3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Need someone's help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/87722-need-someones-help.html)

Dritter79 06-25-2006 06:02 PM

Need someone's help

HI, I am 26 years old and have been dieting since college. I started with WW and did that successfully for 2years. At that time, my mom started reading the SBD book and wanted me to try it out with her. I did that and i lost weight and felt great on it. So now im back and i have to figure out which diet plan works best for me. I cant make up my mind. Some days are WW and then other days are SBD. I know with south beach i can lose it quickly but i get hung up on the cool whip for dessert that i can't control my portions. On WW, the weight is slower to come off, and i get to eat whatever i want, but im always thinking about points. I know that this is a WW board, but i can't decide which plan is best for me to lose 8lbs.

Jersey

Dritter79 06-25-2006 06:10 PM

sorry this is a SBD board...my bad

Ruthxxx 06-25-2006 06:22 PM

Only you can decide which plan for yourself. Snoop around and see what you think. SBD is more restricted than WW but SBD is a lifestyle change.

mommyof2boysaz 06-25-2006 09:57 PM

Hi! I know EXACTLY what you're going through! I have tried SB in the past very briefly. I've also done almost every diet at some point, but most recently, I've done WW off and on for a couple of years. This last time starting in January. I did OK for a couple of months but then went on vacation and got off course and have gained half of what I lost since Jan. back!:mad:

I've just decided to give SB a really honest try. I plan to start tomorrow. It is scary because it is a lot different than WW, but I do know that I need to change my lifestyle if I want to lose this weight! Like it or not!;)

I almost feel like a traitor to WW, because I do believe it is a good program and I have friends who have lost a lot of weight on it. But, I also know people who've done very well on SB, so I guess it's just a matter of figuring out what works for YOU! (I'm a lot of help, aren't I?)

Best of luck with whichever route you choose!:hug:

Britte

hippychick11 06-25-2006 10:18 PM

The best fit

I agree... It all depends on where you are on this journey. I've tried WW for years. I like the idea of being able to eat any and everything. But WW seems to require more self-control than I have right now. When you're told that bad carbs are okay, you have to fight against nature to keep your eating in control. Nature causes blood sugar levels to drop and cravings to increase -- or something like that. :?: I can't fight that. On the Beach, however, I don't have to fight it. I work with nature instead. The cravings go away and it's not a struggle to say no to the bad carbs. For me, that's a whole lot easier... at least so far. I mean, it's only Day 6! ;)

girl81 06-26-2006 07:27 AM

re

have you considered trying WW's core program? it is similar to SB

Ruthxxx 06-26-2006 08:34 AM

WW says you can eat anything and everything as long as you are within points. Technically I could stay on WW by eating 6 Turtle ice cream bars and stay within my points but that would be silly. Of course, people can make healthy choices on WW. It's just that some of us don't. :(

South Beach is all about eating for health. It also requires committment to stick to the food lists and unprocessed food. It's a lifestyle change rather than a weightloss programme.

mommyof2boysaz 06-26-2006 08:50 AM

girl81- I have tried WW's Core program and it is closer to SB, than their points program, but I still didn't have success with losing on it. I ate a lot of fruit and tended to overeat the once per day whole wheat pasta or rice or potatoe that was permitted. Not the program's fault, but mine! I'm just hoping that the structure and Phases of SB will bring me more success.

proudmother 06-26-2006 01:58 PM

I think you need to stop thinking about dieting and decide how you want to eat for the rest of your life. I'm not saying that I never stray off my plan, but I think having a plan for life is the only way to loose the weight and keep it off. After all you want to be healthy and stay healthy.

SB works for me. I found that most recipes can be adapted to SB. I'm cajun so rice is important. I just switched from white rice to the parboiled rice.
Almost anything can be sauteed in olive oil. Do some research and consider how you want to live. Good luck.