3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories-12/)
-   -   I made goal!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories/34229-i-made-goal.html)

boiaby 11-08-2003 11:25 AM

I made goal!!

*I am posting this from my journal entry last week because I thought it was important to tell people that this can be done.

It has taken a little over 13 months, miles and miles of walking, an ungodly amount of water and a whole lot of restraint but I have finally done it. I started this journey at a little over 320 lbs. and I have now lost a total of 171 lbs. Actually one pound more than I was supposed to, to reach a weight of 149 lbs. (I'm 5'8") I just want to tell everyone to please never give up! I know you have all heard this time and again but here it goes again, if I could do it then anyone can!

I honestly had no control over my eating and I did everything I could to get out of doing any physical activity. Now I try to walk every day, I watch what I eat but still really enjoy everything I do eat and I am a healthier, stronger person than I have ever been in my life. Please, please, please never give up, it is so worth all of the sweat and tears. My 6 year old daughter can fit her arms all the way around me when she hugs me now, that alone is worth all of it.

"Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want the most."

Beverly

Scuzin 11-08-2003 11:12 PM

Congratulations!!!
Hearing success stories are always an inspiration.

Marti 11-09-2003 01:12 AM

:cp: :cp: Congratulations!!! :cp: :cp:

You are truly an inspiration!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Marti

oregonchick 11-09-2003 09:38 AM

good job! you are a true inspriation.

Niecey 11-10-2003 06:26 PM

Congrats! Beverly! It's people like you that keep me going. I seriously know what you mean by the not giving up part. I've been trying to lose weight for as long as I can remember but it really seems like this past year it has really sunk in that I need to do something about my weight.

Starting January 2003 so far I've lost around 22 lbs. (People think I've lost much more, but I carry my weight well.) It's slow going but I keep trudging on.

You lost quite a bit of weight in little over a year. That is awesome!

BTW: I have family that lives in Conway, AR. My mom, sister, daugther, friends...LOL :-)

Jolka 11-10-2003 08:21 PM

Congrats Boiaby

I get so motivated when I hear success stories like yours.
Did you follow any specific diet plan or just exercise and healthy food?
Wow,that is a lot of weight to loose in only 13 months.

diphthong 11-10-2003 09:28 PM

Phenomenal! Best wishes for a healthy future, and sincere congratulations!

dip

tonic 11-11-2003 12:19 AM

Thats is awesome!! Congrats!!!!

Skinny4baby 11-11-2003 02:58 PM

I am so happy for you!...I can feel your sincereness in your thread. You must be so proud of yourself. I am still struggling to get the COURAGE to do it?..I am so glad that you had the courage to stick with it..and make it happen for YOU. I know that your daughter has to be so proud of her mom.

May your success continue..and may you be blessed with good health always!:D

Giovanni 11-16-2003 02:57 PM

Great work! Very proud of your success and I will try to get there too!

PStanley 01-15-2004 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boiaby
*I am posting this from my journal entry last week because I thought it was important to tell people that this can be done.

It has taken a little over 13 months, miles and miles of walking, an ungodly amount of water and a whole lot of restraint but I have finally done it. I started this journey at a little over 320 lbs. and I have now lost a total of 171 lbs. Actually one pound more than I was supposed to, to reach a weight of 149 lbs. (I'm 5'8") I just want to tell everyone to please never give up! I know you have all heard this time and again but here it goes again, if I could do it then anyone can!

I honestly had no control over my eating and I did everything I could to get out of doing any physical activity. Now I try to walk every day, I watch what I eat but still really enjoy everything I do eat and I am a healthier, stronger person than I have ever been in my life. Please, please, please never give up, it is so worth all of the sweat and tears. My 6 year old daughter can fit her arms all the way around me when she hugs me now, that alone is worth all of it.

"Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want the most."

Beverly

It is totally awesome that you have achieved your goal. My question...is how did you do it? You said you had no control over your eating...What did you do that started giving you the control to loose sooooooo much weight????

Summerlover 01-16-2004 11:34 AM

Reading this thread has given me so much hope for the future. I am beginning all over again, and right now, I find it hard to believe that I will achieve my goal. So, thanks so much for sharing your success. It helps me to feel much more hopeful.

Summer

boiaby 01-16-2004 05:42 PM

Thanks guys! PStanley, I wish I knew what was different this time from all the others. It just wasn't a question for me, I had to do this. And once I started losing and seeing results, it kept me super motivated. I kept thinking that I've come this far I can't stop now. Don't get me wrong, I hit some pretty rough spots just like everyone, but I somehow managed to pull through and keep on going to the end. Please feel free to pm or email me if you ever want to talk about anything, this is a long hard road and I would love to help if I can.

Beverly

blugirrl1 01-19-2004 07:18 AM

Wow! that is incredible, congratulations!!

Roc454 01-22-2004 08:09 PM

Wow and Congratulations

I loved reading your story. I have struggled to lose and was successful at the beginning but i have hit a major wall and stalled. It is so fustrating to do what you know you need to do and still not see any results. Your story showed me that it is possible and not to give up. Stories like yours motivate me to continue in my struggles in the hopes that some day it will pay off. I notice now that I have lost a considerable amount of weight that I have lots of baggy skin on my arms, legs and torso. I was wondering is there anything that can be done about that ... besides surgery? Also do i need to take into consideration that extra skin when determining my goal weight. Is it unrealistic for me (5'4" ..... 39 yrs old) to be 129 with all this excess skin that I carry around?

275/156/129