• Hello fellow Beach Buds!

My name's Linds and I am planning on starting the South Beach Diet on Monday. I have the 3 fat chicks diet book and it seemed like something I'd be able to do. I really want to take off the pesky water weight the most. It haunts me. Do any of you have any advice about the Phase 1? Other than that I just really need to get back into a regular exercise routine. Any and all advice, esp diet buddies are welcome, I REALLY need to be accountable to somebody! My AIM is Godselobutterfly and here are my stats:

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 246
    Goal: 200 by Labor Day
    180 by Christmas :-)

• Hi butterfly
    I am going to start on Monday also. I used SB before, and was succesful, but I got lazy and careless and went back to ALL of my previous habits. gained all 50 plus lbs back. I was a size 6---now I'm a snug 16.....uh! I am going to get it off, and if you will encourage me, I'll encourage you!!!!
    good luck
    Joyce
  • Good luck!
    Monday will mark one full week for me -- and I'm already down 6 lbs! It's been great! I have survived the dreaded co-worker's birthday cake and dinner out at Outback Steakhouse. I didn't miss the bad carbs at all! For me, variety is key. I've been using the recipes in the original book for ideas. It keeps things interesting. I'm no expert -- I've tried and failed a million diets. But so far, I'm loving life on the beach and believe I'll be successful here. I hope you will too!
  • Cocoa and butcherbabe -- There's a newbie thread where you can list yer meals, get support and suggestions.. ta help kick off yer new way of healthy eating the SBD way!
  • Cocoa, . I'm glad you have the 3fatchicks book. Isn't it fun? However, it really does not explain SOuth BEach in depth. It's important ot get your hands on the book and read it so you unerstand the concepts behind this lifestyle change.

back, Butcherbabe. Your name intrigues me - I think! Your second time on the Beach should go better now that you know where the quicksand is hidden.

Good going, Hippichick11. The book has good recipes but do check out our recipe Forum in here for more goodies.
  • I'm starting Monday, also and would love to have someone to do it with!
    My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I haven't been able to lose even 10 pounds in oh... 9 years!?! Have tried everything, but only attempted SB once briefly a long time ago, so hope to do better this time.

Good Luck everyone!!

Britte