FRIED ZUCCHINI PHASE I South Beach

• I found a wonderful recipe for making fried zucchini for Phase I on the South Beach diet and I can't find it now.... It utilized parmasean cheese can someone please get it to me I was planning on making tonight and I can't find that recipe I searched everywhere and can't find it please help????
  • Here is how I do it: Slice Zucchini into pennies. Dip into beaten egg and then dip into Parmasean Cheese to coat...
    place on oiled cookie sheet and bake in 375 oven until brown on underside and turn over and continue to bake...so very good! Can even dip it into any other coating that is SB legal
  • Lubajo to the rescue!!! my oh my sounds Delish!!
    How many servings ya think?
  • Thanks!
    Yay ladies thank you very much!!! We bought zucchini and have been dying to make it and eat it...! You saved the day!

Do you know if you are allowed tomato soup?
  • Girls. It is hard to say how much the Zucchini makes as it all depends on how big and how many...Zucchini is so low in Cals. I usually fill the cookie sheet with it as it is even good warmed up...

Same way with the mock Marcaroni...All depends how big the Califlower...and Califlower is also low on cals and so good for us.

Sorry, but I never have measured either one when making...old time cook i guess...But both recipes are good.
  • I used this recipe to make zucchini last night and even my picky-eater DH loved it. Thanks!
  • this sounds yummy. I wish it was in season and we could get it straight out of our garden.
  • I would say it depends on the parm cheese and how much you use. The zucchini itself has maybe 40 calories in the entire thing: it's the fat and cals in the cheese. Use a serving size according to your calori counter/package and make it a serving that way.

Nom nom nom
  • I made this today and yum! I did find it a bit bland so I added a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb to it once I had it out of the oven. I also used real shredded parm -- it made it hard to stick to each piece. I'd imagine the more powdered stuff is easier.

I used 4 tablespoons of shredded for an entire zucchini. I cooked at 375 for 7 minutes, flipped, and did 7 more.
  • does anyone know if this can be pan-friend with evoo?
  • I'd be worried about the cheese burning.