Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: From the list below, what seems to trigger you to eat off plan the most?
When I am happy 1 4.17%
When I am sad 1 4.17%
When I am stressed 8 33.33%
When I am angry 2 8.33%
When I am hungry 3 12.50%
When I am tired 0 0%
When I am bored 2 8.33%
When my hormones are raging 2 8.33%
I don't eat off plan, for any reason. 1 4.17%
Other reason 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 09:21 AM   #76  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning Everyone!

What a wonderful beginning to the day. Already got in my 4.5 miles, did it will 17 jogs in 50:21 So hot out there today, BUT, we are supposed to get that cool front later today-I can't wait. I'll wring the neck of every meteorologist if it doesn't materialize! Sure enough, the rains where here this morning. When I went to walk it was sprinkling, thought about not going in case it started to really rain, but said, what the heck-it sprinkled about half of my walk, not a big deal-glad I went.

What a happy site I had on the scale this morning! I HIT A NEW ALL TIME LOW TODAY!!!! 120lbs!!!! This is also my goal for the end of the month-though I think come the 31st, I'll be up, TOM is due So, I will gleefully be happy with today's results today, and worry about tomorrow when it comes!

Today is FRIDAY FACTS and this comes from a book I'd like to recommend, it's by DR. BOB ARNOT, titled DR. BOB ARNOT'S REVOLUTIONARY WEIGHT CONTROL PROGRAM I recommend it NOT for his program, but for some wonderful information he has in this book. After reading it, I have so many pages tagged in there that I would like to share with you all, but really, if you can find it at the library, do try to read it.

Anyhow, his INTRODUCTION in the book is quite interesting, and here's what he wrote:

The principal of this book is simple. Foods are drugs. Choose the foods you eat with the care and love that a painter chooses his favorite brushes, and you will transform your life. How? You'll enhance your brain's mood chemistry to deliver the self-esteem, mental energy, vigor, and power to hold the line against foods that make you fat instead of depending on stubborn willpower to endure hunger. You'll fundamentally alter your body's physiology from weight gain to weigh loss. You'll cut your hunger and craving for foods. You'll dump excess fat and gain muscle to reshape your body in the way you like. Do you doubt that foods alone really make such a difference? Remember, that the high-starch, low-fat, low-fiber diet of the 1980's sent American waistlines sprawling faster and farther than at any time in history.

The primary stumbling block for most people to truly change the foods they eat is the unshakable belief that only bad foods make you feel really good. The core premise of perfect weight control is that the best foods will make you feel great and speed weight loss so that weight control becomes a joy, not a burden. You may trade in the short-lived hit of foods as recreational drugs, but in return you'll gain a day-long glow from the magic foods that have allowed people from different cultures around the world to lead long, healthy lives in perfect form. To change foods for a lifetime, you need only experience how much more terrific you feel and see the remarkable differences in your body.

There's little wonder we feel badly when we are overweight. Sure it ruins our self-image, and creates a stumbling block to social and business relationships, but it also consumes more and more of our time ruminating about it. The solace we often take is in the foods that will make us even fatter, robbing us of our self-respect. But there's another reason that we feel so bad: Obesity inexorably changes the way our bodies and brains actually function. We come to reply on foods as recreational drugs to attain fleetingly a pleasant state of mind.

The revolution in perfect weight control is that you can first control how you feel with foods so that you have the power to change how you look. Just think of it. If you felt great every day, you'd have no compunction about eating the right foods. It's the syndrome or poor eating-stress, anger, anxiety, fatigue, even outright depression-that drives us to eat the foods that will kill us. Yes! We're committing a slow suicide by using fattening foods to recover from the foul moods caused by eating badly in the first place, a classic catch-22. I call it symptom-driven eating. Here's what I mean: When you ask yourself the question "What do I feel like eating?" you're trying to make a diagnosis. You're asking yourself:

"Am I fatigued?"
"Do I feel fidgety?"
"Have I lost my concentration?"
"Do I need an energy boost?"
"Did I let myself become too hungry?"
"Should I reward myself for starving all day?"

If you answered yes to any of those questions, the chances are that your last meal played a big part in making you feel fatigued, fidgety or anxious. Your last meal may also be driving you toward high-calorie, super fattening "comfort" foods such as cinnamon rolls, French fries, or bagels with cream cheese as a cure. If you were a doctor, you would be up for malpractice: faulty diagnosis, botched treatment. In medicine, as soon as a symptoms appear, disease has struck. The opportunity for prevention is lost. You now require strong medicines with all of their complications. When you cause symptoms by eating particular foods, you also create the need for strong food antidotes with all of their weight-gaining side effects. You'll literally need to eat a pound of cure when a few ounces of prevention would have done nicely.

This book will give you the satisfaction that you are finally brining every major weapon to bear int he battle of the bulge. Perfect weight control will end your obsession with food and fat forever by giving you tremendous control over what you eat and when you eat it, to feel the best you've ever felt. You will gain mastery over hunger, compulsion, and fat so you can get on with your life. I've found personally, as have many of my friends and colleagues, that our productivity has soared as has success in our careers when we learn to take control of what we eat.

Int he past fat loss was impossible to attain for most Americans without incredible dedication and personal sacrifice. In the dark ages of weight loss, tried and true methods were painful, had short-lived results, and were enormously difficult to stick with because they fought against the way the body naturally works far too hard. The long and short of it is that much of what was once used to lose weight was dead wrong.

That's just part of the introduction to the book-there's lots of great info in the book and again, I do recommend in reading it

MUSIC, sorry you had a hard time yesterday. Probably feeling yucky from eating off plan. I know when it's TOM and mid-cycle for me, I'm ravenous and NOTHING I eat, no amount of food seems to satisfy me. I definitely take in more calories than I normaly would, but always make sure they're SB LEGAL, that's the key. Eat and eat if you must, just make sure the foods are OP. I'm sure as your hormones stop raging, you'll be back to normal

SPARKLE, yes, Mandebrot is similar to a biscotti-let me know if you make them-what sweetener would you use??? Good luck on your presentation today!!! Hope it goes well

Time for me to go get a bite to eat and then jump in the shower. Lauren is in a Halloween play at school and wants me to go today to see it, so that's on my agenda today.

Will check in with you all later-hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

HAPPY DEBBIE!
194/120/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-26-2001, 09:25 AM   #77  

Oh yes, here's me, doing my happy dance!!!!
Old 10-26-2001, 09:28 AM   #78  
Little Engine That Could

SPARKLE--

"This is my weight. This is my body as it is. This is my life right here and now. This is my job, office, apartment, truck, neighborhood, city. All of a sudden I had this revelation. I felt silly spending so much time dreaming about all the ways things could be different, when things are perfectly good as they are.
I’m not saying I’ll never weigh myself again. Stopping is just something I have to do for the time being to stay focused in the present."

You are soooo right about taking each day as it is. When we hop on the scale to measure whether we’ve been “good” or “bad” then we miss the joy of the journey. Actually, I don’t think we need a scale to tell us if we’ve been “good” or “bad.” We know how we’ve been eating and if we’ve been using food the wrong way. And to let a number on a weight machine affect our mood is missing out on the good things about ourselves and our surroundings.

Of course, a scale is fine for measuring progress. But we fluctuate so much from hour to hour and day to day, depending on TOM, water consumption, etc. I commend you on focusing on the living of life, which is the most important part.

I have never watched any of the reality programs either. Oh! I take that back. One night when I was waiting for my DH to get home from a late meeting and decided to watch the boob toob while waiting, I clicked on to see what all the fuss was about. I find daily life more exciting, actually. Maybe we all are “Survivors” as we handle each day successfully. Maybe our choices about attitudes, problem solving, relationships, eating, choices, etc. are all part of our own personal “Survivor” show. When I watch TV, I normally gravitate toward sports, classic movies, or old reruns of Mayberry.

DEbbIE--I didn’t see any turkey neck, either. Absolutely! Didn’t see any at all! Maybe it shrunk away just for this pix. LOL
Yep, I can still go to the gym. I’ll still be going 2 days a week to lift those weights. My arms are still sore from yesterday’s session. Thanks for the advice re. the walking. Even when I am sitting down I have that slight bruised pain in my right foot. Maybe I’ll try biking during my wait for my orthotics to come back.

MUSIC--I would not be surprised if the sugar did it! It can be like a drug sometimes. I remember when I would eat a big dose of sugar I could almost feel it coursing through my veins. I feel the same way when I drink a significant amount of caffeine.

SPARKLE---AGAIN. In reading your post about your watching Star Trek, and your mention about how your up-bringing has affected you, I was reminded that the book I am presently reading would be one you might find captivating. It is called “Soul Survivor--How My Faith Survived the Church” by Philip Yancey. It is fascinating! I can hardly put it down. He describes his religious up-bringing and how negative it was, and the profound effects it had on his life, especially in his teenage and young adult life. He then has a series of short biographies of people whose lives influenced him and enabled him to dump some of the garbage. His insights are amazing, and he also doesn’t sugar coat ANY pills, either about the people included in his book or the church itself. The bios range from Martin Luther King to John Donne (yes, the English poet), to Everett Koop to Mohatmas Gandhi and more. I got mine at Sam’s Discount Club where it was a ton cheaper than Borders.

BOB--I’ve been thinking about a book you mentioned several month’s ago, called “God’s Diet” or something like that. I’ve been trying it out, just making it up as I go along. I’ve been eating even more “naturally” than usual for the past couple of weeks. Generally have plain oatmeat with apples or other fruit cooked it it for breakfast. Then veggies or salad for lunch with just vinegar or cottage cheese for a dressing. Some fresh fruits during the day, and a piece of chicken or fish for lunch or supper, along with some more veggies. I have included cooked dried beans or split peas and some brown rice to keep the calories up high enough. I still have the problem of sometimes not being hungry. I can remember when I was “sneaking” sugar or chips or whatever, my hunger pangs seemed to be fueled by those foods, candies, etc. Now that the holidays are staring us in the face, I am wondering how I will handle it when all the foods on the various buffets start calling my name. Will I be hungry? Will I eat just to be sociable, even eating “healthy” foods when I’m not hungry? Will I go into a tailspin? Hmmm.

Gotta go. Have to pack, and would like to run to the mall to get some long pants. It was so hot and muggy yesterday that last night we turned our AC back on, only to get up this morning to cool weather. It must have been in the high 60’s!

Take care everyone. Have a great weekend.

Last edited by GatorGal; 10-26-2001 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:33 AM   #79  
Mel

Default Me Too!

Very short post- gotta go to work but:
I saw under 150 for the firt time in 12 years!! I counldn't believe my eyes! 149! As, Deb says, I' lprobably be up at EOM but that was my Ocober target so tra-la tra-la again!

I'm borrowing Deb's happy dancer, so just look up at the previous post,

mel
Old 10-26-2001, 10:47 AM   #80  

Happy Friday everyone. Not really much to report, just thought I would check in.

I'm hoping that my truly oogly WIW was just an abberation due to pre-TOM. That afternoon I went through what I can only describe as a case of 24-hour hormone confusion. I just started on a new BCP and I think my body is trying to figure out what is going on. So, I'm hoping that next WIW will be much better.

I ordered the new TaeBoII tapes last night. I'm hoping that I can do better with that exercise than trying to go to the gym. I'm thinking that I will do better when I can just get out of bed in the morning, walk to the living room and do my workout. Especially because it is starting to get cold here in the Peach State.

MEL- CONGRATS!! Right now I can only dream of getting below 150. I don't even know the last time I was in that neighborhood.

DEBELLI- 120? I hate you. No, I really don't, but that hasn't even made it into my dreams yet. Honestly, I don't think that I will ever get that low. At this time, I think I would look a little weird at 120, since I don't think I look like I weigh what I do now. But, we'll see as things go along.

To all the rest of you, I hope that you have a great SB weekend. I will do my best. But it is hard to watch football and not have chips and dip. I guess I need to switch to pita and hummus.

Talk to you soon.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:52 AM   #81  

Hello All

Haven't been on in quite sometime now. Been real busy with school, work, and family. Doing good and down into my size 10 jeans now.

DEB- what is the recipe for whole wheat torilla chips?
Old 10-26-2001, 10:53 AM   #82  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

WAY TO GO DEB AND MEL!!!!!! I am so happy for the two of you!!!!! Awesome!!!! WOW, double WOW[/b]

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes. I am very happy that things are finally getting on track in my life, and will be even more happy when I get on track. I weighed on the scale this morning
and managed to gain everything back and then some, so let me reassure you that SB does work, and eating "our" way doesn't!!!!
I still have been excited about SB and have talked to alot of patients who are doing SB or have recommended it to them, and told them about the site, but so far haven't seen anyone post...maybe they are lurking

I'm up to 228, and my body fat is at 50%. Went to the store this morning and got prepared to have a SB day. Don't want to wait until my new start date of November 1st, cuase I'm ready to roll now!

Thank you for everyone's patience with me...I promise I am going to make you proud!
Old 10-26-2001, 11:00 AM   #83  

Default TGIF - WOW

What some losers - DEB AND MEL - THATS WONDERFUL!!!

I was back down to 146.5 this morning, so maybe I'm on my way back from TOM last week. This is still 1/2 lb from my lowest on SB, but I'll take it for now. I'm a'workin really hard!!

We are planning to take the kids to a Haunted Forest tonight for a hay ride type thing.... I know the folks that own the farm and its done very well. My oldest, Justin, wants to go in their Haunted Barn too (a separate thing, kinda like a haunted house), so I'll have to take him through. Little one is still too young for that much SCARINESS and DH is a chicken - he "doesn't like that kind of stuff" !!

Gotta run for now!!

See you LOSERS later
Old 10-26-2001, 11:59 AM   #84  
Goddess

Unhappy Friday morning

Still in somewhat of a funk. Nothin's moving--and I meannothing! I feel so bloated. Nothing a day in the reading room won't fix--but I still hate it!

Yesterday was better--at least until dinner. I was meeting a friend who got stuck at work and kept me waiting for 2 hours. It really wasn't her fault, but she kept calling and saying she was 20 way from leaving, so I didn't fix anything to tide me over. So guess what happened when we got to the restaurant--it was Mexican. Yup those tortilla chips on the table were just too much. Anyway so far so good today.

Deb--yes I feel sick. In fact I woke up in the middle of the night very nausious last night. I didn't have sugar yesterday (though I certainly OD'd on it the day before). It was 3 am and Belle thought the fact that I was awake meant we should play--so her pouncing on my stomach was NOT a good thing right then! I went through this when I first went on the prpgram. For two or three nights running, I woke up nauseated. I'm still a little queasy this morning.

Deb and Mel--I'm so happy for you both. As soon as the queasiness subsides, i'll do the happy dance for you!!!!!

Nance--good thinking--we gotta move when the spirit strikes. If you are ready now DO NOT wait until the 1st!

Ralynne--whooohoo on the size 10 jeans! It is good to hear from you!

Gator--are you going to the cocktail party this weekend? Did I ever mention that I am a UGA grad? I don't think you and I are ever going to be on the same side of this football thing!

Sparkle--I had an office-mate in grad school who decided to change her hair color. Within the space of a week she dyed it over 20 times. We laughed at her--literally sometimes it would be a different color in the afternoon than it was in the morning--I don't think she ever found just the right shade! My hairdresser won't let me color my hair. At 43 I have very dark brown hair with just a few strands of gray (thanks to my eye-talian grandmother and my father who at 75 has jet black hair with very little gray). He has convinced me that it is too much trouble to maintain for now--but he will let me know when I need to start. Towards that end, I have the perfect shade of Auburn (naturally) all picked out!

BOB--where is your 1.6l b lighter little arse? I have to do a seminar in Montgomery tomorrow and won't get to watch the Auburn Arkansas game in the morning. Who have y'all got--is it USC this week? I'm nervous about our game--we are living so close to the edge that one Sat. we are going to fall off!

Frog--it is nice to know that you are helping people in your work! How is the new survivor? I didn't really watch the other two--but have been thinking about tuning in to see what the fuss is about!

That's it--I have a lot of work to do to be ready for tomorrow. I may not be back on the board until Sunday or monday--then again I may be back on tonight!

Have a good day and weekend everyone!

Susan
300/240 /150
July 10, 2000
Old 10-26-2001, 12:19 PM   #85  

Hi everyone! I'm back. The trip to Orlando was great! GatorGal, her DD, and I went out to a nice cuban restaurant one night. Very good food & wine. Let met tell you, they are some pretty special people, and as nice as anything. I really enjoyed myself in Orlando. Since we can't have beer, I had to make do with wine. I think I've managed to put some major mileage on becoming an oenophile. It was only really hot and humid the last couple of days. Back to AZ, and boy am I pooped.

BTW, on the white zinfandel--it was way too sweet, does that mean SB is working? I was able to stay OP until Wed when I went to an afternoon tea, and there they were-fresh Scones w/ Devonshire cream, and choco dipped strawberries--I couldn't stop myself! Luckily, it was a small scone, and just 1 strawberry.

Congrats to everyone for the losses! I was afraid to get on the scale after all that wine I drank in Orlando! But I'm down to 142! Yay! I'm still suspicious that this is that 5 lb up/down due to water, but I'll take it on face value.

jmuir- just an FYI on the bcp, the docs usu say it takes 3 mo before your body adjusts to a new bcp. So don't get discouraged re WIW.

Debelli--great pic! I love your hair. I think you're right, you were a little hard to find under your curls, but they were lovely too. Wow, to be able to do straight OR curly. Not many of us can do that.

Solshine & Nance - congrats on the new jobs! They are so lucky to have you.

HELLO to everyone new, and everyone I missed. I thought the flight was just 4 hrs, but with the time difference from FL to AZ, it was 6hrs! Still dragging a bit. Talk to you all soon.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:48 PM   #86  
sef

Hi all! Remember me? I have not been AWOL because of being bad (Iwasn't), I just was alternating between not feeling great and being very busy to make up for it!

Wednesday was very bad! It was terribly HOT and HUMID here in the morning. I went to exercise class, as I usually do. The gym has no AC, there are a couple of small fans sitting on the floor, but believe me they do not cool anything unless you sit in front of them! Anyway, by the time we were done so I was. I got in car, turned on AC and sat. Started to drive home and had to pull over and sit a while. Then thought I'd be okay to run in store and get milk. WRONG! By the time I got home, I was whipped. Was washed out all the rest of day!

I finally got my projects all framed and into consignment shop. Hope they sell so I can have fun of doing more!

Am too far behind to catch up on all posts will try to answer a couple that come to mind.

SOL - so glad you have new job. NANCE too as well as your dh. On the reverse side, sorry about dh's layoff THUNDER.

MELF - How great you are to keep up with board as you have while on vacation.

GATOR - Hope foot feels better soon. Those 10 days to wait will seem like forever!

SCAMP - Have never been a Star Trek fan. Just never got into it, but dil and gd live and breathe it. There was a marathon of episodes on one of the stations here and they taped them all. They watch all the different "space" programs and got quote them chapter and verse! Even have a giant Trivia book on the subject.

Your attitude really reflects the Serenity Prayer, which is to accept things you cannot change, change those you can, and have wisdom to know the difference!

You have all made me think I better check the recipe board which I have not done in a while.

Hopefully I will post again soon and get back on track with the Board.

One last note. I made up my mind I hate the scale and will not weight until I go to the doctor again. I get so obsessed by it all.

Take care, sef
Old 10-26-2001, 01:57 PM   #87  

Afternoon All

Thought I'd get in a post before Michael gets home from school and says he needs/wants the computer.

Went to Lauren's play, she actually had a monologue to do, she was funny. There was one skit where this kid plays an old guy, he was hysterical. I thought my Mom would pee in her pants, it was so funny.

Speaking of Mom, they just got back from NC last night, been almost 2 weeks since I saw her. First thing out of her mouth-you look skinnier. Mind you, she says this with a "lool" of disapproval! I told her I've only lost 2lbs since Oct. 3-she says it really shows all of a sudden. She thinks I'm too thin-paleeeseeeee! I'm not into caring or trying to bother to please other people anymore, I'm the one the only one who I have to please-besides, as I keep saying, they are just not quite use to seeing me looking like I should, they still have images of what I've always been.

Eli & I are going to OUTBACK for dinner this evening with the elderly couple I mentioned before, I think it's their treat Afterwards, we're going to take them over to meet my Grandparents, actually more for Morris to meet my Grandfather and for Gramps to look at an old watch Morris has to fix-hopefully, my Grandmother will behave herself and be nice (any of you newbies that don't know, I have "issues" with my GM). Anyhow, that's my plans-between now and then, probaby read.

GATOR, when we see you in Orlando, you'll see that turkey neck for sure-don't think I'll be having any surgery before that time!

MEL, CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOO HOO GIRL! Isn't that just the most awesome feeling when you see that scale go down into unchartered territory!! WTG!!!!

JMUIR, I'm looking for that gain to come on any day now, TOM is due Wed and I ALWAYS have a gain-it's just one part of that wonderful cycle Hey, do you think I EVER in my LIFE thought I'd be at 120? Nope! Can't remember ever being at this weight ever before. If you're short like me, then it's possible-anything is possible-you just have to want it bad enough I wanted this more than anyone will ever know! Hey, how about pita chips and dip??? Though personally, I'd go for the hummus!

RALY, thanks for checking in-great news on those size 10 jeans! WW Tortilla Chips, I think you just need to bake them, watch them so they don't burn though, if they are ff, they tend to burn quicker than those with some fat.

NANCE, ahhh, it sounds like the OLD NANCE Glad to have you back and ready to get back on the wagon. As you said, this WOE works and it's time to get back to work. Good for you for not waiting til the 1st of Nov. I think when you know you're ready, you know, and you have a motivation today that you need to tap into. Most people try to wait and start their diets on a Monday, trying to eat all the crap they can on the weekend. I was ready on a Wednesday (hence, the WIW) and that's the day I started! You've already made us proud, your back with us, you'll just make us proud each day (no pressure there, huh?). Just let us know how you're doing!! {{{HUGS}}}

TV, I'm sure you're probably going to start a losing trend now, I usually do as my TOM fades away. I'm sure you'll see your hard work pay off. Have a great time at the HH!!!

FILLISE, you'll snap out of that funk-I've been there before and know it can get discouraging, but like I told TV, you'll see your hard work pay off-just be patient. When Eli and I hit Ole Ole, we get 2 salsas (okay, we're pigs, we probably eat 4-5 bowls each time) and I eat mine with a fork. If you know you are going to a place like that, try to prepare if you know that chips can be a weakness for you. Make some WW tortilla chips or pita chips and stick them in a baggie-whatever works!! I hope you're feeling less queasy today-I'm sure it will pass.

TREE, glad to hear you're back, safe and sound and that you had a nice time in Orlando as well as with meeting up with GATOR. I can tell you, in regards to your Zinfadel question, when I took a tiny sip of Eli's soda after not having any for a month, I thought it tasted like pure sugar and spit it out, it tasted aweful! I haven't had soda since June 2000 and probably would find it terribly sweet and hate it (as I did then). When I bake, people say there's not sweetness to things, yet when I eat it, it's sweet to me-so def., your taste buds do change! Does the 142 mean you lost, gained or stayed the same? Thanks for the hair compliment-alas, I'm back to curly today-maybe Sunday I'll blow dry it-depends on how lazy/creative I'm feeling that day.

SEF, glad to see your post-you know how we miss you when you aren't around a few days. Do you take water with you when you go to a class-hope so. I can't imagine no a/c-that's awful. It was hot here too and knowing how it was outside, I can only imagine how bad it is in a building with no a/c-please, be careful!!!!

That's it for me now-glad to get on here and get in a post before it takes me forever to play catch-up.

Check in with you all this evening sometime!

Toodles

Debbie
194/120/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Last edited by Debelli; 10-26-2001 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-26-2001, 02:44 PM   #88  

OH MY GOSH!!! The chocoholic in me has come out again! I finally gave the bag of candy away to another teacher. I still feel bad, but I will get back on track! I just have to remember how bad this episode has made me feel. Hope everybody has a great weekend.
Old 10-26-2001, 02:49 PM   #89  

Thumbs down Just popping in!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday! I am going to have a very busy weekend as it is time for the family reunion It should be really fun. Fried turkey is legal right? . I am doing better I think meeting my calorie requirements. I just double up at meals on my lean protein and that seems to be the boost I need. Also, added a fruit smoothie--1/2 cup skim milk,1/2 cup fat free yogurt,5 frozen strawberries and about 1 cup frozen blueberries ( no sugar added of course ). Put 4 splendas in and YUMMERS! Delicious!! I want to ask, where do you guys get those little animated pictures that move at the bottom of the screen? Well I am off. Wish me luck this weekend. Everyone have a good one and be safe.

Liz
Old 10-26-2001, 05:40 PM   #90  

This motivational and the words of several of you who have shared your concern over my recent decision to take a sabatical from this group, have really made me rethink my decision. So I ask that you allow me to change my mind and rejoin this awesome bunch of women.

Here is the motivational that sumed it all up for me....

If we give each other our full attention and really
listen, we can't help but become closer. I am
nourished by your attention, as you are by mine.

Often our attention is anything but focused: we ask
a question but fail to listen to the answer. We half
listen to the other person, at the same time thinking
about what we will say next, or about something
extraneous to the conversation.

Genuine communication includes pauses and
silences--times when we let ourselves feel the
impact of our friend's words, reflect deeply on
them, and frame our answers carefully before
speaking. In this exchange, we learn, share, receive,
and give. We are participants in a dialogue of mind,
heart, and spirit.

Today, I will focus my attention fully on someone's
words, if only for a few minutes. I will seek to
nourish and be nourished.

Touching, isn't it...

Thank you for caring about me, understanding, and for convincing me that even a once a week check in is better than not communicating at all.

Lara
Closed Thread