South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default "Are you still on that diet?"

I don't know how many times I hear from co-workers and friends "Are you still on that crazy diet?"

"What crazy diet? Oh, you mean the one where I eat healthy veggies, low fat cheeses and meat, whole grains, beans and fresh fruit? That crazy diet? The one where I lost 40 pounds and have kept it off for the last 2 years? Well, yes, I'll always be on this because I've permantly changed my eating habits. To go off it means returning to the way I ate before that caused me to put on all the weight and my high blood pressure."

Do you get these silly comments?

Sarah
Old 06-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/144/140

All the time. I used to try and explain that it is not a diet, but that I have just changed my lifestyle and I try to be healthy. Now, I just say "Yeah, I guess so."
Old 06-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #3  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Yes! and it drives me crazy. I get it the most from my parents - dad who's had mutliple heart attacks & a bypass surgery and mom who has type 2 diabetes. I've stopped trying to explain the health benefits. They just don't get it. It makes me really sad that they won't listen to me and continue on with their health problems, but there's only so much I can do.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #4  

Indeed! My favorite is an old Uncle who thinks I'm some Granola lovin hippie... WHOLE wheat and oats? .."A good way to wear yer teeth down.".( gotta love the old coot...)
Old 06-26-2006, 01:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

My parents attempted to do SBD when I started. They did pretty good for a few weeks, then my dad says to me "that diet of yours is causing me to gain weight." ????

I talked with Mom. She confirmed the weight was coming back. I asked her what they ate-everything sounded good until she got to the big bowl of ice cream every night with the m&m's and other candy sprinkled on top, they were eating several jars of peanut butter a week and pork sausage or bacon every day. ???? (They get about 4 servings per pound of sausage and bacon.)

Mom said, "We're just too old to do without the good stuff." They are in their 80's.

I finally telling dad, "Well my diet is working just fine with me. I don't know what diet you're doing but it's not the one I'm doing."

Gotta love them or you'd wind up shaking them.

Sarah
Closed Thread