3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday Chirping on The Beach - Nov. 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/98519-monday-chirping-beach-nov-20-a.html)

Ruthxxx 11-20-2006 05:11 AM

Monday Chirping on The Beach - Nov. 20

:coffee: PLEASE! I'm really dragging my butt this morning.

Lucy once again had me up from 2:30 so I really needed coffee today! She's pacing and whimpering so she's definitely got a problem. She slept most of yesterday and I was hoping she had recovered but ....! I'll take her to the vet this afternoon as this morning I need to take Harry to the Doc in Brockville and then meet with the RNs at Maple View. Looks like I will not make it to my painting class this afternoon, alas.

I hope your day is much better than mine will be. :(

cottagebythesea 11-20-2006 06:38 AM

:( Ruth, Good morning. :( I'm so sorry that Lucy still isn't feeling well. I hope the veterinarian can determine what's bothering her and have her back on her feet in no time. :hug: Today doesn't sound like it's going to be very fun for you. Let's hope the doctor can give you some encouraging news about Harry, too.:grouphug: I'll be thinking and praying for you today.

I'm off to Curves this morning, then stopping by the supermarket to pick up my turkey and a few other essentials. If there's time, I should go through the house with a quick dusting and vacuum, too. By then it'll be time to pick up the girls, and tonight's my late night, so I'm going to have them help make supper.

Well, I'm off. Make it a good day, everyone!

JanaM 11-20-2006 07:08 AM

Mornin' all. Looking forward to a short work week. After the chaos of the past couple of weeks, I think this week should calm down. Yippee!

Ruth - Sorry to hear that Lucy's not doing well. Prayers for you, Harry and Lucy. Hope you get some better news today. :hug:

Cottage - Have fun running your errands today. I'm still debating whether to buy a turkey or not. Since it's just me, I don't have a need for a big turkey - but they're on SALE! My shopping gene is kicking in. :D

Barb - Just saw your post from last night. Sorry that you got drug into work issues over the weekend. I had some of that too, but not nearly to the extent that you did. Hope that it's resolved now and that you can enjoy your vacation!!!!

Kim_Star060404 11-20-2006 07:46 AM

Morning All! :wave:

It seems like everyone is having busy or bad days. I hope it's still wonderful for you!

Ruth: Will be praying for the doc's to have guidance when looking at Harry today and that there will be a positive outcome. Also praying for Lucy and that the vet knows right away how to help her! And for YOU, that you're filled with a patient spirit and some time just for you today!

Cottage: Do you wanna clean my house next? :lol: I hope you have fun at Curves and get your chores done quickly! (Don't you hate grocery shopping? I do!)

Jana: Hope your week is calm and peaceful! Take a bath, soak in the bubbles!

ME: Well, I have big news! Jason and I have decided that we will start trying for a baby soon. I'm calling today to make doc's appts and to cancel my birth control prescription. (It's filled automatically.) We're very excited! My weight is still a concern, but I will be very careful about that. I'll remain on SB throughout the pregnancy and work out at the intensity my doc and I feel is right. First step, though, is to start taking my vitamins and talk to the doc. YAY!!

~Kim

Christian 11-20-2006 08:11 AM

Good moring ladies :wave:

Ruth- Sending my thoughts and prayers your way :angel:

cottage- I too have some errands to run and am so excited about Thanksgiving, I have more to be thankful for daily :D

Jana- Enjoy that short workweek...it is great to finally be able to relax once in awhile :yes:

KIM- :dance: I am sure you will be a mommy in no time,I am so happy for you :D My life would just not be the same without my 2 girls and if I had it to do over again I would have had one more here myself :yes:

Well I am sticking to phase one for a few more days and so far I have lost 10 pounds, which was just awsome since I heard the last 10 were the hardest, well the last five may be but I am looking forward to FINALLY hitting the goal I have had set for myself for over 12 years and keeping it ...Have a good day ladies..

kaity 11-20-2006 09:30 AM

Good morning ladies!

Ruth- Sorry your day looks to be so bad:( . My puppy was acting weird recently and I know how upsetting that is cause they can't tell you what's wrong.

Cottage- Don't you love errand day? I usually put it off long enough that I can just get my brother to do my errands for me:devil: .

Jana- I know how you feel. I can't wait for the long weekend to get here.

Kim- That's great news! A baby is always fun. My sister is due on April Fool's Day. She's gonna have a little girl.

Christian- :carrot: for your weightloss going so well! I love watching those numbers go down, don't you?

As for me, I had a pretty good weekend. On Saturday, I went to lunch with my best friend who I haven't seen in a while. Then we went shopping and wine tasting :D . Later that night, I went to a concert with my brother. Does standing for 5 hours straight while sweating, screaming/singing, and some headbanging count as excersise? Today, I have to finish the rough draft of a 10 page paper. The draft is due tomorrow and I am sooo stressed :dizzy: We also have a quiz tomorrow. That's why I'm looking forward to the long weekend so much. I'm just gonna relax.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day (or, at least that your day gets better).:hug:

cottagebythesea 11-20-2006 10:37 AM

I got everything done that I wanted to get done, and even ordered a few more Christmas presents on-line. I never thought I'd shop that way, but I'm discovering just how convenient it is, and I don't have to fight the crowds!

Jana, why don't you just buy a turkey breast, since it's just you? They're much smaller than a whole turkey, and look at all the white meat you'll have for other meals! :)

Kim, what exciting news, it gave me goosebumps! I hope all goes well for you. :hug:

Christian, you've lost 10 whole lbs. so far?!!! :bravo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :balloons: That's wonderful!!! You'll be at your goal before you know it!

kaity, I bet you did get a good workout at that concert! Hope you don't have too much trouble getting your paper done today. :goodluck: on tomorrow's quiz!

Barb, I see you haven't checked in here yet today, I hope that means you are sleeping in and relaxing, for a change! You're certainly owed a well-deserved rest! :hug:

Barb0522 11-20-2006 11:22 AM

Morning, gals. I finally got off my work issue a little after 10 last night so it ended up as a 10 hour day. Hopefully the rest of the week I won't get pulled into anything (since I'm on vacation) but I told my team lead to page me if he needs me since he is the only one doing our product this week and it can get crazy.

I went to Albertson's this morning to see about their free frozen turkey since the on I had gotten for free at Tom Thumb was smaller than I usually get. They were out of the free frozen ones but they substituted a fresh one. That works out great although it does mean I have to cook both of them now. So far I have not bought any pies. I am thinking about using apple pie filling (made with Splenda) and topping it with an oatmeal crust and cooking it in the dutch oven so we can have it hot without using an oven. I've also got ham for those who don't care for turkey like DH. We do our Thanksgiving on Friday and invite a bunch of friends over.

Ruth - I sure hope Lucy is okay. Let us know.

cottage - Actually I was up at 6 to get Brian to school. I didn't actually do any work though when I checked in with my boss.

Kim - Good luck with the baby making. I wish I had been eating healthy when I was pregnant with Brian.

Kim_Star060404 11-20-2006 03:15 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes! We have a "consultation" with our family practitioner on December 12. I wish it was sooner, but being that we're in such a small town, he's our only option. Also, his office is actually in a town 30 minutes north of us and through mountains. I wonder how that's going to work when it comes time to deliver! I'll keep everyone posted!

Deftones Chick 11-20-2006 04:02 PM

Good Day ladies! I just realized how late it is :dizzy:.
Ruthxxx- Sorry to hear about Lucy, hope u get some good news at the doc.

Cottage- Sounds like you had a very productive day! I need some of your energy.:flow1:

Jana- Here's to a calm and easy going week :crossed:

Kim Starr- :cheer2:Congratulations!! I'm sure you will be :preg:preggo in no time, there is nothing like motherhood, and pregnancy. I hope all goes well for u.

Christian- That's great :dance:. Keep it up!

Kaity
- I'm sure you burned lotsa calories at the concert, what concert was it? And good luck on your paper.

Barb
- your recipes sound great. :hungry:

As for me, I had a pretty good weekend except, I went off on Saturday because I went to a birthday party and had a few drinks :nono: But I'm back to the beach and going to the gym today and making chicken tacos with fat free cheese shells and salad. Have a good day everyone!

Ruthxxx 11-20-2006 05:23 PM

Lucy thinks she's pregnant! See my post in Pets!

The morning was pretty well taken up with the hospital visit, X rays and a meeting with the nurses at Maple View. Nothing further can be done for Harry's hip so he'll be in the wheel chair for the rest of his life! :(

I had a half hour nap with my two dogs on the bed and feel a bit better. Bed will feel really good tonight!