South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #1  

Default Will my morning regular coffee sabotage me?

I love my one cup of coffee in the morning. Full flavoured non cafe coffee. Will this ruin my chances of sticking to the SB diet? I can live with everything else but please I need my coffee!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #2  

welcome! And you can have your coffee.. enjoy it!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #3  

Coffee is most important to many of us on this board. Just make sure you use Sweet n Low, Splenda, or something like that!!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:01 AM   #4  

Thank you for answering my question - you have made this SB very very happy!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cybersis, have you read the SBD book? It is really helpful; IMHO it's essential to doing well on SBD.

In the book Dr. A says that caffeine can stall your weight loss due to its effect on insulin. He says you can safely have up to 2 servings of a caffeinated beverage every day without seeing much effect, though. Keep in mind that this is 16 oz of liquid (that's 2 servings) a day...so no HUGE mugs of coffee like my husband uses (his holds 3.5 cups!!! )! You can use skim, 1%, or even 2% milk as creamer, but avoid the non-dairy kind...they have sugar and awful trans fats. You can add SF flavored syrups to add sweetness and flavor, and/or splenda or another sugar substitute.

Enjoy!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #6  

I do have the book but guess I missed reading that. All you see is that chart that says no cafeinated drinks. I don't drink soda so that has not been a problem. I have one cup of coffee in the morning with skim milk and splenda. So happy to learn that I am doing fine.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:07 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sounds perfect (and yummy...)! I know...it's hard to see in the book that he okays up to 2 caffeinated drinks. It's at the end of a chapter (I think) and part of the text, not on a list or in a chart. He should make it more obvious! Perhaps he was hoping we wouldn't notice?

Good for you on not drinking soda! Sounds like you are doing great!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #8  

I would riot if I couldn't get my coffee and wine. You should be fine. Like everything else on South Beach, it is usually not the food item, it's what you put on or in it. We usually go with the low carb creamer and Splenda - but if we're at a restaurant we'll go head and have the full cream. The most dangerous indulgence we've had are the Mochas at Caribou. Definitely need to back off on those.
Closed Thread