Where do I begin?

• I have heard nothing but good things about SBD and want to start.
    I am having my tonsils and adenoids removed on Monday and would like to begin SBD the week thereafter. *I have been on WW for the past 3 months and have hit a complete plateau, so I'm ready to try something fun and new*
    Do I buy a book somewhere that will tell me what to eat, and how much? Is there anything I need to know before starting? I am ready to go in full force, as I'd love to lose this extra 13 lbs before the start of the new year.

Thanks for any advice!
  • Awww I love my pit bull too!!

Besides that.... The first biggest step is checking out our FAQ Section and this thread for the basics. You'll start out in Phase 1 where you will hopefully lose a nice chunk of weight before moving onto Phase 2. We have tons of recipes in our recipe forum to choose from. If you want to purchase the book, I recommend either buying it online at Amazon or you can get it at Barnes & Noble. I bought the paperback edition for about $16.95 at B & N. It's also handy to get a highlighter and highlight the things you think will help you the most.

Personally I recommend getting involved with the girls here on the board. If there are a few days that go by that I don't post for some strange reason I slack off. Ruth usually makes a Phase 1 thread so that people can post their menus daily. I'm sure the same can be done for Phase 2 if needed.

I hope this helped. If it's needed I'm alway avaliable to chat.... just shoot me a private message!
  • Jenn - Just wanted to say that you might not lose a huge chunk of weight on phase 1 since you've already started your weight loss journey, but don't get discouraged! You will probably lose several pounds and kick start your weight loss again... I say this cause each time I go back to Phase 1 the weight loss is never the same as it was that initial time (which was due to water weight etc. that comes off at the beginning of weight loss).