Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #1  
Cynical RedHead

Default Small, but important, success

One of the other attorneys brought in two huge containers of homemade cookies and left them in the kitchen on our floor with signs saying "Please Eat!" As if that were not bad enough, someone else left 3/4 of an 11x14 birthday cake in our kitchen.

I did not eat ANY of it!!!! The cake was easy to ignore, but the cookies looked really, really yummy. And, I am on my way out of the office to hit the gym before going home.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Smile

Good for you for overcoming temptation!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:54 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

WAY TO GO!!! Fishwoman.....why oh why do they do that?...hehe, because they want someone else to eat them, thats why they leave it under your nose!!! great job on resisiting.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:07 AM   #4  
banned

yea wtg were they choco chip? if they were i prob woulda had 2. i probly also woulda eaten a tiny piece of that cake also
Old 10-15-2005, 03:25 PM   #5  

Free treats at work are indeed hard to resist. I've had well meaning coworkers offer my goodies, then try to convince me to sample after I say "no, thanks." They aren't trying to be mean, they just honestly believe that a couple of cookies or one piece of cake isn't really going to throw me off that badly.

For me, I find it useful to say "I choose to not eat that right now", either to myself if the goodies are just sitting there, or out loud if someone is urging me to just try one cause one isn't going to kill me, for goshsakes. The phrase is clear, but oddly sounding enough that it's not easy to mistake for a polite "Oh, I shouldn't eat that but I really want to..." type utterance.

I can't say that it works all the time, but it had helped me.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #6  

wow.. thats great!!!! I am still working on overcoming tempatations, but getting there..

congrats again!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2005, 05:34 PM   #7  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

I had something similar happen today. I have to be at work for an 8am meeting every Saturday, and someone brought in homemade chocolate brownies. She insisted I try one, but I refused, "Ugh! It's 8am! I can't handle something as rich as a chocolate brownie this early in the morning! I'm sure they're wonderful, but I really don't want one right now..." It worked.

(I don't know about anyone else, but for me it's never really too early for chocolate...but it was a good excuse!)
Old 10-15-2005, 11:21 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Good for you FishWoman!! I often say I'll have one later and later never comes
Old 10-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #9  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Free treats at work are indeed hard to resist. I've had well meaning coworkers offer my goodies, then try to convince me to sample after I say "no, thanks." They aren't trying to be mean, they just honestly believe that a couple of cookies or one piece of cake isn't really going to throw me off that badly.
I had to say no 5 times to a woman at work on Friday ...she is a twig sized person...she was waving chocolate cookies at me...

Some people just don't get it...she even knows I have food issues. Yay for me I mananged to refrain. They smelled really good, too. I knew if I started with a cookie I would go hit the stale donuts I had managed to avoid earlier in the day...then I'd be in the Halloween candy jar....
Old 10-16-2005, 09:48 AM   #10  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

good job on resisting!!! If its not one thing its another. Aren't we all bombarded with enough temptation? geez, sit and watch tv during the night after dinner. Its all about choices!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 01:49 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat
I had to say no 5 times to a woman at work on Friday ...she is a twig sized person...she was waving chocolate cookies at me...

Some people just don't get it...she even knows I have food issues.
Wow that's pretty rude. I guess she just doesn't understand. Well.... yay for you for restraining for sure! You are doing awesomely.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:37 PM   #12  
banned

i wish i could say later never comes! i wouldve taken the brownie home and had it after dinner!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #13  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

that is AMAZING self control! ...i have to do that with myself also, and i always make sure i praise myself afterwards for not touching, it may seem small, but its a big achievment for us
Closed Thread