3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories-12/)
-   -   What can you do now??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories/83643-what-can-you-do-now.html)

Misti in Seattle 05-06-2006 10:14 AM

What can you do now???

Are there things you can do now which you couldn't before in your weight loss journey... or which are much easier now? I thought it would be fun to keep a list along the way! Soooo... come on.... why not share YOURS?

Here is my first list... after having lost 34 pounds.

Get up and down out of a chair or off of my mattress on the floor much easier.

Climb up and down stairs "adult" style without having to hold the rails (awkwardly but I can do it)!

Cross my legs; still not too comfortable but again it can be done!

Reach into the bottom file cabinet drawers at work without it being agony.

Go on extended walks without sitting on rocks and leaning on poles.

Wash my butt without having to maneuver around to figure out how to reach it(!!!)

Do housecleaning, etc., for longer periods of time without stopping to rest.

Not have to make sure laundry is constantly done so one of my three pair of "biggie underwear is clean! Narrowing down the "too small" pile to a very few pair.

Realizing that there is NO WAY I can keep wearing a few of my blouses, even though one of them was my "favorite." They are just toooooooooooooooo big and have to go!!

Retiring some "jumbo bras" forever!!!

nicolbw 05-06-2006 11:11 AM

I can now run a mile. I've never been able to do that. Not even in school during PE class. That is something I'm really proud of.

Misti in Seattle 05-06-2006 11:13 AM

Yay Brandi! :cheer: Good for you!!!!

lilybelle 05-06-2006 01:12 PM

I can get up off the floor without having to have my husband pull me up. I can get in and out of his jeep or my expedition without needing his help. I can sit at a booth. I can walk one hour straight on treadmill. I can go shopping without just looking for the benches in mall to sit down on. I can walk upstairs without getting out of breath. I can put on bathing suit and lay in my own backyard to get a suntan. I can play, I can live, I can breathe.

Jtjoray 05-06-2006 02:05 PM

I can play with my kids without being tired
I can RUN!!!!
I can fit in my cute underwear again
I can use stairs with out panting like a dog
I can get out of my bathtub by myself
I can wear my wedding ring again.....in fact it's too BIG now!
I CAN eat less and exercise!!

Glory87 05-06-2006 02:46 PM

I used to hate cutting my toenails. It was an ordeal, I was always red-faced and out of breath.

It's so easy now.

Misti in Seattle 05-06-2006 03:45 PM

Wow that's great! Some of the things you mentioned I still can't do... YET! :) Congratulations to all of you for your hard work and success!

Ready2ShedLBS 05-06-2006 04:27 PM

This is a list of things I couldnt do 98lbs ago...

I CAN :
- wear clothes that are in style for my age without going to a specialty store
- cross my legs
- groom my "girly" area
- see my toes :lol3:
- walk into a bar and drink for free ( not that I do this often.. but this is my "I CAN" list)
- be carried
- look in the mirror and like what I see

All this I couldnt do 98lbs ago. Im sure there is more but this is all that comes to mind right now. There is one thing.. has anyone else notived when shaving your thighs that there is so much less to shave?!? I dont notice the difference in my calves, but my thighs definitely.

veggielover 05-06-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS
has anyone else notived when shaving your thighs that there is so much less to shave?!? I dont notice the difference in my calves, but my thighs definitely.

teehee, theoretically you save more lotion, shaving cream, soap :D

boarderchick 05-06-2006 05:18 PM

One of the things I first noticed after 120 pounds lost, was being able to get in and out the the car more easily. The steering wheel was suddenly much further away from my belly than it was before. Took me awhile to figure out what was different! Silly me!

upswife 05-06-2006 05:27 PM

I can make the baseball "pop" in DH's mitt when I throw it!

aerotigergirl 05-08-2006 01:30 AM

I like this thread alot! Here is a short list of things I can do now that I couldn't do 40 pounds ago:

1. I can mountain bike! I can even carry on a conversation with a friend while riding my bike in the mountains!
2. I can go up stairs more easily.
3. I can exercise more easily.
4. I can wear tank-tops without feeling horribly self-conscious.
5. I can wear girlie clothes that look cute and cause people to look at me! (which still feels a bit weird, but I'm trying hard to get used to it!)

I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten here... But I really love this idea. Even though I have a long way to go, it's nice to stop now and then to count my successes.

Misti in Seattle 05-08-2006 08:50 AM

Yay I am proud of all of you! Lots of you can do things I still can't... but you give me hope and remind me of things to keep on plugging forward for!!! :cheer:

Several people have started telling me they can see a real difference in my face. Hey, I'll take weight loss anywhere on this body LOL.

Happy Monday! Go for it, everyone!

Hope we can keep this thread active as we all are able to do more things and come here to share them.

jessicaxmas68 05-08-2006 11:07 AM

hello, i am new and while reading the first posts saw this, seems fun so here goes...
i can do yoga positions i could't do, bedroom positions as well :p, wear my jeans again, shop in zara and other normal sized shops occasionally, listen to a compliment and not think it is a lie, shave in my intimate parts without guesswork, see my operation scar underneath my belly, wear my bras without spillage from the sides, touch my toes after a bit of a warmup, and paint my toenails with ease! my main goal is to see my hipbones again but by then my boobs will be in front of them :(

Angel33 05-08-2006 12:33 PM

Thanks for starting this Misti, I love these types of threads.

I can run up the stairs with a full laundry basket.
I can cross my legs.
I can sit indian style on the floor to play with my dd.
I have more energy to workout.
I can button some of my spring jackets.

There are still a lot of things that I wish I could do, but I'm getting there.

Leec