Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2001, 12:19 AM   #16  

I can say that I finally lost all my pregnancy weight (my daughter is almost 10 months old now)! I still have a way to go though, I was overweight even before my pregnancy.

191/175/135
Old 01-04-2001, 02:16 AM   #17  
Running Babe

Great Topic. Congratulation to everyone on their successes. I have yet to acheive my goal weight, but since I started WW I have lost 60.2lbs and from my highest weight 3 years ago I have lost 73lbs.

What has been my reward? Tons of energy, smaller clothes (I am finally out of the plus sizes) and just feeling better in general. People really notice the weight loss now (though it took a while, most people have only started noticing during the last 15lbs or so). I also now notice my collar bones, the bones on the back of my hand and on my feet.

I am only 23 and have been chubby since I was 8 and probably was actually obese after the age of 12. Being under 200lbs feels fantastic (I have been over 200 since I was 13-14)!

I have 30lbs or so to lose and I know I can make it to goal!

Good Luck to everyone with the weightloss and remember even little successes are fantastic (5lbs, 10lbs, being able to run for 10 minutes without struggling).

Cheers!

Ali

243.4/183.2/150-155
Old 01-04-2001, 04:52 AM   #18  

Hi, there. This is the first time I'm posting. I wanted to share my little successes, because, so far, that's all I've got! I started my WW just before Christmas, and lost 8 pounds, and I think I've gained most of it back. But today I joined the gym and got back on track, so I'm going to use this bulletin board as an incentive to record my little successes. I so often don't see the little steps as important because they are hardly noticeable. So thanks for this board! Good luck everyone.
Old 01-04-2001, 05:51 AM   #19  

You are all an inspiration to us starters... I have 60+ lbs to lose, and look forward to sharing my success stories with you all.

roma - there is a group under Support called Valen-tiny's, we set short term goals & support each other through them, right now we are working on losing a collective 230+ lbs before Valentines Day - come check it out.

It's a great way to get support and by setting small goals we get to celebrate success more often! All are welcome, come on over and introduce yourselves!

Roo

Old 01-04-2001, 06:23 AM   #20  
Chick

Here is my "success story", such as it is. Every year since I can remember I start with great intentions not to eat all the holiday goodies, and each year I find myself at some party or event next to the fudge dish, having cleaned it out. January has always been ****, with waistbands and buttons too tight, and no energy to really get on track to do something about it.

I started WW 123 (again) in September 00. Since that time I have lost 22 lbs. Sure it could have been more, but I feel tremendous with just that amount off so far. But the really exciting thing is that I was in control of my eating during the holidays like never before. Oh sure, I didn't stay totally OP, but I did so well in comparison to past years. And I didn't gain...that's the biggest deal of all for me!! I can face the New Year, knowing that I really can do this for the first time in my life!

YAYAY to every one here...we all have some measure of success in our lives, even if we have to hunt a bit to find it! Hang in there, we can do this!

Warm hugs,

------------------
~ Tina ~ 263/241/237(10%)
Old 01-04-2001, 11:27 AM   #21  

It's so wonderful to read everyones posts. It's amazing how you can feel the excitement right through the computer. We're all doing great. Let's all keep it up through the new year. Congratulations! and keep feeling proud.

Yesterday I dared to struggle.
Today I dare to win.
-Bernadette Devlin

Ann K.
271.8/181.8/150 (-90)
Old 01-06-2001, 07:26 AM   #22  

I have been on my diet since New Years and I have lost 4 pounds. Since we are reporting small losses, I thought I would put mine in. Everyone here who has commented on this page is so inspirational. BlondeBlue, thanks for starting this topic.
My goal is to lose 90 pounds by summer. I have lost weight before, but it all came back.
Pretty Face
231/227
Old 01-06-2001, 09:13 AM   #23  

Hi, everybody!

I maintained over Christmas and am surprisingly quite calm that I didn't lose (and ecstatic that I didn't gain). I guess wisdom really does come with age and I really have started counted blessings instead of always beating myself up because I'm not perfect.

I pulled out some of the pants that I have in storage in my closet - seems like most of the closet is storage! However, some of them fit and I really didn't expect 17.6 lbs. to make that much of a difference. Yahoo! One pair is a teal green that I love and, since I don't have anything that goes with them other than white T-shirts, I think that I have an awesome excuse to look for a new top? Whadda ya think??

Old 01-06-2001, 08:40 PM   #24  

Thanks everyone for the great successes, even though I am now approaching the maintaining stage, these exciting little changes our bodies and mind goes through keeps me going!

I really feel I have a message to get out there, I was so fed up and feeling terrible about myself, yet was intimidated by how many times I failed in the past. Those failures led me to where I am today. How I feel is so much better than the junk food I used to be so consumed by.

Pretty face, you are on your way, congratulations, your name reminds me of what I was told my whole life....I have been there.

ex-farm kid, congrats on maintaining over the Holidays, what a tough time of year, so many temptaions...I really struggled, didn't gain though.

Can you all stand one more "success"...meeting someone new, I realized that this person who never met me before, was seeing the real me, not the girl who used to be fat and lost a ton of weight...just a girl who is fit and the self-confidence to hold my head high! A pretty cool feeling!

It is within ourselves and my thoughts are with all of you!

BlondeBlue
240/149/?
Old 01-07-2001, 02:39 AM   #25  

What a great board.

My small success today is that I didn't eat a chocolate bar that was calling my name! This same chocolate bar was calling out to me last night, but instead I had a cup of hot chocolate!!

My other mini success is that I have stayed relatively on track this week for eating. I have been watching my portions and emotional eating, adn I am doing WELL!!!

Keep up the successes!!

Lindsay
165/165/135

Old 01-07-2001, 02:40 AM   #26  

What a great board.

My small success today is that I didn't eat a chocolate bar that was calling my name! This same chocolate bar was calling out to me last night, but instead I had a cup of hot chocolate!!

My other mini success is that I have stayed relatively on track this week for eating. I have been watching my portions and emotional eating, adn I am doing WELL!!!

Keep up the successes!!

Lindsay
165/165/135

Old 01-07-2001, 08:41 AM   #27  

Hi all, let me start by saying that I am not complaining here but I thought this whole eating thing would have been solved after losing the weight I have...it is easier, not indulging in all the junk I once did, its just not as automatic as I imagined it would! Am I making sense? It just goes to show that this will be a continued choice of mine, to eat healthy and continue the exercise. I do need to give myself a break though with the whole eating thing because I need to remember how addicted I have become to daily exercise, that will make up for slipping now and then. I am human! I hope I am making sense, I know you all understand...this whole experience has been mentally changing as well as physical, and all for the better. It is within ourselves...

Lindsay, awesome job! What a great feeling to know that you did not give in!

BlondeBlue
240?149/?
Old 01-07-2001, 09:30 AM   #28  

Hi ALL! Im just joined this web site tonight
I am so imspired by all of you!
This is GREAT! Again I am trying to lose wt
for the 3rd time in my life.My goal is to lose 35 additional lbs. I have lost 20 so far. I can relate to the Tae-Bo at midnight!
Hang in there everyone WE CAN DO THIS!
Bonnie.
Old 01-08-2001, 07:37 AM   #29  

Hi, guys!

Lindsay - good on you! Emotional eating is a problem for me, too - doesn't even matter which emotion it is.... happy..sad..mad..! Watching your portions and controlling emotional eating are major, major good-on-you successes.

BlondeBlue, you can be whoever you want to be with this new person that you have met - no need to apologize for or hide behind fat. It sounds so awesome! I think that I understand what you mean about thinking that new eating habits would become automatic and I believe that I thought that, too. When I stopped and thought that my habits have become entrenced over the past 50 years, maybe I'll have to live to be 100 before the new ones are automatic.... Oh well, such is life!

4 lbs. since New Year's may secure your election as the Incredible Shrinking Woman, PrettyFace..... and we won't have to count or recount any ballots.

bonbon123, you're already so close to the halfway mark to goal that it must be staring you right in the face.... way to go!

I really enjoy this topic because it is so positive. However, I really should do some more planning. School starts tomorrow and those kiddies in my K-2 class will be raring to go. If I'm not ready to go, they'll leave me in the dust and that is not a pretty sight!

Take care...
Old 01-08-2001, 09:18 AM   #30  

What a wonderful thread!!

When I started my life change in May 2000, I vowed to look at small daily successes and not numbers. Sure, I weigh myself and the 40 pounds I have lost feel great, but because I have not been so focused on numbers I think that is why I am finally doing this for the first time in my life.

My first mini success I remember was the day I lifted myself out of the bathtub with no effort. A few short months before that it took several tries and I was almost in tears with the thought of having to ask my husband for help. Now everytime I take a bath I think of how much easier it is for me to get out.

Another small success of mine came over the holiday season. Although I had a slight gain, I feel it was a success because for the first time I felt in control when faced with tons and tons of goodies. I made wise choices and just ate what I wanted until full. Normally I would stuff and stuff myself until I would go to bed bloated each night. And although I ate more than normal during this time, I jumped right back on track after the holidays were over.

Keep posting those little successes we experience. It's those that help us get to our big success!!

love and luck,
gina

250/210/160
valentines goal of 200
Closed Thread