed in boxes when we moved.

Sef, we have snowbirds down here too and we look forward to summer when they're all gone.

Fruitloupe, hope you have your baby soon.

BOB, getting together some time sounds like fun!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Ali
Old 07-31-2007, 06:39 PM   #8  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I'm running through at full speed....had to take KATE to the Dentist...she recently had about $15,000.00 worth of dental work and a piece has broken off and her caps (some of them ) were loose!!! All is well now and she's in there watching the news waiting TO EAT!!! She has to wait as long as she possibly can so everything can set!

TO ANSWER JACKIES QUESTION....We're really not supposed to be posting in this thread until tomorrow....TODAY IS JULY 31ST....not AUG 1ST...MONET only started it early cause she's leaving town.....

OH WELL....

I'll be back

SHIRLEY...I have gotten any emails from her either...I'll drop her a line too....see who gets and answer first with her story!!

BOB
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 PM   #9  
sef

Hi all,

Guess I should be ashamed of myself. I took the day off. Nothing on the calendar. I never even got dressed today! Still hanging out in my nightgown. Even had a lie down this afternoon. DIL had the day off as doctor had a funeral to attend, so I didn't even cook today. But I did stay on plan.

SOLLY: So happy you had good news. Sometimes when you have a "procedure" done, the preparation is worse than the actual treatment.

ROSEBUD: I agree with you. I stick to the plan because I feel better when I do, but I'm 70 years young and I am going to enjoy my remaining time on this earth. If that means sticking my hand in the popcorn at the movies now and then that's okay. It's not going to kill me.

TECH: So tell us, how did the interview go? Hope you were hired.

MISSY: The last weeks of my pregnancies seemed to last longer than the previous eight months! Hope you pop soon!

ALI: We had thunder showers this afternoon too. Didn't help cool things off though.

BOB: Sent a note to Mary. Let's hope nothing is wrong, that she has just strayed a little from here. Poor Kate, was it shoddy workmanship or what. Seems like dental work ought to last a wee bit longer.

Need to get a snack. See you all tomorrow.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 08-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #10  

Well, I'm not sure how the interview went. Last year, I thought both of my interviews went well and didn't get the job, so I'm probably just feeling insecure. I wasn't happy with my resume because Derek talked me into not including Mastercuts because he's afraid the old boss will say something in the lines of me quitting and being spiteful about it, but when they asked me about my last boss, they asked what my last boss would say about me and I said the girls at Mastercuts called me Mom, so I don't know...I'll know at the end of August. School doesn't start here till after Labor Day.

I'm eating lunch now and I'll get back to you guys later on. We've been escaping the high temps at my mom's house on the beach...I'm enjoying my suntan, though

Talk to you guys later on!!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #11  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Checking in...Rain is finally gone from our area. I'm experiencing frustration with my diabetes meds. Prandin causes my blood sugars to plumet, not below normal but suddenly down ward mimics a low. I have a whopping 2 month supply of it still at home because I do mail order and the pills are way to small to try cutting in half. I tried switching to only glucophage and the numbers on only that aren't low enough. Guess I have to schedule an appt and I literally hate drs. I know that my change in diet (in a good way) is why I am having this difficulty. Just have to be patient while it works itself out.

Oh yeah, had a moment of weakness yesterday, I ate a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie yesterday. Boy was that unwise, it was overpoweringly sweet and made me nauseous. I guess that's what 6 weeks of no sugars can do to your palate.

Rosemary
Old 08-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Nothing exciting with me.

Bob, wow that is a lot of money for teeth! Hope they are good now.

Tech, hope you get the job.

Missy, I was just thinking about you this morning. Hang in there. That little boy will pop out soon.

Aleka, I hate rainy days, I'm all into hot.

Sef, some days you just have to stay in your pj's. Nothing wrong with that.

Sararose, I wish I would get sick when I ate something bad. Take it easy.

Got to run. Have a great day
Old 08-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #13  

Howdy ho...... Can it be Wed. already. I've been so lazy this week. Just now doing laundry, then must go feed my hummingbirds. The day is slipping away from me. Didn't feel well yesterday so I didn't use my computer and now I'm way behind. Thanks so much about the words of encouragement about my loss this week. I'm still doing well with my eating. I don't think I'm really eating enough. Trying to get my water in. I'm keeping my big cup full and sipping all day. Solly I'm so happy your tests were okay and everything is fine. Sorry I'm not taking time for replies. Be back tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO EVERY BUDDY!!!

JACKIE & SHIRLEY...EVERYTHING is MORE EXPENSIVE down this way....a Dentist gets over $250 just to pull a tooth...when I told my Cousin that (Dentist in Greenville, SC) I thought he would die! She says today that her teeth are fine...They recemented them and fixed the place that broke...I blame the LAB that made the broken part...not the Dentist...however, the loose CAPS were his fault...he smiled and fixed away though...He's a great Dentist though...I must say...

I'll be back after SUPPER...I'm fixing broiled scallops...YUM!!!

BOB
Old 08-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #15  

Well, I knew it...no big surprise...I didn't get the job. They said it was because some other candidates showed up with teaching degrees and they got the jobs. Ya know...I didn't even send them my resume this year...they called me. If having a teaching degree was so important, they shouldn't have even called me and gotten my hopes up!! Jerks.

Anyhow..I'm goign to call on a store front here in the village that is for rent and see about starting up a beauty salon in it. That's my long lost dream, anyhow. I've just been looking at salon equipment on eBay.

I'm too depressed for replies. I'll check in with you guys tomorrow.

Kris
Closed Thread