A quick hello from across "the pond"

• Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if any of you remember me - I was doing South Beach last summer.
    Since then I've had an eventful year. I left my job and returned to school and am going to start a college degree course in September. I'm also in the process of separating from my husband. It has been a rollercoaster year and of course, I have eaten as my way of dealing with it all! Well long story short, I fell off the Beach and gained an additional 8 pounds over the last 6 months. I'm now at my heaviest ever weight and in that space where I KNOW I have to do something about this weight, but really cannot decide on a diet plan.
    I'm very, very strongly leaning towards SBD. I felt great whilst I was on it, it cured my cravings, and I had good losses....
    I still often lurk here and love to read how you are all doing.
    If I decide to do SBD again, I will be starting P1 on Thursday July 6. Who says a diet has to be started on a Monday

Did anyone else come back to SBD after a long break? If so how did it go? Do you have any advice to give me doing a re-start after so long?
  • I remember you, Artemis! Many of us are still around. Welcome back. I've never left South Beach but I would think that finding recipes that you really enjoy might be a key factor in success. Good Luck!
  • Welcome back, Artemis, I remember you, too! I'm so sorry that you've had a rough year, but hopefully everything is falling into place nicely for you now. Check the new updated Phase 1 & 2 lists for all the changes, and try some of our recipes from the boards, they're delicious and will help keep you motivated. It's good to have you back with us!
  • HUH??? WHA???? It's ARTEMIS

The Schatzinator has missed you dahlink!!!

Need Artemis' towel ..Pronto Stat and all that jiffy quick pip pip stuff
  • Hi Artemis

I too am a re-SB-er...this is my 3rd attempt. I lost quite a bit of weight with WW but have severely lost my focus of tracking my points so I need some more discipline, which is why I'm here again.

I just re-started Phase I this past Friday (June 30) and already feel tons better. My stomach is staying flat and the headaches have subsided.

I do find that I am very thirsty and I've already had over 60 oz today already (it's not even 1pm...). I've been drinking a lot of water the past few days...we'll see if my thirst subsides later this week.

Good luck!
  • The Goddess is back! It sounds like you have been through a lot of changes. i hope you do decide to return to South Beach.
  • Thanks for all the lovely greetings ladies! It's good to "see" you all again.
    I think Thursday is the day to start P1.

Barb you've inspired me to get out all my old favourite recipes, I'd forgotten how much I love the Taco Bake, and Schazi's portabella's are gorgeous with grilled fish!
    Save me a nice shady spot for Thursday. (I have very fair skin so need shade along with my Beach towel!!)
  • Hey Artemis!!! I remember you too!!!
    So sorry your past year has been tough for you, but things always have a way of turning around. A couple cliche's that help me get through.....
    God doesn't give you anything you can't handle....
    Everything happens for a reason

Glad to see you back, I've been gone myself for quite a while, been lurking though. I started back last month and took off the vacation weight I had put on.

It's good to "see" you again.