Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Overall, how happy have you been with your weight loss efforts this past year?
Ecstatically Happy 2 6.90%
Extremely Happy 5 17.24%
Very Happy 3 10.34%
Happy 4 13.79%
Good 3 10.34%
Okay 2 6.90%
Not That Great 0 0%
Could of Been Better 3 10.34%
Really Bad 2 6.90%
Dismal 2 6.90%
Just Starting Out 3 10.34%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 11:03 AM   #91  
Golfing Gal

Good morning all! The sun is shining here in Texas and it looks like its going to be a beautiful day. Had rain all day yesterday so stayed indoors and was lazy.
Tree - welcome back. congrats on new job. Its always easier to go to a job that you like, makes life better.

BOB - hope you make it back safely. Looks like DH and I picked a good week to go to SC on our golf trip. We went from Dec 16 - Dec 20th, a week before the weather blew in.

to all those at WDW - sounds like you guys are having fun. Food sounded good to. tell Frog I said good luck. Hope the weather is nice down there.

Have yet to start on an exercise program. The TM keeps calling my name but I just refuse to answer. I will make a gallant effort tonite to walk on it.

Whats everyone's secret on Exercise motivation. I know I should do it, but how do you continue after you start. I usually get bored after a week or so. I have the TM, yoga for golf tape, weight workout tapes.

Well gotta run.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:49 PM   #92  
Little Engine That Could

Catlover--I know just what you mean about the exercise. I feel the same way. I have so many irons in the fire that, first of all, it is very hard to even find the time to go out for that walk. I hate to tear myself away from studying my French or whatever. Then, actually, I find that exercise thing very boring. So that makes it hard to get motivated. I know I could walk a couple of miles a day, but just doing it is the hard part. Maybe we could work something out where we were accountable to each other for doing it, or SOMETHING!! Any ideas? Let me know.

Big Orange--More quotes and info on your favorite (former) coach that you love to hate: “He was both a uniter and a divider, beloved by his fans, deplored by everyone else's. Most of all, he was different — a change of pace in a sport that has become a
business in the 30 years between the time Spurrier won the Heisman in 1966 and led the Gators to their national title in 1996.”
"It's going to be different, just because he's Steve and nobody else is like him. And now, all those other teams are going to have to find new reasons to hate us."
There was even an article about an FSU fan who actually regretted seeing SOS leave because the level of ball he brought to the college game.
We are all still waiting to see who the new guy will be. The two names most mentioned are Mike Shanahan of the Denver Broncos and, of course, Bob Stoops.

More about the Marathon:
My DH and I drove out to Disney about 8:30 this morning and expected Frog and her DH, Bill. to be about an hour+ from the finish line by the time we got there at 9:30. Right after we arrived a huge storm pelted the area with torrents of cold rain and wind. We got pretty wet. Then, we couldn’t find Deb or Solshine because of a problem with Deb’s cell phone. The finish line was so packed with people that we could not even begin to get close. So after trying to find a spot for viewing where we could see even a little bit, and milling around for a while, we decided to check out and head back home. I did hear from Debbie later and Frog and Bill were running a little slower than they thought. We think they will finish in about 6 hours instead of the 5 she was hoping for. Last time she ran in that race she did it in 6.5 hours, so this will be an improvement.. Since I didn’t get to talk with them, I am wondering if she froze because of the cold rain. Normally a runner doesn’t get too cold when running in just cold air, because the running keeps you pretty heated up. But the rain may be another matter.

More info about our lunch yesterday. I forget to mention that Debbie brought a very good zucchini bread that we also had as part of our meal. I hope I didn’t forget anything else.

I am typing all this on my word program because I found out something about our “reply” board. If you change ANYTHING in the format while you are typing, for example, if you resize the page, or if your attachment at the bottom of the page is something that the 3FC program doesn’t like and you have to use another one instead, then you lose everything you have typed. I started a post and had just typed a couple of lines and went to resize my page and lost all my post. So, be forewarned.
Old 01-06-2002, 02:02 PM   #93  
Little Engine That Could

To all my SEC Sugar Buster friends and sports fans, including Big Orange and Fillise, Fruitloupe, etc. here is a fascinating read about Spurrier and the other SEC teams that I think you will find amusing and also true. Enjoy!
http://espn.go.com/ncf/columns/forde_pat/1305836.html
Old 01-06-2002, 03:45 PM   #94  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Good Morning....or afternoon I should say! I'm alive and well, enjoying the beautiful day we are having!

Hope everyone has a great time on getting together in Florida...better not forget cameras and take plenty of mug shots to share with the rest of us!!!

Dan the Man and I went out to dinner last night and then to a movie. One of those miracle nights when both kids spent the night a friends.

I was watching the "Food Network" yesterday and they had an incredible cooking show in Morroco (sp?) DEB!!!! I couldn't help think about you and Eli and the chicken he made all of us, and found my recipes I had copied out of your cookbook, and was ready to prepare a feast! They cooked a recipe on the show for "Chicken Tangine with Loives and Preserved Lemons" that looked soooooo good. I went to my Moms and picked a gob of lemons, and am ready to roll!

Sef- Thanks for the warm welcome back. You are doing GREAT with your weight. Congrats for being on the board for a year....you are so close to goal! That's wonderful!

Yikes.....I have to go retrieve Nadia from a slumber-party....The Dad said they were up ALL NIGHT, so I'm sure she'll be a walking Zombie today!

Check in later!!!! Love to all, Nancy
Old 01-06-2002, 04:00 PM   #95  

Default tofu anyone

Hi gals,
I am new to this folder - but have been posting elsewhere for over a year. I love this WOE - it works well for me! As you can see, I'm another Floridian! We live in a retirement development of 600 families and love it here. Been in this state 30 years but we hail from NJ. I lead a support group for SB in our clubhouse on Saturday mornings. One of the gals raised a question about cooking with tofu - which I have never done. Is there a better brand? Do you know where I can find recipes that include tofu???
Old 01-06-2002, 05:32 PM   #96  

Hi Everyone, sounds like you FLA GALS had a blast yesterday. Sorry to hear that the day did not work out today with the nasty weather finally getting your way. Hope Frog & Mr. Frog were able to finish the race without getting sick. Sounds like they'll have a heck of a time getting back home as well with the weather.

DH got our tree down yesterday while I was at work, bless his heart. I hate to have to take it down. It's such a chore. Anyway, now all I need to do is get the rest of the decorations that he missed.

Having Chilly Chili Night at church tonight, so I made my Lentil Chili & a Chocolate CheeseCake with the Special K crust to bring. Smells so good in here that I'm tempted to eat BEFORE I leave with it

Was up a lb today on the scale. This yoyo drives me crazy. I'll go down a couple of lbs then all of a sudden I'll go up again. Oh well, I guess maybe if I could get back into exercising & drinking enough water I would do better, you think? But after I'm so beat from work I just don't have the energy. Yesterday was like a mad house. I worked a 12 hr shift with hardly a bathroom break, let only have time to eat lunch or drink even a cup of coffee, & I'm up a lb instead of down? Go figure.

Well, enough complaining. Sorry about that. Just came to say hello. See ya! 174/139/135
Old 01-06-2002, 08:38 PM   #97  
Tina2 in some circles...

Smile WW Pasta

Good Evening everyone!

Well just got through with dinner. This is the first time I've used the WW pasta (we had spaghetti). Amazingly enough the family liked it!! After all the negative comments on the looks of the pasta in the box (ewwww it's brown) I am quite pleased.

Went down to Whole foods today and was able to get 3 bottles of the agave syrup. I do some baking and would like to have that on hand. I have never baked using splenda or any of the other substitute sweetners. I've been downloading recipes from the files.

Catlover & Gatorgal I know exactly what you mean about exercising. It takes every ounce of will power for me to get on the treadmill. Even with the TV there, I can't really hear it over the treadmill. I do however go to Tae Kwondo 3 nights a week. I just started last week and boy is it a workout. My daughter was not to pleased I joined (she's a green belt) thinking Mom would cramp her style. I pretty much ignored her and talked with one of the other Moms that was there and joined with me.

I hope I have as good a week next week weight wise as last week. I am down 4 pounds. Have a great week everyone!

Tina in TX
229/225/150
Old 01-06-2002, 09:15 PM   #98  
sef

HiedieHo all!

I guess I've been AWOL longer than I thought, quite a job catching up with all the posts. I guess now that holidays are over we all are ready to get back to normal.

My dd made it home safely, actually made better time than I thought she would, Did stop off in Gatlinburg and Atlanta for her Hard Rock pins too.

Weather here has been damp and miserbale so I have been too. Par for the couse though.

ZANNE - You are so right! Shop and have SB foods available and there is less temptation. Glad to read that you are back to pre-Christmas numbers. My daredevil cookies were not successful in their attempt to jump PAST my mouth, poor things lost their lives trying!!! I never heard of tzatziki, maybe a recipe you should post if it's so yummy. Always looking for something new.

FILLISE - You're right about what 5' of snow would do to us. Friday night I went with some friemds to a choir concert (it was cancelled when we got there, bus broke down) everyone had on coats and layered clothing, one lady had her head wrapped in a woolen scarf....and there I was in a long sleeved top!!!! I guess my blood hasn't thinned yet!!!! Since we were all dressed up with no place to go since cancellation, we went to a coffee shop and had a good time chatting and drinking.

PRAVDA - I can't answer for others, but I knew that the things prescribed by SB were proven facts (read any article on dieting and they'll tell you whole grains, no sugar, low fat etc are better for you). It was just a matter of being willing to accept the fact and adopt the woe. I have never felt deprived (well maybe a little when it comes to mashed potatoes!!) and have never felt hungry because there wasn't enough to eat. I think, like so many other things, it's all in our mind. Get the mind set and the rest is easy!

CAT - It's alwayus the extras that get us! We can be good with the veggies, proteins and then some little thing makes us over indulge in it. We can have triscuits and peanut butter so why not? I know, I have done the same thing!

Exercise is the hardest thing for me. I know I should, but have a hard time sticking to it. I do pretty well with the Body Recall, but know I should get out and walk. I used to walk regularly in Milford and enjoyed it. Here it seems too hot and humid. Although what my excuse is in the weather we have been having lately I don't know!!!

WA - WTG on 4# loss! I find that on this woe that eating out isn't all that hard. When I first started I went to Olive Garden with some friends and couldn't find anything except salad I could have, and then they didn't have diet dressing. I think now that I know more about SB foods I could probably find something on the menu there.

FROG - Have been thinking of you. Read the posts onm the O town bash. Hope you didn't catch pneumonia in rain!

DEB - Sounds like you all had a wonderful time, a great get together with what sounds like entirely too much food even if it was SB legal! Liked your Fun Friday post. I think Story Board might be interesting for us.

BUS - I've learned that posting really helps whether I'm having a bad time or not. It seems the bad gets worse without a post. Mainly because of the support we get here, but also when you write things out it helps me put them in perspective.

RHROO - Of course we'll miss you!!!!!

MELF - have missed our chats. I remember when I was working, we often has a lot of black humor when we were over worked. Thank God the families didn't know what we would say to each other. Head traumas were seasonal, Christmas, New Years, prom time always had more accidents, presumably due to excessive drinking that goes on at those times. It's no joke!!

Congrats on 1 year Board anniversary. 36# is great.

Friday I took my decorations down, seems like fun to put them up, chore to take them down!!

I've learned to take something SB legal to church dinners too, or else go without and God forbid I should go without!!!!!!

JMUIR - Hope by now you have cleared those cabinets of non SB foods!! We don't need temptations, although they are easier to resist as we go along on this woe!

BOB - I think you really enjoyed being snowbound!! Seems you really had fun and really didn't care if you were stranded!!

TV - You have reminded me of pita pizzas! I usually make chips out of them! But love the pizzas. Right now I am on an apple kick too. Just trying to keep the doctor away I guess!

SHEANN - No use denying it, you will miss certain things, but as you go along it's really not such a hardship. I do cooking for family and they love mashed potatoes, my favorte. At first it really bothered me to fix them, but now I shrug my shoulders over it. Yet I know if I licked the spoon I'd probably be lost!!

Posting helps because we are all in the same boat and can understand. It helps when someone reminds us that we can do it, have to look at our goals.

MEL - Your dd is smart, tuna fish is good for her. Better than some other things she might have wanted to take along. She's making good choices, we probably didn't at her age. Maybe she won't have to face a weight problem. Let's hope so.

TREE - WRINKLE FOOD!?! Then how come as the weight goes down the wrinkles pop up? Before I had all that fat that plumped out my face and it was wrinkle free, now I look like I have a road map for a face. On my arms we can play connect the dots with my liver spots!

Glad another job popped up when you quit old one. Sometimes we have to make a decision such as you made. if you're not happy in your work it can cause so much stress in your life.

SOL - Sounds like you all had entirely too much fun. Glad you're sharing the story so we can all live vicariously.

ROSALIE - Your dinner menu sounded so good. It should reassure the newcomers that there is no need to stint when preparing a meal.

J - I never cared much for wrestling. I can remember when my grandparents were addicted to it in the days of Gorgeous George and Hat Pin Mary on TV! In Milford there was great interest because the neighboring town of Port Jervis, NY had two brothers who were Olympians and medal winners in that sport.

GATOR - I think you were trying to make us all hungry with the menu of the Otown revelers!!

NANCE - Thanx for the nice words. You do add so much to the Board.

NOMORE - Welcome. Where in NJ did you hail from? Although Milford. PA was my home for almost 40 years, I was born and raiswed in NJ. How great that you have a support group for SB in your community, it must be such a help to stao OP.

I think I have caught up with all the back posts!! Quite a fet if I do say so myself. Nice that we are all back.

Take care. sef
Old 01-06-2002, 09:25 PM   #99  

Thanks for the warm welcome back. You guys are great!

My new job is still at a fertility clinic, which is great. I thought I would have to leave the field! I'm still working at the old place for awhile (you know, "giving notice" and all that). I've become a persona non grata already with the management. Luckily, the rest of the staff are supportive and great friends to boot. I will miss them.

Sounds like you all have been having lots of fun while I've been gone!

Welcome to the Newbies! This is a great site, very supportive and informative.

I must say I've cheated a bit since the holidays. As for the exercise, what exercise?! Amazingly enough, just with the SB WOE I've kept the lost weight off. Now it's time to lose the next 16#, so I need to get on the TM too!

Well, gotta go, DH is wondering where I got to.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:11 PM   #100  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

BOB IS HOME!!!!

Got out of Atlanta just in time...walking thru the Sarasota airport the announcement said..all fights delayed our of Sara to Atl and vice versa...ATL to anywhere due to inclimate weather!

I'll check in tomorrow..I'm beat...the Atlanta airport is NEVER fun!

Deb...let us know when you get home!

BOB
Old 01-06-2002, 11:56 PM   #101  

Went to the Health Food Store today to look for some agave nectar. They didn't have any. I did find something that looks interesting. I found a hot cereal called "Brown Rice Cream". It's like Cream of Wheat but it is Brown Rice and it has "0" sugars. I don't know how it is yet, but I'll let you know.

I found a recipie on the recipie board for "hummus" and so I bought the ingredients to make that and some ww pitas and tortillas.

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.

Sheann
Old 01-07-2002, 06:10 AM   #102  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

It's a new week, and the NEW WEEKLY BOARD is up and running!

Here's the link!Just click on it and it will take you right to the new board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=12324

See you there!
Closed Thread