South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 07:33 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - The Dreaded 13th!

Hey! The sun is going to show itself today. However, there is a 40% chance of flurries! Never mind - we shall overcome!

We've been busy chatting and going through old family pictures. I can't believe how fast this week has gone. I will be very sad to see my DD leave on Sunday but will have lots of good memories and probably another few pounds, I'm afraid. It's really hard to stay OP when someone else is not! I may have to go onto Phase I next Monday!

Today we are hoping to do a bit of country cruising, see Harry and carry on with our "girls" time. Life is good despite the darned weather.

How are things with you this inauspicious day? Be careful of black cats and ladders!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Teeehee - FRIDAY THE 13TH - MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm a little too sleepy right now to know how I'm doing yet. Forced myself to get up even though every bone in my body wanted to sleep - But then I thought how good it's going to feel to get off work and not have to worry about my exercise for today - So logic won and here I am!

Ruth - So awesome you guys are having fun! My mom and I sat down and went through hundreds of photos together a while back cause she's into making photo collages for people's birthdays - Was pretty special!

Everyone else, I'll be back later! Have a great one!

OH WAIT! Need a response to this one - I've been in the same 140-150 range for so long that I can tell how heavy I'm going to be before I even get on the scale - just look at my belly and be like "yep 146 today, haven't been eating too well" - pretty eery! Anyone else "psychic" like me?
Old 10-13-2006, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I've been busy purging my closets and the basement for yard sale items. My next-door neighbor came over last night and is trying to organize a last minute yard sale for our entire street for tomorrow. Jake and I are always game for something like that, despite the fact that we'll have two of my granddaughters staying with us for the weekend. We have a lot of items that have outgrown their usefulness to us, so I hope they sell.
I didn't get to see the Lipizzaner Horses yesterday afterall. The performance was for 7:30, and I wouldn't have gotten home til midnight or later, and I'd been with the girls since 7:30 AM anyway, so I opted out. So Cindy's best friend got to have my ticket, which worked out well. I'm sure I'll hear all about the show this morning. Cindy and I are taking the girls to the country fair today, it's Children's Day, and they'll be a big parade, followed by games, rides, face-painting, etc, and even a petting zoo. Afterwards, I'm bringing the girls back here to my house so I can get ready for the sale tomorrow, and wait for Monica to drop off Caitlyn and Carley for the weekend. After the past two quiet weekends, it looks like this one is going to be a busy one!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:13 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Do you think it's bad that the guy is coming to fix the furnace on Friday the 13th? I swear, if I have to skip Key West in January because of a furnace fix, I'm going to be REALLY mad. I may go without heat even. Mmm.... maybe not. I'm cold.

Thanks to all for reminding me that it's Friday the 13th. I would have gone through the day without putting "Friday" and "the 13th" together and I'd have been fine, but now I'll fall on my head about 8 times, tear down half my store in the process, etc. You girls know better than to tell me that!

I suppose I should go brush my hair and teeth and such since he should be here soon. Brrrrr. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. May post some later depending on how long he's here.

Lisa
Old 10-13-2006, 09:20 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry, Lisa! Maybe he'll be really cute and you'll get lucky!
~~~~~~~~~~~runs from the Beach Coop, giggling madly ~~~~
Old 10-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #6  

Eye candy and repairs guys is a MUST!!! LOL!

Wednesday blew for amounts of food, yesterday was much better. Today will rock!!! I did a calorie calculater and to maintain my weight i am eating 3000 calories a day. To gain( like I have) I am looking at closer to 4000( oink). So if I can keep it under 2000 I can lose 2 lbs a week. Makes sense. Just gotta do it.

Snow is still on the ground!!! It was a lovely evening last night with all the crunchy snow. Fire is roaring.

Going to test drive some cars tomorrow afternoon.

DS’s coat zips apart into a vest and layers, outer jacket, fleece jacket etc....he decided last night to take it all apart then got pissy with me for not putting it back together fast enough or the right way. It is over now and we all survived.

I have a Tulip Planting event scheduled for tomorrow with Avon in support of Breast Cancer Research. At least the ground is not frozen. Will check the forcast. hmmmm high winds, 46F, chance of showers, wont be snowing anyhow.

I need to pull up my socks and do some housework today. I am over that cold( finally). My ankle is tender still( 2 weeks). I have been lots of leg and hip exercises because I am am not walking or standing well.

Todo
empty out van
put away laundry
sort and put away toys
clean kitchen
vacuum
clean kids rooms
file and clean office
do some Avon planning
clean back hall- we have swim goggles hanging beside winter hats. Gotta love Ontario weather.

HUGS!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Ladies!!

Well, I made it to San Antonio in record time yesterday -- no storms, no traffic, no construction! It only took me five hours, no stops. Then, I get to town and BAM! traffic city! Oh well, I was just happy to be back home!!

Went out for sushi last night, even though I know the rice was a no-no ! I'm prepared for the consequences on Monday's W-I, so oh well! It was worth it! Plus, I'm not letting my workouts slide for the weekend and I'm determined to be OP for the rest of the weekend. I just found out that my mom joined WW last night! I'm super happy for her. I'm glad we'll be able to lose at the same time! Everyone will be amazed next Christmas!

Well, need to shower and go meet the grandparents! If I don't get back until Monday, everyone have a great weekend!!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

I like to think of Friday the 13th'ssss (tee hee) as lucky ! No plans really for today. My new spec's are in and I have to go pick them up at the Greyhound depot, but my car is in the shop. I drive in with boyfriend and I don't know if he'll be able to get away. I think he'll make me wait until after work (sad)... I'm so excited to get them. I've never had glasses like this - they are Fendi's and they have a little bling on the sides. FUN !! I'll probably still wear my old ones now and then, but I've got to get these contacts out of my eyes...

Kicked butt at work yesterday and made 8 appointments next week (I'm in sales). Which is awesome ! I love my job and I love it when I make calls and get through to people and make contact. The hardest part about my job is staying OP when I have to take clients for lunch. I have 3 lunches next week. I usually just go for a salad and I'm getting over people saying "that's it?" because yah, that's it ! I usually don't get dressing and I don't mind because I LOVE the taste of veggies by themselves.

I made a veggie platter last weekend to munch on for a couple hours in the afternoon (better than chips or nuts, which BF likes)... and he wouldn't eat them without dip. Men ! I put some ranch in a bowl for him, but I didn't even touch it.

Boiled egg and ff yoghurt for b-fast. I don't drink milk, so I've got to be sure to try and get some calcium in my diet every day. That's not so easy sometimes. Good thing I love cheese too...

Spending weekend with BF, having his folks over for football and dinner Sunday. Told him we are having BBQ chicken (I love his bbquing - I've never had anything so good - no skin for me though), salad and I'll make spaghetti squash for me and garlic mashed potatoes for them. I'm surprised at how easy it is to stay away from the taters...

Last night on the way home, he was starving so drove through Wendys. I didn't have anything - a stick of celery when we got home. I didn't even want a bite of his burger. I'm so proud of myself ! I just wish I could find a damn scale. I'm not even sure if 190 was my starting weight, but I think it's close as that's 180 is a size 14 for me and my 14s were tight... My clothes still aren't feeling any different. I'm nearing the end of week 2 on P1 and I don't even know if anything has happened. BF says that he thinks I've been losing because when he puts his hands on my waist, he can feel my waist again... I think he's just trying to be encouraging.

I'm going to go to my gym and weigh myself today. Can I knock 5 pounds of the scale for it being the middle of the day and the fact that I have all my clothes on? I'll let you know how it turns out... I'm kind of scared to do it, what if I'm 190? What if my starting weight was higher and I have lost, but I'm still 190?

Scary.... BUT it is lucky Friday the 13th so ....

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC day. I'll check in later )
Old 10-13-2006, 11:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Default I jogged 6 miles this AM!

Hey ladies,

SO after mumbling and grumbling about waking up early, I got to the local trail and after 4 miles realized I could keep going! So I did! I can't believe that this body is able to run 6 miles! Right now I love my body -

This cool front came through yesterday so it was in the 50s this AM which I think is where I got my motivation...

YAAAAY for Friday the 13th!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

LOL Ruthie, you crack me up! He's my Dad's age, and handsome for his age, but definitely not my type. It was only $56 though! I guess it was just dirty. Imagine that, something inside my house is dirty. I never clean the furnace though. Who thinks of that? (If ten of you pipe up and say that you do it yourself once a year, I'm going to kick something.)

So that's one lucky thing. And I got 40 minutes of pilates in, too. Better hop in the shower and get to work. Have a great day girlies!

Lisa
Old 10-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Wow... I woke up this morning feeling great! I don't know what has brought on the spur of happiness but I am not going to question it! Do you ever have those mornings/days? Where there isn't a particular reason why... you are just in a great mood! I have a sneaking thought that it might be from allowing decaf coffee back into my like hahaha.

Also, I wanted to say that I too have the weight gain/loss esp! It mostly works for the gain part though.... I think it comes from being 'in-tune' with you body. I can just feel and guess (pretty acurately) if I have gained.

The other thing is I am starting to get the 'phase 2 worries.' I redid phase 1 this week and am preparing to move onto Phase 2 on Monday and I am getting worried. I have been reading other post about people who went onto P2 and went carb crazy. I don't want that to happen... It just feels safer on phase 1... easier even. But, I can't live on phase 1 for the rest of my life... this whole thing is about progression and growing (not waist-line wise). So, I guess I just need to plan and know my limits... easier said than done.

Oh well... I am still in my great mood and loving every minute of it! Hope everyone is enjoying their day... Check back in later on Bye
Old 10-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

Well, I made it up to my gym to weigh myself. I can finally move the weight tracker thingee !!! Yay !!! I'm not sure if my starting weight was 190, but 180 looks good to me too ) I kept trying to get the scale to say 179.5, but it just wouldn't work with me. Oh well, my TMO is coming up so I'll weigh myself again after that.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #13  

We had a computer system upgrade at work last night, and they always leave us Dove chocolates as a reward for living through another upgrade. There were 6 dove chocolates on my desk when I walked in. Instead of getting rid of them, I put them in my drawer "in case of dire emergency". Mistake. I've eaten 4 of them, although the day is going fine. I need to just NOT be around stuff like that.

At least things are going well with the upgrade, which isn't always the case
Closed Thread