3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   DH wants to know if this is SBD Phase I? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/96844-dh-wants-know-if-sbd-phase-i.html)

Kelly_S 10-27-2006 12:48 PM

DH wants to know if this is SBD Phase I?

• Kelly's Chili - 3 Points

Recipe By : Kelly Shields
Serving Size : 19 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chilis Kelly's Own Recipes
Recipes that Freeze Well

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 cans crushed tomaotoes, canned -- 28 ounce cans
2 cans diced tomatoes in sauce, canned -- 14.5 ounce cans
2 cans chili beans, canned -- 15.5 ounce cans
2 cups chopped onion
4 cloves minced garlic
2 cups chopped celery
6 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sugar (or subtitute Splenda or Nutrasweet)
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons tabasco sauce -- or to taste
1/4 cup jalapeno chile pepper -- optional
2 pounds 92% lean ground beef/round

1. Brown ground beef, onions and garlic. Drain.

2. Combine beef mixutre and remainint ingredients in crockpot.

3. Cook on hihg four hours or low all day.

Calories: 179.9
Fat grams: 5.0
Fiber grams: 6.8

W/W Points: 3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving Ideas : Makes 19 1-cup servings.

This freezes well. I like to freeze in 1-cup Gladware or Ziplock ware containers.

The Chili Beans I use have no sugar grams in them and they are just pinto beans in a tomato base sauce w/some green chilis.

WW friendly too : On Winning Points is comes to 3.1777 points and on 1-2-3 Success or The 10% Difference it comes to 2.7576 points.

Schatzi 10-27-2006 01:25 PM

Kel, this looks fine...most all the ingredients are Phase 1-- considering that the 1 TSP of sugar is in 2 lbs of meat.. I think the amount you'll ingest per serving is pretty minimal (or you could substitute Splenda for the sugar)..

Tell DH Bon Apetite! :chef:

chellez 10-27-2006 01:41 PM

Not sure how concerned you are about water retention. I usually hang on to some water weight after chili or high sodium foods. If you feel that the sodium is a little up there try using No Salt added tomatoes. They are usually right beside the regular ones. hope this helped :hug:

Kelly_S 10-27-2006 02:23 PM

Neither him or I have problem with retention from sodium. I can eat Chinese before weighing in and not show a water retention problem.

Oh LOL I guess I forgot that I don't use sugar (the real stuff much anymore) I substitute that with Splenda.

BTW DH does SBD and I do W/W. :)

Schatzi 10-27-2006 02:39 PM

P.S. Kel, if you figure out the number of servings, I could add (or you could) this to the recipe section for SBD...We're always looking for new good dishes--and with winter around the corner -nuthin's better than a hearty new chili to try! :hungry: :)

Kelly_S 10-27-2006 10:19 PM

Pssssssssssssst it says in 2 places:

Serving Size : 19

and

Serving Ideas : Makes 19 1-cup servings.

LOL!

Feel free to cut and paste it there...I thought ya'll had to 'check' or 'approve' recipes so I'll leave that to ya'll. :)

Schatzi 10-28-2006 06:40 AM

AAACK!!!!! :o :lol3: :dizzy: Copied the post to Kelly's chili under Phase 1 sauces and stews!

Ruthxxx 10-28-2006 06:56 AM

Well I just copied it into Phase I Entrees. Hve another "cawfee" Girlie. It can be in two places. :lol:

Kelly_S 10-28-2006 11:07 AM

Than you Ruth. I have some other W/W Core recipes that we use that I feel are good for SBD to (Since both programs are very, very much alike). If you would like I'd be happy to share them. :)

BTW I have incorporated some of the SBD ideas/rules/guidelines into my W/W Core program and it works great! :)