3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories-12/)
-   -   This is a weird NSV, but I did it for me!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories/74350-weird-nsv-but-i-did-me.html)

kitkatbahr 01-27-2006 08:16 AM

This is a weird NSV, but I did it for me!!

I know, this will sound kind of off the wall, but yesterday, I went to a thrift store and spent $2.00 on a pair of size 24 jeans that I kNOW will never fit me. See, I'm into size 16's now, for the most part, and heading towards 14 soon. So, why did I buy size 24? Well, I used to weigh almost 300 pounds (and I'm 5'7") and I wore a size 24 jeans. But, when I started losing weight a few years ago (it's been a slow, gradual process over the last 4 years), I never kept any of my size 24 stuff. I just gave it all to Goodwill. Now, looking back to where I used to be, all I have are some pictures, and not many of those. I thought it would be a great NSV if I could really put on a pair of 24's and see where I used to be compared to now. Wow! Wow! Wow! That was the best thing I could have done for myself lately. It really hit home how much I have lost and how my body has changed. They were huge on me. Just standing and looking in a mirror, I can tell I've lost weight and look at bit better (I'm down to 228.8 according to my new ww scale this a.m., naked), but it's really hard to tell when I see myself every day. And I have been buying smaller clothes, etc. but it just didn't really hit home until I put those jeans on yesterday. It really, really made me feel good to actually SEE where I was and where I am now. It was a great way to measure progress! Well worth the 2 bucks I spent on them. I am going to keep them til I reach goal, then try them on again and take a picture! LOL :)

Kathy
Merritt Island, FL

TribeFan 01-27-2006 09:14 AM

I'd say that was $2 well spent! :)

** Stacye ** 01-27-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribeFan
I'd say that was $2 well spent! :)

Ditto!!
Congrats on your success!!

pixiefalls 01-27-2006 09:42 PM

Amen and congrats on your weightloss! That's a good idea LOL. I was going to give all my size 22s and 20s to the mission since now I am in a lose 18 but I think I will keep one 22 just so I can keep comparing! I tried one on over my 18s (when the 18s were tight) and I showed my mom how much weight I had lost.. they were super huge on me and then I too realized how much I had lost:). It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Wisertime 01-27-2006 10:47 PM

Yep, I'm keeping a pair also. Part of me thinks I'm crazy for doing it but I think it is a great way to see just how far I've come. I'm looking forwad to the day they just absolutley fall off! :D

Lynn

Tani 01-29-2006 02:15 PM

What a great idea, I don't have anything left from my high weight days except for a jacket I want to get altered. I'm tempted to follow your example!

maegdaeien 01-29-2006 04:04 PM

That is such a great strategy! It's a very creative way to reinforce your change; sometimes when you lose weight you'll feel great, but after a while get used to it and not appreciate what you've done anymore. The old pants kind of force your eye to remember what you were like once, and how far you've come!

Cardiomonster 01-31-2006 09:31 AM

I kept the only pair of jeans I would (could) actually wear at my highest weight of 265 - which is a 22 (but probably stretched to a 24/26 as I wore them several times a week for over a year).

It's a big motivator to never let myself fall that far behind again

AND I can see how far my poor behind has come :D

DoingItForMyBoys 01-31-2006 09:36 AM

Wow, what an awesome idea! And major congratulations on your success so far.
Instead of being sometimes discouraged by looking at the sizes I can't wear yet, it would be a much better motivator to see how far I've come! I'm going to use your idea and keep something of mine that is too big, instead of giving them all to the goodwill like I planned. ;)

lumifan4ever 01-31-2006 10:24 AM

wow, that was a great thing to do. I am going to do the same thing. right now i just can't wait to get down one pants size from where i am. even with the 13 pound weight loss so far, i haven't moved down a size because i think i was on the verge of moving up a size. so i am happy with the knowledge that the pants i am wearing now don't cut me in half by half way thru the day.

BetterDays 01-31-2006 10:27 AM

Size 22 jeans = $2....feeling you get from seeing how big they are on you = PRICELESS ! ! !

Congratulations ! !

kayleystar 01-31-2006 10:36 AM

Great idea, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm keeping a pair of my 26's once I stop wearing them. I think I'm down to a 22 or a 24 now, but I can't afford to keep buying new clothes all the time. I wanna have a picture of myself in them when I reach my goal weight...kinda like Jared from the Subway commercials! LOL!!