South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #31  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Christian- Mmm! I love taco salads; I'm a vegetarian so I don't use beef, but I do put a sprinkle of black beans, cheese, and sometimes a little hardboiled egg. I just love lettuce and salsa!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

Well, all in all, yesterday went pretty good. I had scrambled eggs with LF cheese and sliced tomatoes for breaky - same thing today actually - and salad for lunch with balsamic vinagarette. For dinner, it was a huge bowl of smashed cauliflower and green beans. Oh, I shouldn't forget about that small bag of pistachios I downed in the afternoon. Maybe it didn't go so good after all...

Today is a new day. I have a networking meeting in about an hour and I'll just have a glass of tomatoe juice.

Check in with you chickies later and see how everyone else is doing....
Old 11-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Yesterday wasn't great food-wise. I did get my workout in, which was great. My eating was sub-par as a result of being locked in the vote-counting yesterday. There were subway sandwiches and chips for lunch -- I skipped those because I was SURE I'd get out of there by dinner time. Well dinner time rolled around and they served pizza. Luckily, my SIL was kind enough to pass me a salad through the window (we were required to keep the doors locked in our rooms.) Anyways. Back on track this morning!!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #34  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey, ladies. I think you guys did well. I don't see any desserts or loaves of bread in there. I mean you made tough situations work, but that is just my opinion.

Yesterday went well. I made it through another day 1 of phase 1. I also exercised last night to keep from pigging out. So I got in about 35 of cardio and some push ups crunches and stretching.

I had egg muffins for breakfast
Lunch was meatloaf- no bread crumbs and lf cheese lots of chopped veggies.
dinner- we ordered chinese, but I was strong. I got steamed chicken and veggies (no carrots) and brown sauce on the side. no rice.
For snack after I tried the ricotta cheese with flavoring and sweetener packet, but it just wasn't for me so I only had a couple bites.

This morning is started with a cup of skim milk and SF mocha coffee mix.
Breakfast eggbeater omelet with LF cheese and two pieces turkey bacon.
Lunch is planned to be tuna canned in water and 1 T of veganaise and some steamed veggies.
Dinner will probably be the leftover steamed chicken and veggies.
Snack is going to be SF Jello.

I think I will try to get some beans in there somewhere.

Last edited by ebb&flow; 11-08-2006 at 12:15 PM. Reason: adding more clarification
Old 11-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #35  
Kris

S/C/G: 217.5/212/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, I am hanging in there, but tonight was rough with sugar/carb cravings. Sugar free jello wasn't doing much for me tonight. I didn't crack, but 2 weeks is seeming like an eternity about now.

It seems I do fine all day, but around 9 pm - midnight is the hardest time for me. I remember from my first go around with SBD, that the cravings DO go away, so I just keep telling myself that.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 AM   #36  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Wow you ladies are doing really good....staying strong is very hard, but oh the results are so worth it.....we can do it

I had a huge victory yesterday...I went to visit family and packed my lunch so I wouldnt cheat...even turned down my aunts homeade peanut butter pie and her homeade jelly I am so proud of myself this morning, and the scale showed a loss...rewards are sweet when you have to fight for them ...and actually win
Old 11-09-2006, 08:03 AM   #37  
To the new me!

i fell off the wagon this week...so its back to phase I for the next 2 weeks working on the menu now last thanksgiving i did the phase I for the 2 weeks before and then on turkey day everything was like a great treat the only thing not sb was my dressing...and i did not gain a pound...my goal is to lose 10 lbs by christmas should be no prob since thats a 2lb loss/week for 5 weeks
so heres to a lighter holiday season
Old 11-09-2006, 08:12 AM   #38  
Losing on the Beach

bubble gum mom!
I am sure you will reach your goal, you sound very determined to lose the 10 pounds..I think that is the key to being successful
Old 11-09-2006, 11:05 AM   #39  

Good morning Chickies !

For dinner last night, salmon - fried in butter - but that's my treat ) I'd rather use butter than margerine and I suppose I could've fried it in Pam, but because I don't drink milk, I try to get some calcium in any way I can. I let myself have butter. Also had a nice veggie salad with it. That's it ! I had huge munchies around 8:00 p.m., but avoided and felt good about myself for it. All I wanted was one dinosour... but I know one will to twenty in no time.

This morning - scrambled eggs with LF cheese and sliced tomatoes. I just won't get sick of it.

If I was stuck on a desert island and could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be salad. I'll never get sick of it. I started putting just lemon juice with salt and pepper on it (I still have oil & vinegar most of the time), but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the lemon was. It really brings out the flavour of the veggies.

BF ate the salmon and salad with me. I made up a few baby potatoes for him. He doesn't need to suffer... actually, he's really super supportive and encouraging. I haven't told him I'm doing SBD, but he thinks I've "switched" the healthy eating "switch" on - that's all. Which is fine. I've told him what I've restricted myself to eating and he's seen progress - or he says he sees progress - so that makes me feel good. He never asks me to make him anything different than I'm eating. I just do it 'cuz I know he likes it.

Tonight we are going out for dinner. I usually don't have any problems finding healthy things to eat though. I modify everything that I order to fit the program. It's almost a Harry met Sally thing....

Anyhoo... day 3 !! YaY !!

Christian - I believe it has more to do with determination than will power - well, you can get one from the other. But the resolve to be healthy and strong is a life changing resolve that, once started, is hard to let go of.

Bubblegummom - It's okay to fall off once in awhile - just get right back on ! You're doing great ! Not taking notice of the fall or denying it to yourself is the worst thing. Don't beat yourself up. We all need indulgences. The challenges are part of our growth and strength )

Rainydaygirl - I had a huge sugar craving last night too. Isn't it the worst at the worst time of night ? On P2 we could have some apple slices or something - mmm - or strawberries... (oh stop thinking about it Tamara !) I read somewhere on here that "no food after 7:00 p.m." was someones strategy. I think that's a great strategy and I'm trying to follow it myself. You're right, the cravings will go away. I can't wait...

Ebb&flow - WOW ! I don't know if I could do it.. I love the veggies, but my favourite is that deep fried rice stuff.-

Kim_Star - That must've been tough ! Good for you for getting your work out it - you're ahead of the game. I haven't taken up exercising yet, but I do pay 60$ a month for a gym membership just upstairs from my office.... ooooh, I'm feeling guilty now....

Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you ladies that the picture of me posted here is like 10 years old - and I weigh 140 there. I'm going to try and post a new one so ya'll can see what I look like now....

Back in a few ...
Old 11-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #40  

Ok - I see the change in picture worked.... that's me right now...
Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #41  
One decision at a time.

Hey ladies.

I worked out for the second day in a row last night. Tonight should make three. So I think the exercise is starting off pretty well. I did well eating yesterday and the early part of today. I jumped off the wagon (I wouldn't say I fell off because it was planned) today. I don't know what you guys are planning to do for the holidays, but I plan to do my best and be very discriminating as far as what I am willing to eat. I know I would be lying if I said I would be still following phase I on Thanksgiving day. Same thing today. Today was the ceremony for the Marine Corps Birthday. Every year there is a ball or if you work some place like my Dh there is just a cake cutting ceremony. I knew it was coming up and knew I would have a piece. I had a small one and am back on plan. I plan on working out a little extra tonight. I know I will probably get a lot of cravings for sugar that I will have to fight off for another week or so, but the Marine Corps birthday cake is a big thing for me and DH (has been since our first ball together). This year they didn't invite family to the ceremony. DH hid a piece of it and walked it home to me after the ceremony. He's so sweet. Does this mean I have to start Phase I all over again or can I move on from here?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #42  
One decision at a time.

Hey ladies.

I worked out for the second day in a row last night. Tonight should make three. So I think the exercise is starting off pretty well. I did well eating yesterday and the early part of today. I jumped off the wagon (I wouldn't say I fell off because it was planned) today. I don't know what you guys are planning to do for the holidays, but I plan to do my best and be very discriminating as far as what I am willing to eat. I know I would be lying if I said I would be still following phase I on Thanksgiving day. Same thing today. Today was the ceremony for the Marine Corps Birthday. Every year there is a ball or if you work some place like my Dh there is just a cake cutting ceremony. I knew it was coming up and knew I would have a piece. I had a small one and am back on plan. I plan on working out a little extra tonight. I know I will probably get a lot of cravings for sugar that I will have to fight off for another week or so, but the Marine Corps birthday cake is a big thing for me and DH (has been since our first ball together). This year they didn't invite family to the ceremony. DH hid a piece of it and walked it home to me after the ceremony. He's so sweet. Does this mean I have to start Phase I all over again or can I move on from here?
Old 11-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #43  
Losing on the Beach

On my way to weightloss meeting...wish me luck
If I dont get back online tonight I will be back on the morning
Old 11-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #44  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ebb- I say you just move on. You only have to repeat P1 if you feel you need to spend some extra time getting rid of cravings. And that's the best part about SB! You can have your cake, eat it (but only once in a while! ), and then hop right back on the wagon.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #45  
Losing on the Beach

Day 7 here...Where is everyone???

Doing really good with no hunger to speak of, but I am sure it is just because in my mind I know that there is only 7 more days and I really want to see just how much more I can lose My DD ate a donut in front of me this morning with icing and sprinkles and I didnt even eat a sprinkle So I might just make it after all ....
Closed Thread