3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Vacation with South Beach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/95239-vacation-south-beach.html)

bailey's mom 10-03-2006 05:08 PM

Vacation with South Beach

Hi everyone:

I'm leaving next Thurs for Disney World and wondered if anyone had any SBD dining tips. We will be using the "dining plan" while we are there. Any advice would be appreciated as I have lost 10 pounds already and don't want to gain an ounce back!

yawaii29 10-04-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bailey's mom (Post 1426853)
Hi everyone:

I'm leaving next Thurs for Disney World and wondered if anyone had any SBD dining tips. We will be using the "dining plan" while we are there. Any advice would be appreciated as I have lost 10 pounds already and don't want to gain an ounce back!

I would make sure that you continue drinking water;) and when out eating look for lean meat cuts such as skinless chicken breast, sirloin, shrimp..make sure it's not fried:devil: and eat lots of steamed veggies or salads..and be careful of salad dressings...

Are you flying or driving...How long are you going to be there???

Hope you have lots of fun!!!:carrot:

Ruthxxx 10-04-2006 03:47 PM

What is "the dining plan"?

beachgal 10-04-2006 04:14 PM

Bailey, try to keep up with exercise...it helps even when you might go overboard.

Try to be gentle with yourself...it's often tough in different environments to get the kinds of food you need and it's better to eat than to starve yourself in hopes that you won't gain an ounce. If you put anything on while you're gone, you can jump on P1 (if necessary) or back on plan at home, and it'll drop right off. I promise! :crossed:

Disney is usually really good about posting menus online...or you can try using www.dogpile.com or another search engine to find out if anyone has posted their nutritional information or 'dieting tips' for WDW. You can use that info to plan where you think you'd have the easiest time eating. Bring some food with you to make it easier...If you can bring a cooler, bring stuff...or buy when you get there. Cheese sticks, fruit, veggies that you can eat raw, WW buns for sandwiches...you can get a sandwich, then put it on your bread, instead. :)

Hope you have a great time...planning ahead will help you be successful on your plan!

But I'm with Ruth, though..what is the "dining plan"? :?:

quagmire 10-06-2006 05:47 PM

Bend, but don't break. Remember though that it is vacation - so go off a little, just make sure the bulk of your consumption is SB friendly. :)

bailey's mom 10-06-2006 09:32 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone! I've been losing and been so proud of myself that I just don't want to mess it up! This is the first time I've tried a diet and it's really working. Two weeks on P1 and I lost almost 15 pounds. I figured that I could always find a salad in any restaurant and grilled chicken is pretty much available anywhere.
To answer the dining plan questions...this is something new Disney started. You pay 35 dollars a day and you receive 1 sit down meal, 1 counter meal (fast food type) and a snack. All the food can either come from any of the disney hotels that you happen to be near or all the restaurants in the parks. Sounded more economical than just buying something spur of the moment.
We are flying out on Thurs 10/12 and will fly home on Wed 10/18. Wish me luck and again....thanks for all the advice. I'm off to see if I can find those menus online as you suggested.

Csondra 10-06-2006 11:29 PM

Got back from WDW on the 24th of last month and used the dining plan. We loved it! Of course, I wasn't dieting then... There's plenty of chicken and salads to be had, just watch out for all the pasta dishes.

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

I used the page above constantly when looking at meals. Just click on the restuarant or counter service place you're interested in. HTH! :D