South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Headache on phase 2?

Has anyone experienced headaches when starting phase 2? I did have a slight headache the first 2 days on ph 1, now again on first 2 days of ph 2.
On Sunday I had a piece of SF chocolate, Monday- 6 strawberries & 2 slices lite SF 100% whole grain bread,Tuesday- 1/2 whole wheat, coconut pecan cookie (low sugar but NOT SF) I'm starting to think I had better stay totally away from sugar. Would the carbs be causing this? Any ideas chicks?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #2  

I don't know that the carbs would be causing headaches. It might be something else. You may be adding the phase 2 foods back in a little fast. It is recommended that you try one thing for a week and see if it causes you cravings.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Carbs for sure. Add one carb per week - like a serving of fruit every day. I think there is a sticky on this in the FAQ but have someone here right now so can't find it.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:39 PM   #4  

Thanks for your advice. I felt better on ph 1 so it must be that I added too much too soon. The funny thing is- is that I really don't miss the fruit & carbs like I thought I would. The only thing I ate that really was satisfying was the 1/2 cookie. I am going to make the oatmeal cookie posted here. Is coconut a big No-No?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Luc'sMom, have you read the book yet? The whole point of P1 is to eliminate all sugar from your body. That's why you felt good after you got over the side effects of detoxing from sugar (the headaches you had in P1). In P2, you slowly add GOOD carbs back in...that doesn't include sugar. The only sugar you should have in P2 is when it's in food in such minute quantities that it won't affect you (like when it's 18th in a list of ingredients) or when you are eating a very small portion (such as when we have a serving size of Cool Whip Free or have dressing with 3 or 2grams of sugar per serving.).

Try making your own cookies...but if you use them as your carb this week, only eat them and eat them at the same time every day to see how you respond. If you gain or crave or feel sick, you might try them at a different time of day (for instance, I can only have fruit and starches at lunch or after or I crave) or accept that they aren't for you and try something new. You'll find lots of help in the FAQ on this--let us know if you can't find it.

Hope you feel better soon! You might try doing P1 until the cravings/headache go away...usually 3-5 days to get the sugar back out of your system.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #6  

Laurie,
Thanks for the information, I did read the book about 3 weeks ago- have alot going on right now and my brain is feeling like it's mush!! LOL
I know the cookie was a No No! My bad, so I got what was coming to me w/ the headache. Happy to report that I feel tons better already. The oatmeal cookie recipe I was referring to was posted here, ummm....I have to find it. No more sugars for me.....nope, nada, no more!
I guess I was a bit confused about how to add fruit & carbs back. I thought 1 serving of each a day would be okay, but it sounds like you gals are saying only one item a week. As for cravings, I can't eat carbs until after or with dinner, or I'll crave all day.
Thanks everyone!
Closed Thread