South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 06:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Thoughts

Another day, another day closer to the weekend!

Did anyone watch "The Biggest Loser" last night? It's very motivating for me to see how hard these people work to lose weight and the changes they've made in their lives. It was a real eye-opener, too, to see what today's kids are being offered in their school lunchrooms, too. Hopefully, this show will start a trend in cracking down on unhealthy food options in the school cafeterias.

Today is going to be a busy one, with an early start. I'm going to fit in my Curves workout first thing, though, and just take a change of clothes with me. I'm going to miss my oatmeal this morning, but I'm taking 2 Bean Muffins to have with my coffee instead of grabbing a bagel that I've been craving so bad.

Well, it's time to start my day. Have a great one, everybody!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:56 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, you sound so full of energy! Can you pass some northward? I'll meet you at the 1000 Islands Bridge.

I seem to have a real cold so my diversionary tactics yesterday didn't work!
More herb tea and Vitamin C today may help. Donna comes to clean another room later this morning. While she's here, I'll do some more wrapping and write a couple of Christmas letters. Right now I need to get the recycle stuff out for pick-up.

Try to find your self a serene space in your busy day.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

So I kinda binged on PB last night (around 4 TB). Nuts have been kind of a weakness for me. Maybe I should instill a "no food after 8" rule like I read somewhere. I also wonder if I've been eating enough calories (around 1200) for all the activity I've been doing. Yesterday was a HUNGRY day.

So instead of beating myself up, I've been trying to think of ways I can avoid that next time as I haven't "binged" in a while (andd 4TB of PB is a small binge for me). May need to up my cals to 1500 to keep my body satisfied. Also came home really tired and kind of cranky last night, so it could have been more of an emotional eating than anything else.

Ruth - Really hope you aren't actually getting sick! Just keep popping those vitmamins.

Cottage - Great job on fitting your workout in, hope you can stay sane amidst your busy day! All the other ladies have a great day!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #4  

cottage - The schools around here have cracked down quite a bit on school lunches but they could still do alot more. At least I know Brian eats the fruits and vegetables but the entrees aren't always very healthy.

Ruth - Hope you feel better. I'll try to find a serene space but it is a very busy day. At least I got to the gym last night. I always feel great after that.

sarah - I think there is a very real possibility that you need more calories since you are so active. I have to watch the peanut butter myself. It's not as addictive as chocolate but it sure is good.

Me - I'm WFH today. I need to finish up an Oracle web based class I've been taking but hopefully, I'll have time today. I also need to practice some more for the presentation I'm giving on Saturday. Tonight is a Pack Committee meeting so DH will need to take Brian to the anticipatory mass for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I'm going to try to pick him up early enough to get some stuff done before that.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey Chickiedoodles!

Cottage: I missed Biggest Loser last night but it's one of my favorite shows. It's so motivational! Do you like Curves? I went and made them a business partner with my store two days ago and talked to the lady in there and it seemed like a cool place.

Ruthie: Sorry about your cold! When I started getting a cold, I took Airborne, which is an herbal thing you take every so many hours and it kicked my cold's you-know-what. I hate being sick!!! I hope you feel better soon.

Sarah: Don't worry about your binge. We all do it from time to time, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and get back to it. My trip to Key West is in 37 days... Jan 13-20. We're going as a family for my brother's 21st birthday. It should be wild. I am quite excited!

Barb: You sound busy as always! Hope things calm down a bit for you and you have time for yourself, to relax.

Well, today's my "day off." I slept until 8:30, which I can't believe I did. I have to do laundry, drop a movie off, Christmas shop, help unpack my Grandma, teach piano, go to the bank, and get my hair done. Whew! At least I'll be busy so I won't just want to sit around and do nothing but eat all day.

Better get a move on! Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa
Old 12-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ive got to find that Airborne. Somehow I don't think it's available up here in the Frozen North but will do a web search.

Just found out that my painter will be able to paint the back room BEFORE Christmas! That gives me a lift. So I need to get better fast so I can go get the paint tomorrow or Saturday! Yippee! I assumed he'd be too busy but he wasn't!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #7  

Bleah! I just can't seem to shake this cold I got! I hope you all have a great day!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #8  

Aw Shatzi, hope you feel better soon!

THE SCALE FINALLY MOVED! Definitely makes me more motivated. But I'm not sure how I'm feeling about today. I went out to Applebees for lunch with a friend.. I think I did okay - I had water with lemon for a drink, and for my entree I had a grilled shrimp skewer salad.. its over a bed of greens, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, and red onions. I got the dressing on the side, it tasted really sweet so I didn't use it since I didn't know if it was acceptable.. it was the Lemon Herb Vinaigrette. I guess we'll see what the damage is tomorrow morning! Either way the whole dish was only 210 calories with 2 g of fat and 7 g of fiber..

Sarah don't beat yourself up too much.. my weakness is cool whip. If I'm having a bad day, that's usually what I overdo it with. But Barb is right, you probably need more calories with how much you work out. I'm jealous I don't have the exercise motivation like you do! Keep up the good work!

Cottage I didn't watch the Biggest Loser - I was too hooked on America's Next Top Model - MELROSE SHOULD HAVE WON!

Alrighty everyone, have a wonderful day!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #9  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Cottage - I did catch Biggest Loser last night after class.... I was up until 12:30 am trying to watch it all before bed (thank god for fast forward) Theres a nice little discussion thread in TBL forum about who everyone thinks is going to win.

Nothing much going on today really. We've been dead this week so I've been working on math stuff for class and managed to get my rough draft done for my paper. Only 4 more classes to go and I'll be done with this term. I can't believe it! I only started November 20th and we had Thanksgiving break right at the start too. I start two classes a term after Christmas break (January 3rd.) Right now it looks like I'm lined up for Principles of Speech and 21st Century Political Institutions (which I think I will probably change because I have no clue why its in my curriculm.)

My diet is in the toliet yet I'm still staying around 192-193. Don't get me wrong... I'm really not happy about it. I'm assuming its just me trying to get into the swing of school. Going on Christmas break in 2 weeks probably won't help. I'm definately starting phase 1 in January if not sooner. Not just for my challenge but because I dont have long before the wedding.

Anywho I need to hop off of here.... have a good one ladies!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Grrrrr - Keep wanting to eat! It's not my TOM or anything either... don't know what the deal is... I know that Phase 1 is supposed to ban cravings, but does denying ourself actually cause them? So calorie wise I'm not doing horribly today... my dad really wanted Mexican food so I met him and go a combo that included 1 chicken taco (they didn't have ww tortillas so I had like 10th of the one it came with), black beans and a side salad. Then had 4 tortilla chips. Not perfect but definitely a lot better than if I wasn't trying to be careful.

Just feeling a little crazy and kinda depressed... common cycle for Sarah. Just need to breathe and make it through today without completely pigging out.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #11  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone

Must be catching. For the past two days I have been very hungry. I seemed to be fighting cravings for sweets. I will need to make myself some whole-wheat spenda cookies just so I can get by. Could it be that eating pizza two days ago and stirred up the carb beast?

TwoPeas
Old 12-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

I kinda sorta blew it today after two weeks + of being so OP. Well, it was the appreciation Xmas lunch for hospital volunteers and it was a lovely buffet. I did okay at first, having salad, bean salad, mushrooms, turkey and just a couple of pieces of roast potato and a very small multigrain roll. I was more than satisfied but then I cruised the dessert bar and....uh oh! I just tallied up my day so far (not including supper which I haven't had) and I'm at 1600 calories, which really isn't too bad I guess but way too much for me. Well, I will go very light on supper and drink lots of water and hope for the best. I will definitely hit Curves tomorrow and Saturday.
Closed Thread