3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   "Wild" Weekend Chat - Sept. 9 & 10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/93413-wild-weekend-chat-sept-9-10-a.html)

Ruthxxx 09-09-2006 05:27 AM

"Wild" Weekend Chat - Sept. 9 & 10

Good morning! It's still very dark out there but all is quiet - no deer this morning! Up and at 'em, chickies! :cb: :cb: :cb:

I'm planning to hang around home today and get my life a bit organized because the next few days will be busy with Harry's move and "stuff". I have to finish the Church bulletin and print it this morning and will have a man coming to pick up the two huge coffee urns from the Fairground for an event in the Park. Tonight I will be a wicked woman :devil: and go to a play in town with Claire's husband, Doug. I asked her to go and she wasn't interested but Doug was so..... I wonder how many people will spot us and start rumours! :shrug: Small towns, small minds sometimes!

So what's happening with you and yours today? Come and sit at my kitchen table and chat a bit. :cofdate:

RMT 09-09-2006 06:52 AM

Good Morning

Good Morning all you chicks:hug:

I hope that you are doing fine today and had a great friday.

Good Morning Ruth - hope all is well with you today. It is a wee bit dark here too - and it is almost 7?????? Guess Fall is here and I will have to let my dh take down the pool - I still had a little hope - but oh well. LOVE fall - my favorite time of the year - chilly mornings and warm afternoons - the smell of the leaves yummy!!!!! Nothing like a drive in PA during fall - takes your breath away. My dd and i go "pick" leaves every year - looking for the most perfect one (evey year we find at least a dozen "perfect" ones.)

Good Luck with moving Harry today - I hope you have lots of help - I hate moving!!!! Also, have fun tonight it sounds like you will have a great time!!!!

No one posted yet so will just start with me.

I REFUSE to get on the scale - I think I gained a couple - haven't done anything wrong - just not sure what is going on. I did skip lunch yesterday (not my choice my darn boss - :devil: ) but I ate when I got home and then had a snack last night (chick peas plain rinsed out of the can only a hand full) i feel soooooo bolated and that I have gained a few back :mad:

For today . . . my dh has guards (only home station so I need to get him up and at em in a few) so he will be gone most of the day - my dd is STILL in bed and will be there till i MAKE her get up. Me - FARMERS Market - here I come :carrot: Gotta get all my fresh veggies. Other than that erands and a bit of relax time with my dd!!!! Then tonight "pack wars" my dh and dd collect football cards (we have a few that are worth over $4,000!!! just one card :dizzy: ) anyway we go to a local card shop and there are about 10 - 15 people there - we open up a box of cards (which normally run about $110 - $220 a box) and everyone buys as many packs as they want and we open them up -trade if you want - sort of geeky but it is fun. The owner of the store called me last night and wanted to make sure we were coming - then I said "do you want me to bring anything?" well of course I takes something everywhere I go - can't go anywhere emptied handed - so I will make cookies for everyone.

Well I gotta go get my dh up - have a good one chickies :carrot:

gma22 09-09-2006 07:48 AM

I just lost the whole post so I will be back in later and do a post! I haven't the time at the moment.

Faye

Barb0522 09-09-2006 08:07 AM

Morning, ladies! Sounds like fall is in the air. It's been kind of cool in the morning here and nice later. I don't think it go over 90 yesterday.

I'm off to spend the day with Cub Scout training. I'm thinking of packing a sandwich for lunch so I won't be tempted to go out to eat. I won't have a microwave to heat anything up but I know a peanut butter and SF jelly sandwich with grapes and a Diet Coke will be much healthier than anything I could get at a fast food place.

DH agreed to take Brian to the birthday party tonight. He was disappointed we weren't going to all go but explained I didn't want to be tempted and didn't know if I'd be done by training then anyway.

I got the dates for Cub Camp School yesterday. They're going to send my co-director and I to a three day camp to learn what we need to learn to direct the summer day camp. It should be fun since it's three days at a resort (all expense paid). Looks like we'll go in February.

Louren 09-09-2006 08:13 AM

Good Morning. My body is teasing me. .2 lbs at a time, I am creeeeeeeping towards finally hitting 10% loss (of initial body weight) and I am so excited to hit it, but not today it seems. I am at .4 lbs from it. I can do this!

I also can't wait for 172.2, then I can change my avatar to 20 lbs. So 1.2 lbs to go for that!

I hope everybody is having a great weekend so far. Got a new sports bra at Academy, and hope to hit the gym this am to start working on cardio again, and maybe start a teeny big of (tummy) weight training.

Happy Weekend, All!

EmilieB 09-09-2006 09:07 AM

Mornin' chickies.

I'm pouting this morning.... and hiding from my hubby & kids who are eating a breakfast of toast w/ honey and bananas! :faint:

:halfempty

I seem to have stalled a bit and have been stuck at this weight for several days. I'm on day 12 of phase 1 and have only lost 5 lbs. I don't think I'll lose another three in the next two days to reach the books guideline of 8-13 lbs. in phase 1.

Would it be OK to stay on phase 1 until I reach that mark??

Damn scale! :rollpin:

Kiko 09-09-2006 09:46 AM

Morning gals,

Trying to wake up here- the coffee isn't kicking in as fast as I would like. DH and I consumed some wine (a bit too much on my part last night), so I am dragging a bit this morning.

My week really got away from me, so I haven't posted much. I also seem to be continuing my not-so-good food choices, so I feel guilty. I am definitely not reaching my goal weight by my birthday like I has originally planned. Who knows- maybe I can lose ten pounds by Monday. :dizzy:

Emilie I would move on to Phase 2 when it is time. Many of us didn't lose the 8-13 in Phase 1. Phase 1 is awfully restrictive and isn't meant for long term. As long as you follow the plan, you will lose!! It does take patience, that is for sure.

Barb The weather here really has been a pleasant change- I leave for work around 6:30 am and it has been so nice and cool. The girls needed a light jacket yesterday. My AC hasn't been running non-stop, so hopefully our electricity bill will be a bit more manageable this month.

Ruth Hope things go well today- I am going to catch up on posts to see about Harry. :hug:

Me- Chilling this morning with only Megan at home. Big sister had a sleepover at my mom's last night since our all girl sleepover wound up with her puking all night. We have a birthday party this afternoon and then home for dinner. This weekend will be a good blend of downtime with some errands and fun mixed in. Works for me!

Gonna go catch up on posts from the week and see what you all have been up to!!

EmilieB 09-09-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiko (Post 1400301)
Many of us didn't lose the 8-13 in Phase 1.

Really?? That makes me feel better b/c I've been SUPER strict w/ the plan and was getting a lil frustrated, like something was wrong w/ me or my body for not losing what the book says :o

Chal 09-09-2006 10:27 AM

Good morning ladies :)

Emilie: I'm in the same boat as you. I lost 5 lbs my first week. I end phase 1 in two days, and I don't think I'll lose 3 more to get the minimum 8 either. A lot of things factor in... but remember that the weight didn't come on overnight, so taking it off won't be any faster. No matter what my scale says on Monday morning, I will gladly head into phase 2. *lol* I am eager to have fruit again, above anything else.

Sounds like everyone's having a good morning... planning out their day. :) I've got an interview on Monday :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: so I'll be going out shopping today to try to find a nice new top to wear. I also need a new purse in a bad way, so the hunt will continue.

I hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend! ;)

Kiko 09-09-2006 10:36 AM

Okay, so I think I am caught up!!

Ruth How fabulous that Harry will be closer. I will keep you both in my prayers as you make this transition.

Cottage Sorry to hear the girls were sick. Thanks for checking in on me- Megan and I somehow avoided that bug. It really is heartbreaking to see them sick. Hope that you and Jake enjoy your day today!!

Sarah Have fun watching the game today. I have a friend at school who is a huge UT fan- she and her husband drive to Austin for every home game. They flew to California for the Rose Bowl as well. I don't watch a whole lot of college football, but enjoy the NFL. I am with you on the beer and football experience. Hope today goes well for you!!

All the talk of chili this week has inspired me! I am going to make the crockpot chili tomorrow. It sounds cheap and easy. Our budget continues to be a struggle.... fortunately DH's schedule is about to get busy and my raise kicks in this month, so I am praying for some relief in that area.

Okay, I have been sitting in this chair for way too long- need to hit the shower.

gma22 09-09-2006 12:09 PM

Well, I am back. We have been to the nightmare commissary, but it was pretty cool today in and out. Not too many people and no one in line. I know have my fridge loaded with SBD stuff and am ready to start on Monday. I have a couple more things I need to get started then I am a big GO!!!

Emilie: Listen, you have to ignore stuff like guidelines. Each of us is different. Be thrilled with the 5 lbs so far as that is FABULOUS and just keep working. I agree, you should stick to going on to Phase II. You are doing great, btw!

I am swamped right now so cannot get to personal replies. I replied to ladies this morning and lost it for some reason so I may not get in here today depending on how busy I am.

have a great Saturday ladies!

Faye

rebel 09-09-2006 12:11 PM

G'morning.
I injured my foot this morning while doing trunk stabilization excersizes on an exercize ball. It takes real klutzy talent to do that! I lost my balance, my feet lifted up off the floor, and the ball rolled, dumping me against the wall. I now am icing and elevating.

Barb, I can't believe all that you do!

Schatzi 09-09-2006 12:18 PM

Oh What a Beeeautiful Mooorning Oh What a Beautiful DAY!! :dance:

Late check in the morn gals! Spent the morning finishing a book.. Predator.. Which was a complete Waste of time... then was outside weeding and trimming..
Have to run out the door now...will be back!

Ruthxxx 09-09-2006 01:03 PM

Hey! I'm just back from a ride through the hills and dales on a motorcycle - as a passenger. What a thrill! It was a bit nerve wracking at first and then I remembered which way to lean on the curves. Shades of my youth!

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know there's life in the Old Broad yet! :lol:

beach bum 09-09-2006 02:38 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies:)

Nothing new except.

I'm checking in only so you don't think I lost on the beach. Leo is watching Football so that leaves me the football widow.We left early this morning to walk along the:beach: beach.

After the doctor gives a such good report:carrot: on Leos check up, I did some shopping and I found an outfit for "formal night" for our anniversary cruise.Its a white crepe twin blouse with a black crepe slacks that I have bk &wh patent leather spaghetti strap shoes & bag to go along with the outfit.Now I just have to find jewelery to match.

Have a nice afternoon

Hugs :) BB

gma22 09-09-2006 05:00 PM

Beach: I am a football widow too. Jack is watching and booing Notre Dame right now! :lol: That man DOES hate that team!

Ruth: About 20 years ago, Jack owned a motorcycle and I loved going on rides with him. If I got on one now and leaned in the curves we would tip over! :o :) ;) It is fun though, isn't it?

Schatzi: I have had Predator for a long time and had a hard time getting into it and only read a couple chapters and book it in the bookcase. I forced myself to take it out a couple days ago and am determined to get through it. If she doesn't have a ghost writer she sure does stink. I haven't read a good book of hers for the last 4 at least.

Jack is hungry so I need to go and make him some dinner.

Faye

beach bum 09-09-2006 06:24 PM

Yes Ladies We know that we having a WILD WEEKENDwhen we see Ruth riding a motorcycle:moped: Wow Your certainly brave.

gma22 09-10-2006 08:07 AM

Good morning gals! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Ruth: Hope you are getting things settled for Harry at the other facility and he is happy to be going and his hernia surgery is healing well.

I pooped out on Jack and went upstairs to bed around 7 PM last night then sat up there and watched AFI's 100 cheer movies, which was interesting. I would think of a movie and then wait and see if it came up on the list. Pretty much every "feel good" movie I could think of was on the list somewhere, but I did fall asleep over the last 10. I then woke up as they were running the credits and showing pics of the movies who made it so caught a couple more that way. Jack was watching the NASCAR race downstairs and is a big Tony Stewart fan. Tony did poorly last night so dropped out of the top 10 and won't be in the chase this year so I doubt we watch the rest of the races, which I think Jack said there are 20 left. He gave up on Penn St when they were down 27-0 with the Notre Dame game (just couldn't stand watching ND win :lol: ) Thank goodness he doesn't watch pro football anymore so we won't have that on today. He calls it and pro basketball "THUG BALL" because he says the players act and play like street thugs anymore.

As for me, I am going to TRY and get those darn carpets done this morning, change the bed linens and wash them and start on Monday's cleaning today as we have the dr's appt on Tuesday so I need to do Tuesday's cleaning on Monday so I keep up.

Have a great day gals!

Faye

Ruthxxx 09-10-2006 08:12 AM

:wave: Off to Church - Lucy's turn this week. Catch up later.

beach bum 09-10-2006 08:24 AM

Hi Ladies:)

Got to get ready for church myself,but before I go, i just wanted to let Ruth I only kidding lol!!!:lol:My DD used to ride with her hubby before they were married and my heart was in my mouth.

Nothing exciting is happening today,after church I planning to have brunch with my friends in a local restaurant.After that I going to that it easy and read my Dean Knootz novel "Midnight".

Scale is up again,have to start lowering the carbs again. Everytime I have bread the scale moves up. I guess I have to STOP eatting it. Use eggwhite,roast beef,& turkey breast as sandwish wrappers.

Have to go,will post later

RMT 09-10-2006 08:54 AM

Good Morning Ladies - not much going on here today - dh has guards again - they are having some "big deal" at the Bryce Jordan Center for all of the Guards that were sent overseas and that were activated within the last year or so - don't know any more about that.

My dd is doing her homework - she has to go with her dad today - so we must get it done.

Me - well not much - think I might go to the store and stock up on some food - going to make stuffed peppers tonight for my dh and myself.

Looks pretty yucky here today - so I might take it easy read a little - clean a little and maybe treat myself to a bubble bath.

Well I must get going for now.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

RMT

EmilieB 09-10-2006 10:20 AM

Mornin' chickies. Good news on the scale- finally broke the stubborn five pound mark :D I'm on day thirteen of phase 1, one more day to go and then oatmeal here we come!!

Not much going on here today. Kind of gloomy. Hubby's outside w/ the kidlets giving me some quiet time to check up on life and enjoy my coffee then it's down to the mines for me. Well, not literally, but I do need to go downstairs and finish a sewing project before someone comes to pick it up at 4:30 today. Nothing like a little pressure to make 18 five-year old sized pinnies for a soccer league!! One of the more bizarre sewing assignments I've had to date.....

cottagebythesea 09-10-2006 10:32 AM

Hi girls,
Just a quick peek-in to catch up with you all. I'm supposed to be paying bills while Jake's mowing! We had a nice time at the auction yesterday, but all I bought was a lamp shade. Monica and her girls came up Friday to stay over, so they all came with us. An auction is no place for a 20 mos. old, believe me! We all had a fun day, though. Today Jake is closing up the pool for the year, and DS is coming over later to help with that and taking the air conditioners out, too. I'm going to Trader Joe's for some much needed food shopping while all that is going on here.
Well, I'd better get back to paying those bills, see you all later, and . . . Be careful on that bike, Ruth!

Ruthxxx 09-10-2006 10:56 AM

Hi there. I'm back from Church where we bade a sad farewell to Stella and Stan, some summer people who are going back home. Lucy went with me and was as good as gold.

No time for personals this morning but it looks like you are all enjoying life.

I have eggs on the boil to add to a lunch Caesar salad and some ww croutons in the oven. Hersh and I are going to picnic on the way to visit H. this afternoon. I want to pack most of his clothes and do an inventory of what the guys have to move in the truck tomorrow. When I get home, I think I'll take Lucy and go to Maple View (MV) to scope out the new room. I know it's bigger but need to know the exact size.

Hey! Borrowing Claire's husband worked out really well last night! Doug is very charming and social and fit right in with this la-de-dah group of financial folk - Can you say Price Waterhouse? The play was absolutely hilarious but not just fluff. It was "Rope's End" - do see it if you want a good night of thatre.

Gotta go! Wolfe from the ***** biker group just returned the big coffee urns and wants to know if I want to go "for a spin". Sure! Why not! Life is short. Yes, I wear a helmet!

birdlover39 09-10-2006 11:27 AM

Animal Control on patrol!

Hellow, fellow SBD's

Just jumping on the boards this week, trying to gear up and get back into South Beach way of life. I'm an Animal Control Officer who brings her work home with her - I have 5 cats and 1 dog (just recently lost a 15 yr old Australian Shep), as well as one cantankerous baby squirrel, which I am raising to release when it is old enough.

I'm off work today, and had intended to sleep late (which for me is around 8 am), but said baby squirrel had other ideas. He is housed outside my bedroom window in the back yard in a large cage, and at the crack of dawn started shreeking at me to come feed him. The cats took a cue from him, and all started meowing for their morning feast as well. Casey, the dog, not to be left behind, started to whine to be let out so she could go sit under the squirrel cage and hope that the little critter might somehow figure out how to escape the cage and want to play. Though Casey tends to play rough with squirrels!

Needless to say, I DID NOT get the much anticipated sleep I was looking forward to. I just came off a week of "Beeper" (though now we use cell phones to be available to the Police), and I am ususaly wiped out after a week of on-call. I'm getting too old to get up at 3 am to go get a bat out of someone's house! It hurts for the 1st 20 minutes, if I can even get moving!

Beeper week also plays havoc with my eating schedule, and who has time to cook meals or to even plan them when you are chasing cows on the freeway at noon, and crawling under old Ms. Thomas's house at 6pm, trying to get her terrified house cat out from under the bathroom floor?

But tomorrow is a new week, I'm back on a 8-5 schedule (for the most part) and hope to get off with a bang.

A quick question - what type of scales are you guys using? I bought a digital scale a few months ago, thinking that it would be more accurate, but the darn thing will give three different readings within the same 5 minutes! I don't think even the best dieter can loose 6 lbs in 5 minutes! It is just a generic wal-mart dig scale. Anyone out there have one that is accurate?

EmilieB 09-10-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdlover39 (Post 1401126)
A quick question - what type of scales are you guys using? I bought a digital scale a few months ago, thinking that it would be more accurate, but the darn thing will give three different readings within the same 5 minutes! I don't think even the best dieter can loose 6 lbs in 5 minutes! It is just a generic wal-mart dig scale. Anyone out there have one that is accurate?

I have a THINNER brand digital scale from Bed Bath & Beyond and it measures to the 1/2 lb. accurately. It will give the same reading 3 times in a row. I think I paid over $75 for it though :o

Kiko 09-10-2006 12:56 PM

Hey there, hi there!

Back from church, girls have been fed, and the baby is getting ready to go down for a npa. I plan to throw a load of laundry in, get chili in the crockpot, mop the kitchen floor, and curl up on the couch for a quick shut-eye.

:) Enjoy your Sunday!! Are you ready for some football??

rebel 09-10-2006 01:25 PM

I don't feel like I had any summer; I'm not ready for football. However, watching Green Bay Packers was the only particular bribe factor for my son and his homework. I don't know if Green Bay is playing, and I don't know if he has homework the first week of school.

I am being ever so lazy, and it feels so good.

I'm going to a meeting at work tomorrow, even though I'm out on leave, so I'll have a chance to weigh myself again. That's the only scale that counts :lol:

gma22 09-10-2006 04:13 PM

Afternoon everyone. We got a soaking just awhile ago and Fortune is mad because he can't go outside right now. If you let him out in the rain he goes ripping out and turns around and comes ripping in! :lol:

I just put my menu/ Jack's menu for tomorrow on my FitDay journal so I can follow it and made a vanilla ricotta creme and a pan of the brownies so I am good to go with desserts for a week or so too. I'll cut the brownies into servings and bag them up individually and freeze them when they cool. I realized I forgot to buy salmon, cornish hens, refried beans and a couple of cheeses yesterday so it is back to the store for me, but not until probably Tuesday since Jack has his dr appt that day.

I am going to be one messed up lady for a few days coming off caffeine, sugar, and the stress of this heart business with Jack. I am either going to be a bear to live with or shake like I am in withdrawal, which usually happens with caffeine withdrawal for me besides the monumental headaches. Why I EVER let myself go back to regular soda is beyond me. DUMB DUMB DUMB!

Sounds like everyone is having a grand Sunday. I will talk with you all tomorrow morning, probably after I exercise. I try and get that out of the way very first thing in the morning before I do anything else.

TTFN
Faye

Barb0522 09-10-2006 06:13 PM

birdlover - My son and I volunteer almost every week at our animals shelter. It can be a lot of fun. We recently bottle fed two litters of kittens that we couldn't get one of the nursing moms to adopt. One litter didn't even have their eyes open yet. We've bottle fed baby squirrels too but feel more comfortable with squirrels. Most of the time we clean and feed the cats/kittens and the exotic room. We normally have a variety of birds as well as ferrets, rabbits, a guinea pig, a chinchilla, a couple of sugar gliders and some hamsters and turtles and then there are mice in the back (snake food). We don't have to do anything to the snakes. THey get fed so seldom that the volunteers don't feed them. Occasionally we feed (or pick up food bowls) or walk the dogs but there are a lot of volunteers who only do dogs so we seldom work there. We spend most of our time doing dishes and laundry. My 9 year old is great with those. He isn't old enough to volunteer alone but we've been doing it about a year and a half now and we really enjoy it. Sometimes we even feed the goats, chickens and ducks. It's been a great experience to see animals right after birth and a good learning experience for my son to learn about death.

Me - Yesterday was a fun day with the training. I feel much better prepared for when I teach now. I'm so glad I showed up early to help with registration. They really needed me. While DH and Brian were at the party, I got the meals planned and grocery shopping done with freed up today. After Brian's first Sunday school class, church and lunch, we headed out for a bike ride. I'm glad I put sunscreen on since I know it is in the upper 80's or low 90's. We explored a new trail and rode for 2 hours. He has to ride for 10 hours for his bicycling Cub Scout pin and is now half way there.

I'm trying a new recipe tonight (actually two). Dinner is a recipe with ham wrapped around sauerkraut and veggies. I'm serving it with a spicy lentil side dish that I've also never made. If they're good, I'll post them.

rebel 09-10-2006 09:53 PM

I ate a mess of lentils for dinner, then afterwards said Hmm, wonder if lentils are on Phase 1? so I was glad to find that they were.