South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:32 AM   #1  

Default New, and need advice!

Hi! I'm Brandy, I'm 23. I have two kids, Brooke, who is 2 1/2, and Landon who is 2 months. My top weight was 223 when I was pregnant with my son, the weight melted off, I got back to pre-preggo weight in no time, and then I lost another 8 through phase 1.

I first started SB in September of last year, but had to come off because I found out that I was pregnant with my son. I jumped back in, and restarted phase 1 on June 26. My husband started it with me the first time, and again this time around. We totally blew it and returned to bad eating habits due to time constraints for 1 meal, and that was all it took to throw us off track.

We went ahead and proceeded to phase 2, so far it is really rocky. I am having a hard time dealing with cravings. I am trying to prepare my shopping list for next week.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good, easy recipes? Any suggestions for appropriate snacks that can help my sweet tooth?

Thank you so much!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

to the beach, I totally understand the time thing and trying to balance a family and meal making. Check out the recipe section there are some great ideas there. Good luck on the shopping.... I would try to do phase 1 again which will help to get rid of the cravings. I find summer the easier time as there are lots of fresh veggies and bbq season. Plus you will get lots of support here, join us in the daily threads.... Have a great day.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #3  

mamaBrandy! Little Chick is right, we have a lot of recipes all broken into Phases.. Also, go to the Sticky section, lots of tips for Phase 1 and 2 .. Cravings are best dealt with on phase 1.. so if you can't do it 100%, try doing what we call Phase 1.5... where you focus on Phase1 adding in 1 or 2 phase 2 items. Good luck!
Old 07-12-2006, 04:54 PM   #4  

Thanks so much! The sticky's helped!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #5  

Invest in the Quick and Easy South Beach recipie book. I agree that many of the recipies in the original book take too long. Especially the snacks. :P The important thing is to stick to the principles: good carbs, low sugar, more fresh, less processed.
Closed Thread