South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fabulous Friday's Clucking Chick Chat!

Okay, how's that for today's title thread?

It's finally the end of a long week, long for me because I'm looking forward to vacation! There's so much yet I have to do; pack, get groceries for Jake, make sure all the bills are paid, do laundry, etc. We also have Amber's birthday party tomorrow, so it's going to be a hectic day.
Today another "nanny friend" and I are taking the kids to the Strasburg Railroad for the day. It's a big railroad museum, and they have several old fashioned steam engine trains you can take a ride on. They have the largest Thomas train store, there, too, so it should be a fun day.
It's time to refill my coffee, see you all later!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Cottage, thanks for starting us up. I checked your profile and could see you were creating a thread so did a wee cruise around the boards until now. Great title! Your day sounds like fun!

It's a glorious sunny morning with a temp of 50ºF, just the ticket for doing some outside work. Lucy's haircut kind of screwed up my day yesterday so I did not get to visit poor Harry. We will go today for sure, maybe early afternoon to avoid the weekend traffic.

The weekend is supposed to be good weather too and I have nothing planned except Church. I hope to get a lot of garden odds and ends cleared up so my flwoers won't miss me too much when I am away next week. I must admit I'm a bit twitchy about flying but am sure I'll be over that before I leave.

Time for coffee and maybe an omelet this morning. The Girls are still asleep, I guess, so I'll go down and wake them for a change.

What's happening on your stretch of the strand?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

good morning ladies! I'm up bright and early on my day off Woke up at 6:30 and watched a taped "Buff Brides" I think I'm going to start taping it regularly. It motivated me to get out the door and do my body pump class. I'm even going to take my swimsuit and consider doing some laps with the kick board.

Glad it's cooled today for most of us. It's finally breathable outside! I walked twice yesterday and can tell it today. My legs are tight but it feels good.

Eating has been good - more purposeful. I'm not just going through motions at least for the day. That was nice. Today I was suppose to have lunch with a friend. This is the second time she's canceled the lunch part and kept the massage part. I don't mind giving her a massage at all but the lunch was the bonding part - not me working on my day off. I'll have to schedule a 'makeup" lunch next week since we can't get together for it today. Hopefully that will politely get the point across. OH and I GET A MASSAGE TODAY Surprisingly I don't get nearly enough. Very excited! Nice way to start a free weekend.

Also off to get parts to fix my bike. Scales not moving but skinny jeans are fitting a bit better. I want to be happily in them when I go to meet my father. That is Oct 4. I want to fit into my skinny jeans.....there - my solid, SET goal!! YIPPEE!!!! Something to get me off the sidelines of my own life and into the planning! off to the gym.....
Old 08-11-2006, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ruth, yes I know what you mean about flying right now, my DD and her family are in Corpus Christi, Texas, and are due to fly back home tomorrow morning. I'll sure breathe a little easier once they're home safe and sound! It looks like airport security is on the ball right now, though, and doing their job to keep everything safe. here's to a safe trip for you.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:46 AM   #5  

Morning and TGIF ! Everybuddy sounds sooo chipper this morn!

Cottage: I remember visiting the Strausberg years ago.. what a fun day trip!

Grasshopper: for you ! Gettin and Stayin on track! hmmm, that doesn't sound very nice I say next time no massage and just lunch.

Ruth: WHAT???? A "quiet" weekend for you???? hope H is in good spirits today!

Had a nice time last night meeting all DH's coworkers and spouses.. The big boss said the get together was "really" for us spouses since he knows that the guys are spending so much time, weekends and nights working on this project... So dinner, open bar and then we watched these 3 comics... Today not much planned...
Old 08-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checked my calendar. I have the Perth Garlic Festival to go to tomorrow and the International Sheep Dog Trials could be interesting too. Hmmmm. As my Mother used to say "You're a long time dead."

I'm feeling a bit "down" this morning although weight is up from stupid food choices yesterday so am going to pull up my mental socks and get out to the garden! Beans and cherry tomatoes for lunch!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #7  

Good morning, all! Yesterday got crazy as a security patch got escalated and I was dealing with server work in the afternoon. For a bit I was afraid it would affect my Roundtable but my team lead too that since I'm working two maintenance windows this weekend (tonight and Sunday morning - sleep, who needs sleep! Me ) Anyway, that meant I didn't have time to fix dinner last night and I was really looking forward to Taco Bake. I heated up some Chipotle Beef burrito and ate one quickly and then off to Roundtable. I was involved in so much of the evening but had a blast and the breakout session afterwards worked well.

I'm WFH today since Open House at Brian's school is from 4-5 and I have to be there with my Scout stuff to help get a table set up and then work the table until 7 during the supply sale. IF, and it's a big IF, work cooperates, then I will fix the taco bake during the day and we can reheat it when we get home. Tomorrow I have a scout meeting about camp from 1-2 and a Scout pool party from 3-6 and might have to be at the supply sale from 10-12. I don't think there will be time to go to the animal shelter tomorrow to volunteer. If I don't have to work the supply sale then I will make it to Powerflex class from 11-12 otherwise I will try to get some exercise in at home beforehand. At least Sunday I only have church and grocery shopping. It was 104 yesterday so I don't have any desire to spend too much time outside.

cottage - the railroad museum sounds like fun. DH and Brian are in an N scale model train club and they run trains at train shows and love the train museums.

ruth - I'm sure you said it and I just don't remember but where are you flying to?

little grasshopper - You sound so motivated and pumped! Good for you!

Schatzi - I really miss getting together with coworkers and spouses. My team is spread throughout the country and you really bond better when you can socialize too.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi Kids! Welcome to ****, I mean the Illinois State Fair! I loathe the Fair. This year, since I work right down the road, I'll be in the parking lot on the weekends in a tank top and shorts, trying to sell drinks 2 for $2 and $4 DVD's. We will have minimal business and thousands of yokels who don't know where they're going or how to drive in town. If any of you are coming for the Fair (I know it's the highlight of everyone's summer,) please honk as you pass my parking lot where I'll be standing in the heat. I'll wave.

Still holding steady with my weight, but basically just laid on the couch all day yesterday. I have to have SOME sort of day off. It's my time to make my brain relax and able to catch up from all the stuff I've done all week. I'll be on my feet again this weekend so that'll help me burn some calories, I'm hoping.

Otherwise, just going to relax on the couch for an hour before I have to go get ice and get to work. Hope you all have a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 08-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We had a bad thunder storm last night,right over us,that it woke us from our sound sleep.Yikes!!! I hate ]Smile these storms. Leo I had to go downstair to get away from all those[sky lite] windows,until the storm was over. The only good thing,it mad it alot cooler and we're going into the 70's.

As far as the diet going I'm filling up,not hungry any more, but there alot of sodium invoved.I have to drink tons of water to get the salt out of my system.Leo doesn't understand,he says drinking to much water will only get me more bloated.

CottageHave a wonderful vacation and don't stress over Amber's Birthday Party. My 32 1/2 dgs would love to see the thomas train, All day long he plays and reads picture book about his Thomas Trains.

Ruth We have cooling temps also.TG. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead on your vacation also. Don't be scared just take some books with you to keep your mind occupied . Be sure to get to the airport 3 hrs before boarding,at least that what there saying here in the states.

SchatziI sure you'll get along with the other wifes,as you're so out going they LOVE you.

BarbLooks like your going to kept quit busy.Have fun no matter.I remember doing scouting things wthen my son was young.

LisaHi have a great weekend.Happy your weight is hold steady,better than a gain right!!

Have good one Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-11-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

Morning all! Yesterday was my only day off, so I tried to get everything done....but I failed. AND I took my engagement ring in for a check up (it's for the warranty)and the stone is loose, so they had to send it out for repair - I'm WITHOUT MY RING!!! I told df to buy me a back up, he rolled his eyes at me (it was worth a shot)
I made a big batch of taco salad...yum
Gotta go to work....have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey ya'll,

I'm in funky land today. Still trying to figure out what the trigger was so I guess I'll write it out. Was in a great mood, Eric (BF) called, we talked about doing lunch or dinner, been wanting to go to this one restaurant for a really long time and wanted to do it tonight. He suggested we do it for lunch, but it juts wouldn't be the same... so we opted for lunch instead at a different place.

That's it? But after deciding not to go the restaurant I felt dissapointed? That doesn't make sense does it?

We're working on putting a deck on my house tomorrow 9-12 (my dad and myself) and Eric was supposed to help. But 9AM is too early for him on Saturday so he's going to come by after he wakes up (which I doubt will be before noon). So tonight I'm staying in to rest up and he's going out. Maybe it upset me that he would rather go out than stay in and go on a romantic date with me?

So my thoughts now are movies and Dijorno WW pizza (I'm sure it's not TOTALLY OP but it's better than nothing). Also going to the gym with a girlfriend and since I jogged this morning that equals a lot of exercise which is good.

I'm rambling, hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys! Had a GREAT day here in good ole NC....

I had a massage for myself..forgot how good they feel
went to the farmer's market for fruits and yummy veggies. got lots of peppers for stuffing
played with the doggies a bit. mac is quite the frisbie dog. (except that he can't pick it up with out poking holes in it with his big ole teeth).
had some Wendy's chili for lunch and it was sooo very good!
Got all the bike parts to fix my bike. It's shiny and new now.
Did a body pump class and got a great workout this morning.

Oh - and just got invited on a double date with friends. We never get to do that. They saw DF's weight loss and went on the diet too...tonight is the last day of phase 1. We didn't even know they were on the diet!

I hope you all had a good day too!!
Closed Thread