Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 01-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #1  
mom2cole

Default NSV: Gave up Pepsi!!

I haven't posted here much, but I thought I would share a small victory for me. I used to be a 4 can a day pepsi drinker, for over 10 years now and I finally dropped my pepsi intake down to 1 can a day and now I haven't had any for 3 weeks now!! Husband quit too and we have both lost a few pounds and feel tons better. All I can say it thank goodness for sugar free, calorie free and caffine free black cherry fresca, it doesn't taste diet at all. I think I like the carbination of the soda the most so finding something as a filler helps.
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #2  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

Good for you! I'm drinking diet Pepsi almost everyday. Sure would be good if I can give that up too.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #3  

That's great for you! Speaking from experience, that one is a toughie to kick.
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Yes, I know from experience that you definitely deserve a mega pat on the back for that one! I used to be a total Coca-Cola addict, then realized I was consuming several hundred empty calories a day so I switched to diet, but while it's certianly less caloric it can't be any healthier. Thanks for the Fresca tip; I'll be sure to look into it!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #5  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

I also gave up a regualr Coke addiction the first of January. Ive slipped and had 2 in the last 2 days. Thats not too bad considering I was a 6 can a day addict before.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:36 AM   #6  

Congrats! I have also given up soda for the most part and have pretty much been drinking only water. I heard that it helps with weight loss, and I REALLY want to lose weight, and I have found it to be much easier when drinking just water! I used to only drink diet coke, though. I figured it was okay because it had no calories. But it simply cannot hydrate your body like water can. If you start drinking enough water, your body starts to get rid of all the water it has been storing for you, which means you lose a bit of water weight. Although evil Coca-Cola came out with new Black Cherry Vanilla flavor that I've been dying to try, and might have to cheat and allow myself to have one, provided I drink enough water on top of it, LOL.
sandrea91483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:44 AM   #7  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Agree with what you said, sandrea91483. Water is the best form. Although any caffeinated drink is not as good, it still will hydrate you. Itís alcoholic drink that will dehydrate when you drink it. So I guess diet soda or coffee is better than not drinking any water.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #8  

Good for you! Soda was one of my toughest habits to break. I stopped drinking all sodas in November, and I had a sip of Pepsi a few weeks ago and it tasted horrible!

Congrats... I can't believe how bad soda is for our bodies.
incendiary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well done!

I've just hopped back on the Pepsi Max bandwagon after about a year without. I NEED my caffine!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #10  

Default I hope you dont mind

but I am a pepsi max gal 2!
Love my pepsi max ......yummy!
auzzie_mum_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #11  
mom2cole

What is pepsi max? Never heard of it?
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:18 AM   #12  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

I was one of the biggest Mountain Dew addicts you've ever seen.

I started cutting back in December 2004 - and quit for good in June 2005.

I have a sip of my DF's every other week or so - but it still doesn't even taste good anymore.

When I quit I moved to propel fitness water (grape) - but I finally cut even that out 2 months ago.

Now it's strictly bottled water and a glass of 0% milk a day - with the rare cup of juice (or treat of hot cocoa - still can't shake my chocolate cravings )
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i too switched from whole coke to diet coke and found that by drinking diet coke, i wasn't drinking enough water. so, it has been 3 weeks that i only drink water. now i did have diet soda when i took my kids to chucky cheeses, but then when i got home, it was back to the water. i do have a little bit of OJ in the mornings when i take my vitamin, but i doubt i even drink more than 4 ounces. I use one of the kids little cups and only fill it probably less than half way. or i leave some in it and refill it for my daughter to drink when she takes her vitamin.

and kicking soda is a very hard habit to break, so congratulations to us all who have done so.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I commend you for giving up the soda! It's really hard. Right now, I'm still drinking Diet Dr. Pepper, as it fools my body into thinking that it's having sugar when it's not! Once I get to 299, I'm going to cut it down to 1 can a day, and then slowly give it up.
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote