Newbie needs guidance!!

• Help! I'm confused. I just read the South Beach Diet book and began with Phase 1 yesterday. (So far so good)
    Anyway..happended upon this wonderful site and have questions regarding differences from book and posts.
    i.e. - I noticed an updated Phase 1 food list. So I can have milk and milk products in phase 1, book says no, post says 2 cups! Book states 2 TEASPOONS of peanut butter but recipe for peanut butter cups states you may have 2 TABLESPOONS.
    I love all the recipes. This will certainly help me in this phase.
    I am a 1-year cancer survivor, now on Tamoxifen and have landed a post-menopause belly in the process. Heard South Beach was the way to go. Have been trying Weight Watchers for awhile but want to get away from over-processed carbs.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • I checked my book and you are to have two servings of milk (non-fat or 1%)
    and you can have two tablespoons of p.b.
    I have been on this diet for four weeks. It has been the best. At the end of phase 1 I lost 15 pounds. And I had a big tummy, it really does shrink your tummy. Phase 1 is the hardest (well at least for me) Drink plenty of water because during the first three days I felt like I had the flu. I was told this is normal in some people. That is why you need to drink plenty of water, help keep everything flushed out. Hope you find the diet works well for you. Email me if you have any questions. Joanna
  • The diet has officially changed since the hardback book was published. The paperback copy of the book has the revised food list and that is what we have on this site. Many things have changed since the original list (dairy products, bananas and carrots in phase 2, etc).
  • Thank you for clarification. I am going to grab a new book. I was going to order a cookbook but you gals have taken care of that for me! I thought I would suffer this first two weeks but as I can see from the recipe section that certainly will not be the case!! I've got a grocery list started and am ready to test some recipes.
    Thank you!!
  • to both of you. There's lots of support and tons of ideas in this Forum. Hang out, ask questions and join us on the daily chat.
  • Yes ! Yes! Our beachers are the best at supporting,educating and all that stuff! The recipes here rival any you'll find in test and nutrition!