"Trying Harder" Tuesday

• Good Morning!
    In these days of lots of daily temptations, I have to keep reminding myself to stay on the straight and narrow! Actually yesterday was a pretty good day for me, and I didn't even have my planned Peanut Butter Cup dessert after I got home last night. I think keeping busy was the key for me. Today will be another day of running around driving the girls to their lessons and appointments. No time for crafting today! We got our gingerbread house done, and it looks so pretty! That was a lot of fun to make. Now we're making a Nativity out of craft foam. It's slow going, but the girls are really into it. The playroom is going to look like a Christmas wonderland by the time they're through with all the decorating they want to do!
    Well, I'd better go start warming up the car. It's a chilly 25* out there this morning, and I want to go to Curves. See you all later!
  • We are cold here too this morning! 14F/-10C! I am tempted to light the woodstove in the back room but would have to go to the barn for kindling. Eric bailed yesterday and that didn't get done.

Cottage, the gingerbread house sounds like a great project! I've made a note to myself to do that next year with some of "my" kids. The Church kidlets consider me an "extra" grandma which is great fun.

This morning I want to wrap more gifts and get the last parcel mailed off. I'm not doing cards this year but do have a couple to send to relatives. Stamps are 89 cents to the States and 51 in Canada and the money might better go to the food bank, I've decided. Besides, it's faster to write a single cheque than 68 cards! Call me Scrooge when it comes to my time!

At noon I have my usual maintenance dental appointment with Mary just over in the next village. (I should spend the morning flossing!) After lunch I'll see if I can work in some sewing. That turquoise silk is cut but not together and sure would be nice to have around Christmas. At 5:30 I do pet therapy at Maple View, pick up my young diet buddy Kaitlyn and go to our Delta Dieting Dolls meeting at 7. That should fill the day!

The Girls are romping in the skiff of snow. I'm so glad the mud has frozen although sad that my bulbs won't get planted. Yesterday I noticed some misguided snowdrops poking up beside the lane! They're nuts! It's the wrong end of winter!

Trty not to stress yourselves, Chickies. Remember "A HUG is a perfect gift for Christmas: One size fits all and it's easily returned."
  • Brrrrrrrrrrr bit of a nip in the air this morn!

Cottage: I bet the memories you're creating with the girls will be so fondly remembered as they grow up!

I'm so far behind on everything this year! Today I'll finish putting up my Christmas stuff.. and clean. Then the rest of the week will be shopping, cards and crafting!
  • Morning ladies - Been having so much trouble getting up this week. But I'm FORCING myself... maybe it's cause it's 30 degrees outside and "that just ain't right in Texas!" Just know that I have a serious pre-New Years goal and come cold temps or warm bed I've gotta stick with it... so body pump here I come <yawn>

PS Can we sticky the exercise for December?

Ruth - As usual you have a full day ahead of ya! I think your idea about giving to the food bank makes so much sense and am sure your former card recipients would agree.

Cottage - Staying busy DEFINITELY helps me stay OP, it's those days when I'm sitting around (why Sundays are SO HARD) that I tend to chow down

Shatzi - I'm with ya, I Haven't even started Xmas shopping, but I have my list so that counts for something, right?
  • exercise thread is stuck
  • Hey! My dentist just called and cancelled! She's sick! Now I am going to take off for town and buy two final gifts as I just heard from my DIL and firmed things up. The sun is a-shinin' and the snow is a-sparlin' a bit - we need more to make it a winter wonderland but tomorrow it may happen.
    Catch y'all later!
  • It's been incredibly cold here. We actually hit 22 yesterday morning and broke the record low. That is just TOO cold for Dallas!

I'm working from home today and have a meeting in a few minutes but I've got my Christmas newsletter printing so I can make progress on that. It's mostly pictures but it is two double sided sheets this year! We just did so much we wanted to include (almost all of it is scouting related though).

Thanks for stickying the exercise thread, Ruth.
  • Talk about "trying harder!" I've been MIA, and a slacker at that! Due to stress, timing, and unforseen events, Jason and I are starting today, day one. Things have been hectic, and how about that weather? We were snowed in Thursday and Friday. The dogs aren't very happy either! But the time off work allowed me to do new training on my at home job and get things to a point where I can make some dishes in advance so that I can just come home and throw it in the oven. Otherwise, with our schedule, we would not be able to eat healthy.

I'm also not looking forward to having to go to the doctor's on Monday. That's where I'll get my weigh in, as right now I don't have a scale. My obgyn put me on metformin to stimulate ovulation. I don't know if it has worked or not, but I haven't been eating healthy like she wanted (she wanted me to do Atkins). I'm going to see if she will let me stay on the met for a few more months while I truly commit to eating healthy and exercising before she puts me on stronger meds.

And I'm going to make more of a commitment to be here, even though it will just be Fridays and weekends.

Stay warm!
    Melissa
  • Ruth

If you put your bulbs in the refrigerator over the winter you should be able to plant them in the spring and they will come up. This way you can 'fool' them into thinking they have gone through the winter season.

TwoPeas
  • I didn't get my bulbs planted either, Ruth, but at least I have hopes that our snow will melt and the ground will soften enough to get them in the ground. Otherwise, I will store them in the fridge as Twopeas suggested.

Today was a good one in many ways. I had two mini-video clips from granddaughter, aged 3, in Scotland, singing nursery rhymes. That started my day off with a big smile.
    Today was my weigh-in and depending on where I place the scale on the bathroom floor, I either lost 4 or 6 lb in Phase 1. I'm taking the 6. I deserve it for being so good.
    I also went to Curves so my body is thanking me for that.
    I may have mentioned that I'm alternating days with Phase 1 and Phase 2 just to see what happens. Today was a Phase 1 day and I had no problem sticking with it. I missed a couple of snacks though. Just wasn't hungry. How odd is that??