3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Keep me from shopping! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/90847-keep-me-shopping.html)

Louren 08-04-2006 04:54 PM

Keep me from shopping!

It is tax free weekend in Texas. I guess the kids and I could use new school clothes. But it is more of a want than a need. And I reall should not be spending the money now, tax free or not. In 1 month, the pay raises will have gone through, and THEN I can buy more clothing.

I know why I want to shop, it is because it gives me that same rush that eating a large quantity of chocolate or ice cream gives me. And I know I can't do that.

Tell me I don't need to shop (or snack), and that my daughter will not be shunned from popularity in Kindergarten because she does not have the newest hottest whateverest clothes.

HELP!

Barb0522 08-04-2006 05:09 PM

She will not be shunned. I plan on avoiding the stores since they are always packed during tax free weekend. We picked up the few things that Brian needed a few weeks ago at Target. I do think DH plans to pick up some clothes. His are so expensive and there won't be a back to school rush at the Big and Tall shop.

Louren 08-04-2006 08:10 PM

My husband actually called and asked if there was anything I needed for him to go buy. "You are actually volunteering to go out into the storm?" I asked him. "Uh, that is pretty silly isn't it." He was being sweet. He asked if he could go ahead and buy me some clothing for Christmas. I told him that the season will probably be wrong, and that I hope to be wearing a different size then I currently am now by December 25!

Fingers Crossed! (and determination to stay on plan!)

squishy1234 08-04-2006 08:34 PM

After having moved from a big house with storage to a little house with none I have learned the mantra of Less is More. Less to spend $ on, less to clean, less to pick up, less to store, less to trip on and less to jam closets!

We now have to give away/ throw away something for every item (nonfood) that comes in. I feel better in my home and feel better about not contributing to underpaid garment workers and pollution from shipping the items around the continant (yes, I am a tree-hugger and proud of it!)

I get the same rush out of cleaning out stuff and organizing it than I used to by buying stuff! As long as I actually finish the project I started...

Jess

little grasshopper 08-05-2006 07:15 AM

Louren - I certainly recognize that rush. I'm trying not to buy much clothing either. All my wieght is in my torso so nothing fits right when I gain. Shirts and pants will change equally. I hate to buy stuff now - only to have it droopy in a couple of months (if I work hard and stay op).

As for her being shunned....I think she'll be just fine!!! Besides, as you said, you can go soon when raises kick in. you're doing a great job staying strong!!