Wednesday"s Cluckings

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Where is everybody? I'm showered, dressed, and did my thing at Curves. Now I'm enjoying a cup of hot tea and a breakfast burrito. I'm feeling a lot better today, still not 100%, but better. Cindy gave me her Allegra, and so I cancelled my Dr. appt. for this morning. She's trying out a new therapy of taking a spoonful of locally made honey, along with a bee pollen tablet, every morning, and she's been allergy free all season long. I'm considering trying it, too, we have a lot of Amish friends who swear by it. I know honey isn't a SB approved food, but I wonder how bad it would affect my diet? She's following the SBD, and it hasn't hurt her at all.
    It's going to be a rainy day, so the girls and I are going to make more decorations for their playroom this afternoon, and maybe watch Shirley Temple's "Heidi". I bought several Shirley Temple Classics at a yard sale, and the girls adore watching them, but "Heidi" is their favorite, even though they bawl their eyes out.
  • Sheesh. Well good morning, Cottage! Is everybody sleeping in today? It's super dark outside here today so if it's the same elsewhere, I don't blame them! I don't feel like getting up!

I really don't care for this time of year. The weather still occasionally teases with some warmth and sunshine, but you know that it's all going downhill for several months. It's too early for most of the leaves to change colors. It's too early to start making bulk food for holidays. (I'm going to have to get rid of 2 cups of those Peppered Pecans because otherwise I will eat them ALL.) My allergies go haywire because of the change of season and people burning leaves in the ditches. The only good thing about this time of year is football season and Halloween, although the candy is quite tempting. I hate the cold, but I'm ready for November.

SO excited about my day off tomorrow! I have to do a New Release Inventory today at work. Ugh. Hurrah. Tomorrow I just have to take Grandma to her hair appointment and teach piano. Woops. Probably should call the piano student's parents tonight.

Well I'd better get in the shower. I have a feeling I'll be slow-moving today because I'm a snail when I wake up to the darkness. Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa
  • Hey Cottage - I've heard that before, that taking local honey will cure you of local allergens, I'm def not a SB purist so I say give it a try! You've been doing this for long enough that I doubt it will blow your diet.

SO I'm feeling down at the start of today, been feeling this way quite a bit the past couple of weeks, it's 2 weeks till my birthday and although I'll start to get depressed typically around this time, it's usually an intense week followed by happiness, been kind of slipping back into it again this week - I think part of it is how many binge days I have - But hey gotta love myself on those days too, it's not how big I am that defines who I am right?

Just praying for a good day, have Spin class at 815 so maybe that will snap me out of it...

Morning Lisa - I like the coooler temps, but don't like how it gets darker earlier, makes it SO HARD to want to get up.
  • Morning Everyone!!

Woke up early this morning just to rush in a workout, rush to the grocery store, and rush to the office. I still don't feel like I got here early enough!! I have so much to get done before I can leave tomorrow. I am seriously doubting I'll be able to leave Alpine by 1 as I had planned. Well, I wish I could stay and chat, but I REALLY should be working.

Have a great day and I'll try to get back later!!

PS: The work lunch at Pizza Hut is today...hope the salad bar's okay!!
  • We are in the middle of a downpour and Mary Ellen and I slept in. Lucy bashed the door open at 7:20 and woke us up with kisses and general doggie enthusiasm. She is madly in love with ME and it's mutual. My DD is more of a dog nut than I am! Anyhow we got into coffee and breakfast before I logged on.

We have a dark and gloomy day with T-storms and major rain so it will be an "at home" morning. I used to get really down on this kind of day but now I turn on lots of lights, put on some music and get busy doing something instead of just sitting and reading.

Cheer up, chickies - it won't be rainy and gloomy forever!
  • Morning Ladies!

Cottage - I'm awake.... had to bring my salad breakfast into work today so I was busy eatting and catching up on some things in the office. Allegra D works miracles and I can't stand to be without it when the mold count is high. I haven't needed it since I moved to the city, but when I was living with my parents in the country it was required. Haven't ever heard of the honey and bee pollen thing. I'm sure that little bit is not going to hurt you dieting. It would be different if it was like "drink a cup of honey twice a day." Have fun playing with the girls today. Movie time is the best.

Weezle - I have to live in 75 degrees and higher. Fortunately the warmth has decided to stay a little longer in Virginia this season. But the cold is coming in a hurry with all this nasty rain its making everything flood around here.

Sarah - It was funny that last night I was working out and i thought about you. I started out working on the treadmill and it hurt so I moved on to some other things and came back to the treadmill to powerwalk some more and I think I got a case of "exercising high." Then for some reason I was like "wonder if sarah ever gets that cause she is always working out."

Ruth - Mostly overcast here today with some sunshine peaking in. We have had enough rain here to last a lifetime. I hope the weatherman never says we are going through a drought again. The Noreaster we just had really caught everyone in southeast Virginia by surprise. Lots of flooding that we didn't expect. Be safe!

Me - Well I finally forced myself to get on the scale last night after a bad cheating weekend to start off Phase 2 (plus no exercise for a week ) I didn't backslide as bad as I'd thought. Only a pound and a half. I started an exercise challenge with another SB Dieter that is my diet buddy. We are supposed to exercise 900 minutes from 10/10 to 10/24. Hopefully I'll win! I made a ticker so you can see my progress.

I kind of have been slacking with planning my wedding. It's odd that my parents are supposed to be helping me be everytime I talk to them about anything they kind of brush it off or say they can't help that week (which has been every week so far.) The truth is they really don't want me to marry Daniel. They don't really care for him and what not so I'm guessing the more resistance they give me the more they think I'm going to give up. Just gets kind of stressful when you are trying to get things together and the money is not there to do anything with what you spent your whole day planning. "You've got big dreams but no money in your pockets to fulfill them." my grandma used to say.

On a lighter note I'm getting lots of exercise stuff done today. The Biggest Loser comes on tonight so I'm excited about that. I have to weight in on Saturday so I'm hoping I do good. My new kitten has been warming up to Daniel and I so I think he's over his fear that everyone is going to hurt him. Now if I could only get him to stop waking me up at 5:30 wanting to be loved on.
  • I like rainy gloomy days...weird , I know.

Good morning.
    Rainy day. Hubby is home.
    Been keeping track of my food intake on fitday.com. It was not as bad as suspected but not good. I really tried yesterday too. I am totally feeling the body sculpt too.
    For now I am aiming for 1800 cal and then equal proportions of proteins,fats and carbs. It is all about balance.

Okay, trying to talk hubby into test driving cars. He is waiting to see if the rain stops.Then he will work. To me it is wasted time but.................( the waiting part)

Maybe i will go test drive. I have 1 little guy here. He was supposed to be here til noon. Parents announced this morning that he would stay all day. Um, I have a life. I did have plans.

Showered and need to clean the kitchen.
  • Sorry I've been MIA gals.. The internet and phones have been up and down-- and problems with the water...apparently part of the fall out from the Chemical Plant fire we had here last week... The State is in here doing digging and testing.. ok it took me 3 times to post this... wil be bak when we have some normalcy
  • Hubby went to work.

The babysitting kids all have places to go to for new care. I found most of them a spot elsewhere and all the parents had to do was go for an interview. I was hoping they would leave here right away but I did give til the end of the month just in case. I work with the new potential employer for a day next Tues. I may start work on the 23rd. I know they all have some place to go. I may tell them that anyhow because I was hoping for a week off. Never had a week off before in my adult life( since I was 17).I have always worked.I am 41 now.
    I am hoping for 2 or 3 days a week with the new job. It is not 100%. She wants to make sure i want to work with her. She is hard working and motivated but also speaks her mind. I am WAY okay with that. I dont have time for wishy washy people. BTDT!!!
    Kitchen cleaned. Body sculpt done. Need to make some calls.

TODO

clean office
    run DW
    fold 2 baskets laundry
    pick up hemmed pants
    buy printer cartridge
  • Morning all, I'm kinda new to this board I have posted a few times. This my second attempt at SB, the first time I lost 16 lbs. I'm back at it again, and I've already lost 2lbs. I know it's just water weight, as a friend at work told me, but who cares the numbers on the scale going down is a good thing. I went for a long walk yesterday and today I did Pilates. I'm off to ghe pool for a bit today. Bye all
  • Hi everyone!

Cottage – I wouldn’t think 1 spoonful would hurt your diet. I do think for me, it would bring back some sugar cravings though. I love Shirley temple, I looked like her when I was a kid and used to love to sing her songs.

Lisa – I hear you on the weather. It is storming here today and its supposed to snow this weekend! Have fun on your day “off” tomorrow. I took Friday off of work, I can’t wait.

Sara – I’m sorry you are feeling down. I have binging issues, so if you ever need to talk I am here. I think the late 20’s are just hard, everything changes so much. I’m 27 and these last few birthdays have really bothered me.

Kim – oooh I am sending you determination vibes today! I couldn’t even step into pizza hut w/o cheating. Good luck with the salad bar! Maybe you can have the toppings off of 1 piece of pizza?

Ruth – Being woken up by the dogs is the best! I have 2 shar peis. Mushi sleeps at the bottom of the bed and Taiko sleeps on an ottoman pushed up to my side of the bed. They insist on getting up at 5:30 and Mushi army crawls up the bed and nudges me when it’s time to get up. Tai stands up and shakes his wrinkles full force. I don’t even use an alarm clock anymore! I never get to sleep in, it stinks. 5:30 is my fault b/c I go to 6am gym classes most days. But oh I hate them on the days I want to skip a class! Hubby and I have a deal, he does night and I do mornings.

Chellez – I’m sorry you are having wedding issues, you’re parents shouldn’t be stressing you during a time that is supposed to be happy. Congrats on the new kitty, how fun! I have 2 and 1 has kept me up every night for 6 years, good thing she’s cute.

Holly – What kind of car are you looking at? DH and I both just got new cars, I got a Toyota RAV 4 and he got a Honda Accord.

As for me! Today is Day 3. Yesterday was tough, I felt very weak and sick. I ran 4 miles yesterday morning and it about did me in. This morning I went to a 6am spinning class, it was tough at first, but I found my stride and got thru it. I feel better today. I can’t decide if I am coming down with something, or if it’s just lack of calories/carbs. I know I should back my exercise down, but I am determined to lose as much as possible during Phase 1, so I don’t want to! But I usually do long runs on the weekend 10-13 miles, I think I will back those down to 6 for the next 2 weekends.

This weather is killing me today as well. Ugh. I am ready to go back to bed!
  • Speaking of printer cartridges...... says she who has just had a lovely hour in the tub .... to make them last longer, change your colour font to grey! I am planning to do this for some of my stuff. It is supposed to make them last 1/3 to twice as long.

My DD ran me a bubble bath, made me a coffee, handed me a magazine, the portable phone and sent me off. She is downstairs removing all the stuff from the top of the back room closets. washing it and stashing it in a tote ready for painting the room! We are NOT doing it ourselves but now I am inspired to book the painters! What a kid! I may just keep her!

It's still pouring but we are going to take the brollies and go visit Harry after lunch. Then we may do a bit of antique browsing - it sure won't be crowded. I've already got ideas for her Christmas gift from just watching her in little country stores. I've already bought one gift (thumbnail attached) and now know it will be perfect! I just got notice that it's in the mail so must remember not to open it in front of her.

Have a lovely day - bring in some sunshine with something special for yourself. I am going to put on lavender hand cream.
  • I've just registered on fitday.com to keep track of what I am eating. What a fabulous site ! Not only will it chart your calories and fat/protien intake, it also has the ability to tell you if you are meeting your nutritional requirements. One can also keep track of calories burned vs. calories eaten. A very useful tool ladies )
  • Kim - Good luck getting everything done that needs to get done! Mmmm pizza hut

Ruth - I love those kinds of days, when you can sleep in and just kind of bask in the gloominess, I just love thunderstorms!

Chellez - I am ADDICTED to the exercise high, it's not always easy to get going but always love how I feel after I'm done! That really sucks that your parents aren't more supportive!

Holly - Good luck with your 'to do' list - I would LOVE a day or afternoon off to be able to get done what I need to get done

Skinny - Welcome back!

Phish - I would LOVE to be able to go for even an 10 mile run! My longest so far is a 10K and that was just a goofy fun run, but still ran the whole way! I went to a spin class this AM too - I know for me I was kind of weak the first couple of days after starting Phase 1 but then the "high" kick in!

MGB4T - I love fitday!
  • Looking at a near by GM dealership right now. Planning on Leasing and they are close for maintenance. All I really care about is mileage. So, 4 cyl, 4 door, no bells or whistles. will test drive a Cobalt and Optra.

http://gmcanada.com/servlet/showroom

Just had a "salad" with feta, avocado,tomato and drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper. MMMMMMMMMMMMM