3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase I Start and Restart - week of Oct. 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/96484-phase-i-start-restart-week-oct-23-a.html)

Ruthxxx 10-23-2006 08:16 AM

Phase I Start and Restart - week of Oct. 23

Here's the spot to post your menus, concerns and encouragement!

Bluehenkathy, :welcome: to The Beach.
Quote:

Any ideas on how to start an exercise program.
My metabolism is dead too! :lol: Some of the chicks start out with the Walk Away The Pounds tapes but a walking program outdoors works well too. Some chicks find Phase I leaves them a bit lethargic so wait a week or so before starting or resuming exercise.

chellez 10-23-2006 09:19 AM

Oh I was a bad girl last week. I made spice cake and it was sooooo delish! :devil:

Anywho I'm restarting Phase 1 this week and plan on trying to lose 15 pounds before the big turkey day. :thanks2: I did pretty well last time when I actually stayed on plan. We just get into ruts where we have to choose between paying bills or food. Majority of the time its bills :( Either way.... I went out and bought some SBD approved stuff so this is what I'm chowing down on today...

Breakfast (8:30 am): 3 scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of 2% milk cheese; one piece of laughing cow cheese (3/4 oz); decaf tazo chai tea with 1/2 teaspoon of splenda; 1 One a Day Women's Multivitamin

Snack (10:30 am): 1 piece of laughing cow cheese; decaf tazo chai tea with 1/2 teaspoon of splenda

Lunch (12:00 pm): 2 cups of baby romaine salad with 1/4 cup of green pepper and 1 cup of grilled chicken; 2 tablespoons of olive oil & vinegar dressing; bottled water

Snack (3:30pm): 15 Planter's Almonds, Macadamias, and Cashew Nuts; bottled water

Dinner (7:00 pm): Marinated & grilled bottom round (what little bit of fat was removed); Green giant vegtable mix with low fat tuscan herb sauce; small baby romaine salad with 1 tablespoon of olive oil & vinegar dressing

Dessert (9:30 pm): decaf chai tea with 1/2 teaspoon of splenda & one 3FC SBD peanut butter cookie

did I do good? :dizzy: FitDay says its about 1274 calories but I still couldn't get everything just right so it is off some. I drink water all day long so I'm flushing myself a lot. I plan on working out today but it depends on how daniel is feeling and how the cat is when he comes back from the vet. I try to keep my FitDay updated as much as possible. Don't be afraid to let me know if I'm slipping. :D

Ruthxxx 10-23-2006 09:29 AM

Looks like you are determined to get back on track and have planned ahead!

Um...about the nuts. I assume it's 15 nuts altogether, not 15 0f each? What's in the SBD peanut butter cookies? Are they OK for Phase I?

chellez 10-23-2006 10:14 AM

Correct the nuts are 15 all together.

The peanut butter cookies can be found here.

They were posted under Phase 1 desserts so I assume they are safe as long as you only have one.;)

chellez 10-23-2006 11:14 AM

Well just finished my 10:30 cheese and tea and I can say that I'm feeling pretty sleepy. I don't think its the lack of carbs, but Chai Tea is known to be very calming and relaxing. I think maybe 2 cups in the morning is a little too much. :coffee2: Now my arms and body are feeling all rubbery and mellowed out. Only 45 minutes til lunch and I'm doing good!

Note to self: The laughing cow cheese squares taste funky to me. I'm not used to super moist cheese so I had to put like a half of a teaspoon of balsamic vinagrette on it just to get past the yuck. :lol3:

Ruthxxx 10-23-2006 12:20 PM

Gotcha! I thought theywere the pre-made SBD cookies and wondered. I hope lunch wakes you up a bit. Try Laughing Cow mixed with veggies like onion and peppers.

bluehenkathy 10-23-2006 04:07 PM

so far a good day

I went through all the video exercise programs I have bought over the years and found I had the Walking tapes. I put in the 1 mile tape and completed it. I'm motivated right now and plan on keeping it up.

Ruthxxx 10-23-2006 04:31 PM

Good for you, Bluehen! I can't find mine but know they are somewhere. I may have lent them to a friend.

chellez 10-24-2006 11:01 AM

Menu For Today

On the Menu Today:

Breakfast (8:00 am):3 scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of 2% milk cheese; One a Day Women's Multivitamin; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Snack (10:30 am): 1 cup of fresh snow peas (nature's french fries I like to call them); Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Lunch (12:00 pm): 2 cups of baby romaine salad with 1 cup of diced grilled chicken & 2 tablespoons of olive oil & vinegar dressing

Snack (3:30pm):
1 slice of laughing cow swiss cheese with 3 slices of green bell pepper & 1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinegrette dressing

*Meeting at 5:30 pm* <<<< Personal reminder

Dinner (?????): Turkey Meatloaf without breadcrumbs and No Salt added tomato sauce for topping; Green Giant Vegetable Mixture with low fat cheese sauce

Dessert (9:30 pm): 1/2 cup of Dannon Nonfat vanilla yogurt

Water Consumption goal today: 7 - 8 oz. glasses

Tried to color it so it looked like the sunrise to sun set :p

Schatzi 10-25-2006 05:08 AM

Chellez, your menu looks so balanced GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

chellez 10-25-2006 08:22 AM

On the Menu Today:

Breakfast (8:00 am):3 scrambled eggs without cheese or milk; One a Day Women's Multivitamin; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Snack (10:30 am): 1 slice of laughing cow cheese with 3 slices of green pepper & 1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinegrette dressing; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Lunch (12:00 pm): 1 cup of baby romaine salad and 1 tablespoon of olive oil & vinegar dressing; 1 slice of leftover turkey meatloaf with No Salt added tomoato sauce topping

Snack (3:30pm): Nut Assortment - 15 pieces; bottled water

Dinner (6:30 pm): Medditeranian Chicken (chicken breasts stuffed with reduced fat feta cheese and diced olives); basil and garlic seasoned green beans

Dessert (9:30 pm): 1/2 cup of Dannon Nonfat vanilla yogurt

Water Consumption goal today: 7 - 8 oz. glasses

Ruthxxx 10-25-2006 10:10 AM

Wow! Come and cook for me!

chellez 10-25-2006 01:17 PM

:lol: My menu gets kind of repeative after a few days. I really look forward to dinner because I have a lot more time to cook and get things together.

Soon that will all change! School starts November 14th! hopefully :crossed:

chellez 10-25-2006 06:43 PM

I actually need to make modifications to today's menu...

I only had my turkey meatloaf at lunch but ate my salad as my 3:30 snack and skipped the nuts all together. Instead of Medi. chicken we had garlic rubbed chicken baked in a mushroom creme sauce with olive topping.

looking at 1201 for the day.... hope we see results tomorrow! :p

KnitALisa 10-25-2006 11:38 PM

So here's a question to those of you using Fitday: What percentage/grams of fat should I be trying to stay under (especially in Phase 1)? Or should I just ignore this and focus on the actual calorie count and eating SBD approved foods, etc?