3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories-12/)
-   -   What would your most important tips be for weight loss success? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories/13119-what-would-your-most-important-tips-weight-loss-success.html)

mocha74 04-18-2002 07:16 PM

Cut down your portions and exercise, exercise, and exercise. To see results you don't even have to exercise a lot. Just parking your car further from the grocery store or doing leg lifts at the copy machine at work. Believe me you'll realize how much a couple minutes here and there adds up to each day.

Tony B 05-03-2002 04:41 PM

My Tip?

My tip is so very simple:
JUST KEEP DOING IT!

I started WW under the 123 Success 2000 banner (in Australia). With each weekly book came a PowerStart card - a summary of motivation/tips/recipes.

Week Two PowerStart reads:
"You've made it to week two......you don't have to do it any tougher, you just have to do it AGAIN!"

That simple philosophy has kept me going now for 59 weeks, and through two plateaus, to 66 lbs lost. :)

Swan_lake 05-04-2002 09:55 AM

Tips...

Well, I made a optimistic conscious decision to back away from WW, for a while... I had to do it.. I was starting to become seriously obsessed with my weight/ goal weight and mentally I was becoming stressed out.... They weren't dealing with the mental issues of a compulsive eater.

But I'm sticking with the WW plan, and using a lot of prayer.. I believe God brought me to WW, so I could understand why I gained weight, what I needed to do correctly to get the 95 pounds off..

Eating, water and exercise tips for myself: First lots of prayer... Just understanding the importance of exercise, knowledge of portion control/measuring, and water is a process that has to be incorporated in my life in order to stay healthy and not go back to where I was...

Over all just me understanding that I'm human and have faults... One of my biggest faults is I like to eat eat eat, and lay around... But what motivates me to get with or stay on the program is twice I was close to 300 pounds in my life, and I don't want that again... The other biggest motivator is I like being slim and fitting into a size 12... Never had been in a size 12 since who knows when. No I am not at weight goal, but at least I am not where I was 95 pounds ago...

Wish me and others luck... :^:

RycherBabe 08-07-2002 12:34 PM

Everyone has touched on what I do for weight loss. One thing I would like to add though is I appreciate every pound I've lost. I remember in the past losing weight and not appreciate the loss until I gained it back. I just remember what I felt like and looked like and it's a real motivator. :)

roundwoman 08-08-2002 03:09 PM

I have to lose weight because I'm fed up, not because anyone else makes a comment or looks at me funny or doesn't even look at me. Although, those things do make me think.

I don't know why but if I do not count calories I go overboard. Working out, too, of course helps me. I have lost weight many times but now am at a standstill and am on my way back to losing.

Keeping busy and doing the things I'm always "thinking" I ought to do. When I do them I feel so good.

Not beating myself up and not calling myself bad names to myself helps. I cannot lose when I have called myself "whale butt" all day long. It makes me feel worse. LOL.

Water, like everyone says, helps and I agree about eating slow. I have also heard to eat in a room where you enjoy every bite by not having the tv or radio on. Really concentrate on what you are eating and lavish it.

Take small steps and reward yourself with self praise, new things, a trip to a movie. Not that we shouldn't always do those things, too.

That's all I can add now.

MzPen 08-12-2002 08:21 AM

There's not much I can add to these great tips, but I do find that reading inspirational stories and tips that have worked for others helps me to stick with the program! Even if all of it is not particularly useful to me, every once in a while I run across some gem that serves as inspiration.

Pen
250/229/150

chatsey 08-18-2002 03:08 PM

My greatest motivator is my family, without their support I know
it would be more difficult.
Two years ago I fell in love with a sleeveless dress that was so
colorful and pretty (to my eyes) I bought it--it was two sizes too
small. I just knew I'd lose the post cancer/radiation weight to
wear that dress sometime. It has hung in my closet and is the
first thing I see when I look at my dress area.
I just changed my WW meeting place and wore it to that first
meeting (the first one of many to come after maintence that
I will be making this month). I can't tell you which gave me the
most motivation and satisfaction, able to wear "the dress" or
able to find the Leader who I have high confidence in.
Good luck to all, this is truly a lifetime change that will and can
be the greatest gift we give to ourselves.

Rusty*Rusty 10-18-2002 11:19 AM

Ali wrote:

7) learn from set backs and failure and don't see them as failure, see them as a learning experience. It took me 3 tries to lose weight and I learned something from each of the previous try.

This is so true - the first time I did it I learned how to count calories but spent no thought on nutrition. This time I already know the calorie counts on most of my foods - but now I understand saturated fats/fiber/sugar and what the heck a carbo and a protein source is!

Down fifteen pounds TODAY and back to where I started my LAST diet in 1989. :)