South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #1  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Default Craving Changes= Chemistry Changes?

I've noticed lately that when I eat steel cut oats in the morning I'm hungry 2 hours later. I used to eat them every morning when I was losing the most weight and they kept me full all morning with no cravings at all. I wonder what changed. It seems that now oats set off cravings really bad and just don't keep me satisfied as long. Could my body chemistry have changed?

I've been having cravings the last week or so and am planning on doing a P1.5 to get rid of the cravings. Do you think that will set my body back to where it was before? I'm doing P1.5 where I have one fruit a day and a starch every other day. I'm not doing the full P1 because I've noticed that fruit doesn't make me crave at all as long as I eat in later in the day. Is this a good plan?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #2  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Hey pearshape, I have noticed that oatmeal always makes me crave more carbs. Do you eat a boiled egg or some protein when you eat oatmeal? That helped me a little bit, but after a few days of bad craving I just quit eating it. Maybe you could try having oatmeal for dinner??? Sounds weird, but going to bed before you get hungry or cravy might help too. I sure don't know, I'm not the expert on controlling carb cravings............that's why I'm doing Phase 1 AGAIN!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I hear ya! I add a 1/4 C ricotta to the oatmeal or else I'd add 1/4 C TVP to it. So I was always getting protein with it. Weird.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #4  

Had oatmeal this morning with walnuts and blueberries and didn't have too much of a problem today. I would agree with previous posters though. If you find your body reacting weirdly, combine the food with a fat or protein to slow things down.
Closed Thread