Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 06:24 PM   #61  
Head Princess

Ok, my previous comment about making my goal by February was obviously unrealistic since I'm not there, yet. Revised goal is July. I think that's doable since I'm only 17 pounds away.

I'm still going clubbing as a reward. I'm also going to get myself a free standing full length mirror. I haven't had a full length mirror in my home for 8 years!
Old 02-19-2004, 10:09 PM   #62  

I've been at goal for 6 months. Is there ANYTHING as much fun as buying a whole new wardrobe? I'm totally in style and must say I look pretty darn good.

I also now buy Cosmo and Glamour, a big deal for me, since I used to only read Better Homes & Gardens.

I cannot tell you how amazing it is to feel good about yourself and have energy all the time.

Stick with it you guys, do it your way -- if you get bored, change something; make a new recipe, buy a new exercise tape, get a new hint online.

Good luck!
Old 03-28-2004, 11:42 AM   #63  

Smile

I need to update since Im the one that started this thread. Not too long after I started this I became pregnant with my dd.

I put on more weight than I had hoped so Im back dieting again as of today

My goals have changed a bit,

I want to be healthy and be able to keep up with my daughter as she grows and cant wait to be "one hot mama" especially since Im feeling like a mom blob lately
Old 03-29-2004, 07:41 AM   #64  

Default my motivation

hi everyone,

im new here and love this.

my highest weight was 228 got down to 204 then started back up to 221 so i joined t.o.p.s.(take off pounds sensibly) it is a non-profit weight loss support group. 20.00 to join and very low weekly dues (our chapter is .50) There are thousands of chapters around the world. go to www.tops.org to find one near you if you are interested. i guess my motivation is the weekly weigh in and knowing it is being recorded. we have information, support, contest.and more, but most of all we have a lot of fun.

i tell myself every day that i am NOT on a diet but that i have changed my BAD eating habits. i will get healthy and i will survive. it took me 44 years to get to where i am now so dont expect to get rid of it overnight.

i didnt even realize how much i ate when i wasn't even hungry. like at work
( buzzer goes off for break so i would eat) or hubby wants lunch and i would eat too even tho i was not hungry yet (we have been maried 21 years and he still wears 32" waist jeans and weight is 145) . or just board so i would go to the fridge. now i am only eating when i am trully hungey and am eating healthy .i am exercising somewhat but nothing to extreme (walk a mile in 25 mimutes) i joined tops march 11 at 221 1/2 and on march 25 was at 212 1/4 so hope to keep going at this rate, but i wont let a gain discourage me.

Well i better end this and i will keep coming back here for more motivation and support.

TALK TO YOU ALL LIGHTER !!!!!

Peg
Old 03-31-2004, 11:29 AM   #65  

Fabulous thread! Its so fun to read about all those desires!

I want to wear a bikini again - when I wore them in high school I always thought I looked terrible - seeing pictures of it now I realize I was CRAZY to feel that way! Oh to be 17 again.....sigh.

Then I'm going to go out and spend money on cute shoes like I've always wanted to do! Sensibility be damned - $80 for cute strappy heels isn't THAT bad!

And all those cute Marines at my brother's base better watch out b/c I'm going to go visit him and hit the beach EVERY day!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #66  

Talking

I'm new here. But i just wanted to share my goal. Once i get down to the right size, i'm gonna take some "girly" pictures with my Camaro. Not nude or anything, but I'm a total car nut and think i'm soo much prettier than those car girls, not that i'm conceited or anything. It's taken me a long time to get this way. My later goal will be having a baby. I told my husband I wanted to be thin before we got pregnant so I would be obviously pregnant, not just fat looking. haha.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I would buy some nice shorts...I havent worn shorts in about 2 years cuz Im self consious about my legs actually make that shorts and a tank top lol I find myself covering my arms too....I have horrible stretch marks on my arms from the rapid weight gain I went from a size 4 pre pregnancy to a 15 post pregnancy and it only got worse from there.
Hope All is well with everyone!!
Michelle
Old 04-08-2004, 04:44 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

tank top - tucked in, cute shorts, high heels, tattoo on my back of an elephant but would probably never get the nerves to go out the door.

Tiki.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:30 PM   #69  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-150
Fully restored Harley Sportster when I hit new goal 200 lbs by then I'll be
Jack-210 Oh yeah maybe some leathers too!
Jack! Right on! Learning to ride was my major motivation!!! And being entirely clad in black leather is exTREMEly good for one's ego
Old 04-09-2004, 06:59 PM   #70  
Meg

Quote:
Fully restored Harley Sportster when I hit new goal 200 lbs by then I'll be
Jack-210 Oh yeah maybe some leathers too!
Ladies - I know Jack in Real Life and he's one good-looking now. The vision of him in black leather ... on a motorcycle ....

... is it hot in here or is it just me???
Old 04-15-2004, 05:33 PM   #71  

Default A polka dot bikini from Victoria's Secret!

So cute......

Last edited by kittykitkat1971; 04-15-2004 at 05:34 PM. Reason: link didnt work
Old 04-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #72  

I loved reading this. Soooo many great ideas.

I actually still have all of my clothes from prepregnancy. Size 6. Lots of cute jeans. I cant wait to put them all on again.

I had always wanted to get my belly button pierced, So I am going to do that for sure. Someone earlier thought they were too old at 31. I guess I don't know any better still.

I was planning on a tatoo right before I got pregnant. But I chickened out. So I may do it this time.

The only other thing I want is new scuba gear. I have not been diving in a long time and I am already planning my trip
Old 04-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #73  

This was a fun thread to read!

Gee ... what would I buy/do for myself when I reach my goal weight? Um.

I dream of being able to ballroom dance well. and folk/country dance. And I really, really want to take those "ballet as exercise" classes. Many, many years ago, while I was still in college I took a beginning ballet class there. It was the very best thing I could have done for both my body and my mind. (I was at my now goal weight of 145lbs. back then.) My body looked a whole lot better at the end of that semester than it did at the beginning. Just goes to show what exercise can do for you.

To go out dancing every weekend. Yeah! That's what I'll do when I get back down.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:32 AM   #74  

I want to run a marathon..or at least a mini marathon. I can only imagine the empowering feeling it will be to have run this marathon of weight loss and then get into the shape necessary to be able to run physically for a long distance. I visualize that moment of crossing the finish line as symbolic of so many things in my life.

Once, long ago when the DH and I were discussing my weight, he admitted that he doesn't care about it except he worries about my health and he wishes that every once in a while he could pick me up and carry me off to bed. I have decided that yeah, that would be kinda cool.

I look forward to those days, but I also remember that I can't get too anxious and sabotage myself, I must be in the moment at all times. I have begun the steps for beginner runners, though, and the DH has begun lifting weights, so maybe those days aren't so far off as they seem.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:23 AM   #75  

Red face Skyfirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Tab
Hello Ladies...

When I saw this thread I had to post. I have been on my weightloss journey for over 5yrs now and have lost a total of 119lbs. I have finally reached a happy point...I am 33 and I got my belly button pierced about a year ago and I love it (the actual piercing didn't hurt it was the healing process)...and I just wore my first two piece to the pool this weekend and I loved to show it off. You too can reach your goal....just remember slow and steady wins the race. Keep up the good work.
Well how correct you are in saying it takes time and slow is better. I haven't taken off a ton of wieght but feel good about keeping it off. I have only lost about 8lbs. but would be happy with just losing another 10 to reach my goal. I figure others that I work with have gone on the Atkins and lose quickly but will it stay off? I started with South Beach and then learned a few new good eating habits and have been in stage 2 for awhile of course eating a few extras from time to time. But overall I feel good look better and keeping it off is important. I try to weigh in a couple of times a week. When I see the scale go up I get back to watching myself again. Any good tips on losing I would be glad to hear them. Good luck and lets keep it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread