South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 07:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Think Thirst Thursday - June 29

Good morning, Beachers!

All of a sudden (Oliver Sudden) it's the second last day of June and there's no way I'm going to meet my weightloss target unless I cut off a boob or something! I realize I am definitely not drinking enough water, especially in this weather. Now that I recognize full from food, I must work on recognizing thirst! I'm really dumb sometimes!

I'm feeling drained this morning but have to get it together for a busy day. I need to do some government forms and get them in the mail today or we could lose our cemetery licence. I go for my first allergy shot at 11 and also see the doc for the results of my last bloodwork and a BP check. Then I start my trek to the schools in the County to pick up entries for the Fair. I'll do half the schools this afternoon and finish up tomorrow. That's the plan anyhow - life has a way of changing things.

What's happening under your Beach Brolly?
Old 06-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The SUN is out, yipee! I didn't realise how bad the flooding was around here until I tried to drive around, and discovered most of the roads were closed. The traffic was a mess! A "state of emergency" was declared for our area, too, but we were pretty lucky and had no problems at all. The yard is a soggy mess, though, so it will take a couple of days for it to dry out.
Ruth ~ There's no way I'm going to meet my target for June either. If only ice cream was never invented!! I'm trying to get back on track, though, and I have the Taco Bake already to be popped in the oven for supper tonight. Lunch is going to be fruit salad with yogurt.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Grief! I didn't realize how much flooding was happening down there! I wonder if Beachgal (NY state) is OK. I got the Watertown station and saw some pretty wet scenes!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:22 AM   #4  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

I am up sooo early, wait no I'm not. I haven't really slept yet.. I've got all kinds of drama to deal with so I can't sleep. Lets just leave it at I'm caught as a neutral party in the middle of a bad situation that hopefully will blow over today. I just hope I don't have to do anything today, so I can sleep later if I can. Needless to say my diet has gone to pot these past few days and my June goals won't be met. But theres always July.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!!

Today feels like a good day, I hope we do not get anymore rain, I know we need it but with the heat the humidity is to bad. I haven't set a goal for June since I just started but I am considering setting one for July.

O and the water I have not had a soda (diet coke) in 3 days now, I can't believe it, I drink so much water that I am up 1/2 the night now.
How does everyone feel about the crystal light on the go? I am considering trying them.
Well it is time to do some work, I hope everyone has a great day.
Check in later.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #6  

Morning Goils!!!! Sorry late check in this morn! Internet is up and down... The sun is out but just like Cottage road closures, rivers crested, it's all a mess! Short post, as I dont trust my puter to stay on line
Old 06-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls! It's my day off!!!! All I have to do today is teach piano, clean, and do laundry. WOO HOO!

Boy am I ready to go to the store. I've eaten all the yummy stuff in the house. I bought some of that Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat Heart Healthy bread, some LF deli cheese slices, FF mayo, and roma tomatoes.... all gone. Delicious sandwiches though. All my salad is gone too. Dang. I guess I do have some soup left. I could try that.

Can you tell I haven't had breakfast yet? I was just completely wiped out this morning. Went to sleep around 10:30 and woke up to the phone ringing in the middle of the night (an hour later, really) and was restless the rest of the night. I injured my inner-thigh-muscle (a little help with the name?) at volleyball the other night and no amount of advil, stretching, ice, anything seems to help. I guess it's starting to feel better today....

Just thought I'd pop in real quick. I'm going to go have some minestrone soup for breakfast... mmm. Hope you girls have a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 06-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #8  

Default Good morning!!

Good morning everyone!

I'm glad to say that Day 1 went without a hitch for me. It's nice to be back on the beach. I really enjoy it!!

Last night, DD and I attempted to bathe our dogs outside. Long story short... we have a dachshund/bassett mix, Bonnie. She hates water with a passion. We managed to bathe her and then she proceeded to get away from us before we could get her inside, and got under the deck and rolled around in the dirt for about 5 minutes. She was SOOOO dirty... had dirt clods in her eyelashes even. It was a struggle to get her back in the house and in the tub for her SECOND bath of the day. However, DD and were CRACKING UP!!!! I was covered in mud from head to toe as well!! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to a much less "exciting" evening after work today!!!

Ruth - I laughed out loud at the boob comment!! Hope your doctor appointment goes well!!

Cottage - I hope you all dry out quick!!! I haven't checked the weather lately, but I hope you all have a nice DRY weekend!!!

Mud - Hope your issue gets cleared up soon! You will get back on track!!!

GAGIRL - I'm addicted to diet pepsi and coke zero. I try SOO hard to not cave in to the call of the soda. I've been doing really well with water lately. Hope it lasts! I usually will "allow" myself the Crystal Light after I've had 3 bottles of water. They are so easy to keep in my desk at work! For whatever it's worth, I buy the Walmart brand, and it's just as good and MUCH cheaper!

Schatzi - Where abouts in NC are you? I have family in Sylva.

Weezle - Enjoy your day off!!! Reading about your soup and sandwiches got me hungry!!!

Hope you all have a great rest of the afternoon!

Carol
Old 06-29-2006, 11:59 AM   #9  
South Beach Life Style

Well my first off plan has happened,, I have no breakfast Items to be OP, so I had a bowl of Bannana nut crunch this morning,, No cravings yet, I followed it with about 40 oz of water,, talk about nervous... I sooooooooo need to get to the store.. it wont happen till the week end I am affraid, I will have NO funds till friday.. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the agony... LOL..take care everyone..
Old 06-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #10  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Default Yippee for Me!!!!

Day 4 on Phase II only three pounds down. But I'm hanging in. Today we had birthday cake here at the office......and......I passed it up....! Yea for me! Like I said, I'm haning in, just holding on. I just wish some of this weight would drop, I'd be more encouraged.

Breakfast: 1% cottage Cheese with sweetner and cinnimon
Snack: one peach
Lunch: Brocalli slaw with low fat feta cheese and cherry tomatoes and Paul Newman's Low fat Raspberry/walnut vinegarette salad dressing. Celery with low fat laughing Cow cheese.

How am I doing??

Hope all of you are well and keeping dry!

JPS
Old 06-29-2006, 01:18 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
I've been running late all day! WW English Muffin with 2 percent cheese and a Light n fit and a fruitbowl in juice I need time to make Quiche!
Lunch was the inside of a tuna sub
Dinner Chicken and salad with Kens light dressing Possibly stifried with some extra veggies for me DH won't touch them!
and PT so I can Burn baby burn some calories
be careful with all the water they evacuated towns in PA near my Mom but luckily she's up higher elevation so thus far she's safe
Crock I'm waiting for Friday too COME ON!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

I went to my neighbors and stacked some wood for them, and Guess what? I got some brown beans , Turkey breast , and Whole Wheat bread for it.. LOL.. they are my Aunt and Uncle, but I will not ask for something, I like to work it out.. Ya know.. got some excercise and some grub to do me till the Weekend... yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Take CAre
Old 06-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new at my end, I still haven't heard about our car,hope its repaired by this weekend or it another week with the rental.Its going to be 2 weeks this Mon that it went into the repair shop. Our rental is going to be very expensive by the time we get our oown car back.Someone told me thats what happens in a small town,they don't have the parts and it takes weeks before they get them.

I'm looking for new ideas when it comes to meal planning. I'm going to keep it lite during the HOT HUMID SUMMER MONTHS. Protein & veggies with or without a salad. One of the ladies on another board told me that she lost her weight and was at goal for two years now,simply by eatting 6 lite meals a day.Starting off a 6AM,9AM,12 noon,3PM,6PM & 9PM.She told us that eatting that way she was never hungry and didn't binge at all. I'm having trouble,with my weight and though maybe I'll try it her way.

We're going to eat HEALTHY,no extras like chips at our BBQs we'll do without,the only thing I won't give up is my CORN ON THE COB on these hot days of summer. I love them too much,before & after the South Beach Diet.

I'm trying to make things from scratch as it healthier for us,don't know what kind of junk they put into prepared foods. Ever since Leos Cancer I more aware of what we are putting into our bodies,foodwise and other things.We even bought & put a filter on our water supply, no chemicals enter our bodies either.

Hope you all have a wonderful restful weekend.

Hugs BB
Old 06-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #14  

Smile Thursday

I can't believe its Thursday night already... and its raining .... AGAIN!!!! This was day 4 for me on the Beach and so far so good. I'm pretty excited about this. I only tried once before and made it to day 8 before it all fell apart. I'm planning on pulling this off though. I deserve some success. Don't ya think?

Have a super day and a wonderful weekend chickies!!!!!
Closed Thread