Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #91  

Besides hitting the beach, I also want to wear a big sweater that comes down over my wrists and look tiny and cute in it. And I want to be sipping a non fat latte while I'm wearing it.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:00 AM   #92  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm going to keep one outfit (pair of pants and a shirt) that I wear now (I'm size 20 - Canadian)...

When I lose the weight and reach my goal, I'll buy a whole new wardrobe, and whenever I feel like binging, will go to my closet and pull out that outfit to remind myself of the hurt, abuse, embarassment and put-downs I had to go through my entire life.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:55 PM   #93  

I can't imagine being able to buy clothes in a "normal" store- just being able fit into the XXLs at Target is good enough for me right now. I used to be a 26/28 but I'm down to an 18 shirt/ 22 pants. When I lose the weight I'm buy a pair of James or Seven jeans, and I'm going to try on everything in Urban Outfitters. Sigh... one of these days.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:45 PM   #94  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Shellsbells, it feels great to go to misses and juniors and not the dreaded "fuller figure" nowadays. I was in a 22/24 and just bought a size 8 in misses pants. I didn't wait on A goal. I've been buying something every few pounds. LOL! My hubby's pleased with my progress, displeased with my spending.

Tamaralynn, I wish I'd have thought of that. I'd already given everything to Goodwill, then was cleaning out some of the winter sweaters in the back of the closet to take and hubby mentioned that I should keep one. So I did. But I didn't think of it before I shipped all the pants out. The sweater looks like a sack on me.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:28 PM   #95  

I have to keep buying jeans as I lose more- when I started doing Pilates I lost inches really fast and one day was walking up some stairs and my pants fell down around my knees!
Old 08-17-2004, 04:42 PM   #96  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

LOL!!! I bought a pair of pants on Friday, they fit nicely. Yesterday when I wore them, they kept slipping down LOL
Old 08-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #97  

What a fun thread! I've got boxes of old "pre-pregnancy" (four years ago, ha!!) clothes that I'm going to dig out and try everything on and decide what to keep and what to give away because either it didn't hold up, out of fashion, just doesn't look right anymore...I know I used to have about 20 pairs of jeans and slacks, plus skirts and shorts, now I make do with 3 pairs of pants and two skirts because I don't want to waste any more money on "fat me"! I can't wait to have some variety in my wardrobe again.

Anyway, I've just started LA Weightloss with 86 - oops, 84! - pounds to go. When I finish the entire program (weightloss and maintenance) two years from now, I'll get 1/2 of my program fee back - over $400! And I'm going to buy myself a new engagement ring! Mine was stolen when our house was broken into a year ago - wouldn't have happened if it hadn't been too small! Anyway, I've got the new ring all picked out, it's GORGEOUS.

As for an IMMEDIATE goal when I reach my goal weight (if you can call 10 months from now "immediate"), I'm going to throw out all my shoes and start over from scratch. I've had to buy up to two sizes larger than when I was skinny, just because my feet are fat, and I want to go back to being the girl with the tiny feet!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:24 PM   #98  

The frist thing I plan to get back into dancing full force. I havn't been on stage since high school and I really miss it. I take some classes now but dancing when you 60 pounds over weight is really uncomfortable.

Frist thing I plan to buy is mini skirts, low rise jeans, and shorts!!!! As many as I can afford. I've never really be able to wear them. I want to buy some clothes from Fredricks of Hollywood. I want to wear a string bikini on my South Beach trip next spring. I wanna wear fun sexy clothes other girls my age (I'm 23) wear. There are so many things I wanna do I can't even name them all
Old 08-24-2004, 06:34 PM   #99  

I thought of something else I want to do:

I want to exercise with confidence in public. You know, rollerblading along the beach, surfing/body boarding, going to the gym, etc.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:25 PM   #100  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
Frist thing I plan to buy is mini skirts, low rise jeans, and shorts!!!!
LOL Sounds like me. I'm just getting to the point of being comfortable wearing them. I still want to lose a bit around the mid-section, but the legs are doing fine, so I own 2 miniskirts. ROFL I was at a point where I was shopping in men's just to get shorts with straight legs and not the wide-angle elephant style legs they had for the "fuller figure" women.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 116/105/75

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, there is so much information - I am still wading through.

In June I joined a weightloss club with a friend and have lost 18 pounds since Christmas. A couple of weeks ago I bought myself a pair of jeans. Still large in size but they are 2 sizes smaller than before and they are getting looser by the day.

When I get to my goal weight I want to go for a swim in a pair of bathers only. I want to discard the oversized t-shirt. That would be fabulous.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:45 PM   #102  
Losin' it forever!

Default Great thread

This is such an inspiring topic! I have loved reading about all the things you want to do once you reach goal!

For me, shopping at someplace like Lands End. I'm a casual girl and not much for dressing up, but to look good in casual clothing...sigh!

I'm gonna take horseback riding lessons! I have always wanted to learn how to ride!

I want one night of totally fabulous sex...like the ones you read about in some of the romance novels and don't tell me they only exist in books! This is my fantasy, darn it!
Old 09-09-2004, 06:49 AM   #103  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
I'm a casual girl and not much for dressing up
You might be in for a surprise when you get toward your goal. I'd have never thought you could ever get me into a mini-skirt or those hippie type tops they sell these days. My clothing style is completely different now. And for the first time in my life, I'm buying underwear sets. No more grannie panties!
Old 09-12-2004, 01:08 AM   #104  

For me, I would have to say that I can't wait until I can buy a dress that just flows with my curves and actually be comfortable being in public. I just want to be able to get someone to watch my daughter and get the much needed night on the town with my husband. I did try on some old clothes today and they actually fit (although they were snugger then I care to have them). At one time I wouldn't buy clothes... just wear my husbands since I kept going up in sizes. Now I am still more then I would like but am wearing anywhere from an 8 to 12. That is a good thing. I did buy me a skirt today although it is a bit short but as soon as it is a little looser that won't matter anymore.

HW-180 SW-155 CW-155 GW-125
Old 09-12-2004, 05:23 PM   #105  

I haven't been to this site in a while, but I am back and trying again. I know I am not near my goal weight or anything, but this caught my eye and it is really making me feel motivated
I am going to buy some stylish new clothes. But, I might also go and get my picture taken at a professional studio, I haven't done that in years.

Last edited by BlondeChick; 09-12-2004 at 05:34 PM.
Closed Thread