Share your menu for today

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Phase 1 + corn

B: 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
    S: SF fudgsicle
    Brunch: Big boss is taking us for brunch this morning. Scary thought. If an option, I will have an omelet.
    Lunch: If at all hungry, I brought a Smart Ones beef pot roast meal (beef, mushrooms, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, gravy). Probably has trace amounts of wheat but it will be OK. Won't eat carrots.
    D: Garlic-Lemon Dump Chicken, Corn on the cob, salad with Italian dressing

Dinners for this week:
    Shrimp stir-fry, tomato slices for DH and red pepper slices for me
    Dump Asian chicken and black-eyed peas, sauteed squash
    Roasted Chicken of some sort, boiled tatoes for DH

Need to find a recipe using sweet peppers and pork chops??

Jessie
  • at Phase I plus corn! It is so hard to resist, isn't it?
    I'm Phase II and trying to watch starches.
    B. 3 stoned wheat thin crackers, 3 Laughing Cow Lite, ¼ cassaba melon which was terrible!
    L. Smoked cod salad with dill pickle, onion and parsley on 2 cups spinach and ½cup kidney beans. I'll have cucumber and tomato with it and a small ff sf yoghurt for dessert
    D. 10 pre-cooked shrimp, a cup of cooked green beans, more tomatoes, I may make the tomatoes into wheat tabbouleh if I can find my ww bulgar.
    S. a glass of skim milk and some blueberries if I feel I need them
  • SB's Phase 1 leaning toward Atkins

b-2sl of turkey bacon with shredded swiss cheese on egg white omelet,1 TB cream

d-2 lg chicken burgers,with a salad of greens,cukes,red peppers,mush w) splash of evoo.

s-stuffed peppers,with lean ham & egg sub cubes,s/f lemon jello.

96 oz of water-------------------------------No excercise today

Hugs BB
  • B: Berry Smoothie (yogurt, 1% milk, soy protein, frozen berries)

S: 6 Triscots with LLC

L: Pickle/Ham roll ups 2 cups of spring mix with wine V/Water /Splenda
    S: Tomato Juice

D: BBQ Chicken, 3 bean/coleslaw salad,

Dessert: if I'm hungry 1 Tblspoon PB with coolwhip.
  • B: ff yogurt with 6 cherries
    s: 1/2 peach
    l: taco bake (small serving and more tom salad
    s: lettuce/chicken breast wrap
    d: other 1/2 of taco bake with s/f chocolate pop

lots of water!
  • B: V8 Low Sodium, 1 pam fried egg/over medium
    S: Nonfat sugarfree vanilla latte, water
    L: Turkey Lettuce Wraps, water
    S: Mixed nuts, diet coke
    D: Grilled chicken strip salad with lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, red cabbage, cheese, oil and vinegar to dress it. unsweet tea
    S:not sure yet. We shall see if I am leaning towards sweet (r. creme) or salty (pistachios with me pretending they are really pistachio icecream, not merely nuts).

Lots more water than is on here. A bonus is that my skin seems to be clearer - I haven't had to use the Retin-A in 2 weeks!
  • I am having such a hard time this time around so I think I am going to do a watching bad carbs diet until we get more settled into our house. I hope y'all will let me hang around even if I'm not doing strictly SBD.

My menu today:
    B: Kashi go-lean crunch and skim milk (1 cup cereal, 1 cup milk)
    S: 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    L: chicken santa fe from Smart Ones (chicken, black beans, bell pepper, onion)
    S: ?
    D: Taco bake on a bed of lettuce with LF sour cream
  • B. Blueberries, Fiber One Cereal and skim milk
    L. Spinach salad with bean salad on top and a HB egg, yoghurt
    D. BBQ Chicken, green beans and tomatoes.

Milk and another fruit will be worked in there too.

I got some mandarin-mango green tea Crystal Lite yesterday and plan to sip that off and on all day. There will definitely be no exercise beyond lifting my glass!
  • Yesterday was:
    B: oatmeal with Splenda, cinnamon, banana, strawberries and blueberries and a glass of Metamucil.
    S: grapes
    L: Chipotle Beef Burrito (contains black beans and spinach) on whole wheat tortilla fixed as a quesadilla in the George Foreman
    S: glass of milk
    D: More chipotle Beef Burrito plus lots of south beach coleslaw, grapes
    S: no sugar added Fudgesicle
    Exercise was an hour of jogging, biking, walking and dancing

Today should be:
    B: oatmeal with Splenda, cinnamon, banana, strawberries and blueberries and a glass of Metamucil and a piece of turkey bacon
    S: grapes and zucchini
    L: Lentil Kale Stew
    S: cauliflower
    D: ham, sweet potato, green beans I forgot I'm making deviled eggs too!
    S: probably a no sugar added Fudgesicle or else some SF pudding
    Exercise: I plan to stop at the gym for some stationary bike and hopefully some weights if I have time.
  • today............

B: scrambled eggs and Tomato Juice. Cawfee with skim and splenda

L: 3oz chick breast, tossed salad

D: left over chick, and a big Chef salad with coleslaw,beans, spring mix, LF cheese, tomatoes

Dessert: Blueberry Smoothie

snacks: I made deviled eggs.. YUM
  • Phase II

B: 2 pieces 7-grain bread with 1 T sugar-free peanut butter and 1 tsp honey [I would love to be able to eat natural PB but I have digestion problems with peanuts and can only do creamy PB. I don't eat it often, just as a treat!]
    S: coffee with light powdered cream and Splenda, peach
    L: Taco bake (!!!!!)
    S: 1 cup skim milk w/coffee (cafe au lait with Splenda--a favorite treat!)
    D: Pork chop with sweet pepper sauce (this is called creating a recipe with what is in the fridge!), sauteed yellow squash, black-eyed peas
  • B. Laughing cow cheese (2) on stoned wheat crackers (4) plus a grapefruit - smaller than the oranges I have!
    L. Spinach and lettuce salad with cukes, red pepper, fish salad, bean salad, yoghurt
    D. Cold chicken, green and yellow beans, broiled tomato slices with pesto and 4 oz of wee new potatoes.
    Snacks if needed will be watermelon and/or skim milk and diet gingerale

Note that I actually cooked fish and am going to eat it. I keep reading about the benefits of fish oil and am determined to up my consumption and learn to really like the stuff!
  • Thursday:
    Breakfast, more like brunch. I can't get to eating first thing in the morning. I am too busy nursing my coffee. I know it's bad. I was up at 8:30 today (which is really really late and unusual for me) It's almost a quarter to 11 now.

Prebreakfast: Coffee with splenda and fat free 1/2 and 1/2

B: 1/2 c eggbeaters
    1/3 c part skim ricotta
    1 c skim milk
    splenda, vanilla, and ice...blended together.

s.
    L. s.
    D. s.
  • B: berry smoothie, cawfee
    L: small salad, triscots with LLC
    D: salad, 1/2 turkey and swiss on sourdough bread, coleslaw
    Snack: yogurt and a nectarine.
    Snack2: deviled eggs
  • Bumping this up as my Thursday update

Thursday:
    Breakfast, more like brunch. I can't get to eating first thing in the morning. I am too busy nursing my coffee. I know it's bad. I was up at 8:30 today (which is really really late and unusual for me) It's almost a quarter to 11 now.

Prebreakfast: Coffee with splenda and fat free 1/2 and 1/2

B: 1/2 c eggbeaters
    1/3 c part skim ricotta
    1 c skim milk
    splenda, vanilla, and ice...blended together.

s. Celery with Laughing Cow Lite

L. Flat wrap pizza, with sauce, pepperoni, and cheese...yum-O, but sauce was prego which may be too high in sugar.

s. Celery, laughing cow lite

D. Spring Greens with a Turkey Burger, some mayo, and Balsamic and Evoo dressing -- Oh and a glass of really good red wine.

s. Opted out of the sugar free - fat free chocolate pudding with fat free whipped cream. I took a finger full and then realized that I didn't need to automatically have a pudding for dessert. I am looking for an excuse to eat some, wanna give me one? LOL
    I think that my glass of wine sort of counted in a way. Calling it a night for eating at 9 PM -- besides, I blew it and didn't exercise again. sigh. Tomorrow, one of my best friends is flying in from Chicago with her DH and DD, so I am making them dinner. I am promising to try to behave, but we really like to drink wine together! LOL. Maybe they wont want to have a bottle since they have to drive to Leesburg for the hotel. I am planning on looking up the SB friendly recipes and appetizers for the dinner menu. I'll let you know how it goes!