South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 06:21 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Beach Chat !

Morning GALS!!!!! It's gonna be a Sunshiny Day!!!! ... ok, maybe not

Just kicking us off this morn before I fill up my cawfee cup and head out to exercise.... Be back later!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

There's no sunshine around here, that's for sure! It's still raining with no end in sight, and I'm beginning to think about trading in my car for a rowboat! At least I don't have to water my flowers, the poor things are drowning, but I think they'll survive.
Audrey has camp every morning this week, so Maggie and I are finally going to take my car in to Walmart to have them re-balance my tires. Then we're going to bake some cookies before she has a friend come over for a playdate. That about covers my exciting day, what do you all have planned?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rain just started here and is predicted to stay until Sunday! I guess I won't be gardening.

I have no appointments or other silliness today so with catch up on domestic stuff. I have company on the weekend and will go around and touch up the spots Candice the Lousy Cleaner missed on Friday. I have black leather chair seats in th DR and you can write your initials on them! Grrr! Of course, I could do than instead of place cards.

Yesterday was not a stellar eating day - good food but poor quantities. I managed to stash away 57 grams of fiber - blueberries, chili and Fiber One cereal - all good stuff but really! I'd better glug lots of water today or I'll really be in trouble!

Time to send out the Girls to gather wood for an Ark!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:49 AM   #4  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks! Rainy, gloomy day here also but we could use it and at least it's not the weekend.....trying to be cheery today Bad sleep night again last night with DS although we did get one good stretch in from 1 - 3:30 am. Food was okay yesterday for my first day of P1. Didn't get the stew made b/c we had a late doctor's appointment, but DH grilled some steak and masacred some broccoli (he cooks it waaaayyy overdone - but if he's cooking, then no complaining from me, right?). Got some antibiotics for my sinus infection that just won't go away so hopefully I'll be feeling a little more human soon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh, has anyone tried the cocoavie (sp?) bars? They are dark chocolate and would definitely be a P2 Very occassional treat, but they look yummy. They're pretty expensive though so I'm wondering if they're worth it?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #5  

Morning gals!

Cottage Sounds like a nice day- it must be nice when you have a bit of downtime with one of the girls.

Schatzi WTG on the exercise! I need to do that myself this morning- I should have already gotten up and done it as the baby walks around holding her arms up for me to take her. Any other time she is Miss Independent.

Ruth Enjoy getting some things done around the house today. We got quite a bit done yesterday and it feels good!

Me- Story time at the library this morning and then to school to help one of our new teachers in her classroom for a bit. Another girlfriend is going to watch my girls and I have to admit that I am looking forward to an hour or two with no kiddos. I ADORE my girls, but need a bit of time every now and then. I am also going to sell some of my maternity clothes to a consignment shop and see if I can make a tiny bit of money. DH and I were talking about pullling some stuff together to have a garage sale. Figure anything will help the 'ole budget!!

Weight seems to be sticking at 159, not sure I can lose 3 pounds by Friday to make my goal!! I have cheated here and there all month though, so know exactly why I am not lower.

Enjoy the day and stay dry!! We sure will here in Texas!!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #6  

Morning Kelly! Sorry to hear about your rough night. Here's hoping for needed sleep soon!!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:59 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Kelly, I've no idea what those bars are. COuld you check the spelling and myabe post the ingredients? I treated myself to one square of a dark chocolate Hershey bar last week, left the bar on the car seat in the sun and that was it! I guess it wasn't meant to be. My front seat looks pretty gross but smells better than it looks.

Cottage. strange weather here. It was pouring when I first posted, stopped, the sun came out and you can actually see steam rising from the road! More rain is coming though. I hope your poor plants don't drown. Are there drainage holes in your pots? Plants who have their roots in water for a long time, drown from lack of oxygen, unless they are water plants, of course!

Nearly nine. I'd better do something to earn my salt!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:02 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Kiko, we were posting at the same time. Having a sale is a great way to ditch extra stuff and make a few bucks. I have a collection in the cellar that should meet that fate. I've already sent some of my "power suits" to the consignment shop in Westport but haven't heard if they sold yet.

Really have to hustle my fluffy butt!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls! Quick fly-by today. Fell off the wagon yesterday (stupid Dairy Queen!) but I'm back on today. I think the high stress-level is making me eat because I did the bottomless-pit thing that I usually do when a period's coming but mine's nowhere in sight. Dang. No time to be bad today though! Work until 5, volleyball at 7. Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Old 06-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

I Have Had My 2 Cups And I Am Good To Go!!!!

Good Morning All , Hope Everyone Has A Great Day.
Phase 1 Beginners Good Luck, we Can Do It

What's For Breakfast This Morning???

I Had Quiche (sp) Cups
Old 06-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

Good morning chicks..

Rain Rain go away, please come back another day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4 days of rain so far and Looks like a couple more before there is a break in this weather.. Sick sick sick of the rain.. and the flooding will begin,, I live in a "flood free"zone, but my routes to stores and such are flood prone... So All is well here. I hope you guys are doing okay..

I think I need to have a yard sale.. lord knows I can use the funds.,..
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 AM   #12  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Good morning ladies!

Well aside from not feeling well yesterday morning, yesterday was nearly unbearable. It was hot, a stuffy hot. And since there is no real use for them in the northwest, no air conditioning. No fun. Today is supposed to be cooler. I hope all this sunshine goes away. I'll try my best to send it to all of you that are getting rained out.

Today i think I'm just going to stay in and clean most of the day. Theres a funky smell emanating from somewhere in here that I need to find and destroy.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Lost 1 lb that W-I this morning. Nothing much but is a start,as I really going to take my challenge seriously.

Was up early and I got on the bike for 20 mins.Going to be too hot to walk,so I'm going to do some firming with my firm tapes in the A/C room. Found some nice cool veggie salads on the net, other that that boring lettuce tomato cuke combo.

Getting ready for another challenge,getting S.F. jello and some old ricotta cheese recipes ready.Leo and I decided to lay off the bread products for our meals. Just protein & veggies on the two main dishes during this hot humid summer.

We saw a young gal,with her children walk out of her car with her cocker spanel locked in a van with 1 inch window opened. One of my friends reported it to the manager of the store. WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING. Anamils & people[especially children]shouldn't be kept in a car without air.

Thats all, going to have my lunch

Hugs BB
Old 06-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
I can't wait for my groceries to come so i can eat like a human being and not a garbage truck
Experimental Fajitas for dinner tonight I'm going to poach some chicken then slice up with onions peppers etc. . .
today is our reprieve from rain day I'm at home trying to accomplish stuff
gotta run
Old 06-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #15  

I'm back at work today. I did have to take Brian in for a dental cleaning this morning but his dentist has wireless access in the lobby so I was able to work. Brian needs to go back tomorrow for a filling but DH says he will take him as long as I wake him up.

Lots of work to do to play catchup. I'm taking on some of the work from my teammate who retires tomorrow so I will be a bit busier.
Closed Thread