Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #16  
Egy Kis Lany

Whoo-eee!
Congrats and thanks for the inspiration.

How exciting for you.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks so much for sharing your story it has given me great hope.
Stacey
Old 12-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/215/180

Height: 5'8"

Paperclippy.....

What a great story...I am currently in the middle of a crisis...I hate myself for being 215 pounds...I joined w.w...but I have to energy...I really have been trying to watch what I eat...but dont seem to have any luck...or will power....I have a gym membership but not much time to get there...I work 2 jobs 7 days a week...can you think of anything that I can do at home to get excerise in....and can you give us a sample of your typical day now for food..breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks....thanks so much....Tonya
Old 12-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #19  
The Resolute

CONGRATS Papperclippy!!! Your story is such an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing! You have always been an inspiration to me. Seeing your progress always helped me stay the course. Thank u!

Good luck and God Bless!
Old 12-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #20  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks again for the kind words everyone! I know you all can do it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyaclark31
Paperclippy.....

What a great story...I am currently in the middle of a crisis...I hate myself for being 215 pounds...I joined w.w...but I have to energy...I really have been trying to watch what I eat...but dont seem to have any luck...or will power....I have a gym membership but not much time to get there...I work 2 jobs 7 days a week...can you think of anything that I can do at home to get excerise in....and can you give us a sample of your typical day now for food..breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks....thanks so much....Tonya
I think one of the key things in terms of finally committing to lose weight is that you have to love yourself instead of hating yourself. IMO, eating well and exercising is about respecting your body, instead of putting bad stuff into it. So if you love and respect yourself, then you can love and respect your body, and move toward becoming healthier. I don't know if that philosophically works for everyone, but I like to think of it that way! As for getting exercise in, I'm sure it's really hard with such a busy schedule. Can you maybe take a walk on your lunch breaks, or in between jobs? What works best for me is going first thing in the morning before work, but you might not have time for that (sleep is important too!).

Nowadays, a typical day for me might be something like:
Breakfast - multigrain cheerios w/skim milk and some kind of fruit
Snack - yogurt
Lunch - sandwich made with deli sliced turkey (low-sodium if they have it), mixed salad greens, and sliced tomato on a whole wheat english muffin
Snack - piece of fruit (maybe an apple or pear), if I'm really hungry a piece of whole wheat toast
Dinner - pinto bean skillet chili (pinto beans, veggie broth, onions, bell peppers, and chili powder) with rice, or maybe homemade vegetable soup (with loads of veggies and elbow macaroni in it)
Snack - I don't always have a snack after dinner, but if I do it is either toast with jam or yogurt or if my sweet tooth is acting up, maybe some hot cocoa or a marshmallow.

Of course I don't eat perfectly every day (everyone makes mistakes!). I go out to dinner with my fiance one night a week and order whatever I feel like, sometimes including appetizers and desserts, but I try to only eat until I am full instead of stuffed (I don't always succeed, I am still learning on this one!). Sometimes we will splurge and bake a pie or something and I eat a slice of pie for an after dinner snack. But as long as it's not every day, I think it's okay!

Anyway, I hope that helped . . . there are a lot of wise ladies on this forum who know waaaay more about this than I do, so I'm sure you will find help from them all too!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:12 PM   #21  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Congrats on making it to your goal You're an inspiration to us all, seriously The post was great motivation
Old 12-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #22  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Question That is awesome!!!

Thanks for being so inspiring!!

Any tips on how to work up to the jogging? I have been walking 4-7 miles about 5 days a week and feel like I am almost ready to start jogging part of it. How did you work up to jogging six??
Old 12-04-2005, 12:46 AM   #23  
Going to my goal!

Smile

Congratualtions Paperclippy! Thanks so much for sharing your story. It is inspirational for all of us. I, too, am trying to make lasting lifestyle changes. I was thinking recently that when you have to struggle to get the last few pounds off (as I am doing now), it is a little bit like "aversion therapy," BECAUSE...you have to struggle...deal with plateaus, etc...that the thought of doing any major macking out...where you might actually gain back even ONE of your hard-lost pounds is just so-o-o "unappetizing," (pun intended)!

I pray to God that He will keep us all on the "straight and narrow," ...ha.

Again, thanks very much for your inspiring story.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #24  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

icmethinner (love your name btw) -- slow and steady wins the race! I started out alternating jogging and walking, then just jogged and tried to go a little bit further each time. I still jog at a snail's pace! Check out the Cool Runners thread on the exercise forum, they have a lot of good tips and info!
Closed Thread